Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
But no Hulk on page 2
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Head to head? Depends on the lineup. But yeah, the Avengers have a Norse god and a Hulk.

As a die hard X Man comic fan it pains me to admit it, but the movie Avengers would beat the snot out of the movie X Men.

Magneto would rip Stark to shreds. Between his suit and the bits of shrapnel in him it would be over before it started.

Assuming Magneto didn't go on some stupid monologue giving Stark the chance to outmaneuver him.

Which suit of armor? If he knew enough in advance. Stark would come up with a non ferrous suit...

Magneto's powers affect all metals, not just ferrous ones. Among his other powers.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Head to head? Depends on the lineup. But yeah, the Avengers have a Norse god and a Hulk.

As a die hard X Man comic fan it pains me to admit it, but the movie Avengers would beat the snot out of the movie X Men.

Magneto would rip Stark to shreds. Between his suit and the bits of shrapnel in him it would be over before it started.

Assuming Magneto didn't go on some stupid monologue giving Stark the chance to outmaneuver him.

Which suit of armor? If he knew enough in advance. Stark would come up with a non ferrous suit...

Magneto's powers affect all metals, not just ferrous ones. Among his other powers.

Including Adamantium, which is unfortunate for certain individuals.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]

You did not just bring that punk ass bitch into this conversation.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Godzilla > Xmen & Avengers.

Well, how about the Avengers and the Fantastic Four supported by SHIELD?

Quoted:

Well, I do sense he might have a bias...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nitpick:  Magneto isn't one of the X Men.

In one plotline (egads, going off memory here - had to be in the mid-late 80s?) Magneto indeed did become leader of the X Men.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
She Hulk with a raging case of PMS after finding out the Hulk cheated on her with Northstar.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In the endless realm of nerd debate, forum fisticuffs and comic con itself,  the SPECTRE is considered one of, if not THE most powerful being, second only to God....who gives SPECTRE his power.
So basically, if SPECTRE were to battle God, he would be fighting himself.
Intredasting......

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#10]
At first glance the Avengers are more powerful however the X men have variety.

Professor X can calm the Hulk and cause him to revert to Bruce Banner
Magneto OWNS Iron man and Hawkeye.
Wolverine  Beast and Cyclops can handle Iron Man and the Shield agents and probably Cap.  
Jean Gray can probably handle Thor.
Plus they have Ice Boy and depending on the team makeup, Nightcrawler or his mother Mystique, who would wreck any shield agents.
So the X men could triple team Thor if X can handle Hulk.
If the Avengers have Ant Man and Vision it gets dicey though.  
Sabretooth has been an X man once or twice he is nasty to fight. Also banshee is destructive as hell.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without even breaking a sweat......X-Men

They have a Hulk, but let's see what Rogue can do to him.

IIRC, Wolverine has fought the Hulk to a standstill.

almost all Marvel hero v hero scraps end in a standstill by design.

The hulk can pick up a mountain range and can simply slap his hands together so hard, that he could nearly drive wolverine crazy. The green version of the hulk had skin so tough even wolvie had trouble cutting him, combine that with the hulk's own healing factor and he is very tough out for wolverine.

Wolverine fighting the hulk to a standstill is pure BS.

Hulk is like Superman, his powers are very plot dependent. Need him to get smashed by wolverine...done, need him to throw planets around and kill celestials...done. That is the reason why I hate both superman and the hulk, their powers have no limit.

It can also go the other way around. X-men with jean grey as the phoenix = owns the entire avenger team single-highhandedly.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wolverine  Beast and Cyclops can handle Iron Man and the Shield agents and probably Cap.  
Plus they have Ice Boy and depending on the team makeup, Nightcrawler or his mother Mystique, who would wreck any shield agents.
Sabretooth has been an X man once or twice he is nasty to fight. Also banshee is destructive as hell.

Plus rogue effectively has the powers of ms marvel, so she is a pretty tough cookie.

You could also throw in cannonball, sunfire and you also have forge who is effectively a better inventor then tony stark.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without even breaking a sweat......X-Men

They have a Hulk, but let's see what Rogue can do to him.

IIRC, Wolverine has fought the Hulk to a standstill.

Find and read "Old Man Logan".

You can thank me later.

Yes, one of the few comics that I have bought and it is amazing. venomsaurusrex

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good point; Jean Gray has destroyed a fracking star...

The X-Men may have a shot at this. A good one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the endless realm of nerd debate, forum fisticuffs and comic con itself,  the SPECTRE is considered one of, if not THE most powerful being, second only to God....who gives SPECTRE his power.

So basically, if SPECTRE were to battle God, he would be fighting himself.

Intredasting......

Exactly.  Punk ass bitch.

Jubilee... Theres a bitch with some chutzpah.  All she can do toss out some My Little Pony sparkles and she holds her own.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#16]
The Phoenix, Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine > Avengers
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Ultron.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ultron.

Ultron will certainly be in one of the movies that is for sure.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nitpick:  Magneto isn't one of the X Men.

In one plotline (egads, going off memory here - had to be in the mid-late 80s?) Magneto indeed did become leader of the X Men.

No, the New Mutants.  

Magneto ran the school while Charles was out playing "Space Pirates of Penance".

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cable and Deadpool kill all.

Until Deadpool "lobotomized" him, Cable could destroy the multiverse with a thought.

And Deadpool killed the whole Marvel universe already.

Link Posted: 4/15/2013 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#21]
MOAR
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting
. . . .  how about Doctor Manhattan

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#23]

I am guessing you want more blue penis?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I am guessing you want more blue penis?

I certainly had to be careful which picture I linked

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

This one scene alone is adequate justification for watching that movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8sLAJ1R9RU&feature=player_embedded

The first time watching that scene after I bought the DVD , I about choked , I was laughing so hard  . . . . rewound it and watched it two more times

Another hilarious snippet :

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top