Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that true?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just let everybody in except if your carrying over 3 oz of fluid in your luggage. If he flew in he's already contaminated all the passengers, all the people they have since come in contact with etc. Could be the start if he infected anyone else he came in contact with.

Is that true?

No, but that never stopped a hand wringer before.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are a toddler or an 80 year old woman you get your diaper searched;  if you are an illegal or are flying in from an ebola hotzone--well, come on in!!!  WTF has happened to this country?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just let everybody in except if your carrying over 3 oz of fluid in your luggage. If he flew in he's already contaminated all the passengers, all the people they have since come in contact with etc. Could be the start if he infected anyone else he came in contact with.

Is that true?

Bodily fluids, I believe, is how it is spread.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wow!

Exactly how many people in Texas have the Ebola if you add up all of the threads?
View Quote
Still 1.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha.  Let's see how well that independent power grid works while you're
all bleeding out of your eyes, ears & anuses ( ani ? ).   Good luck Texas....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Unless the other passengers were taking turns licking his open wounds, very unlikely.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Everybody on the flight he was on is now suspect as well as everyone he has encountered since he landed, and everyone that they encountered since. See how fast this could spread even in a civilized country?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Yes. Until it becomes transmissible by air, it is not a epidemic/pandemic risk. If that happens then it would be bad, although not as bad as some of the other possibilities due to how fast it tends to burn itself out in a population.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well that's just fucking great.

We need to cease all incoming air traffic from Africa and any other country that allows flights from Africa.
View Quote

but, it's not airborne, it's not contracted without contact, it's not from being on the same airplane.........so they tell us. yet every doctor who's handled a  patient transferred from Africa with it looked like a space man. Nothing to be concerned with, nothing to see, just a bunch of herp and derp..............I suspect every passenger on that flight ends up being quarantined.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

And those people exposed their family and friends, and so on, and so on, and so on...............
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Just texted my sister about it. I believe she is licensed in that hospital. Will see what she says.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Everybody on the flight he was on is now suspect as well as everyone he has encountered since he landed, and everyone that they encountered since. See how fast this could spread even in a civilized country?
View Quote
Well, even in West Africa the average number of infections per patient is 2.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
But hey! Let's just let EVERYONE in!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/lab-bio/res/psds-ftss/ebola-eng.php

In laboratory settings, non-human primates exposed to aerosolized ebolavirus from pigs have become infected,

Ah...  Ah.... AH-CHOOOO!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Yes sir, this man has no dick.
[/ghostbusters]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#18]
How big of a deal is this really?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

lol no
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

WRONG...WRONG

We are told that transmission to other people is VERY hard.  Of course I do not believe that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Surprised it took this long.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Well dont spread it here, you filthy buggers
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much does the average West African travel?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

but, it's not airborne, it's not contracted without contact, it's not from being on the same airplane.........so they tell us. yet every doctor who's handled a  patient transferred from Africa with it looked like a space man. Nothing to be concerned with, nothing to see, just a bunch of herp and derp..............I suspect every passenger on that flight ends up being quarantined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well that's just fucking great.

We need to cease all incoming air traffic from Africa and any other country that allows flights from Africa.

That was EXACTLY the CDC's line of bullshit when this Ebola outbreak started.  

Didn't want to create a panic I guess.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also, lol no
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't drink poop water, eat your dead, and practice basic hygiene.  There, you will be Ebola free.
View Quote

Where have I read this before?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

In laboratory settings, non-human primates exposed to aerosolized ebolavirus from pigs have become infected,

Ah...  Ah.... AH-CHOOOO!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that true?

Ah...  Ah.... AH-CHOOOO!

Possible but rare, and it would still have to make it into a open orifice.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The question is how many people they come in contact with.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nice work Texas....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CDC: First diagnosed case of Ebola in the U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/CDC-Confirms-First-Ebola-Case-Diagnosed-in-US-277651211.html

DALLAS (AP) -- Federal health officials have confirmed that a patient being treated at a Dallas hospital has tested positive for Ebola.

The case announced Tuesday by the Centers for Disease Control is the first Ebola case diagnosed in the United States.

Officials at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital say the unidentified patient is being kept in isolation. Presbyterian Hospital officials say they're following CDC recommendations to keep doctors, staff and patients safe

awesome

Nice work Texas....

Probably a border jumper
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Probably because it has a shit load of vowels, all in a row, separated by one coincident, and no one knows how to pronounce it, or he is currently on a no fly list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder why they're keeping his identity a secret.

Probably because it has a shit load of vowels, all in a row, separated by one coincident, and no one knows how to pronounce it, or he is currently on a no fly list.

I bet he can spell consonant though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Just heard back, she said they tested four people there last night. She hadn't heard one came back positive.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't drink poop water, eat your dead, and practice basic hygiene.  There, you will be Ebola free.

Where is the fun in life if I can't drink poop water?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just heard back, she said they tested four people there last night. She hadn't heard one came back positive.
View Quote
Tested the admitting staff or something?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Also, lol no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, lol no

Willing to bet your life on it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Lovely. In on 1
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Media Announcements and Events - A CDC Media Advisory will be held at 5:30pm EST, September 30th

DIAL IN:
Media: 888-795-0855
Non-Media: 877-601-4718
INTERNATIONAL: 630-395-0360
PASSCODE: CDC Media
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm Ebola free; I'll send you some.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

lol no

would you be willing to bet your life on that? would you fly back to Africa with him, ungowned, unmasked, ungloved, in plane knowing how often the air is exchanged?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Only if they were having a wild fucking orgy on the plane and bodily fluids were being sprayed everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]
We're due for a good pandemic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She didn't say, but it's likely that, or the family, is the case.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And those people exposed their family and friends, and so on, and so on, and so on...............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite. Youre not instantly contagious. There is an incubation period of up to a week or two where you are asymptomatic and not contagious.

You could get a blood transfusion from an infected person and go straight home and still not infect your family for days.

Ebola is no joke. But the idea that this will now spread at exponential rates in the us is nonsense. It doesn't even do that in Africa.

This is bad news for sure but it ain't to time................yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#43]
We are one fucked up country.  We can't even stop assholes from coming into our country from places that are in the midst of an outbreak of a dangerous virus.  What The Fuck doesn't even begin to cover how I feel.  I know that Malaria kills more people over in Africa, but I don't want it or Ebola over here.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We're due for a good pandemic.
View Quote

Thank God we can trust our current administration not to let it get out of hand.........
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

would you be willing to bet your life on that? would you fly back to Africa with him, ungowned, unmasked, ungloved, in plane knowing how often the air is exchanged?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that true?

lol no

This is the epidemiological equivalent of "Would YOU want to be shot by one?" and just as stupid.  OF COURSE no one wants to go rub up on an ebola patient, but that has absolutely zero to do with the how contagious the disease is.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is this an I just got off the plane from Sierra leone and I am bleeding out or joe nobody father of three, contracted here in the states after a normal workday?
View Quote

Patient flew in from Liberia last week, went to the hospital over the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Per press conference, patient became symptomatic on 9/24 and was admitted on 9/28.... So there was a 4 day window where he was in the community potentially exposing others?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#48]
A member on the board I moderate has family that works at Presbyterian Hospital.  They report that the Ebola patient was already bleeding when they were admitted to the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I guess I'll have to cross Liberia off my bucket list, I was dying to go there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Not according to CDC.  They say that the only way it's transmitted is through body fluids, not airborne.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top