Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Like it or not, the Pink Pistols are part of the "Gun Community". The Gun Community consists of firearm owners and non-owner supporters. I don't distinguish Gun Owners by their other politics or lifestyles. When it comes to RKBA in America, you are either with us or against us. We can fight the other politcs out after everyone is fully armed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Like it or not, the Pink Pistols are part of the "Gun Community". The Gun Community consists of firearm owners and non-owner supporters. I don't distinguish Gun Owners by their other politics or lifestyles. When it comes to RKBA in America, you are either with us or against us. We can fight the other politcs out after everyone is fully armed.
View Quote

Im sorry I have to make an exception in this case. The way I see it is that they are making a case for disarming EVERYBODY because they have to carry a gun to defend themselves not from fringe, violent or criminal elements but from "Straights". The agenda they are pushing is that guns are a necessary evil because of the "Breeders". I own guns for many reasons, one being  for self protection. I also love sport shooting and just the gadget factor and exclusivity. To me its like associating with Neo Natzi skinheads "(that also have guns for less than wholesome reasons) with regards to the pink pistol group. They are not saying with their actions "Hey I love guns!" They are saying "I feel so threatened by heterosexuals that I need to get a gun!"

Stupid, just plain stupid.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Fully prepared for the hail of insults that will doubtless follow, let me say, for those of you who think it's a choice, you're wrong. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Posted by BenDover:
Like it or not, the Pink Pistols are part of the "Gun Community". [b]The Gun Community consists[/b] of firearm owners and non-owner supporters. I don't distinguish Gun Owners by their other politics or lifestyles.
View Quote

Then murders are OK, and mentally healthy by your reasoning.  

Posted by the   thebeekeeper1:
They truly need to have the means to defend themselves--just like you.
View Quote

How does the need for defense make me and a homosexual equal?  

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Prove the counter side. Childish enough for you?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Being a human being makes you equal.
View Quote

Silly moderator, tricks are for kids. murderers/molesters/victimizers/homo's in general are humans too, doesn't mean I'm equal to them.

the need for self defense does not make you equal.
View Quote

That's what your fellow moderator (BenDover) and YOU are indicating; is that [b]ALL[/b] who fall under the need for self defense, or the need to own a gun are equal.  Can you read?

you are fully the equal of any homosexual
View Quote

By your standards only......which isn't much.

Now, don't you feel special?
View Quote

Getting personal? Maybe you shouldn't be a moderator if my opinions effect you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not true, AKADave.  Physical assaults on homosexuals are astronomically high.  They truly need to have the means to defend themselves--just like you.  
View Quote

Believe it or not I live in a place that has a larger per-capita gay community than much of the country. There are not any  more assualts on gays for their oriantation than those straights  that are in the wrong part of town at the wrong time of the night. Statistically I should see this astronomically hight percentage but given the the heavily left wing and only newspaper in town doesnt report this tells me its a non-issue. The gay community is VERY vocal about everything in general and tends to get more than their share of publicity. I believe that the Pink Pistol group is underhanded at its core and is nothing more than an agenda tool. It doesnt take a great deal of intelligence or paranoia to see this (if you want to cover the spectrum). Again are they looking just for protection from the cruel world that picks on them unmercifully or are they engaging in another activist ploy? I have gay friends and I work with gay people. The ones I know are neither beaten regularly, threatened or persecuted at work. Of course they dont go around blowing each other in public bathrooms so they tend to avoid potentially dangerous situations. I sickens me that even in the campgrounds in my state they still have lurkers and glory holes for risky clandestine homosexual activity in the outhouses for shit sake!

Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fully prepared for the hail of insults that will doubtless follow, let me say, for those of you who think it's a choice, you're wrong. Simple as that.
View Quote

First volly: Doody head!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Believe it or not I live in a place that has a larger per-capita gay community than much of the country. There are not any  more assualts on gays for their oriantation than those straights  that are in the wrong part of town at the wrong time of the night. Statistically I should see this astronomically hight percentage but given the the heavily left wing and only newspaper in town doesnt report this tells me its a non-issue. The gay community is VERY vocal about everything in general and tends to get more than their share of publicity.
View Quote

Statistically, sure...but realistically, no.  Places where the concentration is far lower are more likely to have incidence of assault on gay and lesbian people.  areas with a higher concentration are more likely to be accepting of them.  

Of course they dont go around blowing each other in public bathrooms so they tend to avoid potentially dangerous situations.
View Quote

Gosh, that sounds like what most reasonably minded people do!! What a shock!  Who would ever think that someone would try and avoid dangerous situations on purpose?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm being quite genuine when I tell you that I now consider myself one of the gang...I've had an epithet hurled my way.

Thanks. (no kiddin')
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#15]
If someone is pro-gun and votes that way, then I will welcome them to the fight.

Who am I to discourage pro-rights voters by being a bigot.

In case you missed the point.... we need the votes.  We need as many liberal minds swinging [sorry 'bout that] our way as we can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If someone is pro-gun and votes that way, then I will welcome them to the fight.

Who am I to discourage pro-rights voters by being a bigot.

In case you missed the point.... we need the votes.  We need as many liberal minds swinging [sorry 'bout that] our way as we can.
View Quote

EXACTAMUNDO!!! Until our RKBA is secure, I will take the votes from wherever, for whatever their motive. AKADAVE is advocating the fragmentation of the gun vote by doing what he disagrees with, segmenting and classifying. We don't have the luxury of defining ourselves as straight gun owners, black gun owners, catholic gun owners, etc... with all the related weakening that comes with the subclassification. The partisanship has to be put aside until our rights are preserved. Then we can worry about gay or black or jewish or krishna gun owners.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Whoa!

The first thing I want to know is why I even [u]know[/u] that someone is a homosexual?

I never go around bragging that I am a raving heterosexual, why do I need to hear someone tell me that he or she is a homosexual?

So if someone is standing next to me at a pro-gun rally, the last thing I want to know about is there sexual preferences.

I will not be assuming they are either gay or straight, because that issue won't even be on the radar.

If they are, however, holding a sign that says something such as 'I'm a Gay with a Gun and I Vote', I would just slowly move away.

I wouldn't purposefully offend them, cause I want their vote, but I wouldn't appreciate their bringing unnecessary side issues into the more important battle of safeguarding the RKBA.

If my neighbor comes over and attempts to tell me a story about how he schtupped his wife the previous evening, I would not want to listen.

No more than I would want to listen to some gay guy describe his previous assignations.

Eric The(Sensible)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#18]
How can they be?

[thinking]
Oh, they can't, since "Gay" isn't a race.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#19]
1 - By definition discrimination against homosexuals, bi-sexuals, lesbians and transgender individuals is not considered racism.  It is considered sexism.

2 - Humans do not choose their sexual orientation.

3 - Prisons, where large communities of sociopaths are confined together without the benefit of "normal" sexual relations, is not a good example of "choice" in the whole nature vs. nurture debate.  Some deranged men choose to dominate their fellow inmates via sodomy.  Arguing from the extremes is never fruitful.

4 - I have friends and aquaintances who are homosexuals.  However, I don't have any friends who are French!  See what I'm saying here?

5 - In my humble opinion, the whole "special rights" issue is simply a bit of rhetoric that is employed in an attempt to deny homosexuals of the same civil liberties and legal guanantees that you and I share.

6 - Gay bashing is a sign of low intelligence.

7 - French bashing is cool!
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Whoa, again, I say!

Post from PINGi3 -
5 - In my humble opinion, the whole "special rights" issue is simply a bit of rhetoric that is employed in an attempt to deny homosexuals of the same civil liberties and legal guanantees that you and I share.
View Quote

Who wants to deny homosexuals their basic civil liberties? Not I!

What I don't want is to provide them with all of the 'special' civil rights that they are claiming.

I have no civil right to be a Girl Scout Master and take a troop of young girls out for an overnight camping trip, do I?

Then why are homosexuals seeking recognition of a civil right to be Boy Scout Masters so they can take a troop of young boys out for an overnight camping trip?
6 - Gay bashing is a sing of low intelligence.
View Quote

If we are simply talking about jokes, you know that this is not true - some of the best jokes with the wittiest punchlines are those that may involve both sexual and racial stereotypes.

The reason that such jokes are frowned upon has nothing to do with any lack of wit or intelligence, but maybe more to do with lack of tact, courtesy, or political correctness.

Anyway, that's how I see it!

Eric The(NonOffensive)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Eric,

You're right.  We have lost all sense of proportion.  I too find humor to be quite stimulating... intellectually that is![:D]

I do think, however, that the whole scoutmaster debate is another issue.

PING (the tongue in cheek) i3[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If my neighbor comes over and attempts to tell me a story about how he schtupped his wife the previous evening, I would not want to listen.
View Quote

No?  It might be entertaining!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree with the sentiments of BenDover, beekeper and others.

[b]Despite our recent gains, our gun rights are very precariously positioned.  We don't have the luxury of driving away potential supporters.  We need every single supporter and vote that we can get.  If you don't like gays or any other group of people, don't associate with them.  But don't screw the rest of us by publicly indulging in your hatred of them and driving them into the anti-gun camp.  Like it or not, by posting this stuff here, you are tarring all of us with your brush.[/b]

Why people cannot understand this simple concept is beyond me.  Actually, why some people feel the need to bash any group of people different from themselves is itself puzzling.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I only truly bash ignorant and mean spirited people. Your total lack of understanding regarding my comments puzzles me and gives me cause to bash you per above statement.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can't forget about our friends at the

[url]http://www.pinkpistols.org[/url]
View Quote

See, this is how ridiculous they get. Us against them mentality. The Pinkpistol crowd openly say that the get guns for defense against the straights not for self defense in general.
View Quote

Where do you get this from?  Please provide some citations and evidence.  I looked up their web site and cannot find anything to back up your claim.  You can read their FAQ at:
http://[url]www.pinkpistols.org/faq.html[/url]

Some excerpts from the above:

We work to build bridges between the shooting community and other communities, such as those based on alternative sexualities.
View Quote

You don't have to be gay to join us, any more than you have to be Black to support civil rights, or be Jewish to support the JPFO (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership).
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is what I want to know though....

Why is it that all my Gay freinds feel the need to proclaim their sexual preferences to everyone within ear shot?

I do not proclaim at every public event that I go to that I like Red Haired women with Big tits......

I am just curious

Oh and on the scoutmaster thing, they should not be allowed to be scoutmasters, adn Lesbians should not be allowed to be GuideMasters or whatever Girl guide leaders are called.

It is just not appropriate. Just liek it woudl not be appropriate for me to lead a troop of girls out for camping trips and whatnot.

('Course up here Scouts is now open to males and females, and I believe Gays are allowed to be leaders....  Good 'ol PC Canada, communism at it's finest, ost do not even realize it is Communism....)
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#27]

[moon][moon][moon][b][size=4]IBTL[/size=4][/b][bounce][bounce][bounce]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't know about Homos,but you should ask Don Frye what he thinks of the French!(Jerome Lebell).      Bob  [:D]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top