User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
bye.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
How long until sKerry whores out his dead "friend" for the sake of a few more votes?

That said, rest in peace Mr. Reeve.  You've earned it.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Look what I found

maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

yeah I found that too when i was googling
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope the worms eat good!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
just hit fox  

its true
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Fox News just confirmed it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
You think we are harsh? Imagine God dropping the hammer on a guy who played a role that essentially replaced GOD in American life. Sees through walls, immortal, works against the bad guy, watches out for you, saves the day... Vanity of Vanities, all is vanity. What do you think about that mr. pretty boy? Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it was a big deal becuase of who he was, how many other people have something like that happen to them and you never hear about it.  But people always wanted to make a big deal over it becuase it was Chirs Reeve
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, he has been dead for three months. The Kerry campaign had him frozen so they could bring it up at an opportune time to nail Bush on the stem cell thing.

Little do they know that Osama is on ice in the employee fridge at Langley.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Actually, he has been dead for three months. The Kerry campaign had him frozen so they could bring it up at an opportune time to nail Bush on the stem cell thing.

Little do they know that Osama is on ice in the employee fridge at Langley.

Here it is - the October Surprise
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
RIP Superman...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait until you see how the Dems use his death to put a stick in George Bush's eye (on the stem cell research issue). By the end of the week, people will be believing it was a suicide because four more years of Bush left him with no hope. Wait and see.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well it was a big deal becuase of who he was, how many other people have something like that happen to them and you never hear about it.  But people always wanted to make a big deal over it becuase it was Chirs Reeve

Of course.  Just like when someone, anyone, dies the family always say he was such a nice guy, or she was a wonderful person.  Just once I want to hear some family say "Yeah he's dead, but he was useless around the house, and never did shit for anybody".

These celebrities always get the royal treatment.  OMG, Michal J. Fox has Parkinson's!  We better get on it and find a cure, I mean he's important to the world.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Confirmed by Miami Herold news paper and WHTN chicago. Oh well. Who's next.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course.  Just like when someone, anyone, dies the family always say he was such a nice guy, or she was a wonderful person.  Just once I want to hear some family say "Yeah he's dead, but he was useless around the house, and never did shit for anybody".

These celebrities always get the royal treatment.  OMG, Michal J. Fox has Parkinson's!  We better get on it and find a cure, I mean he's important to the world.

I have it written in my will that if anyone says I look good after I'm dead, They are to be told No I DONT HES FUCKING DEAD

I'm not kidding, I've already hired someone because I cant trust my family to do it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Goodbye Superman.  RIP.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Its a shame he had to live the way he did. I wish that not even upon my enemies.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Look what I found

Wow I was going to rant about what a douche bag old chris was but that sums it up pretty well.   Thanks saved me a bunch of typing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#21]
From Fox News:
"Publicist for 52-year-old 'Superman' star says Reeve died suddenly after falling in coma when he suffered cardiac arrest in his New York home; he was known for his outspoken support of stem cell research"

he was known for his outspoken support of stem cell research

Here we gooooooo
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have it written in my will that if anyone says I look good after I'm dead, They are to be told No I DONT HES FUCKING DEAD

Dave Barry's Sure-Fire Funeral Conversation Starter: "What's that smell?"
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Didnt the first actor who played Superman, George somethingorother, commit suicide?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well he is in a better place now and not stuck to that respirator and fucking wheelchair.  

+1
That sucks.  I need to go rent Superman tonight.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Didnt the first actor who played Superman, George somethingorother, commit suicide?

Yep, he was tired of everyone calling him superman.

It's all over the 11pm news on the West(left) Coast.

StormSurge: Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Dave Barry's Sure-Fire Funeral Conversation Starter: "What's that smell?"

I'm sorry but that's
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Expect their other celebrity voice, Michael J. C Fox to really pitch a fit about this stem cell research.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#28]
That sucks, he was just mention at the last debate.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Expect their other celebrity voice, Michael J. C Fox to really pitch a fit about this stem cell research.

Isn't that like trying to tell when an epileptic girl is having an orgasm?  Who'd be able to tell?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
People that are injured in such a fashion usually dont live too long.  They have a lot of medical complications that can be very fatal.  I wouldnt doubt an infection or blood clot.  

On a side note, its interesting that if he was poor he would never have had the ability to buy a horse. And would have been alive today.  Same thing with Payne Stewart. If sucked at golf he would have been an average guy and no crash in a Lear jet.  So, money is evil, everyone send me all your money!

So we are to assume you are asking money because you don't want to live? Is this your cry for help?

Fellow ARFCOMmers... please don't give in to ARDOC's request. Keep your money.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that like trying to tell when an epileptic girl is having an orgasm?  Who'd be able to tell?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, I guess that lieberal realy wasnt Superman, eh???

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad I stopped riding Hunter-Jumpers,or I'd ended up like Chris Reeve.BTW is'nt that footage of his meteor crashing to earth footage from an F-104 flying low and supersonic?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any news on SarahJames Brady?

Fixed it for ya.  I am willing to chip in a carton of Lucky Strikes for her.

That is highly inappropriate hilarious.

RIP Reeves... even if you are a Dem...

- BG
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Its a plot by the democraps to gain support for stem cell research. I cant beleive it!!!! They killed him!!!!
BASTERDS!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Up..........Up.........and ......Away......  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Since we have such a light mood in this thread, insert joke here I remembered after I was gone from this thread..

Girl & guy laying in bed after doing it...

Girl: "If we have a kid, what will we name him"

Guy: Ties rubber and tosses it across room..... "Superman if he can get out of there"....

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Any news on James Brady?

Rumors of my death have been exagerated… I'm still fine

Bummer about Christopher Reeve going… That was one of my old Shipping Companies, BP Tankers, ships they used in the Superman film…

SS British Reliance about to be sorted out by Superman!

Superman dives to attack!

And tears open the hull to let all the oil out… On a technical note, the Film Company dropped a clanger! The tanker is riding high as she is in ballast… ie empty!

ANdy (aka 'Jim')
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Look what I found

He really does identify some valid points.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Any minute now Kerry will start ranting about if Bush had approved stem cell research three years ago, Reeve would be up and walking around.
Oh well....
RIP
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, they saying what cause?

KRYPTONITE?

you sir, owe me for one monitor cleaning. thanks a lot. oh yea my side hurts too!

hope you're happy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Any minute now Kerry will start ranting about if Bush had approved stem cell research three years ago, Reeve would be up and walking around.
Oh well....
RIP

Yep, it is George W. Bush's fault that Chris Reeve is dead.  If only that cold-hearted bastard had given a damn...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Take a twenty dollar bill, stick between your chin and chest and what are you?
Chris Reeve in a titty bar.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#45]
 As the father of a Son who has been a quadaplegic for almost 3 yrs now, this is not going to be easy for my Son to take.   Christopher Reeve has been a good role model for people in his situation just because he is a celebrity.   Showing them there is still reason to live and keep trying and to keep hope alive.  
  For him to die in this manner will just remind my Son again  just how vulnerable he is for infections from pressure sores ( which we have been dealing with for over 2 years now) or even something as simple as a common cold can turn into a life threatening situation for him.    
  No matter what his politics were, he was doing good things through his foundation.  Not just for himself but for others as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, he was tired of everyone calling him superman.

Sorry, I was wrong, here is the story from IMDB

George Reeves
Here's the blurb on the George Reeves:
Birth name
George Keefer Brewer
Height
6' 1" (1.85 m)
Mini biography

Raised in Pasadena California, educated at Pasadena Junior College. Skilled amateur boxer and musician. Intern at Pasadena Community Playhouse. Discovered there and cast as Stuart Tarleton in Gone With the Wind. Contracted to Warners, Fox, and Paramount Studios over next 10 years. Achieved near-stardom with male lead in So Proudly We Hail!, but war service interrupted career which never regained same level. In Army Air Corps, appeared on Broadway in Winged Victory, then made training films. Career difficulties after war led to move to New York for live television. Cast as television's first Superman and became world-famous. Some film roles remained, but was mostly typecast as Superman and other acting jobs dried up. Considering an attempt at exhibition wrestling when he committed suicide by shooting himself. Much controversy over his death, due to circumstances and his longtime affair with Toni Mannix, wife of MGM exec Eddie Mannix, but no credible evidence has arisen to refute the basic fact of his suicide. Theories abound, however.

Spouse
Ellanora Needles (22 September 1940 - 1950) (divorced)

On June 16, 1959, he was found shot to death at his home in Hollywood, CA. To this day, there is still controversy over whether he killed himself or was murdered.

Born George Keefer Brewer, but was adopted by step-father and took name George Bessolo, by which he was known until taking the stage name George Reeves in 1939.

Was Superman on the 1950s TV show.

Interred at Mountain View Cemetery, Altadena, California, USA in the Pasadena Mausoleum, Sunrise Corridor.

He was a devout supporter of "The City Of Hope" Cancer research hospital and the L.A., Cal. division of United Cerebral Palsy. He also appeared on "The City Of Hope" and UCP Telethons on local L.A., Cal. TV and at "The City Of Hope" parades as "Superman" in Duarte, California.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:09:33 AM EDT
[#47]
I saw him interviewed on Larry King along with Pat Robertson. They were introduced and Robertson said it was a pleasure to meet him, that he admired his movies, etc., the usual pleasantries and civilities. Reeve said that it was no pleasure to meet Robertson and proceeded to verbally savage him with a level of vituperation rarely given vent on national TV. Say what you may about Robertson, this was uncalled for. At that point I began to realize the "Man of Steel" was a real hatefilled liberal prick and started to pay attention to other things he said in subsequent interviews and appearances.
Good people die every day. He wasn't one of them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:16:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Got some heartless bastards on here, LOL

I'm conflicted myself.  He was fucked up pretty bad, but I hate horses and you have to know riding them that way that they do stupid shit that could kill you.   As far as being paralyzed, I would rather be dead myself.  That is not a life, being a quad.

He was a liberal as well, so I'm not skipping a beat in my step over this news.

Was he really that liberal I mean he wanted stem cell research, but I would probably sell my soul to the devil just to walk again if I was in his place. Can't blame the man for that, besides he was always civil about his acivism as far as I heard. Oh well he was my hero as a child of the 80's and now he's gone.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I saw him interviewed on Larry King along with Pat Robertson. They were introduced and Robertson said it was a pleasure to meet him, that he admired his movies, etc., the usual pleasantries and civilities. Reeve said that it was no pleasure to meet Robertson and proceeded to verbally savage him with a level of vituperation rarely given vent on national TV. Say what you may about Robertson, this was uncalled for. At that point I began to realize the "Man of Steel" was a real hatefilled liberal prick and started to pay attention to other things he said in subsequent interviews and appearances.
Good people die every day. He wasn't one of them.

Wow. Never heard of that (no surprise).

Well, he's wherever he deserves to be, now. Of course, the Left is already lining up to make him the patron saint of the sKerry campaign, and to blame bush for his death. Just wait...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Well, here it goes. The poor guy is not even cold yet and Katie Couric is already playing the political stem cell card!

For the last fucking time, Bush did not outlaw stem cell research! He simply said that the taxpayers are NOT going to pay for it. Let private drug companies, who are going to profit from it, pay for the testing. Do you think that Katie will read this? She is on ARFCOM, right?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top