Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas I am going to sign off but I need you to know your in my thoughts tonight. It takes a strong man to ask for Guidance and Devine help. Mostly from Strangers has the word goes but not has the Feelings and love given to you from this site.

What I write now comes from a Daily Meditation book I use. These are not my own words.

The Tremor of awe is the best in man

We have a spirtual experience in knowing and being touched by something much larger than us, something of a mysterious demimensions. It can happen as we stand on the banks of a ageless river, listen to beautiful music, read scripture,or say a prayer with a friend. When we set  aside defiance, willfulness, and our demands to subdue whatever we need, we become receptive to a larger reality. The experience of awe brings out the best in man because it instills a spirt of respect and gratatude. It inspires humility and expands our minds into realms we can't express in words.

The sense of awe is a kind of reverence. After we learn where our personal awe is inspired, we can return to it again and again. As we feel it more, we become more open to it in the mundane parts of our daily lives. Today we might feel the spirit in the visit of a wild bird on a branch, the spontaneous "Hi" from a small child, or the stillness before prayer at the dinner table.

TODAY I WILL LOOK FOR MOMENTS OF AEW IN MY LIFE

My Friend you are in more than just my prayers Hang on for this to shall pass,
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
GBT-
This paraphrase of a story also comes from a daily devotional book, called The Upper Room:

Uncle Herman was a high salaried exec during the Great Depression.  He had lots of property and stocks when everything went bad.
Unemployed, he went to his church to see if there was anything he could do to help, which turned out to be repairing the steeple of the church building.
He went on to form a small company specializing in this craft.
The nephew who told the story asked Uncle Herman how he was able to deal with such a devestating loss and change of profession.
Uncle told him that his faith in God was more important than his salary or posessions...

Tough call, but, Father knows best and I pray that He has great things in store for you, too.
Hang in there, bud.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You will make it through!

Prayers, INCOMING!

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
.  I know God never gives us more than we can handle,

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote
   As long as younremember this everything will be  okay. The prayer is on it's way.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh man. GBT, JS as I know you....

Sorry to hear that man. I know you were here, actually working on one of my teams as a contractor, but they moved that team to some other bossman.

My prayers are with you.

Please use me as a reference.

Call me or email me..you know where

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayer's in route brother! Hang in there.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you..
Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid - Stop allowing yourself to be agitated and disturbed. Do not permit yourself to be fearful and intimidated and unsettled.

-John 14:27
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there man 'cause paryers are a coming.  God has a plan for you, He just aint telling what it is.[:D]

I haven't worked for 2 1/2 years (Back injury) and it sucks.  The docs still won't release me.  But I know God has a plan that is better than anything I can imagine.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
GBT, your request hits close to home, so let me tell you my story, for what it's worth.

Jan 22 2001
I got my dream job, flying a brand new jet for a major airline. After over a decade of paying serious dues, I finally accomplished what I had been striving for.
I enjoyed this job, as only someone who has waited 14 years could.

July 12 2001 I became the proud papa of a beautiful baby girl.  I had all the normal first time daddy fears, but at least I knew that her future was secure financially. (unlike my own childhood)
I looked forward to a union protected, prosperous career.

Sept 11 2001
We all watched as America suffered the worst attack in our nations history.  Thousands died, and hundreds of thousands lost their jobs.  By Sept 29, I was unemployed.

With thousands of pilots laid off at once, it was not a target rich environment for job seekers. Things were desperate. I prayed to God for help.
I got a job installing windows, but before I started, I heard about a job from a friend, who heard it from another friend, who heard it from a guy in a bar. 800 miles from home in TX, flying freight in a single engine airplane at night, it was about as far as you can get from airline flying. It paid 35% of what I had been anticipating.
In desperation and relief, I jumped at it.

Before training was even complete, Our instructor said that she heard of a job in CO, and did we know anyone who was interested?  I was on the phone in minutes, which is completely against my nature.  I am not a job hopper, and I'm usually laid back. Nevertheless, I talked myself into a sweet job as the chief pilot at a dynamic growing company.  My new bosses are great people.  What are the odds of that?

I can only attribute this to divine intervention.
There were too many coincidences to just chalk up to luck.  

I did take some risks, and got aggressive, but Lord helps those who help themselves, I guess.

In short, listen carefully, or you may miss it when providence comes knocking.  Take any job you can, even a temp job.  You will feel better, and your job search will continue.

Please let the folks here know what it is you do, and don't be squeamish about accepting help.

The Lord works in mysterious ways!  May you be blessed with a good job in the near future.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#11]
GBT,  we're thinking of you & praying for a ray of hope to turn things around for you!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to add my own voice to the chorus of those singing their support.

Good luck to you and your family.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I took a double whammy once:losing my job and going through divorce. While outside an employment office I noticed on the wall was a picture of someone who was obviously in the deep pit of despair. The caption read,"This,too,shall pass!" And you know what--it did!
I know it sounds easy, but you just gotta hang tough, bro!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#14]
GBT, It's Coz again.

9/30/99 - My mother had a stroke, I was trying to get my ortho to operate on my back quickly as I could not stand up for more than about 1 minute before the sciatic pain put me on the ground....and my boss asked me to stop by for a meeting before going to see my mother in the ER.
Continental fired me that same day.

Two weeks later I went under the knife, got a temp job to get through 99, but the first four months of 2000 I was looking. My son had to move in, to save himself, but my bride(his stepmom) and I and he all managed.

April of 2000 I finally got a job. We're still paying off credit card debts.
My bride just went 6 months without work, due to 911, but we managed.

Dude, please email me or call. I'd like to give you contacts etc. I have some good contacts in the industry.

As someone said "This too, shall pass"

Hang tough man.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]
GBT
Prayers sent...   Keep us posted...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Done, and Amen to ETH's prayer and all others.
GodBlessTexas, hang in there, I was out of work for 4 months last Winter/Spring, I know where you're at.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Been there, done that. Two months short of my 10 year anniversary with the company I worked for, I got laid off. Lost my retirement and most everything else I had. I did ANYTING that I could find to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads. I worked two jobs for most of two years before I landed the job I have now. Keep the faith, prayers sent.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Guys, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Things have actually gotten much better since I posted that, and I'm grateful for all the support that's been offered.  AR15.com is good people.

Please see [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=128471[/url] for an update and my heartfelt thanks to all of you for everything.

Remember the Alamo, God bless you all, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top