Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i think that this guy has a lot of misguided aggression. like SPORTSMANs SUPPLY said, perhaps mr. mauser's energies would be better spent staring into the homes of the parents. maybe he could erect a sign demanding why the parent's neglegted their children to the point of madness! this way, it would FORCE the issue of helping the MINDS that kill versus opposing the IMPLEMENTS chosen.

but maybe the thought never crossed his mind, and someone simply needs to suggest it to him???
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
All those that say he is doing more for his cause than we are for ours, I ask you, what are we supposed to be doing?  The vast majority of us have jobs that allow us to buy our firearms, he doesn't.  I belong to NRA, GOA, and SAS and contribute a lot of money to each.  We vote.  Most of us do not have a heart rending story to tell the public.

You are correct about some of the user names and T-shirts.  We could do without the image they create.

The last few days I have spent considerable amounts of time posting at democraticunderground.com to calmy try to dispell notions that a lot of the sheeple have.  You said find out what the voting public wants to hear.  Well, if the folks over there and demounderground are an example of the folks that this guy is reaching, there is NOTHING we can do to reach them.  They have made up their minds even though they are uneducated in the subject, moronic in their behavior, and absolutely immature.  They are supposed to be the intellectuals compared to us, but I have never seen so much infantile name calling and spouting of absolute garbage that they like to put forth as facts.  

Mauser, of course, had to bring up 'assault rifles' when they had nothing to do with his son's death and he knows absolutely nothing about them.  People like him and those an demounderground are convinced that most AR's are full auto and even when you explain the difference and the fact that so-called 'assault rifles' are used in less than 2 percent of all gun crimes, they call you a liar.

For those that say that everyone but them is doing nothing and for those who say the time for a revolution is here, I ask this, what exactly is it that you are doing?  I haven't heard of any of you being arrested for protesting and I haven't heard about the war starting anywhere.  Where is all this criticizm and animosity coming from.  Hell, that is why they are winning, some of us are too busy attacking each other.  Just about every post about any subject always winds up with somebody talking about great they are and all the rest of us are losers because we aren't doing anything, even though the instigators aren't doing anything either.

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
LARRY G:

If what I said before sounded like I thought nobody here was doing anything, then I apologize for that.

One thing I wish more people would do is run for public office on a "third party" ticket. Almost any old third party will do in a pinch, but it is usually possible to find a 100% pro-gun one that jibes fairly closely to your own particular beliefs overall. The Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party are a couple excellent choices.

Ballot access depends on your state laws, but if the party you pick qualifies and you properly get your name in as a candidate, then the real fun begins. You will be excluded from some private dinner type events that the D's and R's will be invited to, but most fair-minded groups, such as the anti-gun League of Women Voters, will invite you to debates and forums they organize. Public television and radio are obligated by law to extend equal time to all candidates -- though it sometimes takes a court case to prove it.

Your state rep. or congressman voted for gun control laws? Just think of the fun you'll have bringing up a subject that he really doesn't want to talk about in front of an audience of hundreds. Live TV with phoned-in questions? Get all your buddies lined up with thorny questions and jam the phone lines.

Got a Republican candidate that hesitates to make strong commitments to defending your rights? Your presence in the debate pulls the "middle" over to the pro-gun side and encourages him to make favorable promises.

The League of Women Voters even has a site (DNet) that allows you to easily put a huge amount of information online, addressing issues YOU want to talk about. It's virtually like having your own website, except totally free and more likely to be viewed by average voters. Your state bureau of elections may allow you to post a statement on their site, and the U.S. Department of Defense lets you make a voice recording for the benefit of military voters overseas. It's also amazing the trouble a guy can stir up with a 100 dollar FAX machine sending out news releases to local media.

I have done all this twice, and though I personally never got more that 1.5% of the vote I know my congressman winces every time he sees me. And he knows if he votes for gun control again I will be right back there at every debate and every forum reminding the public over and over again of his treachery.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
"I wanted employees to see the face of someone impacted by gun violence."

Wow, that's a terrible abuse of the word "impact."  Very poor English!

BTW--I was *affected* by gun violence in a positive way--when I pointed my 12 gauge at a guy trying to break in my apartment (in 1996) and told him to get the fuck out of my house.  I wonder if the perp will show up at NRA hq demanding to be heard.  My guess is probably not...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh and one other thing, for those of you who suggest we go out and protest and get arrested.  That's just perfect, then I won't be able to *own* any guns after my arrest, they'll use that as a bullshit reason to take them away permanently.

Honestly, I'm tired of writing letters no one reads, and I'm tired of defending what should be obvious to everyone.  If they can't figure it out, fuck 'em.  I was sitting in a "Hair Cuttery" place today getting a haircut and the idiot soccer-mom bitch next to me was droning on and on with the stylist woman about how evil guns are and how her son went on a church outing and came back with a squirt gun and how she was horrified.  The stylist agreed and even said she had been in the army and was (and I quote) "afraid to even clean the rifle they issued me."  

I wanted to say something, but how can you argue with those who have such irrational fears?  What good does logic or reason do?  None.  They've made up their minds to be sheep and are happy little Dan-Rather watching, tax-paying, statists.  So I kept my mouth shut and left when my haircut was finished.  But I went around all afternoon kicking myself for not speaking up somehow.  Wish I could find an honest-to-god barbershop, but the yuppie hell has enveloped me (and the barber in town is really *bad* at his craft).

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Boomer, Mtnpatriot: real funny keep laughing over the loss of the guys son.

The-Survivalist, t-rex, Paul, and Sodie: real mature, name calling, good image for gun-owners.

fatym4: give him some space, he desrves it (you don't have to agree with him, other than the fact losing a child is tough)

Thebeekeeper1: New lows.

Snperm88: real good image, planning crimes.

None of you do any good by showing what immature people you are with comments like that. You make us all look bad. What is next a big "sez you", or "oh yeah".

Why not admit it would be tough to lose a child. Then add that there were no AW's involved in the incident, so banning AW's makes no sense. You could also point out there are also laws against making bombs and killing people, and the BG's had no problem ignoring those laws. Mauser could be an effective anti- given his experience, you only add to his effectiveness by inappropriate comments.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This reminds me that I have to renew my NRA membership soon. Thanks Mauser.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He may be on the other team, but he is committed to his cause. More so than most NRA members.

View Quote

He was committed for a whole 40 minutes!  Wooo hoo!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe if there had been ARMED SECURITY GUARDS present at the school this might have been prevented. It cerently wouldn't have turned out any worse. Schools are much different than when we went to school. My sister inlaw, teaches in a public city school. She says are daily shakedowns for drugs and weapons. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#12]
TOO MANY WANT TO BE CODDLED.
WHAT ABOUT THE KNIFE IN JAPAN!
YOU MUST TEACH RESPONSIBILITY AND SELF AWARENESS TO YOUR KIDS IT AIN'T A NICE WORLD OUT THERE. SELF RELIANCE AND SELF DEFENSE AND A GOOD WEAPON WITH A SHARP MIND GO A LONG WAY IN KEEPING YOUR KIDS SAFE.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've thought about this post for about an hour and decided to go for it.  There was another man who lost his beautiful daughter in the same sad incident.  He was thrust into the limelight and he emphatically stated the NRA, the gun, etc. were not at fault--the killers were solely to blame.  I do not know his name.  Know why?  He was gone from the public view instantly.  The a$$hole referred to in this article is pissing on his son's grave by trying to exploit the boy's horrible death.  He is a greedy moron and I hope his boy was his only offspring so the bloodline stops when this shit-for-brains dies.  We are in a war people.  A cultural war, but a war nevertheless.  We are losing because most of us don't realize what is happening.  I do understand, and hence, my harsh attitude toward this enemy.  First rule of battle--show no mercy.  Second--kill the enemy before he kills you.  This man is our enemy.  
View Quote

"pissing on his son's grave exploiting his boys
death" Mirrors my thoughts on his actions. When
Mauser blames the NRA for the death of his son
he excuses those who are culpable for the slaughter at Colombine; the police who were
notified that there were two wackos threatening to kill fellow students, the school administrators, the parents who were too busy
to notice what was going on in their own homes
and garages, et al.. I suffer no fools. Mauser is a fool. " my son and I were discussing the
gunshow loophole two weeks before his murder".
I don't believe a word of it! He is nothing but a Whore being PIMPED by the HCI GANG. I would say that to his face given the chance.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:(:

Thebeekeeper1: New lows.

Why not admit it would be tough to lose a child. Then add that there were no AW's involved in the incident, so banning AW's makes no sense. You could also point out there are also laws against making bombs and killing people, and the BG's had no problem ignoring those laws. Mauser could be an effective anti- given his experience, you only add to his effectiveness by inappropriate comments.
View Quote

Thanks.

Okay, it is very tough to lose a child.  The way to react to that is to work to strip the law abiding of their rights?  Banning AW's makes no sense?  Calmly point this out?  That's what the Jews did on the way to the gas chambers.  I hope I'm not out of line making this comparison.  I mean no disrespect to the victims of the Holocaust.  "Pointing out things" just wastes time and accomplishes nothing.  Our enemies do not need help in finding ammunition to use against us.  Get a clue.
View Quote

I have a clue, the anti's have effective media and Congressional relations, that's why they get some of the laws they want.

This isn't the Holocaust. But if you respond like you did you give the anti's ammo to use against you. Nobody ever won an arguement based on how loud they yelled, in fact they just made a spectacle of themselves.

Not to long ago several members here were scooting over to some democrat web-site. The commented on the uninformed post and juvenile behavior. Don't you think this web-site gets visited? How you act, in person or on the web-site reflects on all other gun-owners. Please stop wearing the "Special Forces, Kill'em all Let god Sort Them Out", T-shirt when you got to the range.

There are many more fence-sitters or just distinterested people then pro- or anti's. Your behavior probably won't ever convince an anit- that they are wrong. But outbursts like the ones on the post could move some fence-sitters or make people who othererwise would be interested become interested ,in a bad way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#16]
You don't have to be nice. Don't be a sheeple, sorry new word from the tin-foil beret crowd. But don't be rude. You can still fight the wrong headed ideas that people espouse without calling names or getting personal. Don't call 'em stupid but point out that there scheme is well stupid. Don't let them goad you into over-reaction. Don't let them intellectualize "gun-violence". Point out it is CRIMINALS who commit crimes and acts of violence.

In the county that I live in over half the homicides are committed with weapons other than firearms. Most commonly knifes. Hammers, baseball bats, and bare hands are also common. Handguns are the most commonly used firearm. Many of the firearm killings are comitted by felons that are prohibited from legally possesing handguns anyway. There really can't be total weapons control, cars are very deadly and very common, and I doubt they will get banned, but if someone want to misuse one......

When the anti's start up we should be countering their statistics with statistics of who exactly is killing other people with guns, it's usally criminals.

"43% of statistics are made up on the spot" -sorry I forgot who said it but it has a ring of truth to it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#18]

fatym4: give him some space, he desrves it (you don't have to agree with him, other than the fact losing a child is tough)
View Quote

he can all the space he wants - perhaps you read something INTO my posts?? - infact you basically re-wrote my whole point in the first paragraph of your post above!

But don't be rude. You can still fight the wrong headed ideas that people espouse without
              calling names or getting personal. Don't call 'em stupid but point out that there scheme is
              well stupid. Don't let them goad you into over-reaction. Don't let them intellectualize
              "gun-violence". Point out it is CRIMINALS who commit crimes and acts of violence.
View Quote

do we agree or disagree on this? i'm confused!
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#19]
He should go after something that can make a difference.  Like speeders more people are killed from speeding cars every week than a year of firearm related shootings.  In addition I believe the shooters at Columbine used a vehicle to transport the weapons.  He should lobby for mandatory wheel locks, no he should just take away the cars.  The right to keep and bare vehicles is not even an amendment right.  

This weekend Dallas Market Hall everybody come on down buy a gun and let's piss off Mr. Mauser with some good old American freedom.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
this guy has no other outlet for his grief than to become a gun grabber? this saddens and sickens me.
View Quote

the last sentence probably isn't needed and seems to me to run the guy down more than neccesary.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Can we say publicity stunt! He knew he would be arrested. That is how you get nationwide news coverage. He is one that needs to be watched, accidental gun deaths are down. Crime is down, maybe he can blame global warming on shooting a gun....oops I should not have said that, might give them ideas!
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#23]

the last sentence probably isn't needed and seems to me to run the guy down more than neccesary.
View Quote

in all fairness, i could see where some clarification is necessary.

it saddens me to think that:
1) this guy lost a son
2) that his grief is so severe that he is driven to stand alone, against jeering onlookers, to prove a point and deal with possible anger/hostility issues.

it sickens me that THIS is the path he chose - to try and INFRINGE upon my rights like that - i'm sorry, but i'm totally against any action in this direction - REGARDLESS OF MOTIVE.
it also makes me nauseous to think that now, after his loss, his position is probably solidified beyond hope.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
this guy has no other outlet for his grief than to become a gun grabber? this saddens and sickens me.
View Quote

View Quote

No AR,
Do you have the same attitude toward Sarah Brady and her drool-on-command pull toy?  I really think you are cutting our enemies waaaaay more slack than they would give us.
View Quote

No, I am worried that with comments in poor taste weapons owners will appear to be immature or thoughtless. We don't need that, because the next thing that anti's will say [red] if they think like that, should they have deadly weapons??[/red].

As far as anti's I think, except in CA, NJ, MD, NY, and probably MA, they have hit their "high-water" mark. Prez BC used to get his mug on tv decrying "gun-violence" after every school shooting or workplace shooting. The new guy hasn't done that, and I don't think he will.

Many anti's are becoming seen as SHRILL huxsters that are taking away everbody's freedoms. The 10 round ban has effected about everyone involved in CCW or recreational shooting. Many people who could care less about AW bans have less of a sense of humor when they can't get a full cap mag for their "house gun". Because they realize that they have just met "gun control" and they don't like it.

I think the .50 cal. thing will also backfire, since no .50 cals have been involved in crimes, and the moderate/fence-sitters know that.

If you want to fight anti's take a non-shooter, or a hunter to shoot with your AR-15 or other military looking gun. I talk to people at my work about 2nd Amendment issues, and that changes peoples perceptions about those issues. People figure out the anti's game very quickly, when the are interested.

FattyM4 yes his postion is clear, by the sounds of it he was an anti- before.

The NRA does a good job pointing out that weapons aren't the problem, criminals are. That is a tough point to refute.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He may be on the other team, but he is committed to his cause. More so than most NRA members.

View Quote

True..true.

BTW just how does Mr Mauser pay his bills? Who paid for his trip to Wash.DC? Last I heard he quit his job to go fulltime on his mad crusade. I seriously doubt he's living on govt. cheese and collecting welfare.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Mr. Mauser has suffered the kind of loss that the rest of us pray will never strike at our loved ones, he feels that his anger toward the NRA is justified on the grounds that they opposed the very laws that failed to protect his child.
I ask, where is his outrage with the gun banners who pushed thru the "Gun free school act" with the promises that it would shield the innocent?
Where is his fury with the politicians who passed the "Assault Weapons" act with the promise that it would make him and his loved ones safer?
Where is his indignation with the police who tell us " You don't need a gun, we will protect you", and stood idly by as the massacre continued?
Mr. Mauser, I suggest that you confront these people with your anguish, ask them why, with all the gun laws they have passed, with all their assurances of our increased safety, they have not created the perfect world they promised.
The reason is simple, evil will always walk amongst us. Since Cain raised a rock in anger, the hand of man has always been too easily turned against his brother. There is no easy answer to the problem, there never will be, but, to prevent the greater evil, the Stalins, the Hitlers, the killing fields and the death camps we must keep to ourselves the only means to resist such tyranny.
I grieve for your loss, but must refute your reasoning. The NRA stood against all the laws that failed to protect your child because they saw the falsehood of the promises, a falsehood borne out by the very act that they did nothing to prevent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

THAT'S A FIGHT IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS!  [-!-]

i mean...are you even reading my posts? aside from the part, the most important part, that you continue to reuse:

weapons aren't the problem, criminals are. That is a tough point to refute.  
View Quote

...which part EXACTLY gave you this horrible impression of me???
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

THAT'S A FIGHT IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS!  [-!-]

i mean...are you even reading my posts? aside from the part, the most important part, that you continue to reuse:

weapons aren't the problem, criminals are. That is a tough point to refute.  
View Quote

...which part EXACTLY gave you this horrible impression of me???
View Quote

your first post.

The comment that seems to have you riled now was in regards to your explanation of your first post.

My response was related to you saying Mauser was an anti' and probably would be forever. My repsonse was supposed to be in agreement to yours, except adding to it, "yes his position is clear, by the sounds of it he was anti- before" WAS REFFERRING TO MAUSER. The reason I put your name B4 that was it was adding (agreeing) to what you said.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 3:38:36 AM EDT
[#30]
NO-AR-:(,
NO harm, NO foul!
it just read like you were talking TO thebeekeeper1 ABOUT me! WHEW! gettin me all riled up like that!!! so, we are in agreement!

(a strategically placed comma would have avoided this BTW)  [;)]

and, yeah, i'm all for Mauser's expression of peacefull assembly, but i think his efforts would be better spent elsewhere - BTW, where is all the anti-gunner support? why was he alone anyway???

Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah or a semi-colon, I failed H.S. Typing I. And I was reading your posts, that's why I only had that minor point to make, elaborate on.

Unfortunatley I think with Mauser it will turn out that when his son was killed he lost most of what was important to him and he will live the rest of his life raging.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#32]
In my state car dealers have to be licensed.  I am trying to sell two of my vehicles - my personal property.  Does that make me an "unlicensed dealer"?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top