BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thankfully my wife makes an excellent salary and is very responsible. And even if she wasn't I'd not be bad mouthing her on a forum.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Today she surprises me with some new fancy nike's...I can't tell you how many pairs of unused shoes I have due to this woman. I tell her that I don't want them, and to send them back.  Then she freaks out on me telling me that she was just trying to do something nice...so I told her that I already have 5 nice things still sitting in the closet unused. It just got worse from that point on...

Sounds like vice telling us about this issue in your marriage you may want to sit down and have a talk with her.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a sore spot with me each and everyday, and likely will be the end of the marriage. She steals out of my pocket even, and I can't afford to get divorced even right now....it sucks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thankfully, no.  My wife is tighter with money than I am.  I consider this a great attribute in a wife.

word.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife does.

But really, I thought that ALL wifes did to some degree.

It comes down to priorities.  You see, my wife things we MUST live in a well decorated house.  I think that a lot of that stuff is needless and takes up space.

But my wife knows that if I made the decisions on decorating, it would probably look my my old Frat house room.

My wife wonders why I spend so much on firearms.  It is a NEED for me, but it is an excess to her.

Priorities.

–– John
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
nope, my wife is the one who makes sure i dont spend a huge amount of money
if it werent for my wife i would be broke living in a cardboard box with a bunch of guns.

This is me.

I got in trouble last night when she brought in the mail with 5 more G19 mags in it.

This is me too.   I got $1000 loan so I'd have some walking around money to go to Afghanistan with.  I stop by the gun store and spend half on an AK and ammo.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife of 3 years said something last night about me spending money when we are so short this month. I got a bunch a FAL mags for my new Fal and I am waiting for a AK-47 parts kit to come UPS.I just said I am not short of gun money as I keep that money seraperate from Bill money.If I sell a gun that I have owned for years and it has gone up in value I put that money back in guns.

I have made a shit load of money this year so I really should have bought a lot of gun stuff but I have not.My wife has wasted a shit load of money this year and I have let her because  we had it. I think I need to have a talk with her now because times might get hard and she should not waste money anyway.
All of my toys are paid for and they don't eat much ecept ammo.And I still got alot of that from the 90's.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
She thinks that about me!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yep, I went without lunches for a month to save for something.  I just put the money aside instead of eating.  She saw me buy the thing and immediately assumed there was extra money.  Next thing I know she went out and bought a bunch of decorative crap that not only didn't we need, but was not all that interesting anyway.

It's been nick-named reciprocal spending... married phenomena.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#11]
This is a communication issue. You see the items as unimportant; she does. Some guys would continue their spartan bachelor ways all the way through marriage if their wives would tolerate it.
The answer is communication; find out why she sees the things as needed while you don't share that view.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:48:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I've often urged my SO to go and actually SPEND money on things that she wants.  I literally get tired of hearing "I want this, eventually I'll get the money for it.".  Usually its something that costs about $40, and we usually have about $200 each left over after bills, food, savings, gas, etc.  

She's the tightest person I've ever met when it comes to money.  I buy things on a whim, because "It's a good deal.".  It drives her insane.

The best day of my life was when she looked at me in the fun shop, and says "I think I'm going to buy this gun.".  I couldn't believe she was going to spend $550 on it, all at once.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Thought that was part of all women.... & yeah, it sucks.

Why some of us didn't get to buy stripped bulk lowers like the rest of you single f***s
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Lucky is the man whose wife spends less than he makes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:28:06 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife is the one in our relationship thats great at managing money. I'm the one thats like a kid in a toy store most of the time. I thank God for her daily.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Nope...but the hubby hates it when I spend more money on ammo!
OP, that is pretty messed up. I don't understand buying something that you already have plenty of and aren't using. Have you tried, at a less emotional time, making suggestions for things you might want?

Quoted:
...women, as a sex, are shrewd, resourceful, and acute; but the very fact that they are always concerned with imminent problems and that, in consequence, they are unaccustomed to dealing with the larger riddles of life, makes their mental attitude essentially petty. .... Women's constant thought is, not to lay down broad principles of right and wrong; not to place the whole world in harmony with some great scheme of justice; ...but to deceive, influence, sway and please men. Normally, their weakness makes masculine protection necessary to their existence and to the exercise of their overpowering maternal instinct, and so their whole effort is to obtain this protection in the easiest way possible. The net result is that feminine morality is a morality of opportunism and imminent expediency, and that the normal woman has no respect for, and scarcely a conception of abstract truth. Thus is proved a fact noted by Schopenhauer and many other observers: that a woman seldom manifests any true sense of justice or of honor.

H. L. Mencken wrote that in 1907 for his book, "The Philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche".

Steaming pile of manure you got there, friend. Nietzsche was a disease ridden anti-Christian defeatist. Likely didn't have much luck with women either. Philosophers...phh. Anyone who thinks, seriously believes, that women are unaccustomed to dealing with the larger riddles of life needs to go out and find himself a better class of woman. That's a pretty fair description of motherhood actually.  
Fairly large number of shitty men out there but I'm not going to just assume you're one of them.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#17]
My GF spends her own money on stuff, and most of it comes from the dollar store, thrift stores, and garage sales.

So, in terms of sheer volume of useless crap taking up space in the house, it's a bit of an issue.

In terms of dollars spent, no problem at all.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've often urged my SO to go and actually SPEND money on things that she wants.  I literally get tired of hearing "I want this, eventually I'll get the money for it.".  Usually its something that costs about $40, and we usually have about $200 each left over after bills, food, savings, gas, etc.  

She's the tightest person I've ever met when it comes to money.  I buy things on a whim, because "It's a good deal.".  It drives her insane.

The best day of my life was when she looked at me in the fun shop, and says "I think I'm going to buy this gun.".  I couldn't believe she was going to spend $550 on it, all at once.  

According to the excellent book, "The Millionaire Next Door", a quality that almost all wealthy self-made men share is that they are married to women who spend less money than they do.  You're halfway there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I are both very frugal. I own my own company and we live WELL below our means.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Im surprised no one has posted the eject pics yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fucking vitamins.

And "Snake Oil" you know lotions and potions and such.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Nope that is my job. Although ammo is seen as a necessity and valid purchase in our household.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top