Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What truly stinks, more than anything else, IMHO, is that in some early polls on the subject, about 25% of evangelical Christian voters have said they won't vote for a Mormon (i.e., Romney) no matter what.

I find it truly nauseating that so-called Christians would discriminate against someone else based on his religion, especially when it's a Christian sect itself.  These people would almost certainly be sucking the circumcised cock of any Jewish politician who might run, since the evangelicals overwhelmingly support Israel and the Jews, based on that bullshit prophecy about converting Jews en masse in the "final days".  But a Mormon, oh shock, o the horror, Satan is among us!  Probably the funniest part is that if they really do believe Mormons are eeeeeevil, they ought to vote for Romney just to hasten The End so that the Rapture can happen and they can all go flying through the air to Heaven.

I'm not really big on Romney's positions, but his religion is actually a major positive to me.  Some of my best friends are Mormons, and I mean that quite sincerely -- I've never met a more ethical, honest, family-oriented, hardworking bunch of people.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What truly stinks, more than anything else, IMHO, is that in some early polls on the subject, about 25% of evangelical Christian voters have said they won't vote for a Mormon (i.e., Romney) no matter what.

I find it truly nauseating that so-called Christians would discriminate against someone else based on his religion, especially when it's a Christian sect itself.  These people would almost certainly be sucking the circumcised cock of any Jewish politician who might run, since the evangelicals overwhelmingly support Israel and the Jews, based on that bullshit prophecy about converting Jews en masse in the "final days".  But a Mormon, oh shock, o the horror, Satan is among us!  Probably the funniest part is that if they really do believe Mormons are eeeeeevil, they ought to vote for Romney just to hasten The End so that the Rapture can happen and they can all go flying through the air to Heaven.

I'm not really big on Romney's positions, but his religion is actually a major positive to me.  Some of my best friends are Mormons, and I mean that quite sincerely -- I've never met a more ethical, honest, family-oriented, hardworking bunch of people.

Ahhh stupidity raises its ugly head
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you are but what am I?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you are but what am I?

The answer to that question is self evident.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I supported Thompson over the summer, but I don't think he's president material.  Mitt Romney has proven he can solve problems and administrate a government, and I don't question his committment to the war.  I am strongly leaning towards supporting Romney.  I don't care he is a Mormon or flip flopping on abortion, that stuff isn't important to me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I supported Thompson over the summer, but I don't think he's president material.  Mitt Romney has proven he can solve problems and administrate a government, and I don't question his committment to the war.  I am strongly leaning towards supporting Romney.  I don't care he is a Mormon or flip flopping on abortion, that stuff isn't important to me.

You think he won't sign any gun control legislation that comes his way.....    He will do it in an instant.  He's from MA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never even heard of Dobson.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Um.

Guns or gun control isn't however?

Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.

A: Let's get the record straight. First of all, there's no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I've been governor in a pretty tough state. You've heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.
Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina May 15, 2007

Well shit.. if people on this board didn't care about guns or abortion... they'd probably be voting for Rudy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mitt Romney has proven he can solve problems and administrate a government, and I don't question his committment to the war.  I am strongly leaning towards supporting Romney.  I don't care he is a Mormon or flip flopping on abortion, that stuff isn't important to me.

Again, one word for you...

Massachusetts
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everyone has the right to vote, everyone has a right to express their views...except those damn Christians.

You guys are pathetic sometimes.

Vote your vote and quit complaining about people who DON'T want a Hillary presidency.

Dobson wants this nation under a Christian Theocracy.  No thanks.

Wait, he's on the ballot??!!?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I didn't know he supported banning sport utility rifles.  That is news to me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vote your vote and quit complaining about people who DON'T want a Hillary presidency.

I believe the 'C-Right' were inquiring about running a third party candidate.

What was that again about 'not wanting a Hillary presidency' ?

Is that somehow worse than the Ron Paul bots, who declare their intent to write his name in or not vote at all?

For the record, the Christian right will support the Republican nominee in greater numbers than ANY other group.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is that somehow worse than the Ron Paul bots, who declare their intent to write his name in or not vote at all?

For the record, the Christian right will support the Republican nominee in greater numbers than ANY other group.

Perhaps.

But if they had their own candidate, then what?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, I didn't know he supported banning sport utility rifles.  That is news to me.

Many companies that sell firearms and accessories wont even do business with anyone in MA.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
The C-Right has nowhere else to go
Who the hell are they trying to fool?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mitt Romney has proven he can solve problems and administrate a government, and I don't question his committment to the war.  I am strongly leaning towards supporting Romney.  I don't care he is a Mormon or flip flopping on abortion, that stuff isn't important to me.

Again, one word for you...

Massachusetts

I can't remember which talk show host brought it up, but it was a good point that we shouldn't want any president or any one person "running" the country. The presidency isn't for one person to mold the United States to his/her liking for their own agenda, it's to do what's best for the country at the behest of the people while working with congress, etc.

Being able to administrate gov't doesn't mean he'll do what's best for this country.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps.

But if they had their own candidate, then what?

They generally do.  The Republican one.  There are ALWAYS going to be some looney tunes in ANY group.  Conservative Christians vote for Republicans more consistently than ANY other voting bloc, I bet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The C-Right has nowhere else to go
Who the hell are they trying to fool?

There philosophy is they'll make the GOP "bow to them" in 2012 if they 'force' a Dem win in 08 by voting for a third party candidate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They generally do.  The Republican one.  There are ALWAYS going to be some looney tunes in ANY group.  Conservative Christians vote for Republicans more consistently than ANY other voting bloc, I bet.

I am trying to believe you..

But after what happened in 92 with Perot... I am not so sure of any voting bloc anymore.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
This will probably be the first debate I watch then...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#21]
So when is the debate?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Regardless of who dobson decides to support or not support and regardless of what may happen in some future debate----AS OF RIGHT NOW----if the georgia primary was held today, I would still support duncan hunter first and probably ron paul as my second choice. Paul scares me with some of his foreign policy beliefs but his domestic ideas are so good that I would be willing to bite my tongue (at least to a certain point) on some foreign policy disagreements that could arise. I also would support a hunter/paul ticket in a new york second.

Here's my Top 3 as of today (and I reserve the right to alter my list as I see fit ):

1) Duncan Hunter
2) Ron Paul
3) Tom Tancredo

Officially, I'm still undecided but the above 3 people would have my whole support if they won the GOP nomination.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Dupe!
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=625652

Unfortunately, all the discussion is in this thread.

The two-hour debate is scheduled to be held on October 9 in Dearborn, Mich. and will be broadcast live on CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, at 4 PM ET and re-broadcast on MSNBC at 9 PM ET that evening.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.

A: Let's get the record straight. First of all, there's no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I've been governor in a pretty tough state. You've heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.
Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina May 15, 2007

That's a real problem for me with Mitt Romney and not just because of the gun issue. It shows Mr. Romney and I interpret the U.S. Constitution quite differently. He is one of those "sure I'll protect your right to hunt" politicians, but then, that's kind of predictable from someone who went out and joined the NRA as a prelude to running a national campaign as a Republican.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top