Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I wonder if an intervention would work? Instead of one guy confronting a jerk, wouldn't 3 or 4 guys asking the guy to leave work better?  It's less tempting to engage 3 or 4 guys than only one guy.

That would be good, but most people won't step up like that.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have to reign in the wife when I'm carrying. She has a pretty smart mouth sometimes and I have to remind her that I'm packing and it's not smart to be a smart ass.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't put yourself in those type of situations.

+1

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

If you are able to control all types of situations you will encounter in your life... why do you carry?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Get a can of fox labs.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You did the right thing and confronted the guy since he was being a jerk. Just because you carry doesn't mean that you need to use it if you get into a altercation. Mano a mano sounded like what this situation needed. No threat on your life was indicated by the douche.

No intention of using it or even drawing it over some drunk jerk. My main concern would be retention in a fist fight.

There's no such thing as a fist fight when you're armed.  If you're armed, every fight is a gunfight even if they don't know it yet.

When you're carrying, you can't confront people like the OP did.  What if the guy took offense and pulled a knife?  Broke a bottle?  Suddenly what you thought was a "fist fight" is deadly.  Now you have to shoot him.  What will witnesses say now?  You walked up to him and started the confrontation, then shot him.  That's not going to help your cause.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm the world's biggest wuss when I'm CCWing.  You can step on my toe and I'll apologize.  

No point in buying the lawyer a house if something goes wrong.  

This.  Always think humility when CCW.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

If you are able to control all types of situations you will encounter in your life... why do you carry?

what they are saying is that they can not control everything...so they control what they can.....

I do not go to most functions that allow alcohol to be served....I gave that up when I realized I did not want myself or family to wind up as a statistic..... either as a shooter or a victim....
as a LEO I had to go to many calls and a lot of them would never have happened if alcohol was not involved...the difference I guess would be social drinking responsibly vs binge drinking...

(I am not saying alcohol should be illegal I like alcohol myself in the seclusion of my home with a small group of friends who act like grown-ups when they drink)

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#10]
How about having her either ask the douchebag to leave, or call the PD so they can witness her asking him to leave.  I can see this situation arise:  Douche hits you, you both go to the floor, you two fight over the gun and the douche gets shot.  Police come over and find out that you had no authority to ask him to leave the party and did so w/o the consent of the property owner (your perception of aiding the owner does not constitute the authority to do so, and people get hinky when the PD shows up).   Result: you're screwed, you are going to jail, you are losing your worldly possessions.......
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top