BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I will bet someone 100 dollars whatever is announced is not good for our country

I'm just joking. No one would take that bet.

Bet a UAW member.  They'd have to accept.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]
ME!  me me me me me.  Where's my fucking money!  Oh yeah, going out in tax dollars to pay for THEM!  them them them.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if  the UAW leadership feel that the money they used to support the dems was worth it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder if  the UAW leadership feel that the money they used to support the dems was worth it.

This ain't over yet.  The big 3 will be back –– probably several times.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As if corporate and industry bailouts are anything new.

There appears to be a suprising number of history challenged people that frequent these forums.

Plese show us history of  bailouts on this scale Mr. History.

First hit on google.

A Brief History of Government Bailouts

ON THIS SCALE

Mr. Not-So-Very-Good-With-History
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Great...delaying the inevitable. Once the unions suck them dry again they will be back in a few years with their hands out and threatening global meltdown.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great...delaying the inevitable. Once the unions suck them dry again they will be back in a few years with their hands out and threatening global meltdown.

Few years no... few months yes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Dow down to record low in years

Getting worst..

Fuck the Automakers..

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet they will bounce a few times.  That's why I have been buyng their stock.  

I figure I should at least make some money while my tax dollars are wasted.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is what the Senator Ried and Nancy Pelosi are doing.

They want the The three Dumbasses from the automakers to return on Dec 2 to explain the problems all over again and give us your big plans(LIES). This is how it will go down. With the Media in tow.

The Three Wisemen of the Big Three will go back to Washington this time on the cheapest airline and stay at a homeless shelter.

They will all dine(eat) at a local soup kitchen. Dipping scrapping the bottom of their plates with a piece of bread.

They will take the bus to Capitol Hill wearing a cheap suits and tie they will get free at a local thrift shop.

They will bring along pie charts drawn by their local UAW children using crayons.

The drawing will have stick figures that represent the Union Members starving.

Their plans will show green color cars that will represent eco freindly future cars.

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Ried will sit there crying at the tragedy, and how these guys are so brave to come in and beg in this manor.

They will then say that all this can be turned around and achieved by the bail out.

The big problem here is that the American peoples minds will be on the holidays and will have forgotten the arogance shown this week by the Big Three and will not say a word against it..

Big Three get bailed out.

No matter what we say or do, They will get bailed out at a tune of $200 Billion and up.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is what the Senator Ried and Nancy Pelosi are doing.

They want the The three Dumbasses from the automakers to return on Dec 2 to explain the problems all over again and give us your big plans(LIES). This is how it will go down. With the Media in tow.

The Three Wisemen of the Big Three will go back to Washington this time on the cheapest airline and stay at a homeless shelter.

They will all dine(eat) at a local soup kitchen. Dipping scrapping the bottom of their plates with a piece of bread.

They will take the bus to Capitol Hill wearing a cheap suits and tie they will get free at a local thrift shop.

They will bring along pie charts drawn by their local UAW children using crayons.

The drawing will have stick figures that represent the Union Members starving.

Their plans will show green color cars that will represent eco freindly future cars.

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Ried will sit there crying at the tragedy, and how these guys are so brave to come in and beg in this manor.

They will then say that all this can be turned around and achieved by the bail out.

The big problem here is that the American peoples minds will be on the holidays and will have forgotten the arogance shown this week by the Big Three and will not say a word against it..

Big Three get bailed out.

No matter what we say or do, They will get bailed out at a tune of $200 Billion and up.

My guess is that is pretty much the way it goes with a few stabs thrown in about Republican hating starving union children.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Im still waiting on a response for my bailout request...its a measely 10 grand, dont know what it hasnt been approved yet...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There appears to be a suprising number of history challenged people that frequent these forums.

Plese show us history of bailouts on this scale Mr. History.

First hit on google.

All of that combined doesn't even come close to the $5 TRILLION that we're already on the hook for because of the most recent "$700 Billion Bailout".

VOTE REPUBLICAN!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plese show us history of  bailouts on this scale Mr. History.

First hit on google.

ON THIS SCALE

Mr. Not-So-Very-Good-With-History

Like it or not, parse it as you may, the fact remains that we have a long history of bailing out companies and industries. It was no less controversial back then.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

RIP America
1776-2008

[Democrat][/Democrat]

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plese show us history of bailouts on this scale Mr. History.

First hit on google.

All of that combined doesn't even come close to the $5 TRILLION that we're already on the hook for because of the most recent "$700 Billion Bailout".

VOTE REPUBLICAN!

Because they would NEVER back such a thing!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet they will bounce a few times.  That's why I have been buyng their stock.  

I figure I should at least make some money while my tax dollars are wasted.

When they burn thru this 25B and the idiots in DC say "No mas!", be sure to claim your
short term loss on your '09 return.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:10:58 -0500  
To: mi650
Subject: Supporting the Auto Industry  All headers  
All attachments  
Dear Mr. mi650:

Immediate support is needed to shore up our automotive manufacturing sector and to preserve the more than 2.5 million jobs directly and indirectly linked to the U.S. auto industry. This morning, I testified in front of the House Financial Services Committee to emphasize the need for Congress to take swift action on behalf of our [UTF-8?]nation’s automakers. Standing idly by as the financial crisis decimates our domestic manufacturing capabilities and pulls our fragile economy further into recession is unacceptable.

Throughout the world, the dire financial crisis continues to spur governments to provide assistance to their manufacturing industries, which are not able to obtain the credit they so vitally need to continue operations. Both Germany and the European Union are studying the possibility of providing support for their automotive industries. Australia has provided more than $4 billion in funding for its vehicle manufacturers. Automotive manufacturers in China are already voicing their expectation of financial assistance from their government as well. [UTF-8?]“The Chinese government will undoubtedly support [UTF-8?]us,” says She Cairong, general manager of JAC Motors, a Chinese automobile manufacturer. This quote appeared in a New York Times article this morning, highlighting [UTF-8?]China’s consideration of a plan to provide assistance to its domestic automobile companies.

The spotlight is now focused on Congress, which is considering the possibility of rescuing the industry from an economic downturn not of its own making. President-elect Obama has called the U.S. auto industry [UTF-8?]“the backbone of American [UTF-8?]manufacturing” and said that the failure of our domestic automakers would be [UTF-8?]“a [UTF-8?]disaster” for our economy. President Bush, Speaker Pelosi, and both the Majority and Minority Leaders of the Senate agree that bridge loans for our domestic automakers are necessary at this time. I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate and the Congressional Leadership to come up with a plan that would provide auto manufacturers with the bridge loans they need to weather this financial storm.

You can read the transcript of my testimony before the House Financial Services Committee by clicking on the following link: [http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=305099]. During these difficult times, I am doing everything within my power to convince the Congress to provide the bridge loans for the domestic auto industry that the President, the President-elect and the leaders from both houses of Congress support.
Sincerely,
Carl Levin

What a fucking turd.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top