Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:11:36 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. And the chocolate ration has again been raised, from 3.5 grams to 3.2 grams. Prepare for Five Minutes of Hate!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is insane.   I'm really at a loss for words right now.

Never would I believe anything like this could ever happen in my lifetime.

You are seeing a purge of history right before our eyes

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. And the chocolate ration has again been raised, from 3.5 grams to 3.2 grams. Prepare for Five Minutes of Hate!

Big Brother is so generous with the chocolate rations!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:19:31 PM EDT
The whole thing is chillingly Orwellian.       We really do live in interesting times.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:22:22 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, is he saying CTD controlls the Ministry?    
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:26:58 PM EDT

Quoted:

As you may have been already informed (Read Facebook link), Apple has removed our game from AppStore because of usage of the Confederate Flag. Ultimate General: Gettysburg could be accepted back if the flag is removed from the game's content.

We accept Apple's decision and understand that this is a sensitive issue for the American Nation. We wanted our game to be the most accurate, historical, playable reference of the Battle of Gettysburg. All historical commanders, unit composition and weaponry, key geographical locations to the smallest streams or farms are recreated in our game's battlefield.

We receive a lot of letters of gratitude from American teachers who use our game in history curriculum to let kids experience one of the most important battles in American history from the Commander's perspective.  

Spielberg’s "Schindler's List" did not try to amend his movie to look more comfortable. The historical "Gettysburg" movie (1993) is still on iTunes. We believe that all historical art forms: books, movies, or games such as ours, help to learn and understand history, depicting events as they were. True stories are more important to us than money.

Therefore we are not going to amend the game's content and Ultimate General: Gettysburg will no longer be available on AppStore. We really hope that Apple’s decision will achieve the desired results.

We can’t change history, but we can change the future.

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/our-game-has-been-removed-from-appstore

Good...

Actually a good game. Have it on PC. Might have to fire it up tonight.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:27:05 PM EDT
Their business, their rules.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:29:33 PM EDT
Quoted:

I bet everyone complaining there were too many threads about Jenner would prefer to jump back on that time machine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no logic or reason to anything anymore, everything is a meaningless, useless knee-jerk reaction to the feels of the day. I want off this planet.

Who wants to come form an ARFCOM paradise on Mars with me?

I bet everyone complaining there were too many threads about Jenner would prefer to jump back on that time machine.

No. Just 2 different rivers of shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:32:20 PM EDT
Quoted:

Not really.  This will blow over shortly.  Don't be surprised to see Rebel flags back up for sale on Amazon in 6 months.

In the mean time, the countless Civil War museums and parks will still be here, preserving the history for everyone to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.  This will blow over shortly.  Don't be surprised to see Rebel flags back up for sale on Amazon in 6 months.

In the mean time, the countless Civil War museums and parks will still be here, preserving the history for everyone to see.

My thought as well..

In the meantime, a bunch of good old boys are going to be getting hefty bank balances from the sales of the merchandise.
Overnight, they've turned those guy's obscure little websites into serious cash flow machines.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:41:37 PM EDT
all Apps offend me,   they should pull all of them,  they are hurting my feels.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:30:38 PM EDT
I am not familiar with such things, so will ask -- say you already had one of these games installed on your ipad or iphone, can Apple remove it with an update?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:37:12 PM EDT
Just last night, my daughter was asking me why we don't own Apple products.  I told her they are great products, but I don't subscribe to the general philosophy of the company.   It was mostly lost on her, but this might help explain it.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:40:02 PM EDT

ETA: posted from my apple product, take this one down.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:41:22 PM EDT
I just want a private island...  away from the madness...

All that desert in Australia is starting to sound pretty tempting...
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:28:37 PM EDT

Quoted:
Maybe Obama will invade Canada or Mexico for some extra living room, and call it African-America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This entire chain of events boggles the mind..

The last 6+ years boggles the mind.

That as swipe truly has fundamentally changed this country. I hope we can recover but it seems unlikely

R.I.P. U.S.A.

And again...obama, in his book, talks about realizing at a young age that he wouldn't be able to provoke the kind of revolution he sought through force and low level organizing. It's what drove him to politics...

Article is well worth the read...it's almost funny, b/c he's never really hidden things...people just don't want to listen.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2008/10/obamas_radical_revolutionits_a.html

Interesting way to put it.

I wonder if generations from now, Dreams from My Father will be seen in the same light as Mein Kampf.

Maybe Obama will invade Canada or Mexico for some extra living room, and call it African-America.

I'll help with the invasion, as long as all the people that style themselves as 'African-Americans' or 'Mexican-Americans' or 'Somali-Americans' fucking move there.  

You're either an American or not, come join us, but leave your nationalistic pride for the 3rd world country you came from at the damn door.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:32:11 PM EDT

Quoted:

I can't take this anymore. This planet has reached epic proportions of stupid. Is Mars ready to be colonized yet?
View Quote

No. The diversity requirements have not been finalized.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:33:46 PM EDT
Quoted:
There's no logic or reason to anything anymore, everything is a meaningless, useless knee-jerk reaction to the feels of the day. I want off this planet.

Who wants to come form an ARFCOM paradise on Mars with me?
View Quote

agree with the bolds
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:35:10 PM EDT
Wheeeee......And into the shitter the country goes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:37:34 PM EDT
What made this even more infuriating, is I went into the article on Yahoo and went to the comments. I posted "America has gone full retard" and the word "retard" got edited out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:39:31 PM EDT
Can you still get The Blue and the Grey on iTunes?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:47:36 PM EDT

Quoted:

View Quote
Ask that small family owned bakery that refused to make a wedding cake for that gay/lesbian couple if that applies anymore.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:52:08 PM EDT
Ban the Civil War! Its for the children?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:53:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:00:22 PM EDT
Pre-ban Sid Meier?

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:12:59 PM EDT
Quoted:
I've been an Apple supporter since 1986 but this boggles the mind. FU Apple.
View Quote

They are teaching society a lesson.  I'm not sure i ever signed up for that.

ETA not sure i welcome teaching the wife to let go of the APPLE.  I Always said buy their stock but can't say it anymore.  Sure, they're not alone but most of the rest are easily circumvented...even AMAZON.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:16:37 PM EDT
Board games are next.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:20:55 PM EDT
Of course Apple would lead the way on this. It's the poster-child corporation of Liberals
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:31:08 PM EDT

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:43:30 PM EDT
I'm having a hard time not throwing the apple device I just read this on though my window.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:44:32 PM EDT
I love when corporations lord their sanctimony and piety on us.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:46:59 PM EDT
Nice. Good going apple.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:48:17 PM EDT
Quoted:
http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-removes-confederate-flag/

Now, it appears that Apple has decided to join them by pulling many Civil War wargames from the App Store. As of the writing of this story, games like Ultimate General: Gettysburg and all the Hunted Cow Civil War games are nowhere to be found. Apple is famous for reaching for the axe rather than the scalpel when it comes to political issues (like rejecting Hunted Cow's Tank Battle 1942 for depicting Germans and Russians as enemies), so this move doesn't come as a great surprise.
View Quote

This country has gone purely insane.
View Quote

Next it will be any historian and history books.

seriously, it will be FO time when they start burning the books.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:49:46 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, it appears that Apple has decided to join them by pulling many Civil War wargames from the App Store. As of the writing of this story, games like Ultimate General: Gettysburg and all the Hunted Cow Civil War games are nowhere to be found. Apple is famous for reaching for the axe rather than the scalpel when it comes to political issues (like rejecting Hunted Cow's Tank Battle 1942 for depicting Germans and Russians as enemies), so this move doesn't come as a great surprise.

Nah, there will be a few angry posts on here and some on Facebook and then we will move to the next distraction
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:54:56 PM EDT
Quoted:

Nah, there will be a few angry posts on here and some on Facebook and then we will move to the next distraction
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but it is sad.  What the hell can we do to stop this?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:59:32 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Hopefully, this will make folks think twice before knee-jerk dismissal of "tin foil hat" theories. What has gone on in this nation since 9/11 would have been completely unheard of in the before time. If I went back and told 1999 me what was coming, I would have keeled over laughing at 2015 me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:07:11 PM EDT
FApple
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:11:58 PM EDT
Quoted:

Good for them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As you may have been already informed (Read Facebook link), Apple has removed our game from AppStore because of usage of the Confederate Flag. Ultimate General: Gettysburg could be accepted back if the flag is removed from the game's content.

We accept Apple's decision and understand that this is a sensitive issue for the American Nation. We wanted our game to be the most accurate, historical, playable reference of the Battle of Gettysburg. All historical commanders, unit composition and weaponry, key geographical locations to the smallest streams or farms are recreated in our game's battlefield.

We receive a lot of letters of gratitude from American teachers who use our game in history curriculum to let kids experience one of the most important battles in American history from the Commander's perspective.  

Spielberg’s "Schindler's List" did not try to amend his movie to look more comfortable. The historical "Gettysburg" movie (1993) is still on iTunes. We believe that all historical art forms: books, movies, or games such as ours, help to learn and understand history, depicting events as they were. True stories are more important to us than money.

Therefore we are not going to amend the game's content and Ultimate General: Gettysburg will no longer be available on AppStore. We really hope that Apple’s decision will achieve the desired results.

We can’t change history, but we can change the future.

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/our-game-has-been-removed-from-appstore

Good for them

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:12:12 PM EDT
3-4 generations from now, the Civil War will be about as publicly known as the Spanish / American War.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:22:03 PM EDT
Whose the CEO?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:26:48 PM EDT
Quoted:

Conservatives should really be doing this en masse to show how ridiculous it is. Instead we will never go on the offensive and always play defensive
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well Apple, get all the Gangsta rap off I tunes.

I think this is the direction we should go.  The can of worms is opened so lets go all in.  This is one time where I think "going full retard" is probably in order.

Maybe some people will pull back the reins a bit and rethink the derp.

Conservatives should really be doing this en masse to show how ridiculous it is. Instead we will never go on the offensive and always play defensive

This..unfuckingfortunately,,
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:27:50 PM EDT
Quoted:

ETA: posted from my apple product, take this one down.

http://www.cassvillehistoricalsociety.com/confederate_battle_flag_03.png
View Quote

You're such a badass.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:28:02 PM EDT
Quoted:

I agree, but it is sad.  What the hell can we do to stop this?
View Quote

CoC1 and 4?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:54:44 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

We aren't discussing their right to do so, but the fact that they are directly supporting the new American Fascism.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:56:00 PM EDT
Quoted:
I just want a private island...  away from the madness...

All that desert in Australia is starting to sound pretty tempting...
View Quote

Your request to cease living under someone else s rule has been denied.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:58:43 PM EDT
Gay
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:37:29 PM EDT
Quoted:
the civil war is a microaggression for a lot of people. Better to just write it out of the history books and pretend it didn't happen like the progressives do in europe (Hitler? what Hitler? Nazis? We BANNED them) for all those historical events that make us have bad feelings.
View Quote

Down the Memory Hole

Double plus good
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:51:18 PM EDT
I didn't read all 1.5 pages, but I downloaded an iPad civil war game yesterday.

As far as I can tell, they are all still there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.