Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:13:43 AM EDT
http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-removes-confederate-flag/

Now, it appears that Apple has decided to join them by pulling many Civil War wargames from the App Store. As of the writing of this story, games like Ultimate General: Gettysburg and all the Hunted Cow Civil War games are nowhere to be found. Apple is famous for reaching for the axe rather than the scalpel when it comes to political issues (like rejecting Hunted Cow's Tank Battle 1942 for depicting Germans and Russians as enemies), so this move doesn't come as a great surprise.
View Quote

This country has gone purely insane.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
FFS

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
There's no logic or reason to anything anymore, everything is a meaningless, useless knee-jerk reaction to the feels of the day. I want off this planet.

Who wants to come form an ARFCOM paradise on Mars with me?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's no logic or reason to anything anymore, everything is a meaningless, useless knee-jerk reaction to the feels of the day. I want off this planet.

View Quote

I bet everyone complaining there were too many threads about Jenner would prefer to jump back on that time machine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
And this suprised you.

Better start preparing, everone has been brainwashed and when

The zombies come you better have enough ammo so at least it will

Be a good fight.

And you better vote Republican so at least you will have a few months before

They come for your guns and unborn white racist children.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been an Apple supporter since 1986 but this boggles the mind. FU Apple.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
This entire chain of events boggles the mind..
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#8]
This is insane.   I'm really at a loss for words right now.

Never would I believe anything like this could ever happen in my lifetime.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The last 6+ years boggles the mind.

That as swipe truly has fundamentally changed this country. I hope we can recover but it seems unlikely

R.I.P. U.S.A.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are seeing a purge of history right before our eyes

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I bet everyone complaining there were too many threads about Jenner would prefer to jump back on that time machine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to reset all the way past tranny threads and go back to ebola
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.  This will blow over shortly.  Don't be surprised to see Rebel flags back up for sale on Amazon in 6 months.

In the mean time, the countless Civil War museums and parks will still be here, preserving the history for everyone to see.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#13]
we are fucked
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#15]
This country is becoming a strange hybrid of post-Nazi Germany (where books and symbols are banned) and Greece (free shit for everyone! Weeeeeeee!).
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#16]
This is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Im boycotting everything from now on.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Time to neckbeard Civil War soldier figurines?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can't get everything we want bro.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That as swipe truly has fundamentally changed this country. I hope we can recover but it seems unlikely

R.I.P. U.S.A.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

R.I.P. U.S.A.

And again...obama, in his book, talks about realizing at a young age that he wouldn't be able to provoke the kind of revolution he sought through force and low level organizing. It's what drove him to politics...

Article is well worth the read...it's almost funny, b/c he's never really hidden things...people just don't want to listen.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2008/10/obamas_radical_revolutionits_a.html

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#21]
F apple   FBHO   and F the supreme court
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FFS

View Quote

This.  Someone posted Nazi's burning books earlier.  

I'm atarting to think that is a pretty apt description.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/25/apple-removes-confederate-flag/

Now, it appears that Apple has decided to join them by pulling many Civil War wargames from the App Store. As of the writing of this story, games like Ultimate General: Gettysburg and all the Hunted Cow Civil War games are nowhere to be found. Apple is famous for reaching for the axe rather than the scalpel when it comes to political issues (like rejecting Hunted Cow's Tank Battle 1942 for depicting Germans and Russians as enemies), so this move doesn't come as a great surprise.
View Quote

This country has gone purely insane.
View Quote

It's not like Apple is run by or markets to feel-good left leaning liberals....oh wait!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. And the chocolate ration has again been raised, from 3.5 grams to 3.2 grams. Prepare for Five Minutes of Hate!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FFS

Erase the history you don't like, so it can be repeated.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And again...obama, in his book, talks about realizing at a young age that he wouldn't be able to provoke the kind of revolution he sought through force and low level organizing. It's what drove him to politics...

Article is well worth the read...it's almost funny, b/c he's never really hidden things...people just don't want to listen.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2008/10/obamas_radical_revolutionits_a.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

R.I.P. U.S.A.

Interesting way to put it.

I wonder if generations from now, Dreams from My Father will be seen in the same light as Mein Kampf.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#27]
And somehow on Fox and Friends this morning they were saying people think the country is going to shit, but it's just the liberal media portraying that it is. wtf
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Well Apple, get all the Gangsta rap off I tunes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

But but but....

That's protected by the First Amendment...

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this is the direction we should go.  The can of worms is opened so lets go all in.  This is one time where I think "going full retard" is probably in order.

Maybe some people will pull back the reins a bit and rethink the derp.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think this is the direction we should go.  The can of worms is opened so lets go all in.  This is one time where I think "going full retard" is probably in order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conservatives should really be doing this en masse to show how ridiculous it is. Instead we will never go on the offensive and always play defensive
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And somehow on Fox and Friends this morning they were saying people think the country is going to shit, but it's just the liberal media portraying that it is. wtf
View Quote

The media definitely plays up the liberal agenda as progressing or achieving more than it has to gain momentum and fool the idiots into thinking progressivism is working but I have to disagree this country definitely is going to shit and one of the root causes is the obsession with everything being "PC".
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#34]
How progressive of them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wonder if generations from now, Dreams from My Father will be seen in the same light as Mein Kampf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

R.I.P. U.S.A.

Maybe Obama will invade Canada or Mexico for some extra living room, and call it African-America.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And this suprised you.

Better start preparing, everone has been brainwashed and when
The zombies come you better have enough ammo so at least it will
Be a good fight.

And you better vote Republican so at least you will have a few months before
They come for your guns and unborn white racist children.

View Quote

There is no doubt in my mind where this is going.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Isn't there a word that Jewish people use to describe individuals who deny the Holocaust? Can we coin our own term for those that deny the Civil War? Something more catchy that "Uneducated"?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#40]
So I guess civil war reenactment will be next

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to go all Goodwin's law here and say that there were probably a bunch of Germans in 1933 who were saying similar things.  

Our Riechtag moment happened in Charleston......how ironic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#44]
As you may have been already informed (Read Facebook link), Apple has removed our game from AppStore because of usage of the Confederate Flag. Ultimate General: Gettysburg could be accepted back if the flag is removed from the game's content.

We accept Apple's decision and understand that this is a sensitive issue for the American Nation. We wanted our game to be the most accurate, historical, playable reference of the Battle of Gettysburg. All historical commanders, unit composition and weaponry, key geographical locations to the smallest streams or farms are recreated in our game's battlefield.

We receive a lot of letters of gratitude from American teachers who use our game in history curriculum to let kids experience one of the most important battles in American history from the Commander's perspective.  

Spielberg’s "Schindler's List" did not try to amend his movie to look more comfortable. The historical "Gettysburg" movie (1993) is still on iTunes. We believe that all historical art forms: books, movies, or games such as ours, help to learn and understand history, depicting events as they were. True stories are more important to us than money.

Therefore we are not going to amend the game's content and Ultimate General: Gettysburg will no longer be available on AppStore. We really hope that Apple’s decision will achieve the desired results.

We can’t change history, but we can change the future.
View Quote

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/our-game-has-been-removed-from-appstore
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As you may have been already informed (Read Facebook link), Apple has removed our game from AppStore because of usage of the Confederate Flag. Ultimate General: Gettysburg could be accepted back if the flag is removed from the game's content.

We accept Apple's decision and understand that this is a sensitive issue for the American Nation. We wanted our game to be the most accurate, historical, playable reference of the Battle of Gettysburg. All historical commanders, unit composition and weaponry, key geographical locations to the smallest streams or farms are recreated in our game's battlefield.

We receive a lot of letters of gratitude from American teachers who use our game in history curriculum to let kids experience one of the most important battles in American history from the Commander's perspective.  

Spielberg’s "Schindler's List" did not try to amend his movie to look more comfortable. The historical "Gettysburg" movie (1993) is still on iTunes. We believe that all historical art forms: books, movies, or games such as ours, help to learn and understand history, depicting events as they were. True stories are more important to us than money.

Therefore we are not going to amend the game's content and Ultimate General: Gettysburg will no longer be available on AppStore. We really hope that Apple’s decision will achieve the desired results.

We can’t change history, but we can change the future.

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/our-game-has-been-removed-from-appstore

Good for them
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I can't take this anymore. This planet has reached epic proportions of stupid. Is Mars ready to be colonized yet?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#47]
The "Civil War" was never fought and Blacks must immediately return to slavery, per the Politically Correct Left.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#48]
the civil war is a microaggression for a lot of people. Better to just write it out of the history books and pretend it didn't happen like the progressives do in europe (Hitler? what Hitler? Nazis? We BANNED them) for all those historical events that make us have bad feelings.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Feelings > Logic
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#50]
There is no such thing as bad publicity.......any time a company can get it's name in the news, it's free advertising.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top