BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you cave into pressure and buy extended warranty, Scotchguard, or other bullshit?
View Quote

Extended warranties will save your ass and add value to a resale if you negotiate the price on the warranty. I have a fully transferrable bumper to bumper 120k mile warranty on my Mustang. Picked it up for about $1200.  They wanted $3800.  

Saved me $8000 when my number 8 cylinder went out. Also got me the 2013/14 spec Coyote motor for my 2012.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Comes with rockford fosgate stereo and navigation.  Im not gay so i dont know.  My angus is peppered.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Truck is warrantied bumper to bumber for the finance term...6 years.  I did not go for the extended warranty.  I did take the premium maintenance plan for 9 bucks a month just for the convenience of it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
570 for 6 years? Nothing down?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damn you could have got a lot more truck around here for that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
38,000 total financed

a Dodge 1500 Megacab 4x4...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 2012 SV 4x4 CC and have no complaints
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
38,000 total financed
View Quote

You got hosed!  All new 2016 and you blew almost $40k on the outgoing model?  Hope you like 14mpg.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why didn't you buy a truck?
View Quote

I laughed ...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
damn, this ranks up there with the 19k tacoma thread
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm 6 months in on a 2015 Frontier Pro-4X.  It was a couple thousand less than a comparable Toyota Tacoma with more horsepower and torque as well.  
The Tacoma just looks too girly for me.  Even the TRD looks like something a rural soccer mom would be driving.

And since GM is a no-go and Ford won't sell Rangers in the States anymore, the Frontier is the only real man's truck for someone who doesn't want or need a full-size.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, the VK56 engine is a fucking MONSTER.  We had an Armada that I kept in really good shape, and it was fun as hell smoking all kinds of folks at stop lights.  I've owned a ton of cars, and the engine in the Armada was definitely one of my favorites.  Years ago the exhaust manifolds were cracking, but I read that has since been addressed by Nissan.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm 6 months in on a 2015 Frontier Pro-4X.  It was a couple thousand less than a comparable Toyota Tacoma with more horsepower and torque as well.  The Tacoma just looks too girly for me.  Even the TRD looks like something a rural soccer mom would be driving.
And since GM is a no-go and Ford won't sell Rangers in the States anymore, the Frontier is the only real man's truck for someone who doesn't want or need a full-size.
View Quote

Next year Nissan will finally update the antique and homely Frontier. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, do be careful, though.  My wife was reading some govt stats and I believe more Americans die in Titans that any other pickup. Having owned an Armada I know it's because of the sweet ass powerful engine, and not any inherent safety flaws.  Take it easy in the beginning, brother, as you discover how that gas pedal can make you grin.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Does Nissan make vehicles straight people would want to drive? I'm getting tired of all this tranny/homo stuff in GD.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Can you run faster now that your wallet is lighter?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Does Nissan make vehicles straight people would want to drive? I'm getting tired of all this tranny/homo stuff in GD.
View Quote
My Infiniti has 330hp and AWD.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Im driving my truck until it dies or falls apart.

No more payments for me.

Congrats,now go fart for the first time in the seats
View Quote
+1 here

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Not sure how i got hosed.  The comparable z71 was almost 5k more and had less features.  And like ive said before i like the performance and looks of the titan.  Im not a big fan of diesel trucks and would not want the first attempt by nissan at one.  Nissan has done the titan one way for years.  And i think theres a reason for that.  Plus i like being able to drive around town and not see 400 trucks just like mine.  Everyone in my area has jumped on the new gm body style and they are every where.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where are the pics?
View Quote

No shit, and the OP needs to learn how to quote. It's annoying to read posts and not know what the person is responding to.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Thats about as new as it gets IMHO.  I dont pick it up till monday afternoon cause it just rolled off the car hauler.  They have to do a bunch of stuff that is not done at the factory.  But like i said it has every option except for leather and a sunroof.  I hate leather seats.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Wat?  GD asks for pix.  OP delivers?!?

This has got to be a first.

Enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I was also surprised to learn that titans are manufactured in the USA....so 'merica.  Albeit with probably all japanese made parts but still close.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I used to own an '05 Titan and it was a great truck.

One question though: why buy a '15 (12 year old body style) when the '16 are coming out?  Hate to say it but, I would have bought the new Tundra (or '16 Titan)  instead.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

38,000 total financed
View Quote

So 0% is $3000???

$570 x 72 = $41040
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

One question though: why buy a '15 (12 year old body style) when the '16 are coming out?  Hate to say it but, I would have bought the new Tundra (or '16 Titan)  instead.
View Quote

Reason, better prices on outgoing model.

Bugs are all worked out on a model that is in it's last year of manufacture, new model will likely have some significant bugs to work out the first and second year.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
38,000 total financed

A dodge would be buying less truck for the same amount of money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Bugs are all worked out on a model that is in it's last year of manufacture, new model will likely have some significant bugs to work out the first and second year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like he paid damn near MSRP on it though.

Still got a nice truck IMO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Great truck. I plan on busing the new version in a few years.

I currently have an 08 identical to yours (except the wheels). I think I paid like $24k for it brand new.

Not looking forward to ponying up the cash for the next one.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The body style is 12 years old, and his resale value is going to reflect that. Titans depreciate almost as quickly as a Dodge.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
I honestly looked at the tundra hard.  But in the end i just liked the titan more.  It had a sportier look and feel to it and like i said before the titan has always been a good truck for me.  And the tundra was much more expensive.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The body style is 12 years old, and his resale value is going to reflect that. Titans depreciate almost as quickly as a Dodge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are probably right.  But i dont plan on getting rid of this one.  It will be my sons truck in a few years.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So 0% is $3000???

$570 x 72 = $41040

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

38,000 total financed

So 0% is $3000???

$570 x 72 = $41040

You are correct.  I did add some things to the truck which is why i cant pick it up till monday.  Add ons are a leveling kit and more aggressive tires.  And a bed extender.  Plus taxes and all.  If i had just taken the truck as is it would have been roughly 38k.  So i guess i was misleading a bit.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
OP, do be careful, though.  My wife was reading some govt stats and I believe more Americans die in Titans that any other pickup. Having owned an Armada I know it's because of the sweet ass powerful engine, and not any inherent safety flaws.  Take it easy in the beginning, brother, as you discover how that gas pedal can make you grin.  
View Quote

At 5.6L and 317hp it the weakest damn truck engine out there....
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You may be right but i can say based on the 09 titan i had that the throttle response is by far superior to any other truck ive driven.  If you arent careful it will get away from you.  I think thats what he was getting at.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I think the reason the titan wins me over is that while it doesnt do any one thing better than the others it seems to do everything well.  Add on top of that the somewht smaller price tag and the looks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You are correct.  I did add some things to the truck which is why i cant pick it up till monday.  Add ons are a leveling kit and more aggressive tires.  And a bed extender.  Plus taxes and all.  If i had just taken the truck as is it would have been roughly 38k.  So i guess i was misleading a bit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

38,000 total financed

So 0% is $3000???

$570 x 72 = $41040

You can get a crew cab 4x4 SL model for less than $40k here.

Nice truck, but I think you could've worked them for a better deal on a 2015 SV model.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have owned Chevy, Ford and Dodge trucks and my Titian was the best of them all. Next truck will be another Titian I won't even look at anything else.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Nice truck, but I think you could've worked them for a better deal on a 2015 SV model.
True...but i think the SV is an upgrade from the SL.  No?  I also got another package add on i think called the value truck package.  Not sure about that though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

38,000 total financed

So 0% is $3000???

$570 x 72 = $41040

True...but i think the SV is an upgrade from the SL.  No?  I also got another package add on i think called the value truck package.  Not sure about that though.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Also keep in mind that i live in a very wealthy area of this state and all vehicles are priced accordingly.  I could have went to missouri or oklahoma and gotten a better deal but i chose not to deal with the hassle of buying out of state.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have owned Chevy, Ford and Dodge trucks and my Titian was the best of them all. Next truck will be another Titian I won't even look at anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much my feelings as well.  For whatever reason i just like driving the titan more.  My only complaint is gas mileage.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

38,000 total financed

So 0% is $3000???
$570 x 72 = $41040

Nada, the SL is their top of the line - 2 levels above the SV and about $7k higher MSRP.

Should be able to get the 2015 crew 4x4 SV w/ the value truck pkg for around $36k with proper persuasion (maybe even less).

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Its no Tundra but at least you got a proper color so there's that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Pretty much my feelings as well.  For whatever reason i just like driving the titan more.  My only complaint is gas mileage.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of mileage does the Titan get? My F250 gets 10/15.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Finding any crew cab 4x4 around my area for less than 40k is damn near impossible.  Unless you want the work truck model with vinyl seats.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#50]
When I was looking for a new truck I boiled it down to Toyota or Nissan. I went with Nissan because it was the better deal.

While I wanted a Titan, I decided that it was just too big of a truck so I settled with a Frontier. I'm happy with her so far.

I think you did good OP.

Somewhat crappy pic of my 2014 Frontier with a leveling kit and more aggressive Goodyear DuraTrac tires.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top