Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Financially I'm about the same.  Everything is more expensive.  My healthcare plan has increased close to 40% in the past 6 years.  I'm still managing to save but it's not growing as fast as it did in the past.

In other aspects of my life I'm doing better than I ever have.  Two wonderful kids that are growing up fast and a good wife who stills turns me on as much or more than when we started dating nearly 18 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me personally, yes. Obama is one hell of a gun salesman.
View Quote

LMAO no kidding!

My salary and insurance are the same they've been so technically I'm worse off since things are getting more expensive and the price of gas magically will not drop under obama. Still can't believe that never even gets mentioned anymore. Average gallon of gas was about $1.75 when he took over, been over $3.00 ever since.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. Graduated college, found a job, left it for a better job.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Me & my family's well being has sustained the ebb n flow of life. We are no worse off than before. Everything I have and have achieved has absolutely NOTHING to do with FBHO. There ain't no sucking from the .gov teet here...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
A better question would be,
Are you better off because of the Obama administration and it's policies?
I am not. I have seen my health insurance triple in recent years, taking any cost of living increases with it.
Gas prices have doubled,
I heard the jug eared kenyan quote Reagan and say that the facts would speak for him.
The fact is that only imbeciles believe his lies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, but I moved forward in my career. Things like insurance were better for me 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]
i definitely am, but the reasons behind that have nothing to do with the government, and i am better off monetarily in spite of rising taxes and healthcare costs.  let's have another poll a few years from now and see where we are.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes.  But it has nothing to do with Big O's policies.

Of course, I guess he would say that "I didn't build that"...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, retired and making more money.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#10]
same...just six years deader.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]
About the same, my W2 says I am better off but with the cost of living etc we are about the same, Wife just got a nice raise yesterday so we do have something to hang our hat on.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Worse off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, but none of it is due to this Administration.  I would say that it would be "in spite" of this Admin.

I have 2 great children under the age of 6.
I make more than I did 6 years ago.  That is after 2 years of being laid off.  The money doesn't go as far, either.  Prices are WAY up.  Food, utilities, clothing, vehicles, etc.
I'm about to finish my degree, which should help as well.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I am better off than I was, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be better off than I am.

All that means is I'm good at overcoming diversity, and have set myself up to weather this storm. Fuck him for trying to say I'm better off for having him in office.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
About the same,although paying in more in taxes and health insurance.

And the big pisser for me is the ZERO percent interest rates.My IRA and savings aren't earning jack.

Doubt it would be any different under Romney.

FBHO and the gov.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope, laid off as of next tuesday because of his policy saying only minority, disabled, female owned companies can bid on government contracts.

This makes sure that they are teeny tiny companies that cant afford to pay someone living in Va anywhere near what they need to live in this God foresaken shit hole.

So, I either take a 30k a year pay cut to make sure we can be all PC and "nice" or I have to look for something that will actually pay my bills and keep me from having to eat my dogs.

FBHO
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#17]
No.  I'm on the wrong side of 30 now.  

Thanks, Obama.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, but it has nothing to do with Obama. I'm sure I would be even better off without him
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, But only because of an inheritance.  Otherwise I would be worse off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Medical care is costing me a lot more than it used to, but I married and had children in the time frame given. Part of that is Obamas fault, as my health plan deductibles have doubled, and co-pays as well. I'm thankful I have insurance, but it's costing me more out of pocket to use it.

Money wise, my income is stagnant, maybe up just a little bit. But things generally cost more now, than they did then. I'm in more debt now, than I was 6 years ago. Thankfully, I make my payments on time, and I'm slowing chipping away at things.

I think the USA is less secure, at home, and our overseas interests. I think the Federal Government is more intrusive than it was, and less transparent. I'd like to see a whole bunch of Feds get a haircut and or downsized. On a State level, I feel a bit better about things. I'm lucky to live in a pretty conservative state.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Worse.

Inputs have doubled, crop prices have dropped to below mid 90's levels for the last 5 years. Inflation has ate up the difference created by increased efficiency, market has taken a huge hit due directly due to Obongo ineptitude.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I am, despite Owebama and his merry minstrel band of buttfuckers in DC.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Absolutely.  Six years ago I was semi-employed making $9 an hour.  Much better off now, not even close.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Financially? Yes, by far. My income has functionally about doubled from 2008.

I do have deep concerns about the direction and the security of this nation that I wouldn't have imagined possible 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Financially I am worse off, I have not had a raise in 8 years and everything has gone up in price.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I am but it sure as fuck isn't because of him and his regime.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Better off how ?

Better off financially ?
No
But BHO had nothing to do with it. I retired and now work part time.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#29]
No. Five years ago the wife and I, both healthcare workers, were laid off from our respective jobs on the same damn day. Only two months ago did she finally find full-time employment after working two per diem jobs. I still am part-time at one place, and work per diem at two others.

So while things are a little better than say 3-4 months ago, we're nowhere near in as good as shape as six years ago. Did I say we are healthcare workers?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#30]
No.
I was laid off after 10 years with a fortune 50 company and spent the next 365 days unemployed.  
My current position pays 30% less than the previous one, I am at the top of the pay scale and have not received a single raise since coming here.  I also have 3 weeks less vacation per year.
Gas was $1.50 per gallon.
A loaf of bread was 79 cents.
Beef, pork, chicken and fish have doubled in price.
Medical, dental, vision insurance have more than doubled in price and the deductibles have increased by 40%.
I would say I have "lost" about $200k-$250k in income over the last 6 years, and the additional resultant loss of pension/matching 401K contributions is very substantial.
I would say my real purchasing power has been cut in half over the last 6 years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Starting two years ago, things were gangbusters at work, were rolling in cash. Fat raise, bonus. Were still rolling in cash but inflation is eating my "profit margin"

Hoping to get a raise that keeps up with inflation. I am currently reassessing where to cut bills.

ETA :Still trying to find a way to refi. Its crazy, I have 8.25% rate, can cut it to 3.75 and it save a wholy $75 a mnth
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#32]
yes but nothing to do with Obama. 6 years ago i was in college working a minimum wage job, now ive graduated and have a real career making good money. Also have since marrier, bought a house, new cars, a dog and can afford hobbies like guns!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, now I have a nice house, a beautiful wife, and two adorable kids so, no.

;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Everything has gotten more expensive, but my salary has not changed.  So no.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#35]
At 19 I was in college, broke, and not getting enough action
Now I have a career, a bit of excess income, but still not getting enough action though. But hey, I am thinking about buying a new car.

Edit: I cant spell for shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#36]
no  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#37]
yes, but has nothing to do with Obama or anything he has done. Just worked harder and a few things fell into place.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Way better.  

No thanks to obama,  but I now work for the fastest growing industrial sales rep company in Texas.   I have known my boss for 20+ years and saw this move coming for years now, it happened in the last year.  I took a significant raise in pay and commission checks grow every month

Fuck obama
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#39]
No.  It's the state's fault, not the Fed, too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes. My stock portfolio gone up 670% but that wasn't because of Obama.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

No.

I was laid off after 10 years with a fortune 50 company and spent the next 365 days unemployed.  

My current position pays 30% less than the previous one, I am at the top of the pay scale and have not received a single raise since coming here.  I also have 3 weeks less vacation per year.

Gas was $1.50 per gallon.

A loaf of bread was 79 cents.

Beef, pork, chicken and fish have doubled in price.

Medical, dental, vision insurance have more than doubled in price and the deductibles have increased by 40%.

I would say I have "lost" about $200k-$250k in income over the last 6 years, and the additional resultant loss of pension/matching 401K contributions is very substantial.

I would say my real purchasing power has been cut in half over the last 6 years.
View Quote

Sorry to hear it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes but only because I sold my private stock (private equity) and got the fuck out as well as my wife graduating fellowship afterwards. One of the main reasons we did this was that we knew we'd have to move for her job anyways and figured it was a good time to sell for tax reasons as we'd have to pay more if I sold while she was practicing.

Now I completely stay out of anything as the 40% tax bracket can kiss my ass and I refuse to pay into it, or social security.

Other than that, any government policies/changes/whatever have done absolutely ZERO to improve either of our lives.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#43]
WAY, WAY, WAY better off.

My AGI (adjusted gross income) more than doubled.
Got married.
Had two awesome kids
Live in a nicer house
Drive two nicer/newer vehicles, both of which are paid for in cash.
401K has grown 5x.
Personal savings significantly higher.
Own an income generating rental property.
No debt other than mortgages.
GREAT health insurance plan.

I had to work my ass off for it, but I am extremely thankful/grateful to be able to live in a country that affords this much opportunity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Got married.

Had two awesome kids

Live in a nicer house

401K has grown 5x.

I had to work my ass off for it, but I am extremely thankful/grateful to be able to live in a country that affords this much opportunity.
View Quote

Congrats!

Twins?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#45]
yes, but not thanks to anything that fuck head has done.

I'd be in a better place now than I was 6 years ago regardless of what the government does....though it would have been an easier road without his policies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA :Still trying to find a way to refi. Its crazy, I have 8.25% rate, can cut it to 3.75 and it save a wholy $75 a mnth
View Quote

That makes no sense.

Either your balance is low, or you are changing the term.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#47]
yes, i lost my job in 08.

it was fun and i would do it again it just cost me an m16 i was saving up for.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Congrats!

Twins?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got married.
Had two awesome kids
Live in a nicer house
401K has grown 5x.

Congrats!

Twins?

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh my god, SO much better off.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top