Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Pro sports? To each his own, I guess. They're just not for me. I can always think of something better to do than watch sports...  

Like surfing arfcom!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
To me a super bowl is a tolet with arm rests and a magazine rack.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From what I have read on the web, the game is half over, and I couldnt even tell you what teams are playing. Over paid, under brained jerkoffs, they better be glad that that there exists a thing such as football.

------flame suit on.

Agree. Also didn't know or care what teams were playing. Have little if any use for the Stuporbowl, or any other professional sports for that matter. Will watch some college football, maybe some of the olympics, and a little F1 racing ,but thats about it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
John Madden needs to STFU.....

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is an example of how much I care about profesional sports (in general).

I noticed the NBA basketball season had started when somebody was complaining about the Blazers not making the playoffs (again).

I realized NFL had started it's season when I noticed some hot chick in a cheer-leader outfit on a Coors Light bilboard.

I had a hunch the Superbowl was on it's way when that hot chick was replaced by a "not quite as hot and a little bit bigger" chick in a cheer-leader outfit on a Coors Light / Superbowl billboard.  Not sure why they choose to lable the poor girl as "XL".  She was a little thicker than the previous girl, but not what I would call Extra Large.

I found out the NHL had been on strike when I saw a headline that the strike was over.

I think a baseball season happened, sometime.  Could be still going, not sure.

Why the hell is somebody paid $1,000,000.00 / year to play "fetch" with a ball?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]
i never cared about proffesional sports, i never watched them, and i've never understood the "craze".  i couldn't sit through a football game if you paid me to.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Three words:

Women's Beach Volleyball.

Everything else can be ignored.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#10]
it doesn't affect me, other than giving me an idea that there may be riots.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't stand sports espically super hyped crap like the stupid bowl but I wish we had one every weekend since the freeways were clear for my drive into work tonight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I couldn't care less either.

GR
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Three words:

Ok Ill give ya that
college VB is  not bad either
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I love sports.

I especially love when I win $3K off the Superbowl.

The Steelers rock!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here is an example of how much I care about profesional sports (in general).

I noticed the NBA basketball season had started when somebody was complaining about the Blazers not making the playoffs (again).

I realized NFL had started it's season when I noticed some hot chick in a cheer-leader outfit on a Coors Light bilboard.

I had a hunch the Superbowl was on it's way when that hot chick was replaced by a "not quite as hot and a little bit bigger" chick in a cheer-leader outfit on a Coors Light / Superbowl billboard.  Not sure why they choose to lable the poor girl as "XL".  She was a little thicker than the previous girl, but not what I would call Extra Large.

I found out the NHL had been on strike when I saw a headline that the strike was over.

I think a baseball season happened, sometime.  Could be still going, not sure.

Why the hell is somebody paid $1,000,000.00 / year to play "fetch" with a ball?  

+1 Yeah, what he said.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Professional sports has become nothing more than "thug worship".

You constantly hear things  like that  sports "star" did commit a few rapes and a murder last week BUT he sure can run!

These thugs are used to sell stupid things to stupid people.

IF the teams would self police and ban these criminals permanently from ever playing anything again I would have more respect for them, but how can you now?

I actually believe that it truly is something more sinister. That these thugs are purposefully promoted to Americans in a social engineering kind of way. "Just ignore what this guy is accused of (ie rapes, robbery, assault, drug abuse etc.) and worship his ability to pass,run, score blah blah blah." The scarey thing is most adults buy into it. And kids do not have a chance against this type of propaganda. It is saddening
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Three words:

Ok Ill give ya that
college VB is  not bad either

That's the other one worth watching, but since I don't watch TV much, I never see it on.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
HAHAHA...

Bears a repeat:

Feigning disdain for football only serves to showcase what a miserable loser you were in high school.

Get over it, already.

Theres only room for so many Al Bundys in the world.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#19]
it's harder and harder for me to listen to so many people hype athletes who, if they were 1/2 the man they are made out to be, would go enlist and serve in this time of need.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont pay any attention to the super bowl, not interested

I watched Platoon instead
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Generally speaking I'm not a sports fan.

I did watch the superbowl this year because the seahawks were in it and lets face it, that' could be a once in a lifetime event, and everybody will be talking about it for the next week.

I found it entertaining, not something I'd do every week, but once a decade or so it isn't so bad.

Football is also a purely American game, to understand football is to understand American politics as well.

The cheerleaders aren't as pretty for the political game, and instead of running and throwing and catching and blocking the players lie and cheat  and steal and manipulate, but it's basically the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I honestly dont know who is in the super bowel. I dont like team sports, but I will watch a couple of world cup matches and the olympics
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Not a care at all, in fact I had a great time at the outdoors store being able to walk the isles without people getting in my way. The lady at the check out counter actually told me that I just might make it home in time for the game like I actually cared.

The drive home was even better since the roads were almost empty making a usual 2.5 hour round trip on the road almost cut in half

Sooo, who won the game anyways?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:49:21 AM EDT
[#24]
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to
the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature,
are t oo violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your
walks.
       --- Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785. The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, (Memorial Edition) Lipscomb and Bergh,
   editors.
Nuff said....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#25]
They don't call it the Stupidbowl for nothing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:42:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#27]
i don't watch football, either....i couldn't tell you who won the game.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:59:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From what I have read on the web, the game is half over, and I couldnt even tell you what teams are playing.

That's me exactly. I don't understand how people can think you're a "gun nut", but have their favorite team's logo tattooed on their arm, decals on their car, team flag on the front porch, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

I'm not against sports, I'd just rather play them than watch.

+ 1 million
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, it was like deja vu.
Seems that every single year someone feels the need to make a thread like this to show how "above it all" they are, and how much more sophisticated they are than the "Sheeple" who enjoy watching football.
Frankly, what I don't give 2 shits about is threads like this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:08:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What is this super bowl you speak of?

+1  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I did not care at all.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:35:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Did some one say....MotoGP?

Of course....mostly it's just a professional interest, since I used to ride one of these:

ETA:  Booted off Motors 'cause I wasn't making my beans.

Sheep

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#33]
So........ Who won?

Hell...... WHO PLAYED?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, don't care about sports
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#35]
No interest in sports here.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I am only interested in sports/hobbies that involve gasoline and gunpowder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You care so little about the Super Bowl that you decided to post about it?

Exactly. If you don't care then why even bother to post that you don't care?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:56:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
HAHAHA...

Bears a repeat:

Feigning disdain for football only serves to showcase what a miserable loser you were in high school.

Get over it, already.

+1

It seems the only people who hate sports, were the ones that were never any good at them while growing up.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#39]
During the 6 hours the pre-game, game and post game was on I:

fixed a flat tire
mulched my apple trees
fixed a section of fence
did some reloading
and would have gone shooting, but it started to rain, so
I started a Larry Bond book "Red Phoenix" that somehow I missed.

I have better things to do with my time than watch professional sports.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I have always liked playing sports and played many in school. But I could care less about professional sports and anything to do with it.

I went to the range yesterday instead!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
HAHAHA...

Bears a repeat:

Get over it, already.

+1

It seems the only people who hate sports, were the ones that were never any good at them while growing up.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Professional sports has become nothing more than "thug worship".

You constantly hear things  like that  sports "star" did commit a few rapes and a murder last week BUT he sure can run!

These thugs are used to sell stupid things to stupid people.

IF the teams would self police and ban these criminals permanently from ever playing anything again I would have more respect for them, but how can you now?

I actually believe that it truly is something more sinister. That these thugs are purposefully promoted to Americans in a social engineering kind of way. "Just ignore what this guy is accused of (ie rapes, robbery, assault, drug abuse etc.) and worship his ability to pass,run, score blah blah blah." The scarey thing is most adults buy into it. And kids do not have a chance against this type of propaganda. It is saddening

I gotta agree
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Profesional sports are overated.  I could honestly not give a shit about them...

I just cannot get excited about watching other people play a game.

I will watch Hockey and boxing on occasion... That's because I like to watch people beat the shit out of each other
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HAHAHA...

Bears a repeat:

Get over it, already.

+1

*shrug*

You gota point there...

I hate sports...and I suck at almost all of them, except for shooting of course...

But I don't see anything wrong with it...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#45]
I care for the simple reason that it promots health and fitness. Which most people on this forum dont seem to care about along with sports.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
From what I have read on the web, the game is half over, and I couldnt even tell you what teams are playing. Over paid, under brained jerkoffs, they better be glad that that there exists a thing such as football.

------flame suit on.

I concur 100%
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You care so little about the Super Bowl that you decided to post about it?

No shit!
Granted, I really did not care who won...but without the superbowl, or sports for that matter, what other reason would we have to sit in front of a TV set and drink, eat junkfood and yell at people who cannot hear us to, "Pass the ball!"

You just go ahead and try doing all that while watching Oprah...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh look. It is the semi-weekly "I'm better than these common troglodytes who watch sports" elitist little shit thread.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Yup,

Dont really care for professional sports. High School football is fun and exciting to watch, as they are playing with heart and having some fun. Anything past that is utterly bankrupt as far as having any type of heart and soul in the game of football.

So, pro players are just a crock of crap to me.

But, oddly enough, I dont mind watching a pro hockey game. Meh, go figure eh?

In general, pro sports are the suck in my mind.

Much rather watch a documentary or a movie or play some vid games.

Just my.0002 cents

Out
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#50]
My team didnt make it to the bowl so I didnt give a rat's ass this year, I avoid all the hype and watch the commercials online afterwards
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top