User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Are we at war with Islam?

Yes. The Islamic religion is our enemy.

No, but we are at war with Islamist radicals.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

I honestly can't pick either option.  We are not at war with the whole of Islam (yet).  If we were you would know, big time.  We are at war with a rather sizeable portion of Islam that represents approximately 10-15% of Islam.  I do think that the radicals are gaining ground though.  Hopefully the US and our allies can win this war without a fullscale war against 1.5 billion people.  That'd be a hell of a bloodbath.

So while we (The US) are not at war with Islam, I do consider Islam to be my enemy personally.  There are many reasons for this but here are the main 3.  As an Atheist, Islam directly calls for my murder.  Islamists have also attacked my nation and killed many of my countrymen with no Jihad waged against them by 'moderate' Muslims.  My wife has narrowly avoided being killed by Islamic terrorists 2 times, and was too close for comfort a 3rd time.  

That is my take on the matter.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Islam is at War with us, and unfortunately, that is enough.  

It is only the arrogance of the Western World that allows our current day "War on Terror" nonsense.

All of you silly "open minded" folks can ask yourself this:  What would happen if the power positions were reversed?

The Muslim Nations have ICBM's, Total military superiority over Air, Land and Sea.  The ability to project and supply armies anywhere in the world at a moments notice.  

Would they allow the status quo?   Would they let us live in peace?            Of course not.

We would be enslaved or killed according to the principles of their ideology.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask Thomas Jefferson ....
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I just checked, He's dead.  

What did he say on the matter.  Give us the quote.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is only the arrogance of the Western World that allows our current day "War on Terror" nonsense.

All of you silly "open minded" folks can ask yourself this:  What would happen if the power positions were reversed?

The Muslim Nations have ICBM's, Total military superiority over Air, Land and Sea.  The ability to project and supply armies anywhere in the world at a moments notice.  

Would they allow the status quo?   Would they let us live in peace?            Of course not.

EXACTAMUNDO.....Good Man. Simple and concise.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If Islam means submission (to Allah) and our world is about individual Freedom I'd say they are not compatible.  How, or if that means War or some lower intensity conflict like separate TV systems we'll have to wait and see
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#7]
At war?   There is activity in the staging areas, but no outright conflict... yet.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Not with the religion, with its believers.  And only those that think they have some kind of mandate to kill anyone who doesn't behave just like they do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Government, religious and military leaders continue to declare that we are not at war with Islam or Muslims. I'm still waiting for the leaders of the Muslim states and Islamic religious and military leaders to say they are not at war with Christians and Jews.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well said

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive  

" Paying tribute will merely invite more demands, and even if a coalition proves workable, the only solution is a strong navy that can reach the pirates, Jefferson argued in an August 18, 1786, letter to James Monroe: "The states must see the rod; perhaps it must be felt by some one of them. . . . Every national citizen must wish to see an effective instrument of coercion, and should fear to see it on any other element than the water. A naval force can never endanger our liberties, nor occasion bloodshed; a land force would do both." "From what I learn from the temper of my countrymen and their tenaciousness of their money," Jefferson added in a December 26, 1786, letter to the president of Yale College, Ezra Stiles, "it will be more easy to raise ships and men to fight these pirates into reason, than money to bribe them."

"lastly our determination to prefer war in all cases to tribute under any form, and to any people whatever,"

Bear in mind we fought with them from 1795 to 1830 when we finally forced peace after the second war of Algiers.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I am.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive    

" Paying tribute will merely invite more demands, and even if a coalition proves workable, the only solution is a strong navy that can reach the pirates, Jefferson argued in an August 18, 1786, letter to James Monroe: "The states must see the rod; perhaps it must be felt by some one of them. . . . Every national citizen must wish to see an effective instrument of coercion, and should fear to see it on any other element than the water. A naval force can never endanger our liberties, nor occasion bloodshed; a land force would do both." "From what I learn from the temper of my countrymen and their tenaciousness of their money," Jefferson added in a December 26, 1786, letter to the president of Yale College, Ezra Stiles, "it will be more easy to raise ships and men to fight these pirates into reason, than money to bribe them."

"lastly our determination to prefer war in all cases to tribute under any form, and to any people whatever,"

God grant us another Thomas Jefferson.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]
they are at war with us...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Barack Obama says we're not.

He may not be but, I don't think he has our countries best interest at heart.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Bush set us on this war, and he himself stated we are NOT at war with Islam.

We are war with those who planned and attacked us on 9/11 and those who harbor them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Our generation can fight Islam abroad, or the next generation can fight it at home.

Why wait?  Head up to Dearborn MI and wage war on all the Jihadis ruthlessly buying our Escalades and Navis while they sell us gas and halal pizzas or engage in cowardly acts of sandwich artistry at their Subways. Remain vigilant lest they poison you with a delicious schwarma or suicide pita dipped in infidel hummus.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our generation can fight Islam abroad, or the next generation can fight it at home.

Why wait? Head up to Dearborn MI and wage war on all the Jihadis ruthlessly buying our Escalades and Navis while they sell us gas and halal pizzas or engage in cowardly acts of sandwich artistry at their Subways. Remain vigilant lest they poison you with a delicious schwarma or suicide pita dipped in infidel hummus.

No fucking shit. We got something like 4 million muslims here. They don't seem like they're anxious kill all of us "infidels"

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we aren't, also.

Takes courage to say something so obviously correct on here. ARFCOM is in a sad state when a statement as innocuous as "We are not at war with Islam" results in five+ pages of bile, invective, and BS about the president.

LOL. This is gonna go well.....

Not with Islam, but we are with some Muslims.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
It is quite simple. We cannot allow islam to take the planet. America ( or a segment of it ) is all that stands in the way.

We seriously need to stop playing and get busy.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Rule one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top