Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
RIP Rodney!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
He was great!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
That guy bloomed seriously late, like when he was in his 50's.  Gives me hope.  I'll miss him
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
R.I.P Rodney. He was my Dads favorite comedian and mine as well. He will be missed
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That guy bloomed seriously late, like when he was in his 50's.  Gives me hope.  I'll miss him

I agree, he was beginning to catch a following in his mid to late fifties.
I always enjoyed the ones that picked fun of themselves, (or the nameless ones around them)  it seemed the average 'Joe' could relate to his / their schtick.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Damn!
RIP Big Guy....

[Rodney]"I bet you were something, before electricity!"[/Rodney]

We will all miss You!  

Tall Shadow

A co-worker and I say that about twice a week. One of our favorite lines.

Will be greatly missed
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody remember him in the flashback scenes in "Natural Born Killers" ???

The spellbinding performance of a true master.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Man that truly blows. He was one of the best comedians...

"Even in Hell i get no respect!" -Rodney Dangerfield (Little Nicky)

RIP. I miss him already.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
........................"hey, but it looks good on you."

....................."you must have been something before electricity"

RIP
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The FUNNIEST thing I ever heard was when Kinnison was talking about Sally Strothers and starving African kids.

"You see this? Its sand...yes sand, NOTHING GROWS HERE, MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS...UGH AHHH."
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife is attached to a machine that keeps her alive...the refrigerator.

Just once I'd like to go somewhere without someone honking and pointing to one of my tires.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
Thre's a comedy club in Heaven and Sam Kinnison is about to introduce the new arrival<snip>
CJ

With all due respect, Sam Kinnison was a worthless motherfucking - Anti-gun - cocksucking - POS. I am sure he would not be allowed the same stage as R.D.

Thanks for trying to drag this thread down to your level.

Kinnison was funnier than just about any other comic, ever.   I don't let someone's political views get in the way if they're as funny as Kinnison was.    It's not like I had to vote for him or anything.   Make me laugh and that's good enough for now.

Are you even aware that Dangerfield and Kinnison were both in "Back to School" and had a professional relationship, too?   Specifically,  Rodney was Kinnison's "mentor", so to speak, and got Kinnison his major breaks and gigs.

Have a clue of what you're talking about before you say it next time, please.

CJ

Well, 'Sonny', at my ripe old age of 72, I believe I can call you 'Sonny'. I am very aware of the two and their political views.
Perhaps, knowing ones enemy and acknowledging such is part of the battle (make no mistake, we are in a battle) perhaps part of the battle is,  'you' need to decide which side you are upon. I can understand you 'feelings', he was funny to you. Let the antigun shyte get spoken, for it is funny, right? Let it go out the door, what does it 'matter to you'? Right?

Now, please explain 'my level'? I wish to understand how a 'pro-gun person' wishes to stand strong for such an asshole as SK? Did you ever go to at least 'one' of his shows'? I did, I walked out, from his LIEberal crap.

Now, I 'made' no attack upon you, you were the first one to 'get in a huff',  if you 'wish' to make it so, then, so be it, the evening is young.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Sad news.

Time to watch Caddyshack again and remember the good times.

"This is the worst looking hat I ever saw. I bet you buy a hat like this and you get a free bowl of soup! Oh, it looks good on you though."

"I bet you were something before electricity. Hey, you wanna make $14 the hard way?"

"This steak still has marks where the jockey was hitting it."
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Why don't we just drop it out of respect to Rodney Dangerfield and call it a night?

I could do battle with you over this issue for quite some time, but to what point?   None that really matters as you're not going to change my views and I'm probably not going to change yours.  So let's not waste the energy.    Only a fool tries to teach a pig to sing.   It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Sorry about that, Rodney.

CJ

Agreed. You are an honourable gentleman, cmjohnson.

R.D. Break a leg.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#18]
He was a national treasure.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked every movie he was in. He was a funny and classy guy. He will be missed !
RIP Rodney.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#21]
A man who made his fortune on self-deprecation.

The ability to laugh at yourself, of course, being the sign of a truly great man.

RIP
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sad news.

Time to watch Caddyshack again and remember the good times.

"This is the worst looking hat I ever saw. I bet you buy a hat like this and you get a free bowl of soup! Oh, it looks good on you though."

"I bet you were something before electricity. Hey, you wanna make $14 the hard way?"

"This steak still has marks where the jockey was hitting it."

"Hey Moose, Rocco, help the judge find his checkbook" Caddyshack, one of the classics. I used to wish that Rodney was my dad and Chevy Chase was my brother. What a family that would be.

R.I.P.R.D. I know I'll miss ya.

AB
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I think this calls for a Rodney DVD-A-Thon this weekend. Time to get out the Keg Fridge. . .

R.I.P.  Rodney
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#24]
hey Nicky u sure the wedding cake is alright back there?

sure i got it wedged against the toilet
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#25]
RIP Rodney.  You will be greatly missed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn, that sucks. Rodney will still be the best comedian ever in my book.

Rest in Peace Rodney...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Just thought I'd bump this so it's on the first page with my dupe.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Punk: "You wanna get physical, old man?"
RD:  "No, no.  I don't get physical -- I get upset.  And when I get upset, HE gets physical."  (points to bodyguard who crushes a napkin dispenser in his hand)

One of my favorite bits from Back to School.

We loved you Rodney!  Say hi to Sam for us, and tell him we miss him too!

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#29]
He always has my respect! Good Man!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#30]
RIP my friend

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
R.D.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#31]
so sad...my first movie in theatres with my parents (that i remember) was Rover Dangerfield....

RIP
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Yep. Very funny comedian.

One of the best...

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top