Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent movie.  Really intense shoot out at the end, but it needed more reloading.

Hated the attempt at moral equivalency.  That should've been left out.

Page 2
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Love it, the final scene of the fight in the building is great
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think Ray Charles is a good actor. Sure he can sing great but in movies..........oh crap wait that isn't Ray Charles is it...........hrmmm   feels duped.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
On of my favorites

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good movie. The Freeway scene was filmed a couple miles down the 202 loop from my house.

No shit? I would have guessed that was somewhere in the middle east. It looked JUST like the stretch of road we used all the time at PSAB (Prince Sultan Air Base).
Fun fact: PSAB was constructed by the Bin Laden group. I shit you not.
Bin Laden's family owns a giant construction business in Saudi, they've disowned him and he thinks they're a bunch of infidel-lovers.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It was great, right up to the attempt at moral equivalence right there at the very end.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Love it, the final scene of the fight in the building is great

For once you didn't have to sit there and think FIGHT BACK.  She kicked ass.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#9]
It was a very good movie once you get past the blatant historical revisionism at the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#10]
It was a great movie. You know a lot of people thought "kill them all" after 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Good firefight scene at the end but...going into an enemy held urban area with elevated positions...????   The good guys would have gotten their asses handed to them.

Yet another Jamie Fox/Michael Mann win.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Fucker!

You just made me buy the 2 disc limited edition.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Great movie. Ive seen it 10 times.....I think 11 will be today
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#15]
7/10

Jennifer Garner I like.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#16]
The moral equivalency thing at the end ruined it.

Other than that, you knew Jennifer Gardner was going to stab that guy in the crotch once she pulled that knife out.

And I've asked this before on the hometown forum,...

Can you stab someone in the forehead with a tactical folder?

Seems like a pretty hard target to penetrate, even with a fixed blade.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I got a new one:

Is that the knife Jennifer Gardner used in The Kingdom?

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
It is on my short list, AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#19]

I wasn't impressed with the movie.  I'm a tough critic though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Liked it a lot till I heard it was financed by the Saudis to make them seem friendly to the west.

I still like it but its not the same now IMO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Liked it a lot till I heard it was financed by the Saudis to make them seem friendly to the west.

If it was the Saudis who financed it then they need their money back.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I love that movie. Bought it on DVD a few months ago. It is really disturbing, but a fantastic movie, where you get to see some terrorist idiots get what they have coming to them. I love that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they made us look the same as the terrorists at the end of the movie...I will never watch it again, I am glad I didn't pay money to see it.

YMMV.

How did it make us look just like them at the end?  

As said before, Fox's character regretted saying that 'they would kill them all' when they asked him what he told Garner's character after they found out about the bombing.

I don't recall him ever saying he regretted it.

Perhaps the director and writers wanted you to come to that conclusion from the last scene, but I don't ever recall hearing Jaime saying that he regretted it.

He said, "We're gonna kill em all" and then walked off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Seen it about ten times now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Gee for once, Fuckywood takes a good and honest look at what our fighting men are doing trying to defend our nation against jihadists, not to mention all the innocent people who get hurt by those same jihadists.

PS I like the shoot out scene near the end of the movie, and found the jihadists, who kept fiddling witht the camera while taping read speach before the kidnapped guy was supposed to be beheaded, comical.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Ha, someone needs to get that Saudi Police officer (forgot his name) some sights on his rifle!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they made us look the same as the terrorists at the end of the movie...I will never watch it again, I am glad I didn't pay money to see it.

YMMV.

As said before, Fox's character regretted saying that 'they would kill them all' when they asked him what he told Garner's character after they found out about the bombing.

Perhaps the director and writers wanted you to come to that conclusion from the last scene, but I don't ever recall hearing Jaime saying that he regretted it.

True, he didn't actually say he regretted it, but like you said, they left it up to you to interpret if he still felt the same after his new friend (Francis?) was killed.

That's how I took it.  It showed that Fox's character had seen another side of the people in that corner of the world and most likely wouldn't want to 'kill them all' whereas the terrorist were still hell bent on killing any and every American and supporter that they could.

7.5/10 for me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not "the Saudis" in general, but the kings or some shit. Paid money to have them painted as cooperative and friendly towards the US. I'm on my phone or I would post links. Check the Wiki page.

Not something I'm too terribly fired up about, just kind of took the edge of awesomeness off it.

For all I know, i may need to brush up on my "who financed this movie" trivia.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

YMMV.

I must have missed that part.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV.

No.

Everyone is sorta standing around.  The scene is quiet.  Everyone is absorbed in thought.  Reflective.

"Sir, what was it you said to Janet to make her stop crying?"

"I said that 'we're gonna kill 'em all'"

The scene is somber.  Foxx's character has a sort of regretfull introspective look on his face.

I've described the scene best as i can remember.  Draw what conclusions you will.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit

Anyway, great movie.  The attempt at moral equivalence (thats what it was, whether or not you saw it that way) slightly detracts from it, but it doesn't stop it from kicking all kinds of ass.

ETA:  The problem with the ending is this.  When Foxx said "we're gonna kill 'em all" he obviously was talking about terrorists.  Outside of a few crazies, nobody wants to kill all Muslims.  When the bad guy said it, he obviously was talking about ALL westerners.  To try and draw comparisons between the two statements was wrong.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV.

No.

Everyone is sorta standing around.  The scene is quiet.  Everyone is absorbed in thought.  Reflective.

"Sir, what was it you said to Janet to make her stop crying?"

"I said that 'we're gonna kill 'em all'"

The scene is somber.  Foxx's character has a sort of regretfull introspective look on his face.

I've described the scene best as i can remember.  Draw what conclusions you will.

Yep...you could tell his character kinda felt foolish for saying it after he befriended the officer that was killed.  He realized that there were good people in that country, where as the terrorist instilled it in their young that America is evil and should be dealt with no matter what.  

Not the same by any means.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#34]
When I was in Saudi Arabia they would not let us watch
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Loved it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Noticing nice trigger discipline!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I thought it was a pretty good movie.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Noticing nice trigger discipline!!

And no rear sight, or a usable sighting device
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Was it really moral equivalence at the end when the film is considered on a whole?

The radicals are bad guys, and never at any point is their point of view portrayed as "right"

At no point is the audience expected to empathize with the bad guys
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

YMMV.

Just finished "The Kingdom".

The quotes at the end did make us, at first, look the same.  The difference is that Foxx's character was sorry he said it. . .the kid took that quote as a goal.

Surprised by how good the movie was.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not "the Saudis" in general, but the kings or some shit. Paid money to have them painted as cooperative and friendly towards the US. I'm on my phone or I would post links. Check the Wiki page.

Not something I'm too terribly fired up about, just kind of took the edge of awesomeness off it.

For all I know, i may need to brush up on my "who financed this movie" trivia.

There was some funding provided by the Saudis...

click

Like I said, past the historical revisionism at the beginning (that the Saudis are just as much victims as we are, etc.) it was a very good movie.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Hmm, I believe it was filmed in Dubai or Bahrain or UAE not even Saudi.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Watched it the other night on HBO, pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#44]
a most excellent movie
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The moral equivalency thing at the end ruined it.

Other than that, you knew Jennifer Gardner was going to stab that guy in the crotch once she pulled that knife out.

And I've asked this before on the hometown forum,...

Can you stab someone in the forehead with a tactical folder?

Seems like a pretty hard target to penetrate, even with a fixed blade.

yeah that was one thing i was kind of like .. i think that would have bounced off his skull. (ok maybe not bounce, but be deflected by the curvature of the skull)  But then again i dont have too much experience in diving things into craniums, so maybe i'm wrong..
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#46]
It's a must see for anyone who wants a thumbnail view of the war we're fighting now. I like this one and "Body of Lies."

Jason Bateman's reaction to being grabbed is a good example for anyone grabbed by Islamo-fuckbags, fight, fight, and fight some more. Make them kill you straight off and don't be led like a sheep to the (videoed) slaughter
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's a must see for anyone who wants a thumbnail view of the war we're fighting now. I like this one and "Body of Lies."

i liked that one too.  i've been pondering picking it up on DVD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't like the "Attempt at Moral Equivalence"?

Think about this, the "Enemy" is not the Muslim religion no more than saying the KKK represent all Christian beliefs.

The BAD GUYS don't realize they are BAD, they DO THINK that they are doing right....

The Flurry character in "The Kingdom" did realize after his "We are going to kill every one of them" that some of them are actually on his side.
The Bad Guy character said the same thing with his dying breath to a grandson thus perpetuating the hate.

Basically if you HATE all Muslims then you ARE the exact same as the "Islamists" are. You just don't believe as strongly as they do. Your conviction is weak.

Just sayin.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I didnt like it.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top