Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If there's no iron, is it really steel anymore?  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I am 22 years old and have never drank beer out of a can.  I refuse to drink any shitty beer and all beer that comes in the can is shit
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure all your friends are quite impressed.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Glass bottles make better bar fight weapons.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It was stated before and is logic I cannot argue with.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That is why I carry a 1911.  39 ounces.  For the win.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You go ahead and do that in Arizona.

Be sure to wear those cute bike shorts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am 22 years old and have never drank beer out of a can.  I refuse to drink any shitty beer and all beer that comes in the can is shit

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-8577UQFLH0/SOMLfWqro8I/AAAAAAAAAZI/7671yNRAGek/s400/boddingtons-pub-ale.jpg
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could you drink a case of 1911s in 4 hours?  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am 22 years old and know very little about beer. and have never drank beer out of a can.  I refuse to drink any shitty beer and all beer that comes in the can is shit

Fixed.

Some very outstanding stouts come in cans.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am 22 years old and know very little about beer. and have never drank beer out of a can.  I refuse to drink any shitty beer and all beer that comes in the can is shit

Fixed.

okay okay, I shouldn't have said all.  but the vast majority
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]
All fancy chemistry aside, I still prefer to drink from a glass bottle. Come to think of it, none of my preferred beverages are even offered in aluminum that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is why I carry a 1911. 39 ounces. For the win.

You go ahead and do that in Arizona.

Be sure to wear those cute bike shorts.

I don't go to bars.  But where I drink, I carry.  And if you are gay, hit on StonerStudent.  I am straight.  Ask you sister.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I am 22 years old and have never drank beer out of a can. I refuse to drink any shitty beer and all beer that comes in the can is shit

So you have WHAT experiences with beer drinking?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed.

okay okay, I shouldn't have said all.  but the vast majority

As a fellow beer snob, I agree with you. Although one of the best tasting beers I've ever had was a Coors in a can. This was during one of the hottest days of summer, think it was 117 degrees that day. To say that near freezing beer hit the spot would have been a grave understatement, and I'm not even a fan of Coors.

I honestly can't taste the difference between cans and bottles. Like someone said earlier, you can't get skunk beer with cans. Plus they're cheaper; win win scenario.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#16]
glass or gtfo
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Once it gets into a glass there is no way I'd be able to tell where it originally came from.  I've never understood why people seem to have such a strong preference for either draft or bottled beer...it's interchangeable in my world.  Now coke from a bottle or coke from a fountain?  I DEFINITELY know which is which...although I don't care and will drink both no problem.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
glass or gtfo

Yeah, just go get some Old Speckled Hen.

Great beer.  If you get one that hasn't been exposed to too much light.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't get me started on soda.  Plastic bottles are shit.  Soda in a can is like nectar compared to it.  And those abortions sold at Brewer games, beer in a plastic bottle?  What in the blue fuck am I supposed to do with that?  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont know about you guys but i don't drink beer for the taste..i'll leave that to juice and soda and stuff. By the 5th beer all beer starts tasting the same except for nasty thick dark beer..tastes like nasty thick dark beer. Anyway, cans are for the alcoholics on the move, bottles and glasses for bars. all the beer i drink comes in bottles and cans anyway.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't get me started on soda.  Plastic bottles are shit.  Soda in a can is like nectar compared to it.  And those abortions sold at Brewer games, beer in a plastic bottle?  What in the blue fuck am I supposed to do with that?  

I haven't seen glass bottles at baseball games for YEARS now...kinda sad really
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I have one of these in my kitchen,   and think the big aluminum cans win big.

I like my kegerator a lot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#23]

That's not beer.

This is beer.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#24]
All I know is Corona isn't worthy of a bottle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#25]
There are three things you can count on in life.

1) death

2) taxes

3) Keith_J to come along and insert some intelligence into every argument that had perfect potential to go full retard

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#26]
"What LOOKS like aluminum in kegs is really passivated stainless steel. Passivation removes the iron from stainless steel since 300 stainless steels are about 75% IRON by mass. Because 300 stainless steels are non-magnetic in the annealed condition WHICH IS the most corrosion resistant temper, kegs are dead soft."

Really?  So kegs are mostly Chromium?  Man, I wouldn't have guessed that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All I know is Corona isn't worthy of a bottle.

Good thing they sell it in a can.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:28:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I disagree, glass FTW
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

"What LOOKS like aluminum in kegs is really passivated stainless steel. Passivation removes the iron from stainless steel since 300 stainless steels are about 75% IRON by mass. Because 300 stainless steels are non-magnetic in the annealed condition WHICH IS the most corrosion resistant temper, kegs are dead soft."

Really? So kegs are mostly Chromium? Man, I wouldn't have guessed that.
75% iron by mass is mostly chromium?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:39:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I dont know about you guys but i don't drink beer for the taste..i'll leave that to juice and soda and stuff. By the 5th beer all beer starts tasting the same except for nasty thick dark beer..tastes like nasty thick dark beer. Anyway, cans are for the alcoholics on the move, bottles and glasses for bars. all the beer i drink comes in bottles and cans anyway.

Huh.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am a fan of both.

+1 and I'm going to add Tap to this as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed.

I guess he's never heard of Oskar Blues brews either.  They have some very good CANNED beers.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:56:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Glass bottles FTW.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:58:40 AM EDT
[#34]
There's nothing that is going to make Miller Light palatable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You be wrong young jedi
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#36]
If you say that Al gives a better taste, you do not appreciate beer.
Hit a microbrewery and ask for the sampler.  You'll find out what you're missing.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Beer out of a can? Not my preference, but sometimes beggers cant be choosers. Beer snobs are just one step away from going full gay.

We call them tinnies in Aus. They fit in an esky really well. They also chill faster. And they are full of beer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blind taste tests prove cans > bottles.  Better sealing, better light protection.  Modern lining of cans has eliminated the difference.

Kegs are made from aluminum.

We all know keg beer is best.

That is all.

You are wrong. Kegs are made from stainless steel.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Beer out of a can? Not my preference, but sometimes beggers cant be choosers. Beer snobs are just one step away from going full gay.

We call them tinnies in Aus. They fit in an esky really well. They also chill faster. And they are full of beer.

I just had some Coopers Pale Ale from a bottle(s), I think it tastes quite decent compared to all the Japanese macrobrews and its somewhat cheaper.  Used to be able to get Coopers Best Extra Stout, but its long gone and for some reason its never in stock anymore, I really liked that beer for some reason mainly because of price compared to spending 3 times the amount for Guinness, or whatever other stout.  It sucks cause Asahi makes a decent stout of sorts, but it is not available in the region even though my city has a huge Asahi Brewery factory.  Kirin stout is not that bad either, but both come in cans.

I drink beer that is poured into a glass, whether it comes from a can or a bottle but more often I purchase bottles mainly due to good deals.  My usual "in a can" purchases are kirin stout, grolsch, lowenbrau brewed by asahi under license from lowenbrau(I think its different a bit, not as lemony or something I cant put my finger on), guinness and kilkenny when it is in, and sometimes the usual asahi super dry/yebisu/kirin ichiban shibori.  Bottles bought are usually the same as the previous "in a can" stuff, except Bass Pale Ale is only available in a bottle and most of the time its difficult finding great beers in bottles unless its a japanese macrobrew or ordered.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Beer tastes best when brewed and served locally with no extended preservation required.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Beer out of a can = FAIL^2

Keg FTW!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#42]
so much fail in this thread.

he posts a pic of piss lite in a can and calls it beer.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because "cans" is too difficult to say.

I swear, you guys just make up shit so you can confuse the hell out of tourists.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Beer in the special aluminum bottles that can get to 22 degrees in a chill chamber is pretty good. Chill Chamber beer is colder and better than any can. That said I enjoy a glass bottle better than anything, any day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#45]
FAIL.

The best beer is fresh from the brewery and into a tall glass.

There is a local brewery that does tours and they sell straight from their location. They brew using the"Bavarian Purity Law" method.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
good beer (not pictured above) tastes best poured from a bottle or tap into a glass that just came out of the freezer

but glass bottle > aluminum bottlecan > regular can

Keep your frosty mugs.  Unless they're at home, that's ok.   But I can't understand why people at the bar have a desire to wrap their dicksuckers around a glass frosted with dirty dishwater.

Uhg.  I prefer to keep water out of my beer, especially dirty dishwater.  I do like it out of a glass though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Aluminum is amphoteric.  Which means it can act as an acid or a base.  But that doesn't mean is jumps into solution with anything.  It only dissolves in STRONG acids or bases.  With the exception of ammonium hydroxide.

Water, beer, ice tea...all passive to Al.

Unless you are drinking beer with a pH greater than 13 or less than 2, the aluminum stays WITH THE CAN.

All cans are covered with a special liner which Ball et al keeps as a trade secret because is it so effective at keeping the beer away from the can.  Along with the sealant on the cap.

Light degrades beer far faster.  Clear bottles are JUNK, turning the alpha acids from the hops into a skunk-aroma from just a little light.  Green aren't much better which is why Rolling Rocks are now in a complete box.  Brown are better but still not completely effective.  But aluminum?  NO LIGHT gets through.

Red and Blue seem to contradict. Why do you need a liner if Al doesn't dissolve or impart a taste? Is Aluminum porous?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Trolly McTrollerton is trolling hard.

Glass is class.  Aluminum is for swilling breeders.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

There's nothing that is going to make Miller Light palatable.

If you take a couple cans, dump them into a pot, bring to a boil, and throw in some brats.  The brats are very palatable...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top