Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd really like to see them do a thorough house cleaning and come out of this mess with new leadership, better and stronger, but I've got my doubts.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
OST!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They keep calling for money.
I keep telling them no.
They keep calling....
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy balls. This is rare, but I have no words.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Not one more dime Wayne.  I hope you are reading this too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
in, so.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Petrina, May You Live Forever
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ll just be eating popcorn in the corner.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#9]
In!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd really like to see them do a thorough house cleaning and come out of this mess with new leadership, better and stronger, but I've got my doubts.  
View Quote
I'd like to see a forensic audit of the books.  Might take a long long time.  But OMG.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#11]
in on page 1. ...err...I mean page 2

Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Hold on, let me get my slightly larger glasses...
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Oooh, yeah.

Here for the dancing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, this isn't all that surprising given what we've seen so far. The only question is whether or not it will be enough to finally oust him. In for the further information alluded to.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I remember when WLP borrowed NRA money to fund his Blue Sky Imports.  He should have been canned for that.   Too bad Neal Knox lost.   Knox was scrupulous with every penny.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd like to see a forensic audit of the books.  Might take a long long time.  But OMG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The members need to demand it and anyone who opposes it be removed from office.  It's way past time for a full audit with disclosure and charges where appropriate.  It's obvious the members have been lied to and defrauded as their donations were squandered.  I'd be happy to rejoin if they can get their ducks in a row but not until then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#19]
LOL
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’ll just be eating popcorn in the corner.
View Quote
Gonna need a shit ton

Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#21]
It is probably just for laundering.

His wardrobe, you know, laundry. Right?

ETA - Form 990 means it filed taxes as a non-profit. Weirder.

n/m that comment was in an email that seems to be about an unrelated entity

carry on
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If they didn't want the world to know, they'd have exerted a degree of effort in being more covert.

I don't have to resort to internal communiques or leaked documents when the strange and unexplainable is registered in the public domain.

I am, however, rather curious is NRA Foundation or the National Rifle Association itself ever paid either of these companies, and if so what were goods or services were they paying them for.
View Quote
In bold: exactly!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Well atleast when the NRA sends a hit squad to your house they will be carrying 870’s and wearing orange vests. So you have a chance. Good luck
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#25]
IN to see where this goatrope leads.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow, who would have ever thought this would have happened.  These people are stupid.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#27]
In on whatever page thus shows up on.
Some clocks need cleanin'.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#28]
If you share this, consider using the following hashtag: #NoWLPinNRA
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#29]
In.
Mighty fine detective work Undefined.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#30]
What a dirt bag.  Not one penny.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#31]
In and tag
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Feels a lot like we've been sabotaged from the inside, top-down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you ever wonder if all this talk about gun control or a mass shooting might be more than just a random event? Or was WLP paying off the democrats?

Gonna be some interesting times for WLP and the NRA.
View Quote
Could pay them to scream about wanting a ban to drive membership sign ups. I couldn't see him paying them to vote against the party line.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#35]
FWLP not withstanding, how do you know it was a shell company?

Also, is there some accusation here? You're framing all this as some large conspiracy, but I don't know what it would be. Looks like maybe they'd planned to start a business that never really went anywhere. But unless there's some comment on nefarious activities, I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to get all worked up about.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is probably just for laundering.

His wardrobe, you know, laundry. Right?

ETA - Form 990 means it filed taxes as a non-profit. Weirder.
View Quote
Not really. Why have a shell company if you have to pay taxes on its income?  Much more profitable to set it up as a non-profit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I was promised the NRA was going to defend my gun rights...

Wheres SWIRE to tell us what we need to think about all this and how its all a vast left wing conspiracy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m sure that’s happening with all the investigations.   Fucking bastards.

Thanks Undefined for the work, looking forward to seeing the rest, although I wish it wasn’t necessary.  These bastards have been sucking blood from the start.

In on 2?
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wheres SWIRE to tell us what we need to think about all this and how its all a vast left wing conspiracy.
View Quote
I get it, but don't blame SWIRE on this one.  Time for Wayne to say sorry and go!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh they will, Wayne just needs a new wardrobe before he starts fighting for us.

Is there a die hard meme where Wayne tells Takagi that he has two John Phillips suits?  There should be
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Elk hunters & roo’s to the white courtesy phone...

Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Also, is there some accusation here? You're framing all this as some large conspiracy, but I don't know what it would be. Looks like maybe they'd planned to start a business that never really went anywhere. But unless there's some comment on nefarious activities, I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to get all worked up about.
View Quote
@The_Steward

There is no evidence of it ever having an office, an advertisement, a web presence, an email address, a product or service offering, press releases... this pretty much fits the definition of shell company "an inactive company used as a vehicle for various financial maneuvers or kept dormant for future use in some other capacity."

It's not uncommon to start a business entity and then shutter it because the venture did not become viable. It is rather odd for it to take 27 (Wayne LaPierre) or 8 (Susan LaPierre) years to shutter a defunct business.

The relationship between the attorney associated with democratic polling and strategist Alan Secrest is clear and is signed by Wayne and Susan's own hands (you can download all of the original document scans from here).

The relationship with Karen F. Thomas is also clear - Wayne LaPierre signed only a few centimeters from here name.

The real question here, and one that neither of us can answer, is what were these shell companies used for and to what end?
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I remember when WLP borrowed NRA money to fund his Blue Sky Imports.  He should have been canned for that.   Too bad Neal Knox lost.   Knox was scrupulous with every penny.
View Quote
Is there a list of the BOD members who helped Wayne overthrow Knox?  Because those assholes need to be rooted out completely from the business and any sweetheart deals they have exposed and ended.

Yes I know that was a long time ago but Wayne is still with us so chances are they are too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#44]
WLP is a fucking scumbag.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Oh they will, Wayne just needs a new wardrobe before he starts fighting for us.

Is there a die hard meme where Wayne tells Takagi that he has two John Phillips suits?  There should be
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Good thing Pete Brownell resigned.  This thread might be locked already!

ETA:  or vaporized!
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Add the NRA to this cartoon - WTF

Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@The_Steward

There is no evidence of it ever having an office, an advertisement, a web presence, an email address, a product or service offering, press releases... this pretty much fits the definition of shell company "an inactive company used as a vehicle for various financial maneuvers or kept dormant for future use in some other capacity."

It's not uncommon to start a business entity and then shutter it because the venture did not become viable. It is rather odd for it to take 27 (Wayne LaPierre) or 8 (Susan LaPierre) years to shutter a defunct business.

The relationship between the attorney associated with democratic polling and strategist Alan Secrest is clear and is signed by Wayne and Susan's own hands (you can download all of the original document scans from here).

The relationship with Karen F. Thomas is also clear - Wayne LaPierre signed only a few centimeters from here name.

The real question here, and one that neither of us can answer, is what were these shell companies used for and to what end?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@The_Steward

No offense, but that's not proof it was a shell company. That's just proof we don't know what they did or if they did anything. If it's a small private company that didn't have much activity, there not be much in public data. Shell companies are more than just an absence of information, they house business activities or assets. An inactive one person shop is not a shell.

Further, they hired an accountant to do accounting. And they hired a lawyer to do legal work. Those agents were based in DC (which is not weird for a business set up in Virginia) and also occasionally worked for Democrats. That's not exactly suspicious activity.

You are correct that we don't know what these companies were for or what they did. That doesn't make them shell companies, nor does it make them suspicious.

Maybe they were shell companies. Maybe they were laundering money and greasing palms. But there's nothing here to suggest any of that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#50]
FWLP
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top