Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no such thing as courtesy in retail sales.  
I have seen managers and assistant managers quit or get fired from one company and get hired on with another within a couple of weeks.

I have seen assistant managers get fired from one store and get hired on with another store with the same company within days.

You don't owe Wally World jack-shit.

If you like your fellow managers then you will give your two week notice so they can try and unfuck their lives.
If you hate them with a burning passion you'll quit and walk out the door within 5 minutes.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
A little update. I havent turned in my resignation letter yet due to the fact that I want to hand it to my store manager. She is on vacation until Monday.

Also,  for the comment that said Wal-Mart has been paying my rent, food, etc. I take that as an EXTREME LOW gut shot.

I have done everything I can for this company. I was pulled two week early in my training to go to this new store which is 40 miles from my house. They put me in a different district from what I was originally brought in for.

I explained to my district manager my concern for having to travel well over an 1 1/2 hours to get to work when I live literally 5 minutes from another store that needs assistant managers desperately. I was basically told "Too bad,you are stuck here"

Also, I hate to try and act like I am better than my fellow associates but I have decided to further my education and receive my degree. To me, I feel I am bringing a competitve advantage to Wal-mart especially when it comes to my knowledge of employment law and managing. When I expressed my concern and passion to go back to college and earn my MBA I was told by my store manager that "You dont need that".

To me that statement says how Wal-Mart feels about education and "family".

In two weeks our schedules shift from working 52 hours a week to nearly 66 hours a week and 6 days a week! For those that DONT know this, Wal-mart managers are salaried, no compensation after 40hrs.

Basically this breaks down to the average department manager making more than me!

When I receive an offer I will find out when they need me to start and turn in my resignation accordingly.

I would like to thank everyone who put in their .02 cents.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what the hell does being a gentleman have to do with doing what is best for you?  I say this again.  Companies do what is best for them and you must do what is best for you.

Absolutely nothing at all. Companies sure as hell dont look out for their employees best interests anymore, why should you return the favor?
If they could, they'd pay someone else a third of what they pay you, and you'd get the shitcan.

Notice, Shmotice. I'd walk out after my shift and never come back.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely nothing at all. Companies sure as hell dont look out for their employees best interests anymore, why should you return the favor?

Notice, Shmotice. I'd walk out after my shift and never come back.

They pretend to look out for you. You should pretend to look out for them. It helps when looking for other jobs later on.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A little update. I havent turned in my resignation letter yet due to the fact that I want to hand it to my store manager. She is on vacation until Monday.

Also,  for the comment that said Wal-Mart has been paying my rent, food, etc. I take that as an EXTREME LOW gut shot.

I have done everything I can for this company. I was pulled two week early in my training to go to this new store which is 40 miles from my house. They put me in a different district from what I was originally brought in for.

I explained to my district manager my concern for having to travel well over an 1 1/2 hours to get to work when I live literally 5 minutes from another store that needs assistant managers desperately. I was basically told "Too bad,you are stuck here"

Also, I hate to try and act like I am better than my fellow associates but I have decided to further my education and receive my degree. To me, I feel I am bringing a competitve advantage to Wal-mart especially when it comes to my knowledge of employment law and managing. When I expressed my concern and passion to go back to college and earn my MBA I was told by my store manager that "You dont need that".

To me that statement says how Wal-Mart feels about education and "family".

In two weeks our schedules shift from working 52 hours a week to nearly 66 hours a week and 6 days a week! For those that DONT know this, Wal-mart managers are salaried, no compensation after 40hrs.

Basically this breaks down to the average department manager making more than me!

When I receive an offer I will find out when they need me to start and turn in my resignation accordingly.

I would like to thank everyone who put in their .02 cents.

After reading this, you have every right to leave when you want.  They are jerking you around....because they can.  I'd hand that letter to the manager with a note on it that stated 66 hours and 6 days a week is unacceptable except in a crisis, are we in a crisis? ....then I'd say bye.  I'm a little surprised that Wal-mart said you didn't need school but I'm not surprised that they're trying to hold you down.  I think they look for management from within and those that don't have the education but do have natural ability.  It's a little easier to deal with them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive never worked at Wal-Mart as an Assistant Manager so I never had to quit.......But I have stayed at a Holidy Inn Express
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top