User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Heath, how was my boy Bale?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that movie.  I went to see Get Smart and they used that theater for that damn movie so I didn't get to see any hot, hot Anne.  So I got to see any movie free, and the only other movie to see was Wanted.

I'm going to go curve bullets at the range tomorrow, should be fun.  Fuck you Batman you douche.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I want to see this one, but I don't see how Jack Nicholson can be beaten as The Joker.

He was. Ledger's Joker is dark and funny and intelligent and psychopathic (same as Nicholson's). The major difference is the tone of the movie- one is more cartoonish in appearance while the other has a really serious theme to it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fuck Heath, how was my boy Bale?

Very good...

The 'Bat Voice' continues, as does the 'fear is a weapon' angle...

As opposed to the far more cartoonish, pre-Begins movies...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just saw the "pencil trick" on youtube!!LOL!!!!  I don't think I have laughed as hard as that in a while!!!  Going to see the movie Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't give a crap about it being Heath Ledger's last movie, but The Dark Knight was awesome. His character is truly chilling. I don't think I've been that entertained by Hollywood in a long time.

I also could care less that if was Heath Ledger's last movie.  He's probably going to get the Academy Award just out of sympathy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I posted this mini review in the movie forum. It seemed appropriate for this thread,

As a lifetime fan of comic books, DC's universe is my favorite, and The Batman is my all time favorite character, I just saw what I think is the best film version ever made with him. The Dark Knight was everything a Batman fan could want. Batman Begins was very good, but now it feels just like a warm up for this film. I actually felt emotionally drained when I walked out of the theater, in a good way.

The movie lives up to all the hype surrounding it. I actually felt like I was watching the Joker come to life on the screen, for the first time ever. Even though the movie screams for a sequel with the Joker, I do not know of anybody, that could replace Ledger in the role. Gary Oldman looks and acts like he stepped out of Frank Millers version of Jim Gordon, and plays the part to a T. Showing Batman as the worlds greatest detective, which was missing in Batman Begins

I only had a few small fanboy nit picks. I did not care for the MK II bat suit, but can live with it. Bales voice as the Batman's voice, just sounds forced. It almost makes you wish that they would have had Kevin Conroy do the voice over for Batman, and have Bale do the Bruce Wayne voice. SPOILER.....

My last nit pick, killing off Harvey Dent/Two Face, and branding Batman a killer. Even though nobel in intent, goes against Batman's one set rule, do not kill.

I still think it is one of the best films I have ever seen, and give it a 9.5/10. I'm seeing it again today with my comic/film geek friends. Can't wait to see their reactions.
Flyingrhino
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I want to see this one, but I don't see how Jack Nicholson can be beaten as The Joker.

Heath Ledger ripped out Jack Nicholson's eyes and pissed in his skull as the Joker.... Porobably one of the best movie villians ever (no joke.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Saw it today. Nobody can play the Joker again. I don't think any other actor could do it justice.

"Let me show a magic trick... I'll make this pencil disappear."

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw it at yesterday's matinee.  Outstanding, especially for a pop movie.  I sat through the movie mostly in stunned silence that a blockbuster type movie was so dark.  It was not a feel good experience, which I found admirable.

Easily the best comic book movie I've ever seen (replacing Spiderman 2, my previous favorite).
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All I wanna know is...
What is this great pencil scene I keep hearing about.

I'll go see it in 3 weeks

I don't want to ruin it for you.  

My only main complaint with the movie is that seemed pretty obvious that some parts were edited to slip in under the PG-13 ceiling,

Leaves them room for a Director's Cut DVD.

I agree that it was pretty grim viewing for kids.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:18:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is annihilated. Ledger was practically flawless.

Seriously. His performance made that movie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I have been waiting for this movie to come out now for 7 months.  I enjoy the Christain Bale series a lot more.  Dark and violent.  The death of Heath has nothing to do with this movie, if he were alive, it would be just as much buzz.

On Friday night, my wife arrived at the movie theater 2 hours before the show to get tickets before dinner, sold out.  I bought tickets yesterday 4 hours before the showing.  All of the shows last night sold out as well.

It was very much well worth it.  Health blew Nicholson's Joker out of the water, no competition. His nuances and his mannerism are shockingly psychotic. This movie earned its way into my DVD library.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#14]

I went to see it, sold out for the rest of the day. So instead of just going home I went to a cheep little second run movie and saw "The Happenning". Well that was a horrible movie. Well at least I only payed $2.50 for seeing plants declaring war on us and people nonchalantly going about their business of killing themselves, one after another after another.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

He's not beaten, but he's matched.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Very good movie...

Sonar Gadget... Apt for a 'bat' man...

That said, I think Dent became 'Two Face' a little too fast... And then was killed off too fast...

Agreed, I think they should have used Dent to make the next movie, but based on how the movie ended, I believe it was clear that they wanted the Joker in the next movie as well.

To the poster who said it was edited to make it PG-13, I agree with that as well, you could tell that the original filming probably had lots of blood.  Case in point with the "Why so serious scene"  I bet the original filming had the Joker carving him up like a pumpkin.  

I wish they had just made it R and shown more gore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#17]
They arrested a guy in the K.C. area for attempting to bootleg the film.  They caught him in the act of trying to record the movie.  Think the police then got a warrant then search his home.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I took my wife to see The Dark Knight last night for her birthday. When I got home last night, I watched the older version. There is no comparison, the new one is far better than the old one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Jack did a passable Joker. Having read Batman comics as a kid and then the later much darker series I'd say Ledger played the best characterization of the Joker to date. The Joker was always an evil bastard more interested in creating chaos and destruction than the money. He was famous for his plots within plots. The opening scene of the movie is pure Joker at its best.

I've been hearing the rumblings about Ledger getting the Best Actor nod this year. I certainly understand why now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#20]
love jack nicholson.

jack nicholson will, mark my words, prop up ledger for his performance.

seriously, never have i seen someone actually be able to get that close to impersonating schizophrenia.  you'll question good and evil for a second in at least two parts of this movie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Saw it today. Nobody can play the Joker again. I don't think any other actor could do it justice.

+10000000

Yep, they tossed the character under the bus with his death. No more Batman movies with the Joker. Ledger was the epitome of the evil, tongue flicking, psycho criminal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Saw it last night.

Meh.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I've seen it three times already.  

Can't wait to see it more.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I also could care less that if was Heath Ledger's last movie.  He's probably going to get the Academy Award just out of sympathy.

Great role model!  Die doing drugs, get a prestigious award!  Woo hoo!

So this is the remake of the remake?  Batman meets The Crow?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He died due to complication of legitimate prescription drugs he had.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Somewhere Jack Nicholson is feeling OWNED  STONED.

Great movie, I might see it again, before it leaves theaters.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

That was a pretty good film.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No legitimate MD would have recommended doing the mix of drugs he did while drinking.  Do we have to rehash this St. Heath nonsense again?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he put nicholson to shame.  

I HATE ledge for his gay cowboy thing but to be honest, that's probably one of the best performances I've ever seen in a movie.  if he doesn't get an oscar,  it's a sham.  

I'm not a batman fan but that's one of the better movies I've ever seen and Ledger's Joker is a tour-de-force.

we saw it last night and when I got home I grabbed my original batman DVD and VHS tape and put them in the box for the salvation army.  

nicholson's joker is just that: a joke.    Ledgers Joker is truly frightening.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I agree that it was pretty grim viewing for kids.

...Unless they are at least 13 like the damn rating suggests.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Ledger's Joker blew Nicholson's completely out of the water.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I am going to see it tomorrow, and I must say  that judging by the few clips of Ledger as the Joker, It looks like he outdid Nicholson, although I agree with the poster above in that there are multiple ways to play Jack Napier/The Joker

Cesar Romero FTW!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I don't give a crap about it being Heath Ledger's last movie, but The Dark Knight was awesome. His character is truly chilling. I don't think I've been that entertained by Hollywood in a long time.

+1

I was never really a fan of Heath, but his performance as the Joker was amazing. The Dark Knight is easily one of the best movies I have seen in years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw it last night.  It was epic!  I could give a shit less that some famous actor played his last role in that movie because he died snorting coke off a whores ass.  The movie itself was superb.  The action was great, the story line was excellent and the acting was unbelievable.

edit: I KNOW he didn't OD on illegal drugs.  I was only kidding about the crack joke.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top