Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were Eric at Ammoman, I'd simply say send it back...refund your money and BAN YOU FOREVER.

What a whore you are...Eric is one of the nicest guys in this business and you come on here and smear them rather than just shoot him a note.

You should be raped with a tree branch (see Drudgereport for complete story)

EDIT TO ADD I got pg 3 bishes!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone want to buy a preban Colt Govt Carbine cheap? Its really a postban Bushmaster XM15E2S, but it will work just the same.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone want to buy a preban Colt Govt Carbine cheap? Its really a postban Bushmaster XM15E2S, but it will work just the same.

How much?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#4]
kind of like picking the fly shit out of the pepper
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
[Strudle54] MY PU$$Y HURTS![/strudle54]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]

BZZZT.

Another crappy example.

That would be  a MATERIAL difference.   It would be a difference that would undermine the underlying financial exchange.  

Four months difference on blister packed surplus ammo, where there is not even a scintilla of evidence to indicate Ammoman knew any differently is simply not material.  

Try again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In my line of work (legal), we have several tests for misleading advertising and they ALL (every single one of them) require that the seller KNOWINGLY make a misstatement.   They also require a material misrepresentation.   A misrepresentation is material only where it would cause the reasonable purchaser to make a different decision based on the "new" information.   I'm seeing a lot of posts here (and I agree with them) who note that with blister packed surplus ammo, there's not a whif of difference in the 4 month discrepancy.   So unless one could prove that the average purchaser, or even THIS purchaser, would NOT have bought the ammo if it said "1989 through 1999 production", this is a non event.

Finally,this post, especially  the title and the quip from the poster on the page count, seems to have been an exercise in attention whorring.  

The Eagles wrote a pretty good song, (it even bashes lawyers like me) that says "GET OVER IT."

I heartily concur.  

Funny you should mention "Attention Whore" as I was thinking the same thing!

Some companies even throw out the "In an effort to continually improve our XXXXX, we reserve the right to improve/change without notification."

Although that might not fit this case here!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I bought this rifle from AR15fan that was supposed to be a pre-ban COLT, but it was a post-ban Bushmaster. I haven't contacted him yet, but I thought I'd just  post this in the EE feedback forum to see if he has fucked anyone else like this before. I'm going to contact him ASAP though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

BZZZT.

Another crappy example.

That would be  a MATERIAL difference.   It would be a difference that would undermine the underlying financial exchange.  

Four months difference on blister packed surplus ammo, where there is not even a scintilla of evidence to indicate Ammoman knew any differently is simply not material.  

Try again.

Some people just don't get it.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The Eagles wrote a pretty good song, (it even bashes lawyers like me) that says "GET OVER IT."

I heartily concur.  

"Much Ado About Nothing".  This could have been an un-funny episode on "Seinfield" too, another show about nothing.  I know for a fact that ammoman responded to my one and only e-mail question.

edit

[comicbookguy]Now you've done it.  I'll have to go back and check all the headstamps on my Q3131A.  Thanks a lot!![/comicbookguy]  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Exactly - I am sure it is fine -  all the people here that keep saying I am fireing ammo from 19-whatever ammo, are not getting my point.

And you're not getting our point.

You should have contacted the vendor and got him to fix the problem before making a big deal about it on a public forum.

If he refuses to help (which I doubt), then get on the forum and gripe.

I didn't think this was a big deal until all the acerbic replies began to get posted. It was my perception that the post was a declaration of an event and that the poster was wondering if the same thing had happened to anyone else and lastly if anyone might have any information as to why this might happen. I didn't see any threats or griping or even complaining...just a simple declaration and a couple of simple interrogatories... some of you must beat the living snot out of your kids...

"daddy, my oatmeal is cold"
"you better shut your mouth and stop crying  like a girl you sniveling weenie when I was locked in a bamboo hut by the VC we didn't have any oatmeal and we got electric shock torture 5 times a day. you wanna get zapped with daddy's lawnmower battery again?"

Lastly, I salute all you big bad tough guys out there who have never once uttered a word of displeasure to anyone. My heroes.

And thank you, sir, for taking it to a completely absurd extreme.

no problem
that's my motto
"if it ain't absurd AND extreme it's crap"
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Replace "post" with "Thread"

The point is so moot it isn't funny.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
IMO the point here is that Strudle54 is technically correct, in that what he recieved was not precisely as advertised - even though it was functionally equivalent.

But, it is also fair to observe that his post about it, with a title that suggests (or at least implies) wrongdoing or fraud by ammoman - before even contacting ammoman about it, could have been done better.  I agree with others that a thread with this title and worded the way it was, is only really apporpriate AFTER contacting the seller, not before.

If he was just interested in people's thought about it, I think there were a variety of ways to ask people their opinion about this - that didn't necessitate a title like the thread has.  In that case, it would be entirely appropriate to do so BEFORE contacting ammoman, because part of the thread might have been asking peoples' opinion about whether there's a difference btw. late 89 and 90, whether other think this rises to the point of "false" or "misleading" advertising, and whether or not he should contact ammoman.  That would have been fine - I think what rubbed people the wrong way is a strong STATEMENT that ammoman mis-advertised his product.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Macman, perhaps you meant this one?

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
IMO the point here is that Strudle54 is technically correct, in that what he recieved was not precisely as advertised - even though it was functionally equivalent.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe I'm missing something... I didn't see the word fraud anywhere in the initial thread title or post...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the title says that the ammo was not as stated. In my view, that is a declarative statement that is objectively verifiable. If it is true that the ammo is advertised in such and such a way and it is true that that it is not as advertised I don't see a problem with the thread or the title. Based on the nonsense contained in so many threads on this board, I wonder what makes people think this is an alarmist or "smear" thread. Most of the tripe spouted around here is FAR more alarmist and most of the smearing engaged in by many of the members is entirely perspective based. That sort of worthless garbage persists without comment and I therefore am totally perplexed at the vicious attacks leveled at the thread poster here....

oh wait...no I'm not.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Exactly - I am sure it is fine -  all the people here that keep saying I am fireing ammo from 19-whatever ammo, are not getting my point.

Oh, I think that we get your point. The consensus
seems to be that you should send the ammo back,
use the money to buy some Summer's Eve, and wash
the sand out of your vagina.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Who cares, just shoot it. He probably slipped up. People make mistakes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I think that we get your point. The consensus
seems to be that you should send the ammo back,
use the money to buy some Summer's Eve, and wash
the sand out of your vagina.

You owe me a new keyboard you bastard!

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I therefore am totally perplexed at the vicious attacks leveled at the thread poster here....

oh wait...no I'm not.

I'm not at all. There are some scared cows on AR15.com. Advertisers in general, but Eric more than most becuase he's a genuinely good guy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Strudle did ask if anyone has ordered the 90's production and got the 89 batch.  So far none of you bashing him has even answered his question.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
ALL RIGHT...Its time for me to step in an handle this situation, once and for all...
I am an official ammo tester, and value appraiser.
Send me the ammo in question, and I will test it to see if any there have been any un-savory shennanigans perpertrated.
In order for an accurate appraisal, you will have to send all of the ammo to me, and after I have tested every round...I will let you know if you have been ripped off.

NOTE: this testing is sometimes a lengthy affair, and may take several months to complete.

Ill be watching for the UPS man.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#23]
If Botach had sent him a product that was not as advertised everyone would be bashing Botach for three pages.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If Botach had sent him a product that was not as advertised everyone would be bashing Botach for three pages.

No, Im pretty sure at least someone would have asked: "Have you contacted Botach?"
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#26]
So, now did that stray kitty get shot with 1989 or 1990 headstamped ammo?

ar15.com solving the world's problems... er, uh, or at least beating them to death

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The head stamp is '89 - while the "blister pack" gives a specific date of 16.08.89 - to me that is August 16, 1989 - not sure how he can say '90 production when it's CLEARLY NOT.

Anyone else get this? your thoughts?

Maybe give him a call first or would that be too much like thinking...?

(609) 828-7647...!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WAAAA!!! A whole 5 months earlier. WAAAA!!!
Why don't you ask Ammoman about this instead of coming here and whining???

No whinning, as you can read in my thread - As I clearly stated,  I don't care if it's '89 provided it fires, however it is not as he advertised.

If I were to sell you car, on the notion it was a 1990 chevy and you got it and it was 1989 would you scratch your head?

Not after owning a 1990 Jeep Cherokee that was actually a hybrid 89/ 90 .
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm missing something... I didn't see the word fraud anywhere in the initial thread title or post...

Well of course you are missing something, legalese.   With your head stuck so far up your ass, you are bound to miss alot.  

Now, that was a crude way of disagreeing, wasn't it?  And, with just a little effort, I could have stated my position just as effectively and not nearly as offensively.

Hmmmm.... kind of like the title of this stupid thread.  Maybe "Advertising Discrepancy?" would have gotten some milder retorts.  The connotation of ".. NOT AS STATED"  kinds of sound like calling someone a liar.   It appears Eric has enough friends and satisfied customers for that knid of perceived bashing to get a response.  

And by the way... suggestions that Strud douche promptly were very funny, and equally applicable to you.   Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#30]
That's right it couldn't possibly be 1989 headstamper cases that were loaded in 1990 now could it?

Heard at the Aussie ammunition factory hey Mates, I know that is January 1990 now but damn if we don't have a bajillion empty 89 headstamp cases letft fromlast year that we didn't get to loading up because we spent all of our time wrapping and packing those bonza bandoleers into the cans.

Should we go ahead and use those 89 stamped cases or throw them away?  

Fukkin -A maybe they changed over at the fiscal years end even. 1 July it becomes 1990.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I see no problem at all.

Customer received something other that what he ordered. Customer doesn't want a refund, or any compensation at all. He simply requests that the seller revise his advertisement to reflect the actual production dates.

Where's the problem? Why's  everyone got their panties in the bunch? i see no problem wit the buyer's request.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]

This thread should not have been posted in General Discussion. It should be in Industry section in the Ammoman Forum, that is, if it should have been posted at all:

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=104

Why do people keep ruining GD with OT stuff like guns and ammo?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Christ, of all the shit we have to deal with while enjoying our 2nd A rights, you're concerned about a 5 month difference in ammo?

Bring it up with the dealer and see what he thinks.  I'll put money on it just being a fluke package.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Good luck getting any help out of Ammoman

Im not going to engage in personal attacks.  However, I am going to attack ammoman.com's piss poor customer service.  Ive been buying off the internet for 7 years now and have NEVER recieved such blantant disreguard for the customer.

SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Im not going to engage in personal attacks.  However, I am going to attack ammoman.com's piss poor customer service.  Ive been buying off the internet for 7 years now and have NEVER recieved such blantant disreguard for the customer.

Really?...
Damn, I have always recieved excellent service from ammoman.
In fact, I would have to say that of all the stuff I have ever ordered on the internet...buying ammo from ammoman has always been the easiest, hassle-free, problem-free experience.

Sorry you had bad luck.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Ammoman's website clearly states on it's return page "We do not make it and we do not inspect each and every one of thousands of cans and cases we ship. We will however, still guarantee the items."                So if the rnds are indeed marked '89, then you did get something you did not pay for and are entilted to a replacement or your money back.

Since they clearly state they do not look through each can, it is very possable for them to make a mistake, in which case it is covered by their policy stated on thier website. -They probably have over 2 million rnds of ammunition in stock at any given time.

It would have taken you maybe two minutes to clear up if you would have called thier customer service rep.

Ammoman has no history of negative feedback/transactions, which would lead one to assume this was an accident. 100% Posative feedback rating under "Ammoman": www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=217855

Also, the LOT# and YOM should be printed on the tin.      Hope you get exactly what you wanted.

*ETA, I checked the website and the rnds don't come packed in a tin.
Link to pic
www.ammoman.com/images/blister3081.jpg
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually, 1990 was the last year of the 1980s just as 2000 was the last year of the 20th century.

So in effect you are saying that someone who is 40 is still technically in his 30s? Heheheh. Silly MahatmaRicer.

Silly Goblin, he is correct.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Was it a full case ?

The reason I ask is because the last case I got was in the 800 round wooden box
with five 160 round boxed blister packs . 1 box was 88 Two were 89 and the other two were 90 .
The case appeared to be factory sealed . And the label on the pallet it came off of said 90s production .

I don’t feel cheated it because all goes bang when I ask , and is IMHO  the best surplus .308 ammo out there at the moment . No matter what the headstamp is .
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Strudle, the only thing the date stamp on the brass indicates it was produced AFTER the date stamp, dumbass!

Lump of coal for you!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Well technically its 90's production.

Financial year starts in July or  June so technically it falls into 1990's financial year.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#43]
So a 1990 Corvette can be produced in 1989 but it is still a 1990.  Get over it and shoot the stuff already.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:46:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Yeah, I am still ticked that Botach sent me the wrong flashlight bulb and wouldn't make it right ;).  That has been about 5 years ago now.

I have never had an issue with Eric though, always more than happy.  The UPS guy that delivered it is another story.  I ordered some .223 that was put in a box about 9x9x9 inches.  I am pretty confident that the box started as a cube, but by the time I got it, it was literally almost a sphere.  It was a ball.  

So...

Botach sucks
UPS sucks
Ammoman does not suck
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#45]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=198232&page=1
I thought this thread would be interesting to compare and contrast.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=198232&page=1
I thought this thread would be interesting to compare and contrast.  

You're right. Both of these people didn't
get what was advertised. But that does
not change the fact that they are both
little bitches for not taking their problem
to the vendor (getting a retarded email
answer from some droid does not count:
"Are website...") and instead whining on
ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#47]
BFD
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I have allways had EXCELLANT service from AMMOMAN, Eric and the gang are GREAT TO DEAL WITH, the most hassle free ammo buying over the net, I have ever had.

I even bought 1008 rounds of Danish 30-06 ammo from him this week, and am looking forward to it.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have allways had EXCELLANT service from AMMOMAN, Eric and the gang are GREAT TO DEAL WITH, the most hassle free ammo buying over the net, I have ever had.

I even bought 1008 rounds of Danish 30-06 ammo from him this week, and am looking forward to it.....

One time I ordered some .40 ammo sort of by accident, I thought it was jacketed but it was not ("high antimony lead" actually).  Well, after I figured out my mistake I contacted Ammoman, and he gave me a full refund, contacted UPS to BRING BACK THE CASE THAT HAD ALREADY SHIPPED, and told me to go ahead and order again off the site.  So no I don't think he has piss poor customer service, and I'll keep ordering from him.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top