Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually, Yellowstone is overrun with Chinese tourists every summer.  If tourists can get there form China, they should be able to get there from California too.
View Quote

Check your privilege, yo.

On topic: So what you're saying is that there aren't enough Popeyes bags scattered alongside the road through Yosimite?

TC
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The author says that like it's a good thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Today’s young people, the most diverse generation in U.S. history...

The author says that like it's a good thing.

If you're looking to destroy a common culture, it is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#3]
So... unequipped and unprepared urban dwellers need to get out in to the outdoors more... what could possibly go wrong?

Who has time to go enjoy a park?  Those hubcaps aren't gonna steal themselves...

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"That is particularly true for people of color, and not just in the Pacific Northwest but across the United States, where studies and anecdotal evidence show they are among the most infrequent users of state and federal lands."

"Romaine Deshawn Bush, a 29-year-old African American from Seattle, has heard a litany of excuses from friends. “That’s the kinda stuff White people do,” they tell him. His camping invitations to the guys at the barbershop would be met with fantastic tales about bears in the woods."

"Many of them don’t know what it’s really like to be outside,” Artiles said. “They can disconnect from all the distractions. Being in Central Park you can’t enjoy the sounds of nature.”

As usual the complainers are their own worst enemies.  What's stopping them from going to a park? nothing.. ohhh a tale of bears in a park, OMG, bears! that's where bears live you idiots.

It seems like the problems of many blacks are self-inflicted.  If stories of bears or having peers laugh at you is enough to make you give up on something that you want to do.. you need to get a grip.

The parks are there for everyone.  Go enjoy it and quit making excuses.
View Quote

That's so racist.  SOMEBODY had to put them and keep them in their circumstances.  Otherwise, the narrative collapses.  That would be bad.

TC
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#5]
As a minority, I get my money's worth out of the National Park Service.  I spent many hours exploring National Battlefield Parks, corresponding with the ranger-historians (even got one as a speaker at our Civil War conference), researching in their libraries and even securing photographs/images from them for my book.  If someone is too lazy or uninterested in the access to the National Park Service and all the wonderful things it offers, tough sh*t on them.  It is the one branch of the federal government that was created in the Twentieth Century that I whole heartedly approve of.  

Every Arfcommer should visit Springfield Armory.  It is managed by the National Park Service.  The other place is Harper's Ferry and they've got a workshop set up like a 19th Century armory.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#6]
So I am supposed to be a racists because someone else decides not to go outside?  I didn't realize I had that kind of power.  Maybe I could learn to harness that "don't go outside" power and prevent the next Ferguson riot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Black people used to go to the parks, or they wouldn't have been segregated. Why did they stop? Did they not want to be around the white visitors? They sound racist.
View Quote

Good observation - they stopped going when the demonrat party started intentionally destroying black families in 1964.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember 4th of July a few years back I took the family to Mt Rushmore.  It was fucking PACKED with people.  From all around the world.  Its a big park and it was stuffed.

I did not see a single black person in the thousands of people there.

But I looked and looked and didn't see a sign saying they were banned or anything.

maybe blacks just don't want to go to national parks in the same % as others.

Are we supposed to believe blacks have their own culture?  If so, doesn't that entail choices that will be different than other cultures.

And if they don't have their own culture, why the fuck do we care about diversity?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#9]
As an older white person I go to national parks for the peace and quiet...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a feeling that if you polled a group of hood rats what they like to do for fun, I doubt going to national parks would be at the top of their list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well shit.  I guess whote people need to stop going in order to make the minorities that do go a large percentage of the people that vosot national parks.  Thats how this works right?

Or maybe us white people like going more often.  Doesnt have to be that the natl. parks are inherently racist.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I have a feeling that if you polled a group of hood rats what they like to do for fun, I doubt going to national parks would be at the top of their list.
I read the article and that was the argument they made.  It went on to talk about ways to get minorities to partake, enjoy, and preserve the outdoors....I don't see anything wrong with that.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read the article and that was the argument they made.  It went on to talk about ways to get minorities to partake, enjoy, and preserve the outdoors....I don't see anything wrong with that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well shit.  I guess whote people need to stop going in order to make the minorities that do go a large percentage of the people that vosot national parks.  Thats how this works right?

Or maybe us white people like going more often.  Doesnt have to be that the natl. parks are inherently racist.

you ever been to a movie theater in a black neighborhood?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I read  it and I got out of it that basically,

US demographics are changing to be less white...

Non whites use Parks less often

They are concerned about who is going to continue to support/steward them.. Little bit of white Guilt sprinkled in but whatever..

I don't think it is a bad thing that we introduce all types of people the outdoors... Its like taking a liberal to shoot. It may open someone's eyes

Meh..

View Quote
Agree that was my take-away as well.  The "everything is raycis" mentality pisses me off to no end, but I don't think the OP's title was an accurate representation of the article.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Agree that was my take-away as well.  The "everything is raycis" mentality pisses me off to no end, but I don't think the OP's title was an accurate representation of the article.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read  it and I got out of it that basically,

US demographics are changing to be less white...

Non whites use Parks less often

They are concerned about who is going to continue to support/steward them.. Little bit of white Guilt sprinkled in but whatever..

I don't think it is a bad thing that we introduce all types of people the outdoors... Its like taking a liberal to shoot. It may open someone's eyes

Meh..

anything disproportionate is inherently racist, so the title is correct.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Secretary of Interior Jewell says "Park visitors are baby boomers like herself, she said, older and White—a reality that doesn’t bode well for the future."

So, she doesn't want white people in her park.       Fine!

I was planning a tour of the national parks of the west this autumn.   Guess I'll have to spend that money else where.   Maybe increase my gun budget.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#16]
National parks shouldn't exist in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Until we take away the left's most potent rhetorical weapons, this will continue. Much better to proclaim that racism is good or something along those lines than continue to be bludgeoned with it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The mental illness of reverse racism never ceases to amaze me. The quote from the subheading "If youth of color don't connect with the outdoors, who will
be its future stewards?"
; so now a leftist rag implies that since white folks are destroying the planet, it's up to young AAs to save the environment through climate action
and environmnetal justice - just see the linked articles.

The left always wants to go back in time to pre civil rights era to show segregated signs, almost as if to ignore that the world has changed from the 1960s through today.
View Quote

If we stop importing so many non-whites, that problem disappears.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good start might be, instead of shaming white people for black people not liking the national parks, start shaming black people for not liking them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How dare you use such a racist term?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've also noticed ski slopes are racist in Vermont and New Hampshire

How dare you use such a racist term?

Yeah, check your micro-aggressive shitlording.

"NEW Hampshire" implies betterness.

Try "Other Hampshire" you fucking trog.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#23]
If a bear attacks, don't 'stay woke'.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wife and I both are over 65, we got the free Senior Citizen'' Park passes. We go free--- and enjoy. I didn't even know they did this until the summer of '14 when we was going into Rocky Mountain NP, the lady at the toll booth noticed my white beard and asked me about it,
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Summary: black people need to change their culture to be more "white"

Liberal SJWs are not just racist, but true white supremacists.

All those stupid brown people need their help to be more like them.

This isn't a war for, but rather against "diversity"
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Bernie will give it to whomever needs it........this shit is getting stupid.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#27]
"Your whiteness sickatates me...." -Smokey the Bear
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes!! Sell them to developers or better yet the Chinese. Who needs open space?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Summary: black people need to change their culture to be more "white"

Liberal SJWs are not just racist, but true white supremacists.

All those stupid brown people need their help to be more like them.

This isn't a war for, but rather against "diversity"
View Quote

"White liberals are the real racists!" is a PATHETIC trope. It's a safe play that people make to avoid having to say anything offensive to liberal sensibilities.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Where will it all end.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Is there anything that is not racist?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

states rights, how do they work/

get rid of the states entirely and let the federal government control everything!!!

without the federal government there would be no open space anywhere.  It wouldn't exist.

It would all be filled with Costcos

How do you dress yourself in the morning without the federal government guiding your every move.

it must be so pitiful to be so dependent on washington dc to help you through your day.

but thanks for playing, "retarded strawman arguments"   there will be some nice consolation prizes on your way out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Most of my black friends are big into fishing.

Might be our Kansas 'hickness' or something.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

get rid of the states entirely and let the federal government control everything!!!

without the federal government there would be no open space anywhere.  It wouldn't exist.

How do you dress yourself in the morning without the federal government guiding your every move.

it must be so pitiful to be so dependent on washington dc to help you through your day.

but thanks for playing, "retarded strawman arguments"   there will be some nice consolation prizes on your way out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are so right. I work for the feds.

And you think state government is so much different than the feds in managing resources?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#35]
It's a simple answer the progressive SJW crowd, EVERYTHING is racist.

The bitching and moaning has become so ingrained, it's the only response they have anymore.

Toilets need to change, too many white models.

Car makers, stop offering the color option.

The lettering on stop signs is triggering microaggressions.

Close bed bath beyond, have you seen all the sheets in those places???

The U.S. flag, obvious symbol of oppression, need I say more???
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't give a shit what black folks do, don't give a damn about them one way or another.

Really strange the way American's obsess over what dark skinned people do.  Creepy, really.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is there anything that is not racist?

View Quote

"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Romaine Deshawn Bush, a 29-year-old African American from Seattle, has heard a litany of excuses from friends. “That’s the kinda stuff White people do,” they tell him.
View Quote

and therein lies the problem -- a subculture that deliberately de-assimilates from the country's regular culture.  

I made heads explode in law school once.  Black Law Student Assn had a bake sale set up in the lobby.  They solicited me as I passed the table: "Would you like to buy some brownies to support BLSA?"

My response:  "why should I make financial contributions to an organization specifically devoted to racial separatism?  Would you support a bake sale for a White Law Student Association?"  

The looks on their faces were priceless.  They didn't know whether to scream "RAYCIZM" or "OH SHIT HE'S RIGHT!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

So the last thing you want is what the author is proposing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Typical busy body ass jackal.

"People of color" aren't using parks, therefore parks are part of a racist system and must be changed!

If "people of color" don't want to use parks, then they won't.

It's always "You should be doing this, you should be doing that. You should be going here instead of there."  

Piss off.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Typical Seattleite..

Not like they do enough for minorities here or anything.

Maybe next too many whites own homes in Seattle. Too many businesses are run by whites.

Gee I wonder why?

All this reverse racism bull shit is a damn joke. If this country was SO racist, would a black president have been elected twice?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Most people take vacation time to travel and see our national parks. To get vacation time you must work. Wait... I think I found the problem.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

And you drive there on black roads, you traitor.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#45]

I had to go through and clear my history/cookies/cache to purge that website.

somehow they failed to mention how racist the ocean is, too.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

somehow they failed to mention how racist the ocean is, too.

View Quote

Ever notice how all that foam is white?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"Your whiteness sickatates me...." -Smokey the Bear
View Quote

This place Really needs a "like" Button.lol...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#48]
No minorities need to stay out of our nature.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#49]
The New York City Ballet is rasis!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top