Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
In before OP complains that the cup holders in his car can't hold a 44oz slurpee and that powdered doughnut frosting makes it hard to hold the wheel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yay!  Another "I hate cyclists" thread!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Who has the right of way? Green bike or blue car?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm an avid cyclist, that being said I have rolled coal on more than a few of those assholes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm an avid cyclist, that being said I have rolled coal on more than a few of those assholes.
View Quote
Does the douchiness double or cancel out in your case?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And many people think you're a dumbass
View Quote
And many people also agree with you.

Physics...it's the LAW
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Huntersville has bike lanes all over the place.  Where are the cyclist riding?  In the middle of the fucking roadway holding up traffic.

Assholes
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you just use rational and GD in the same sentence???
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does the douchiness double or cancel out in your case?
View Quote
I don't ride in the middle of the road on my bicycle. If i did I would expect to be run down by drivers who are old, distracted or just dont give a fuck.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Stupid thread is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#11]
The ones with loud pipes are annoying and dress like sissies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bike and enjoy it.  I also follow the rules of the road.

Try riding a bike sometime OP and get off your lazy ass.
View Quote
You are probably not one of the "bike nazi's" .  The ones who legally ride 2 or 3 wide on the road blocking traffic.

Those are the ones I have a problem with. Had one killed a few years ago.   He apparently pissed off the wrong guy.  Ran him over. Never did find the driver responsible
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#13]
OP nailed it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is unsafe and illegal to ride on the sidewalk.
View Quote
Not all states or towns make it illegal to ride on a sidewalk.  Take Texas, for example.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I love the ones who zoom up to the sidewalk to bypass ref lights and stop signs then get back on the road and hold up traffic until the next light. At the next light they zoom back to the sidewalk and repeat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
But it is safe and legal to blow stop signs and red lights?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Y. Had one killed a few years ago.   He apparently pissed off the wrong guy.  Ran him over. Never did find the driver responsible
View Quote
The way you wrote that, YOU were responsible.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I've put many miles on bicycle, public roads and off-road. And I'll say I hate the aholes that pack up and ride twisty two lane country roads where you can't see them when you come around a corner.

I went on a nice long motorcycle ride last weekend with the brother in law. We ran across 5 or 6 of these groups, holding up traffic and trying to win Darwin awards.

I have  loud pipes on my Harley and the brother in laws pipes are even louder. My only regret is that they don't roll coal in addition to the noise as I pull in the clutch and rev the shit out of the bike as I pass them. I've seen a lot of close calls and near head on collisions because of the stupid places they ride.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I have known some people who bicycle.  They said the hardest thing about bicycling was telling their parents they were gay.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Armstrong is probably the greatest cyclist that ever lived. His mistake was to win too many times. Those guys who won 100 years ago while smoking and drinking might be better.

That said, the idiots who take their rides in matching spandex down a busy street, at rush hour, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk just 36" away, are stupid.  Just stupid.
View Quote
sidewalk riding is against the law in many locales.
pedestrians with earbuds and cyclists are a bad mix as well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not all states or towns make it illegal to ride on a sidewalk.  Take Texas, for example.
View Quote
Contrary to ARFCOM popular belief, Texas laws don't apply everywhere.

In many cases, this is a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#23]
It's bad enough driving most days, the last thing a sane person would do is say "yeah, I want to be a slow moving less maneuverable version of a motorbike."

There are roads that are great places to cycle with traffic that suits it.
There are roads that are shit places to cycle with traffic that'll fuckin kill you, narrow roads with poor visibility and nowhere for you or a driver to go if one of you goes full retard.

Guess which one I see people cycling on 9 times out of 10?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#25]
This thread just reminded me of the fact that I need to get better lights for my bicycle since I ride it to and from the gym at night.  I purchased some POS eBay specials just to have the required lighting due to being harassed by my cop neighbor at my old house.  It was his recommendation that I just get the POS eBay lights to avoid a potential citation from another officer who may not be as nice as he was.  

Now before anyone gets up in arms, the gym is at the entrance to my subdivision, so it's not like I am riding on major roadways with crap lighting.  My rear LED can be seen from a long distance but the mount is crap.  My front LED barely illuminates the road ahead of me and makes riding in the alleys with no street lights an exercise in using the force.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Having been a cyclist for the last 45 plus years I'll say that the vast majority of the ones I know and knew are more likely to be the smartest people you will ever come across.

Doctors, Lawyers, Computer Nerds, Mensa members, STEM grads, etc.  I pedaled way out of my league.

Even really really smart people do dumb things but I rarely encountered a Macdonalds fry cook in the pack or peloton. They were the ones driving automobiles-usually not very well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
99% of them.

If you are one of the 1%, good on you.

But the overwhelming majority are shitbags.
View Quote
Agreed. Cycling is the one hobby I have disdain for.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That said, the idiots who take their rides in matching spandex down a busy street, at rush hour, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk just 36" away, are stupid.  Just stupid.
View Quote
SIDEWALK = WALK = BICYCLES STAY THE FUCK OFF OF IT
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#29]
This thread would be a non issue if everyone exercised their responsibilities with only half as much energy as they use to scream about their rights.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#30]
As a cyclist I'd say yes 90% of the time, so take it easy on us guys who are making an effort not to piss you off.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Contrary to ARFCOM popular belief, Texas laws don't apply everywhere.

In many cases, this is a good thing.
View Quote
I am quite aware of that.  If you have reading comprehension skills you will see that my response was to a post that claimed riding on sidewalks was illegal, period.  My response simply indicates that is not the case EVERYWHERE, and pointed out one example.

What was your point again?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think it's funny how many people seem to take the Lance Armstrong doping deal so personally. Liar, sure, douche bag, maybe, but he completed in the most grueling cycling event on the planet, post cancer and beat all the other guys doping-repeatedly. I'm not a doping advocate by any means. Was the playing field level? Yeah, amongst the top riders at the time it was, because they all doped too.
View Quote
Fuckin A, nailed it. People get butt hurt but everyone else did it too. Does baseball doping come to mind? Lance slaughtered them at their own game either way

On topic, as a cyclist I hate the entitled asshole riders that don't stop at stops, ride too far into a lane, don't obey laws... JUST AS MUCH as brodozers driving like stupid cunts, college girls driving on cell phones, and motorcyclists that are endangering others (yes, I ride those too).

Sorry about your bad day with bikes but the world is full of fucktards
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#33]
And just because someone has to do it, there's only 1 person who has been able to use both hands for this photo

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#34]
My area of town is full of hipster douches that lazily ride their bikes in the middle of the road intentionally blocking traffic. Why? Because some morons thought it would be a neat experiment to make the bike lane the same as the travel lane to encourage alternative forms of transportation. And these morons don't even use lights half the time at night. I once got t-boned by a bicyclist while I was stopped at a stop sign. He thought I was going to keep going. IT'S A STOP SIGN.

I had a friend once prosecute and convict (at trial) a bicycle DUI. Warmed my heart.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.

A cyclist is far more dangerous to a pedestrian on the sidewalk than they are to a vehicle.

If you can't maneuver your F150 around a skinny dude in spandex on a pedal-bike, you probably shouldn't be driving.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Lol, the outraged liberal-like autistic screeching in this thread is exactly why I just dropped coin on a cycleops indoor trainer.  I only ride on the road when PD/SO has it closed for large events like races and charity rides.  There are too many distracted snowflakes and unstable lunatics driving to risk riding on the road in small groups.  

I'm tempted to buy a gravel or cross bike to get off the pavement, and this thread is why that market segment is growing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There won't ever be a rational gd thread about cyclists.
View Quote
I know, we've done this with truly jaw dropping results at least once a year since I have been here.
Anyone who suggests that cyclists are assholes is a fat, brain dead cretin who is too lazy to ride.
Cyclists are all arrogant assholes who make up their own rules...
Nope, no room for rational discussion with this topic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Having been a cyclist for the last 45 plus years I'll say that the vast majority of the ones I know and knew are more likely to be the smartest people you will ever come across.

Doctors, Lawyers, Computer Nerds, Mensa members, STEM grads, etc.
View Quote
Perfect example, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Honestly, I could give a fuck about them in the city. The assholes are the ones that come out in the country and ride on the 55mph 2 lanes. There are perfectly good bike trails in the suburbs and these dickbags come out here and ride in packs. More than once I've come up over a hill and had to slam on my brakes because they are taking up a full lane doing less than a tenth of the speed limit.
View Quote
God. Yes.

I live in "Outer Suburbia" not quite the "Country" but theres serious distance between houses here aside from the encroaching developments. Speed Limit is 55, Cyclist biking dead center of the lane, sometimes two abreast in a pack at the blistering speed of 15mph.

Go back to the City you snowflakes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Honestly, I could give a fuck about them in the city. The assholes are the ones that come out in the country and ride on the 55mph 2 lanes. There are perfectly good bike trails in the suburbs and these dickbags come out here and ride in packs. More than once I've come up over a hill and had to slam on my brakes because they are taking up a full lane doing less than a tenth of the speed limit.
View Quote
Or on a blind corner on a busy 2 lane with a  semi truck in the oncoming lane...now THAT will wake you up....
I hate entitlement mentality in all of its forms.
Take responsibility for your OWN safety.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
And now we're off on this aspect...
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Doctors, Lawyers, Computer Nerds, Mensa members, STEM grads, etc.  I pedaled way out of my league.

Even really really smart people do dumb things but I rarely encountered a Macdonalds fry cook in the pack or peloton. They were the ones driving automobiles-usually not very well.
View Quote
Move to a different part of town and the vast majority of cyclists you'll know are using a stolen bike as a getaway vehicle after robbing a carryout.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This.

A cyclist is far more dangerous to a pedestrian on the sidewalk than they are to a vehicle.

If you can't maneuver your F150 around a skinny dude in spandex on a pedal-bike, you probably shouldn't be driving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

QFT.  Have some empathy though.  Driving with your knees while holding a milkshake in one hand and a triple triple in the other is no easy task.  The enormous gut being in the way doesn't help either.  

I disdain cyclists who intentionally crowd the road.  I keep my cycling out of the city.  Fortunately, I live out in the sticks where there are an abundance of lightly traveled roads.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Why anyone would want to ride their bike on the street is beyond me.  People hate that you are there and you have no way to protect yourself from crazy and distracted drivers.  Get a Mtn bike, ride in the woods.  On days were the trails aren't rideable, there are always rails to trails, the beach or paved paths.  Sure its boring as hell, but so is sitting in the hospital after being run over on the street
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This thread would be a non issue if everyone exercised their responsibilities with only half as much energy as they use to scream about their rights.
View Quote
Murica....winning since 1776.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
99% of them.

If you are one of the 1%, good on you.

But the overwhelming majority are shitbags.
View Quote
This and NO beans in the chili
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#47]
I had my SUV broad-sided by one on Wednesday.  I was making a lawful right turn, and a cyclist who had been riding on the sidewalk (illegal at that particular location) rode into the street in the face of a steady DON'T WALK signal, thinking that the green traffic light that gave me the ROW entitled him to ride into the cross walk (it didn't.)

LEOs were summoned.  Harsh words were said.  No citations were issued.  I have some paint transfer on my right side doors (his handlebars are painted white, with latex paint fortunately.)

So yes, some of them are mentally defective.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think it's funny how many people seem to take the Lance Armstrong doping deal so personally. Liar, sure, douche bag, maybe, but he completed in the most grueling cycling event on the planet, post cancer and beat all the other guys doping-repeatedly. I'm not a doping advocate by any means. Was the playing field level? Yeah, amongst the top riders at the time it was, because they all doped too.
View Quote
He trained the best.
Was tactically the best.
Doped the best.
I don't really care. Was awesome to watch him beat all the other dopers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Defective? I don't think so. Entitled? Absolutely.

At least for street cyclists.

The ones who believe they have the same rights, but not responsibilities, as cars irritate the hell out of me.

Even when I commuted on a motorcycle I was taught that I am not a car. I could easily blow the doors off of most cars but they would always win in a collision.

Now take away the speed advantage, and you get the road going cyclist, teeming with impotent rage.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
The thing that bothers me is the term or what qualifies as a miss use of a term to make it sound like it  contains chemicals in it .

When all it is is saving you blood, oxygenating it and re injecting it into you body at a later time.

They act like they are mixing steroids and speed into it by calling it "doping""  

So feels
Much drugs
Poor children
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top