Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Homes and lives are being destroyed.  There is nothing "wimpy" about dreading 120mph winds and the destruction they bring, if you have your whole life invested in your home, and this is the 5th to come through in a month and a half period, BTW (Bonnie, Charlie, Francis, Ivan, Jeanne).  Cut these folks a break.  My heart is heavy right now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Homes and lives are being destroyed.  There is nothing "wimpy" about dreading 120mph winds and the destruction they bring, if you have your whole life invested in your home, and this is the 5th to come through in a month and a half period, BTW (Bonnie, Charlie, Francis, Ivan, Jeanne).  Cut these folks a break.  My heart is heavy right now.

Thanks, bro...we're doing what we can...

C'MON, JEANNE...YOU FUCKING BITCH...BRING...IT!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/09/25/hurricane.jeanne/index.html

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Hurricane Jeanne picked up strength Saturday and speed as it tore through the Bahamas on a path toward the Florida coast.

At 1 p.m. ET, Jeanne had maximum sustained winds of 115 mph (185 kph), making it a dangerous Category 3 storm, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Forecasters predicted it would make landfall in Florida on Saturday night or early Sunday between West Palm Beach and Melbourne.

You FL folks can relax a bit, it's only a CAT3. Stay dry!

They are now saying it will be a CAT 4 when it hits.  Just heard on Fox.

any cat storm sucks!!,,  ya'd be surprised what even 80mph winds can do!!!!

suck it up, wimps. jeez, what a bunch of cry babies.

Brave talk from North Carolina.

No shit.

Iraq

Tell you what.  You don't call me a wimp for bitching about 135 mph winds and I won't call you a homo for worrying about IEDs.

sorry.. a little grumpy, and a lot homesick. gotta go for today

nAh ya know what grumpy is,, walking outside after the storm seeing  BOTH your new cars destroyed,, your roof leaking,, so bad that you have to move in less that 24hrs,and you HAVE nowhere to GO,all the while being called out for WORK,,even on a 3day weekend for other folks problems,,like,,, ""ohh i have a water stain  the size of a grapefruit on my wall""" and they want it fix'd NOW. and they dont understand why YOU are in a bad mood,,when they drive off in their NON wrecked car!
going with out power or anything for over a week in 90f degree weather,,and working in it,going on 4 hours of sleep in for 3 days, eating once a day ,,trying to cope with the fact you lost  more than you can afford to replace! Thats when you get grumpy,,thats when you wake up! thats when you stop being a pussy and pucker up!  

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nah ya know what grumpy is,, walking outside after the storm seeing  BOTH your new cars destroyed,, your roof leaking,, so bad that you have to move in less that 24hrs,and you HAVE nowhere to GO,all the while being called out for WORK,,even on a 3day weekend for other folks problems,,like,,, ""ohh i have a water stain  the size of a grapefruit on my wall""" and they want it fix'd NOW. and they dont understand why YOU are in a bad mood,,when they drive off in their NON wrecked car!
going with out power or anything for over a week in 90f degree weather,,and working in it,going on 4 hours of sleep in for 3 days, eating once a day ,,trying to cope with the fact you lost  more than you can afford to replace! Thats when you get grumpy,,thats when you wake up! thats when you stop being a pussy and pucker up!  

WERD...nothing left to do now but nut up and taunt the bitch...c'mon, Jeanne...BRING IT!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
We are still recovering from Ivan here.  Man this year has been a bummer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
one more reason I'm a cold weather person.

Hope everyone stays safe.

you don't have to be a cold weather person, im in CA and its another great day out. We may get taxed up the ass but where else can you live if you like the beach and sun?

What about fire season?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Or the odd 7.0 temblor...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll add a comment for those who think that a hurricane is funny....

I just got back to jacksonville to get ready for jeanne from working out at pensacola.

you do not want to disrespect a hurricane.

while i didn't get into the worse hit areas, i heard plenty from some of the people there.

how'd you like it if
you were old or poor, lived off of what ever little money you made/received, had no insurance, and everything you had was washed or blown away?

you have neighbors that decided to stay, and now their place is destroyed, and they are now  missing or found dead?

your ceiling has caved in all over your house, your drywall is getting mildewed, you already pulled out all your carpet cuz it was wet, and you cosider yourself lucky because you still had a roof over your head?

you live in a solidly constructed house that has survived all prior hurricanes, so you decide to stay in the house despite the warings of high storm surge. then, as the hurricaine came ashore, you were forced to retreat from room to room, from the front  to the back of the house, up stairs, then into the attic, as the water level rose? how'd you like to be sitting up there wondering how you were going to punch a hole out through your roof if the water kept rising, and having to watch as your  belongings wash by the opening  to the attic as  the storm surge  washed through your house?

If you want to really see what IVAN did to pensacola, check out the photo gallaries from the
pensacola news journal. look towards the right hand side for the photo galleries, especially the areal ones.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Still got power but the worst is yet to come. Looks like the eye is coming over my house in eastern Pasco. Losing power momentarily every now and then.
Pretty sporty here.

That was pretty funny about hte IEDs. You watch yourself in Iraq dude and stay safe and thanks for your service. We should come out OK here.
I think I make a looter patrol soon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Still got power but the worst is yet to come. Looks like the eye is coming over my house in eastern Pasco. Losing power momentarily every now and then.
Pretty sporty here.

Same here in Riverview...we still have power...for now...it flickers off and on from time to time...the computer and cable modem are on a UPS, so I don't lose Internet connectivity during the power dropouts...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
It's Bush's Fault:

MoveOn: Bush to Blame For 'Extreme' Hurricane Season

By Jimmy Moore
Talon News
September 23, 2004

Attempting to take political advantage of the devastating hurricanes that have hit Florida and the southeastern section of the United States in the past few weeks, liberal political action group MoveOn.org is saying that President George W. Bush is to blame for "making extreme weather stronger."

In an e-mail to supporters, MoveOn.org rhetorically asks "why such extreme weather" has taken place with Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Ivan causing billions of dollars in property damage and loss of life.

"Scientists agree that global warming makes sea levels rise and makes storms stronger, because temperature shifts disrupt the normal balance," MoveOn.org explained. "Warmer water makes more violent hurricanes."

The group added that insurance companies such as Swiss Re and Munich Re say "global warming is causing more losses."

Ridiculing President George W. Bush for "handing out emergency aid" in Florida while doing "nothing to reduce global warming," MoveOn.org contends that the president has "done a lot to make the problem worse" and has caused the massive hurricanes to form.

Asking its members to write letters to the editor of their local newspapers, MoveOn.org offers key "talking points, sample letters, and a tool to find your local paper."

MoveOn.org points the finger at Bush, saying that he has "helped the oil companies drill more, and the big polluters pollute more, at every opportunity" while he "has done nothing to stop global warming pollution, which is making extreme weather stronger."

The leftist group supporting Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry said Bush "walked away from the Kyoto Protocol, the only major international treaty to curb global warming pollution" and allegedly "broke a campaign pledge to limit emissions of CO2, the biggest global warming pollutant."

Blaming Bush for giving "tens of billions of dollars in subsidies to oil and coal industries that cause most of this pollution," MoveOn.org said the president has done "virtually nothing to make our use of these energy sources more efficient or to promote cleaner alternatives."

Again accusing Bush of being responsible for the hurricanes, MoveOn.org said the letter campaign will get the word out of how dangerous weather is connected to the occupant of the White House.

"By writing to our local papers, we can reach out to neighbors who are concerned about the extreme weather but don't yet know the connection to President Bush protecting the polluters," MoveOn.org argued.

The e-mail concluded, "And best of luck coping with the weather."

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh, well...power went off around 8:30 am...still off...gonna shut down the computer now...see you all tomorrow...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah its gettin nasty here on the West Central Coast of FLorida. We are in for a direct hit coming across the state. We are usually pretty good about no power loss where I live in storms, but dunno about this one. Silly me thought the 7/11 would be open, but this town is dead, a few cars on the road (I have no idea WHERE they are goin) No evacuations yet, they are talking about closing the bridges down (no way in, no way out) once they close bridges we are stuck. Im prepared, jus hope the building I reside in is.

oh well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#14]
everything is still on here,, but its gettin worse out as time goes,,starting to get  some standing water,,may walk down tot he river to see how high the icw is,,, gotta see if our office,,is under water,,it came 3 ft shy of it last time! lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]
PICs,,,from this AM 930 est,,, shore of the ICW in daytona.

i live less than 200 yrds from this,, our streets are alredy flooded and my foundation is leaking again!! yippy,,stinky wet carpet yeaaah

prolly take some more pics this PM.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#16]
jeanne is 'visiting' us here in pinellas now.

fukkin' bitch!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:40:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It's Bush's Fault:

MoveOn: Bush to Blame For 'Extreme' Hurricane Season

By Jimmy Moore
Talon News
September 23, 2004

Attempting to take political advantage of the devastating hurricanes that have hit Florida and the southeastern section of the United States in the past few weeks, liberal political action group MoveOn.org is saying that President George W. Bush is to blame for "making extreme weather stronger."

In an e-mail to supporters, MoveOn.org rhetorically asks "why such extreme weather" has taken place with Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Ivan causing billions of dollars in property damage and loss of life.

"Scientists agree that global warming makes sea levels rise and makes storms stronger, because temperature shifts disrupt the normal balance," MoveOn.org explained. "Warmer water makes more violent hurricanes."

The group added that insurance companies such as Swiss Re and Munich Re say "global warming is causing more losses."

Ridiculing President George W. Bush for "handing out emergency aid" in Florida while doing "nothing to reduce global warming," MoveOn.org contends that the president has "done a lot to make the problem worse" and has caused the massive hurricanes to form.

Asking its members to write letters to the editor of their local newspapers, MoveOn.org offers key "talking points, sample letters, and a tool to find your local paper."

MoveOn.org points the finger at Bush, saying that he has "helped the oil companies drill more, and the big polluters pollute more, at every opportunity" while he "has done nothing to stop global warming pollution, which is making extreme weather stronger."

The leftist group supporting Democratic presidential nominee John F. Kerry said Bush "walked away from the Kyoto Protocol, the only major international treaty to curb global warming pollution" and allegedly "broke a campaign pledge to limit emissions of CO2, the biggest global warming pollutant."

Blaming Bush for giving "tens of billions of dollars in subsidies to oil and coal industries that cause most of this pollution," MoveOn.org said the president has done "virtually nothing to make our use of these energy sources more efficient or to promote cleaner alternatives."

Again accusing Bush of being responsible for the hurricanes, MoveOn.org said the letter campaign will get the word out of how dangerous weather is connected to the occupant of the White House.

"By writing to our local papers, we can reach out to neighbors who are concerned about the extreme weather but don't yet know the connection to President Bush protecting the polluters," MoveOn.org argued.

The e-mail concluded, "And best of luck coping with the weather."

This is a joke, right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#20]
welp other than a lil bit of wind and rain, the worse is over for the storm. I guess Ill be goin back to 18hour days ago. .

This storm shit is gettin old. after the first couple times it wears on ya.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top