[#1]

Quoted:

excessive force fuck the popo

Surely you must be joking.

He got everything he deserved.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Glad to see that guy come over and help the cop out. I think if I saw a single cop getting into a struggle with someone I would do the same.

Just be very careful about how you do that.  In fact, yelling "OFFICER, DO YOU WANT MY HELP?" as loud as you can and waiting for a response is probably the best way.

Outside of me getting my ass handed to me and the bad guy taking my weapon, I'd take some unknown running up to me as a potential threat until determined otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

are police not allowed to punch people in the face?

Not normally, no.  But in a very active fight in which the suspect is attempting to harm the officer then yes.  And call it what you want but the suspects actions in my opinion were more then just passive and active resistance.  It appeared as if he was transitioning in to active aggression.....which means the officer acted correctly.

Thing is, I find most cops shy away from punching people.  Nothing wrong with it.  Although I can tell you that slapping is just as, if not more, effective and doesn't risk breaking a knuckle.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I do believe he's thrown a punch before.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the scumbag escapes then breaks into your home and takes your wife & kids hostage. Oh great post by the way.

he would not break into my house since the popo are hear to protect me.

how do you know he is/was a scum bag, the full story is not told here maybe just maybe the police was trying to shake down and innocent man.....could the police officer be the scum bag?

Congrats! you just made my ignore list.

YWFR!

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How can that be excessive, he only hit him once?  Officer =  BG =
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Notice the position of the COPs hands as the Perp came out of the car - He was prepared to defend himself.. Open hands out in front, non-threatening, but ready to strike on a moments notice - Classic stuff
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I am guessing when he was playing ring-around-the-turd, said turd turned towards him and took a swing at him or some such. Something that would illicit the hard empty hand response. He clearly got knocked the fuck out too....... That's a damn good punch. Even got his hips into it.

Doc

PS - I have to commend the citizen that stopped to help the arrest! Fucking A. Great job by the officer in keeping himself with his eyes on the subject still in the car, too. He took a bite of that shit sandwich, and definitely came out on top.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do believe he's thrown a punch before.

Agreed.  He handled himself very well.z
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the scumbag escapes then breaks into your home and takes your wife & kids hostage. Oh great post by the way.

how do you know he is/was a scum bag, the full story is not told here maybe just maybe the police was trying to shake down and innocent man.....could the police officer be the scum bag?

Congrats! you just made my ignore list.

YWFR!

<- must be based off an experience he had once..

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the scumbag escapes then breaks into your home and takes your wife & kids hostage.  Oh great post by the way.  

Show yourself troll.    It doesn't get anymore justified than that.  Resisting arrest is NEVER lawful.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel special now being called a troll and i think i may have made my first ignore list go me

The first comment was a joke i thought it showed through with the smilly......to many people took it serious so i thought i would add to it.

never been called a troll before but if its this easy and fun i see why people do it.....

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I feel special now being called a troll and i think i may have made my first ignore list go me

The first comment was a joke i thought it showed through with the smilly......to many people took it serious so i thought i would add to it.

never been called a troll before but if its this easy and fun i see why people do it.....

You're supposed to beep when you back up like that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep you are absolutely right, i am a cop basher, snitches get stitches yo.

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Oh goody I just realized that I now have the IGNORE feature since I am now a TM.

Lets see how this works

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]
i like... very nice
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
are police not allowed to punch people in the face?

Not normally, no.  But in a very active fight in which the suspect is attempting to harm the officer then yes.  And call it what you want but the suspects actions in my opinion were more then just passive and active resistance.  It appeared as if he was transitioning in to active aggression.....which means the officer acted correctly.

Thing is, I find most cops shy away from punching people.  Nothing wrong with it.  Although I can tell you that slapping is just as, if not more, effective and doesn't risk breaking a knuckle.

That's the new Breed..they're kinder and Gentler..or some such bullshit.  I remember the days when the entire shift would be in the Ememrgency room on a saturday morning with our hands in buckets of ice from running to barfight after barfight all night.  Luckily all of the locak shithole bars closed up..i dont think my current crop of little lambs could handle a REALLY rolling bar fight....I have to say though there isnt a sound in the world louder then a Deadbolt going home as some shithead locks you INTO the bar you and your partner just ran into on a fight call.... Luckily they forgot to lock the side door and the rest of the shift joined the party...
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
excessive force should be expected when you fuck with the popo

fixed.

In that case it wasn't excessive. But I must say, he did apply that force quite liberally
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
excessive force should be expected when you fuck with the popo

fixed.

In that case it wasn't excessive. But I must say, he did apply that force quite liberally

I saw no excessive force, unless there is a specific policy against closed hand punches to the face.
Either way, hell of a punch.

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are what you are and no you were not being facetious, you were in fact serious.  You followed up with one comment after another openly displaying your dislike for the police.  So yes, you're a troll.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Not to re-hash this but we had inhouse defensive tacticts today and did not go over a single strike.  It was all control techniques and pressure points.  Apparently now that we have Tasers they want us to get away from any striking.  Can't wait to see how they reply to my email with this video in it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just made the troll list, yo.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yep you are absolutely right, i am a cop basher, snitches get stitches yo.

Proof is in the pudding.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#26]
needs more hickory shampoo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Tactical Elbow bitch!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Dynamic application of a trained technique.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Stupid games and all...
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Boom! Headshot!

no u didnt
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]

That was (sniff) so....beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm pretty sure that this phrase is actually in the bible somewhere:

"Upon fucking with the bull, thou shalt shortly be receiving the horns."

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top