Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
heck I'm in northern CA and I am getting tired of it and its not even that cold and we don't get snow here. I want warm weather so I can have BBQ parties out here
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate hot summers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up in Buffalo and went to college in Ottawa, Canada. I don't miss those winters at all and realized it in my late twenties, when I moved to Texas. Heck, I don't even like seeing the snow in those glass globes you shake.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I HATE the fucking cold.

I miss SoCal weather.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate winter from the get go. But I'd rather be cold then hot, so doesn't work out so well for me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm 41...spent 35 years in NY and never really had an issue with the winter. Moved to VA about 6 years ago and really enjoyed the winter being a bit shorter and milder. The past two years have been close to the NY winters I was used to, minus the snow amounts.

This winter appears to be never ending...just tired of the cold, dreary weather and short days.

I have no ambition this winter.

I can now deal with the heat more than the cold.

Fuck I need the spring.

.........I tell you what I LOVE about winter:
WINTER keeps CALIFORNIA from from taking over the rest of the planet.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Young. Hate winter.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
On your way to Florida eh? Ya geezer!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This is why Florida and Arizona are full of old retirees... Got snowbirds?

Gotta love the moron snowbirds with out of state plates driving 5-10mph below the speed limit.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me=21 years as a mechanic with VDOT (not any more).

Worked on snow removal stuff when it broke & where it broke. Not in a warm & dry shop. Afton Mountain, Wintergreen you name it.

You think cold weather & snow sucks.

Try being cold & soaking wet for 12-16 hours or more working on stuff to keep the roads clear for the sheep that can't fucking drive in the shit.

Danny

One time case rather than a job like yours, but my father, myself, and my brother-in-law had to change out the radiator on a car at -73F.  It was so cold the hoses contracted to where they wouldn't stretch over the fittings, so we had to warm them up then run outside with them and clamp them on before they contracted.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:14:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hate winter from the get go. But I'd rather be cold then hot, so doesn't work out so well for me.

I know what you mean. I think it's easier to warm up a few degrees, however if it's really really cold then its annoying. It depends how extreme it is.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I not only hate winter, I can't stand people who actually ENJOY the winter.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:40:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn: the older I get, the harder winter is on me.

I hate the cold, and the snow.

When I was 8 year old, I would play outdoors ALL DAY LONG wearing nothing but blue jeans, a winter coat, and leather shoes inside rubber boots. Wool mittens, if they weren't lost.

Now I have thermal underwear, Sorrel boots, a really  GOOD goose down parka, etc., etc., and I STILL can't stay warm outside...even for an hour.

I have to keep my house 2 or 3 degrees warmer than just 5 years ago, or I'm so cold my nose is running, and I'm shivering ALL the time.

I just HATE it.

Damn: getting old sucks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#14]
^

Carharrt winter coveralls.  Go with layers underneath, you'll need to be able to peel some off when you start to sweat.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Right there with you...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Winter is great till christmas day ,then thats enough.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:55:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Atlanta isnt too bad, it gets cold but doesnt last that long,

we had a low around 14 once this month

it was 67 yesterday

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:07:35 AM EDT
[#18]
dam i really hate it to. went to shoot my ar that i just finished and got stuck in the snow(ive got 4 wheel drive) at the private range i belong to.wish somone would plow it out.tired of living in the house.going to retire soon and my plan is to go south untill i see palm trees and look for a nice place to live.any suggestions. have a nice day  gunnrunner out
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Hate Winter. This thread needs a poll. I vote warm pie.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm 35, and I HATE winter...I don't think it has to do with my age.

I'm going on 53 and look forward to every winter. I LOVE winter! Tolerate spring and fall, detest summer....but Loooovveeee Winter!

Greetings from Tampa,

Paul

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm 41...spent 35 years in NY and never really had an issue with the winter. Moved to VA about 6 years ago and really enjoyed the winter being a bit shorter and milder. The past two years have been close to the NY winters I was used to, minus the snow amounts.

This winter appears to be never ending...just tired of the cold, dreary weather and short days.

I have no ambition this winter.

I can now deal with the heat more than the cold.

Fuck I need the spring.

Right with you, as a Michigan refugee living in Virginia.  Every time I ponder moving back closer to home, I have a really cold day.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
dam i really hate it to. went to shoot my ar that i just finished and got stuck in the snow(ive got 4 wheel drive) at the private range i belong to.wish somone would plow it out.tired of living in the house.going to retire soon and my plan is to go south untill i see palm trees and look for a nice place to live.any suggestions. have a nice day  gunnrunner out

By the time you go far enough south to see the palm trees, you can't see the palm trees for the Mexicans.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:11:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm with you OP.

I'm 38 and every year I hate it worse.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Me=21 years as a mechanic with VDOT (not any more).

Worked on snow removal stuff when it broke & where it broke. Not in a warm & dry shop. Afton Mountain, Wintergreen you name it.

You think cold weather & snow sucks.

Try being cold & soaking wet for 12-16 hours or more working on stuff to keep the roads clear for the sheep that can't fucking drive in the shit.

Danny

Yeah, what he said...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I am so with you on this.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I can relate, my bones can't handle it like they once could.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm 22, and I love winter. Snow, snowboarding, messing around in empty parking lots in my car, hiking through the winter woods, etc. I actually even enjoy shovelling snow, and chopping wood.

Plus, no one's ever at the range!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Move South.  You'll never hate the Winters in FL.

You'll just hate what winters bring
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Im not nearly as old and I hate the winter.  Hate it so much  I decided to move south on the way to work, turned around, packed and left that day.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#31]

<<<<<<<<<<
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Winter is fun,as long as your ready for it.I've had a great time plowing and snowblowing this year with my old Wheel Horse's .Also playing with my Jeep in the freshly snow covered streets.I like going for ride's and seeing all the people who can't drive in snow to save their ass.Or the ones with sports cars an inch off the ground .
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't miss it at all. I lived on a lake for the last few years I was in New Jersey. It sucked all winter long.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#34]
This has been a bad couple winters in VA for sure. Especially NOVA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#35]
It's 74 here today. I love winter
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Exactly what I am going through too. Used to go ice fishing a lot. Couldn't wait for some free time to go. Or hiking. Now, I don't want to have anything to do with anything cold if I can avoid it. I have been working a lot though and that might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This has been a bad couple winters in VA for sure. Especially NOVA.

Most of it missed RVA.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#38]
If you're sick of the winter, strongly conservative and support the 2nd, please think of coming to Florida, we'd love to have you.

We are in dire need of diluting the self-entitled, ubber-liberal douche bags from the N.E. , especially from NY & NJ, who move down here in droves.

A more nasally, obnoxious, whiny, self-important, liberal group of scum you've likely ever met.

We have great gun laws here and we need more conservatives, preferably of breeding age.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
48 here.

I don't mind winter ITSELF, because cold does not bother me since I have been a lifelong northern boy.  I actually think winter is kind of beautiful.  On weekends I usually walk a few miles on the nearby state forest trails, which I will be doing  tomorrow in fact.

What I find myself liking less and less as I get older though, is having to share the road with absolute, shit-for-brains idiots who have no concept of how to drive safely in winter, and thus endanger everyone around them.

52 here. My feelings exactly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I have arthritis (since I was 27) and some years ago developed severe COPD.The artrhitis just makes my joints stiff and hurt and the COPD makes it very difficult to breathe.
I'm thinking about going to a lower elevation and a warmer climate. I'm 65.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Lived in Northern Ohio my whole life, with the exception of the military, and I hate snow.

I hate moving it. I hate driving in it. It's pretty for Christmas, then it can go away.

I can't wait for Spring either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
heck I'm in northern CA and I am getting tired of it and its not even that cold and we don't get snow here. I want warm weather so I can have BBQ parties out here

Ditto.  When I was young, I could walk around when it was 39 degrees with a t-shirt and a light jacket.  I can't do that anymore.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#43]
its 56 here right now. high in the mid 60s
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you're sick of the winter, strongly conservative and support the 2nd, please think of coming to Florida, we'd love to have you.

We are in dire need of diluting the self-entitled, ubber-liberal douche bags from the N.E. , especially from NY & NJ, who move down here in droves.

A more nasally, obnoxious, whiny, self-important, liberal group of scum you've likely ever met.

We have great gun laws here and we need more conservatives, preferably of breeding age.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ahOvRPj5qMA/R_kDF7eqTZI/AAAAAAAAAks/kqxHkYr3g9Q/s200/gunshine+state_.jpg

I've thought about Texas or Arizona, never gave much thought to Florida.  When I visited in the early Nineties during the height of Summer, the humidity made it seem like I was breathing water.  I may have to visit the state again sometime.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Its the number of times one has to deal with it...hell is repetition.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Loved it till around age 10 or so. 23 now. Fuck this noise. I wish it were mid-Fall all year round.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#47]
I agree, and I'm only 25.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#48]
me too..but its not winter as much as snow.   I HATE THE FUCKING SNOW
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ahOvRPj5qMA/R_kDF7eqTZI/AAAAAAAAAks/kqxHkYr3g9Q/s200/gunshine+state_.jpg

I've thought about Texas or Arizona, never gave much thought to Florida.  When I visited in the early Nineties during the height of Summer, the humidity made it seem like I was breathing water.  I may have to visit the state again sometime.

NW Florida has 4 great seasons, I'm in S.E. Florida and I couldn't recommend this side to anyone with a clear conscience (except for the Keys).

The panhandle area is really very nice IMO.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top