Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
When I saw the pic I knew Strokers would be in the story.
When Wild Hogs 2 is filmed that will be the venue.

Don't worry OP. The temps will drop below 70 soon and you won't have to worry about those guys until March or so.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I encounter people in cars that make that turn wide every day.  If they're far enough ahead of me or behind me I don't care, but when they do it right in front of me cutting me off I honk at em.  Difference is they usually get why they were wrong, or at least don't act like you invaded their precious little safety bubble that being on a motorcycle entitles one to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not only motorcycles that do that. EVERYONE drifts out into the next lane on those multi lane left turns. There's one of those right by my house and it happens 90% of the time. I can't believe I haven't been in an accident yet.

Yeah, I encounter people in cars that make that turn wide every day.  If they're far enough ahead of me or behind me I don't care, but when they do it right in front of me cutting me off I honk at em.  Difference is they usually get why they were wrong, or at least don't act like you invaded their precious little safety bubble that being on a motorcycle entitles one to.

True. I work in the motorcycle industry so I live it every day. All groups are filled with douchebags, but the Harley crowd has far more than anyone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, the paper/Life photop got the biker to ham it up in the middle of the Holister Riot.

Looking for that one, I ran across this alternate shot

http://www.bikernet.com/docs/stories/10999/ATT00008.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read somewhere that that photo was staged.

Well, the paper/Life photop got the biker to ham it up in the middle of the Holister Riot.

He wasn't a biker.  Just a drunk local that they propped up on the bike.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It just goes to show you, nothing good happens on Harry Hines.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read somewhere that that photo was staged.

Then Dave from the Tulare Raiders is going to beat him shitless for taking that Jacket

ETA:  Eddie Davenport is his name
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Dutchbag >> douchebag
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Old fat men with ugly women driving outdated technology ... why am I not surprised that they do not know how to drive.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
They ride to be seen.  That is why a few end up dead on the roads.  Not because of the less than stellar reliability of hardly able son engineering anachronisms they call motors ( common crank pin 45 degree large v twins that shake like Michael J Fox without his meds...).  Anyhow, you should have seen them and known those over priced pigs cannot handle for squat, plus the group might have twenty years of two wheel experience in aggregate.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why even ride in groups, thats just gay.
View Quote

It's a social event.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Oddly, I know the story and have talked with people who were there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1/10

More of a whine than a rant. (-3)

Asked a question you already knew the answer to.  I've seen gun owners do stupid shit.  Does that mean we are all "dutchbags" too? (-3)

Dutchbag...nuff said. (-3)

View Quote

Not a rant.  It's a cool story, bro.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Most of them are.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Then Dave from the Tulare Raiders is going to beat him shitless for taking that Jacket

View Quote

There are a few different stories about the photo, and opinions vary:
One story
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes. All Harley owners are fags.

(Before the butt hurt its a South Park reference)
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, yes they are.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Fags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Brrrrmmm,brrmmm,mmmmm,mmmmm
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

True. I work in the motorcycle industry so I live it every day. All groups are filled with douchebags, but the Harley crowd has far more than anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not only motorcycles that do that. EVERYONE drifts out into the next lane on those multi lane left turns. There's one of those right by my house and it happens 90% of the time. I can't believe I haven't been in an accident yet.

Individually they are only slightly annoying, but when they pack up they become supreme douchebags.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#19]
No, but EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN GD is a dutchbag.

What kinda fucking moran are you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Lets see,  Dutchbags ,  Ditchbags , Datchbags , Detchbags , and last but not least , dotchbags.

All suitable replacements for Douchebags.

gd
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually, we do own the road.
Because you're not going to get out of your cage and do a damn thing about it.
Are you.
Nothing.
But come to GD and whine.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Piss on those pieces of garbage!!!!!...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't sweat it. Somewhere, someday they target fixate in a turn and lose it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Are all motorcycle riders such dutchbags?
View Quote

Good question, being i biker myself i would naturally say no but i will pose you with some questions of my own..

Are all truck drivers such dutchbags ?
Are all cagers (people that drive cars) such dutchbags ?
Are all bicycle riders such dutchbags ?
Are all arfcomers (people that like guns) such dutchbags ?

The answer is naturally, no..

Not all are dutchbags, but some are..
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

One story
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One story

That is an AWESOME blog, with the links to all the newspapers.  I feel like I should post a picture of my old Tiffany Ford plate frame for bona fides.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#28]
The rule of thumb is that if  someone who rides a motorcycle refers to himself as a biker, the probability of that person being a dutchbag is near 100%.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Not all MC'ers are, just Harley riders in a group.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

""""""   they want to make a wide turn into the middle and right lanes   """"""

Harleys,  In capable of making anything BUT a wide turn, if that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Actually, we do own the road.
View Quote

That's just precious.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I have never met a Dutchbag...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Harley owners have Chinese pirate suit leather to protect themselves do you ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I ride a Harley, a big fancy one too. I'm also from Alabama and laugh at the Alabama jokes told here in Georgia. Call me a good sport if you want but I too despise the Harley guys who seemingly go out of their way to be dicks and have never learned to ride safely. The dicks are present on the road irregardless of the vehicle they drive but it does seem that some people, when on a Harley, give all motorcycle riders a bad name. There is also a group of riders in my area on crotch rockets (they will probably be in Atlanta tomorrow at the parade ) that have soured the public to all motorcycle riders in general. It's not just a Harley thing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#35]
No, I rode today, and I'm not Dutch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#36]
This is why, when on a motorcycle, I have always, and will always ride alone.

Not only is it safer, but I don't have to worry about the skills (or lack of) of anyone else in a rolling group costume party. I also don't have to worry about traffic patterns, everyone trying to get through lights and intersections together and all the other bullshit of riding in a group.

And no.....not all riders are douchebags.Now.....if I'm on a bike...... Are all car  drivers like you douchebags? Is that a fair assumption?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#37]
<delete>
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not. I ride like a bitch because I don't want to die, and I have respect for other people. Lane splitting, failure to yield, racing, weaving around traffic, blowing through stopped lanes, revving at every fucking stop. All of that shit pisses me off to no end, and I give no leniency to people that I catch doing that shit while I'm on duty.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not, same laws apply period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they always think they're kings of the road?

I'm on my way to work today and I come up on this intersection, Regal Row and Harry Hines, and there's a group of weekend warrior bikers and their old ladies (literally) waiting at the light.  Most of them were in the left lane on RR so I switched over to the right lane (X).  Both lanes turn left.

http://i.imgur.com/Dmqlx1h.jpg

Those dotted lines in the intersection are actually on the pavement.  You'd think that would mean that vehicles on the inside lane turning left turn into the inside lane, but it doesn't.  The light turns green and the motorcycles in the inside lane decide they want to make a wide turn into the middle and right lanes but oops, my car is in their way. So then they go all "OMG, can't you see we're on motorcycles!" as if I was trying to hit them.  One guy in particular didn't like this, and when I put on my blinker and tried to move from the center to the right lane after the turn he sped up and got on my right next to me.  I managed to get behind him and got stuck at the next signal where I got to admire his Harley Davidson bandana, Harley Davidson leather jacket, and several Harley Davidson patches sewn into his jacket, while he tried to talk shit to me. They were all going to Strokers, probably to circle jerk each other.

Thank you for clarification. They were in the wrong. Motorcycles don't own the road. We are allowed to take up some space on the road that cars cant go, but we still have to obey the law.

Not, same laws apply period.

Try lane splitting in a car, or ignoring a red light at an empty intersection. Both are legal for motorcycles in many states.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Those dotted lines in the intersection are actually on the pavement.  You'd think that would mean that vehicles on the inside lane turning left turn into the inside lane, but it doesn't.  The light turns green and the motorcycles in the inside lane decide they want to make a wide turn into the middle and right lanes but oops, my car is in their way. So then they go all "OMG, can't you see we're on motorcycles!" as if I was trying to hit them.  One guy in particular didn't like this, and when I put on my blinker and tried to move from the center to the right lane after the turn he sped up and got on my right next to me.  I managed to get behind him and got stuck at the next signal where I got to admire his Harley Davidson bandana, Harley Davidson leather jacket, and several Harley Davidson patches sewn into his jacket, while he tried to talk shit to me. They were all going to Strokers, probably to circle jerk each other.
View Quote

Ironically what you are bitching about I see being done by people in cars and trucks ALL THE FUCKING TIME !!!!!!

WTF is wrong with people.

IF you are in the left lane making a left turn, you turn into the left lane.

IF you are in the center lane making a left turn, you turn into the center lane or lane to the right of the left lane.

OP it's OK if you want to bash bikers ...... but be honest, what you saw is NOT a biker thing ! ! ! ! ! ! !

FOR THE RECORD - OP you seem to be one of those anti-motorcycle DUTCHBAGS !!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#41]
No. Weekend warriors drive Harleys in a group and feel entitled. Motorcycle drivers tend to ride alone or, at the most, in pairs. They follow the same laws as cagers, but may drive a little faster than normal to avoid being hit by said cagers. If you see a gang of Harley drivers acting like assholes on a Saturday they are dentists and attorneys and marketing folk releasing their inner douche. If you see a gang of rice burner jockeys acting like assholes any day of the week, they're assholes who are too smart to belong to a named gang but still stupid enough to want to belong to some assembly of their "peers." Still assholes.

Real bikers mind their own business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes, We still have to follow the rules though. Car drivers don't always follow the rules either. I had a guy pass me in my lane a week ago. No reason for him to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on my way to work today and I come up on this intersection, Regal Row and Harry Hines, and there's a group of weekend warrior bikers and their old ladies (literally) waiting at the light.  Most of them were in the left lane on RR so I switched over to the right lane (X).  Both lanes turn left.

Thank you for clarification. They were in the wrong. Motorcycles don't own the road. We are allowed to take up some space on the road that cars cant go, but we still have to obey the law.

Not same laws apply period.

Staggering, tandem, and in some places lane splitting.  Only problem is that most riders don't do any of these things in the correct manner.

There's a reason I run up to the mountains to play on two wheels....

Yes, We still have to follow the rules though. Car drivers don't always follow the rules either. I had a guy pass me in my lane a week ago. No reason for him to do that.

That was possibly legal ( depending on the speeds both vehicles were going. ).
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#43]
In my experience, yes, it is fairly safe to say that all bikers are assholes. Chances are you'd be correct.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ironically what you are bitching about I see being done by people in cars and trucks ALL THE FUCKING TIME !!!!!!

IF you are in the center lane making a left turn, you turn into the center lane or lane to the right of the left lane.

OP it's OK if you want to bash bikers ...... but be honest, what you saw is NOT a biker thing ! ! ! ! ! ! !

FOR THE RECORD - OP you seem to be one of those anti-motorcycle DUTCHBAGS !!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I ride a motorbike sometimes, but I don't think I'm a douchebag. But I'm biased.  I might, in fact, be a douchebag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm just glad no one in a car or truck has ever done anything to piss me off/endanger me on the road.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think I have ever driven a single day in my life where someone hasn't done that.  Cars, bikes, trucks, etc.. everyone.

It's so common that I just assume they are going to do it and leave a gap to avoid dealing with a fender bender or road rage incident.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#49]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#50]
The Dutchbags ride again.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top