Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in a fine watch shop doing some window shopping and asked the same question, salesman thought I was making a joke. The short version is that they are a Swiss company, but the watches that are being sold on HSN or QVC are chicom garbage. Despite what the host on the TV show says they have zero collectors value.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And hey, if you really want a big russian diver watch, Zlatoust is back in production.  It's not the same as the old ones, but it sure is closer than Invicta.

http://russian-watches.info/published/publicdata/FORSHOP/attachments/SC/products_pictures/hand_enl.jpg

They're about $200.
View Quote

I want one
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh they work, the movements are ok, but you get what you pay for. Generally better than the Chinese clones of the fancy omegas and rolexes that are the same price at least they advertise what they really are.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one. I love it!

It looks good and works just fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I really should be a paid spokesman for Precision Time. If you have one in your local mall, stop in and check the clearance section. A couple months back they had this watch on clearance for $30.

Nothing wrong with it, just wasn't selling. In the same clearance case they had a stainless case, black face, and green hands and hour markers for $59; and a stainless polished case with white face model for $49. No rhyme or reason.

They also had a Tritium watch that everybody gushed over during the 4th of July sale for $59, and the Ceramico which was a steal at $39 eventually could be had for $24.

You don't need to spend a lot to get a decent looking and functional watch. As stated, for $200-$300 you can get a nice Citizen or Seiko.

If an Invicta is inexpensive enough, and you like the look, buy it. If it dies, who cares? Not like its a $4,000 Breitling.

Watches are one of the few accessories men have to define their style. I probably have 30 watches, everything from $30 to several thousand dollars. They all have their time and place. Some guys want one or two watches and don't give a shit about trends. Some guys want one watch, their dream watch. Some guys want a mix of both, while some are very specific in wanting a particular style, maker, movement, period, etc.

Again buy what makes you happy. This coming from a guy who used to only own Swiss watches, and would die before owning anything with a Japanese movement, I've moved beyond that because I no longer buy watches to impress people like I did when I was younger. Now I buy them because I like the look and they make me happy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't wear a watch like a real man
View Quote

All the dumb in the 1597 posts you've made before that one don't add up the dumb in that post.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top