Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

in short flash hiders yes
muzzle breaks and compensators no
View Quote

I MEANT Flash hiders, not muzzle brakes.
Personally, I don't see a damn bit of difference between either one.  One is "PC", one isn't.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What I hate is when the deer hunters fondle their rifles during cease fire.  I refuse to go down range when other deer hunters are ignoring the rules us mil surplus shooters always adhere to.
View Quote

Do you include running a patch through your rifle as "fondling"? Adjusting your scope? I've gotten into more disagreements with other shooters (mostly shooters who shoot competitively) about this one than any other "range courtesy" rule, especially while running patches through my muzzleloader. Myself, I'm comfortable with others "fondling" of a rifle if the action is obviously broken or the bolt removed, though of course that isn't tolerated at any competition that I know of. I have 2 different comfort modes-one for the informal range setting with no RSO, and one for competitive shoots.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
"Two pints to the left of me was a family, Guy, wife/girlfriend, and boy."

I dunno, I think I see the problem here. No one should take their wife AND girlfriend to the range at the same time and hand them guns. I would have backed off at least 10 miles and called it a day. [}:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top