[#4]
Ah, good news.

Thanks!

-Scott

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[counterstrikevoice] HEADSHOT [/counterstrikevoice]

Actually, that's from Unreal Tournament.  There is a counterstrike mod that adds this functionality.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Somebody shot Proof in da toof!

www.durf.org/log/archives/huge_manatee.jpg

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Sign me up under "Who gives a flying fuck."
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sign me up under "Who gives a flying fuck."

+1 I'm saddened that D01 ~> D11 didn't get it at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
The update to this story is: Scumbag had a CCW, shot an Army GW1 vet in the head and was then shot by somebody else.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Why couldnt Queerinem have been with him....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
every bullet that you shoot will be one less bullet on the street that could kill/injure a policeman or a child. SHOOT IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He had his CCW, that prolly wouldn't have happened.

Eating establishments that make more than 50% profit on alcoholic beverages are part of pistol-free zones in MI. There are so many laws and regs regarding pistol-free zones that there's no point in getting a CCW in MI.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm going to drink a beer tonight to celebrate the fact that there is one less rapper in the world.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Wait a minute, a rapper was shot dead.  How could this happen?
I guess there is a first time for everything...
He is already more famous dead, than alive.  Too bad Eminem didnt have his back, YO!

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I look forward to ignoring the decade of "undiscovered tracks" they'll "Find" he made prior to his death, a'la Tupac Shakur.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#19]
a good start, but WHY IN THE HELL didnt they wait until he was with his bro eminem and get them both????? Someone needs to learn trigger discipline!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#20]
who? never heard of him
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The update to this story is: Scumbag had a CCW, shot an Army GW1 vet in the head and was then shot by somebody else.

UPDATE:

www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060412.wproof12/BNStory/Entertainment/home

Police say dead rapper Proof fired first shot

Associated Press

Detroit — Rapper Proof fired the first bullet in a Detroit nightclub shootout that ended his life, police said Wednesday.

The bullet hit Keith Bender, 35, in the head, critically injuring him early Tuesday at the C.C.C., a bar in a strip of businesses along Eight Mile, the road made famous in Eminem's movie of the same name.

Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was taken to a nearby outpatient treatment center by a private car, where he was pronounced dead.

Detectives are currently trying to figure out who shot Proof, said Detroit police spokesman Sgt. Omar Feliciano. He said his office was told by homicide detectives that Proof fired the first shot at Bender.

Feliciano said no further information has been released.

Proof, 32, was a member of the rap group D12 and was the best man in Eminem's January wedding. Eminem was seldom seen in public without Proof.

Police said officers responding to 911 calls about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday found the bar empty when they arrived.

Bender also was taken to a hospital by a private car.

Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said Tuesday that detectives don't know what Proof was doing at the bar, which was operating outside of its licensed hours. Investigators face a unique challenge because no victims were present at the crime scene, Bully-Cummings said.

Police have said that an argument between two parties at the club escalated into gunfire.

www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?Avis=C4&Dato=20060412&Kategori=NEWS11&Lopenr=60412004&Ref=AR&template=printart

Rapper shot other man before being gunned down, police say

By AMBER HUNT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

April 12, 2006

Detroit rapper Proof was shot and killed after he pistol whipped and shot a 35-year-old Detroit man in a club operating illegally after hours, Detroit police said Wednesday.

Keith Bender Jr. remained in critical condition Wednesday.

Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was shot up to four times in the head and chest by another man at the club, police said. His autopsy was being conducted by Wayne County medical examiners Wednesday.

Detroit Sgt. Omar Feliciano said both victims were shot inside the C.C.C. club, a licensed bar that was illegally selling alcohol at 4:30 a.m. — more than two hours after it’s required to shut down by state law.

A dozen shell casings were also found outside the club, but police didn’t yet know if they were related to the shooting incident.

Proof has a history of run-ins with police — including an arrest in 2004 for assault by Dearborn police. He was acquitted in 2003 on a Detroit charge of carrying a concealed weapon.

people.monstersandcritics.com/article_1154828.php/Witness_says_rapper_fired_first_shots

DETROIT, MI, United States (UPI) -- Detroit rap icon Proof may have started the string of shootings at a Motor City nightclub that left him dead and another man in critical condition.

The D-12 rapper and close friend of Eminem was killed in the early Tuesday at the C3 club along 8 Mile Road. Former U.S. Army Sgt. Keith Bender Jr. was on life support and in critical condition.

Although police have not released details of the shootings, a witness told WDIV-TV, Detroit, Proof -- whose real name is DeShaun Holton -- reportedly shot Bender and was then gunned down by a third party.

Police confirmed they were seeking at least one other person for questioning as well as the weapon used to kill Proof.

Proof inspired the character played by Mekhi Phifer in Eminem`s feature film '8 Mile.' He also had a minor role in the film as rapper Lil` Tic.

WDIV-TV said Bender had been recently discharged from the Army because of a heart condition.

and, finally, the grand jem of journalism (although, if true, the most revealing):

www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5555

An altercation inside a Detroit nightclub led to the death of D-12 rapper Proof after an argument allegedly turned into a gunfight, leaving a bouncer wounded, according to sources.

A source that requested anonymity told AllHipHop.com that Proof was in the club after-hours when a heated verbal argument between Proof and a bouncer allegedly broke out and escalated.

Proof was shot and killed around 4:30 am on April 11 and the bouncer was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

"Proof knocked dude down and stood over him with gun in hand," a source close to Proof told AllHipHop.com. "Proof shot first. The bouncer on the ground didn't shoot Proof another bouncer did. Proof was shot 4 times. Twice in the head and twice in the chest/stomach area."

Police have identified the second man as 35-year-old Keith Bender.

Bender is alive, but is still in critical condition.

"Dude [Bender] is on life support and not expected to live at all," the source continued.

Investigators are still trying to piece together details of the shooting but have stated they believe two guns were used in the shooting.

According to sources, Proof was licensed to carry his weapon.

Officers have frequently been called to the club, taking 18 incident reports since 1996.

The club was raided in December of 2005 for selling alcohol to minors and Proof's murder was the third time a shooting had occurred at or near the club.

"All this s**t is senseless and real f**ed up. Proof was a longtime friend who wouldn't stay the f**k out the hood. To many jealous people in the hood mad cause you made it.

"8 Mile [road] near Hayes on Detroit's Eastside at 4 am in the morning? That Triple C spot always has drama up there. Why was he there?" the source continued.

The police questioned one witness in the case and seek to speak to others to find suspects.

The club did not have a video surveillance system police, officers revealed.

Proof served as Eminem's best man in the rapper's short-lived wedding to Kim Mathers.

The rapper, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, leaves behind five children.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Great!  One down and lots more to go

+100
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#23]
*sniff*
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

By AMBER HUNT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

April 12, 2006

A dozen shell casings were also found outside the club, but police didn’t yet know if they were related to the shooting incident.

The D-12 rapper and close friend of Eminem was killed in the early Tuesday at the C3 club along 8 Mile Road. Former U.S. Army Sgt. Keith Bender Jr. was on life support and in critical condition.

Although police have not released details of the shootings, a witness told WDIV-TV, Detroit, Proof -- whose real name is DeShaun Holton -- reportedly shot Bender and was then gunned down by a third party.

Ha, you know you're in a bad neighborhood when cops find a dozen shell casings outside of a bar where there was just a shooting and don't know if they're related or not.

Also, it now sounds like a completely justified shooting of "proof".   Hope the Army guy gets better.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Police said officers responding to 911 calls about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday found the bar empty when they arrived.  No kidding.  First time THAT's ever happened.

Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was shot up to four times in the head and chest by another man at the club, police said. Scumbag Vs scumbag is always my favorite.

A dozen shell casings were also found outside the club, but police didn’t yet know if they were related to the shooting incident.  Busy place

A witness told WDIV-TV, Detroit, Proof  reportedly shot Bender and was then gunned down by a third party.    the witness  only wanted  100$ for the story too.

Police confirmed they were seeking at least one other person for questioning as well as the weapon used to kill Proof. Good luck on that. Where is the nearest river?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So now it's D11

Actually, it'd be D10. There are (were) six members of the group, and each one had a self given alter-ego (i.e. Marshall Mathers = Slim Shady). 6 x 2 = 12.

Not that any of you care about that, though. I find it saddening that you delight in the death of others.

I agree with you.  I think you guys are fucked up.  You wouldn't be saying this if it was a country singer, right?  I don't listen to this group and never did but respect the dead.  You don't know the whole story about what happened.  I vote to get this locked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I was curious about something and checked it out....

He is still dead.

Okay, carry on you heartless bastards.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So now it's D11

Actually, it'd be D10. There are (were) six members of the group, and each one had a self given alter-ego (i.e. Marshall Mathers = Slim Shady). 6 x 2 = 12.

Not that any of you care about that, though. I find it saddening that you delight in the death of others.

I agree with you.  I think you guys are fucked up.  You wouldn't be saying this if it was a country singer, right?  I don't listen to this group and never did but respect the dead.  You don't know the whole story about what happened.  I vote to get this locked.

That's the first thing they did wrong. It should have been D87
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I agree with you.  I think you guys are fucked up.  You wouldn't be saying this if it was a country singer, right?  I don't listen to this group and never did but respect the dead.  You don't know the whole story about what happened.  

I don't delight in it. Rather:

1) I am not surprised.

Rapper Proof fired the first bullet in a Detroit nightclub shootout that ended his life, police said Wednesday.

Detroit rapper Proof was shot and killed after he pistol whipped and shot a 35-year-old Detroit man in a club operating illegally after hours, Detroit police said Wednesday.

"Proof knocked dude down and stood over him with gun in hand," a source close to Proof told AllHipHop.com. "Proof shot first. The bouncer on the ground didn't shoot Proof another bouncer did. Proof was shot 4 times. Twice in the head and twice in the chest/stomach area."

and
2) It sounds like he got what was coming to him. Being a rapper has ZERO to do with it. Being a scumbag that would shoot a man in the head who is down has 100% to do with it.

Quoted:
[I vote to get this locked.

Too bad AR15 isn't a democracy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
well, now he has " Street Cred' "

Yeeeaaah boooiiyy, and all dis time I though MM be a poseur.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm going to drink a beer tonight to celebrate the fact that there is one less rapper in the world.

- don't forget to pour some out for your dead homie, Rapper 98 Proof.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#32]
There's no such thing as "Bad Press".  His CD sales will soar....for a couple of days.  OOPs, I forgot!  No one buys CD's anymore.  They rip them off (or is it rip off ) the internet for their darling ipods.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]
The bouncer who was the victim in this case just died.

I just wonder what the circumstances were in this case. If I saw someone knock someone else to the ground and stand over them, draw a weapon, and even look like they were going to use it,..........

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 3:27:14 AM EDT
[#34]
The rapper, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, leaves behind five children

What a freakin' shocker.

Probably from 5 different "baby mamas".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top