Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry 1 of 2. I usually carry my Benchmade because 1/2 as wide, and about 1/2 as light as my Kershaw Ken Onion Boa. I can flip the Benchmade open & closed real quick, but the Kershaw is a little more difficult to close due to the liner lock, but is "spring assisted".
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
this baby will soon be rattlin' around in my pocket...

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2e1f4f/bc/My+Photos/sngbacks.jpg?bcBbeA.AGPJLTgDT[/img]

the tanto i mean...
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Colinjay-Are those Stryder?  Own one of their larger fixed blades and absolutely love it.  Great for deer season!!
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
yah its the new strider SnG
not out until later this month
dont ask how much it costs,
its my christmas present to myself
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I always carry my Chris Reeves large Sebenza.  While at work I carry a small Sebenza.  Sometimes a MicroTech automatic, like the LUDT.
Always.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Every day of my life for the past fifteen years I have had a small Victorinox connected to a AAA Mini-Maglite along with a chapstick in my right-front pocket.  On weekends, I also carry a Swiss Tool on my belt.  While hunting or fishing, add an old BuckLite to the belt as well.  Additionally, I have carried on and off for the same period a small S.O.G. or Spyderco Ladybug in the right-front pocket as well.

To be without a pocket knife is like forgetting your watch.  You just feel nekked without it.  With the new travel restrictions, I'm always at a loss when I travel until I can get my pocket knife out of my checked bag.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Spyderco Clipit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Long ago in a galaxy far away (Phoenix, AZ), I was walking my black lab and we were attacked by a stray dog. After breaking up the dogs, we both had to make a trip to the emergency room.

$1000.00 later, I now ALWAYS carry my Benchmade!

Dave
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I always carry my Victorinox Trailmaster.  It has a liner locking blade and flathead screwdriver, bone/wood saw and actually fits the hand properly.  I actually managed to get my Uncle to start carrying one when all that he has used since the 60's is a Case Sodbuster.

Here is a pic:
[img]http://www.victorinox.ch/newsite/images/produkte/0-8463-3.jpg[/img]

You can see me using it to skin a deer in my gallery, but I won't post it since some here might have weak stomachs.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#10]
carry one all the time.  like to mix it up occasionally, but all have the handle/pocket clip.

spyderco delica
bm auto mel pardue
bm auto mini stryker
bm afo
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Always have it with me......

[img]www.members.cox.net/wbarnett12/hat&knife.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Benchmade-Emerson CQC-7 or a cold steel voyager tanto. im seeing more and more steel clips on pockets these days!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Always have it with me......

[url]www.members.cox.net/wbarnett12/hat&knife.jpg[/url]
View Quote

I saw that offer too late.  I would have been all over one of those CRKT 1* models.  I have been looking at every gun show since and haven't found a decent price on the one I want.  Anybody got one of the AR15.com's for sale?  PM me!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I carry a Darrel Ralph Design Archlite Cuda with the optional belt clip. Feel naked without it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I've carried everyday since grade school. These days it is a Swiss Army slimline w/cigar cutter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I do except for when I'm at the office. Seems everyone I know here in TX carries some sort of a knife or gun. Crazy bastards!!!
View Quote

Yep!
I'm a corporate slave. The suits get used to it. "That's not a knife, that is a weapon." A few say when referring to the tactical folder that i have clipped in my jean pocket, everyday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#17]
i carry a titanium coated, full-size CUDA and a kershaw VAPOR II at all times
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry a Spyderco Police model everyday.

I sometimes carry my Busse Combat Mean Street.

I used to carry my Busse Steel Heart everyday, but I've become lazy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#19]
At work I carry a swiss army knife that was made for Sig Inc. It was given to me by a Sig tech that was visiting from across the pond. But at home I have a nice Buck folder with a belt clip, these knives fit in my jeans watch pocket perfectly. I am glad they left the watch pocket on the new jeans just for this reason, as I don't know anyone that really carries a watch in the watch pocket. I remember when I was a boy, seeing grown men using the watch pocket for a watch.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#20]
For those days when I just feel mean.
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~nokarma/Vaquero2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://www.benchmade.com/images/products/beauty_shot_blowup/721.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.gerberblades.com/images/products/8239.gif[/img]

Carry both of these every day.

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Everyday!  Front left pocket: keys (with Photon 3 LED light).  Front right: Schrade lockblade, hankerchief (okay so I'm a bit "old school" for a 27 year old), & chap stick.  On belt: Letherman & pager.  I work in an office so my jacket conceals the Letherman, so I don't look too out of place.

I eventually plan to get a Spyderco Delica and an Emerson CQC7.  Stocking stuffers!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Buck Protoge.  Fits my need pretty nicely and doesn't look scary, so only the most hardcore of the hopolophobes think "Oooh, scary knife, Ick Ick Ick!"
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Everyday, usually it's the Benchmade [my favorite] but today for some reason it's the Boker.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I carry so much stuff these days I have to carry a bag for it all.  IN MY POCKET is always a knife.  That's the way I was raised.  I would feel undressed without one![:I][:I]

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I always carry my Victorinox Trailmaster.  It has a liner locking blade and flathead screwdriver, bone/wood saw and actually fits the hand properly.  I actually managed to get my Uncle to start carrying one when all that he has used since the 60's is a Case Sodbuster.

Here is a pic:
[url]http://www.victorinox.ch/newsite/images/produkte/0-8463-3.jpg[/url]

You can see me using it to skin a deer in my gallery, but I won't post it since some here might have weak stomachs.

-White Horse
View Quote

That's a real nice knife, White_Horse. I ended up with a slightly different model so that there's be a corkscrew. One should never be without a bottle opener and a corkscrew!

I like all of the "gentelman's" knives and the tactical folders, but defensive use aside, I find them less practical.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#27]
A Kershaw 1550 Blackout clipped in the right pocket for defensive use only, a standard Leatherman in the LH pocket (one of 3 that I own) for a working knife. And either the Walther PPK or the Glock 19 & spare mags as usual with the shirt tucked.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Do a Leatherman Tool on the belt and a 1" Swiss knife on a keychain count?

No?

Well, how about Mr Makarov under my arm? [:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a pic:
[url]http://www.victorinox.ch/newsite/images/produkte/0-8463-3.jpg[/url]

-White Horse
View Quote

That's a real nice knife, White_Horse. I ended up with a slightly different model so that there's be a corkscrew. One should never be without a bottle opener and a corkscrew!

I like all of the "gentelman's" knives and the tactical folders, but defensive use aside, I find them less practical.
View Quote

Thanks EMOTO, we truly enjoy this knife.  I have used it to skin and dress game, cut bones, cut the seatbelt from an accident victim, open cans of tuna, fix computers, and the list goes on.  I wouldn't trade it for a simple blade only knife as a daily carry.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#30]
3" stainless Buck lockblade in the pocket -- always, even when wearing shorts.
Leatherman in the briefcase.
Fingernail clippers on the keychain.

Lager,
sgt_seti
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#31]

One of Benchmade's autos with serrated/tanto blade.

J
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm an airline pilot and my govt trusts me to carry 200 citizens all over the country but they don't trust me to carry a pocket knife anymore.  When I was "allowed to", I carried a little Spyderco.  I also carried a Leatherman which has a couple of knife blades and is very handy to have around.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been carrying a knife of some kind since I was 6 years old. My frist knife was a Barlow "gimme knife" with Big Smith on the plastic handles. I've carried the same Buck 301 in my front pocket since Feb of 1979. Also carry a A. G. Russell one hander that I've carried since 86 or so.

Could you imagine what would happen to a first grader carrying a pocket knife to school today?
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I've carried a pocket knife since I was in high school, maybe back to grade school.  I've been carrying the same little Swiss Army knife for the last 12 years or so.  I just have to remember to take it out of my pocket before I go to a courthouse with a metal detector.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Left pocket - Benchmade/Emerson CQC7B-LH
Right front, horizontal belt sheath - Gerber Applegate/Fairbairn FS folder (accessible to both hands...)

I was taught around age 5 that a man is not dressed without a decent knife - it's more important than underwear (ain't it the truth!)

My wife used to ask me why I carry a knife everywhere, I found a small Gerber folder with a 2" blade and let her answer her own question.  She's just like me on knives now...

FFZ
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Everyday, everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Of course! I need to get a folder that will pass muster in RI. The HK logo CQC style I have is too long for, ahem,[i] legal carry[/i], and has (eek!) a serrated blade. [:(!]

Always have some form of Victorinox Swiss Army knife in my pocket! [;)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#38]
this is my favorite pocket knife.

[img]http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/images/pic_knife.jpg[/img]

ian
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I have carried a pocket knife since I was 12 years old, and yes even to school. That was when kids knew how to act, because when you got home you got your ass set on fire. No it wasn't that long ago I am 35.

I carried a SOG Auto Clip the last 8 years it been through alot, been fixed by the factory twice for free. It is about time to retire it for one of the new Sog Flash....very nice.

Greg
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I started carrying a Cold Steel Recon 1 about a year ago. Now, I feel strange leaving the apartment without it. Before that, I carried a mini-swiss army on my keychain. I'm thinking of carrying that again so I can open boxes and stuff without the 4in black blade scaring wimps.

Ever since I started carrying it, I notice a lot of people with pocketknives visibly carried. Nobody seems to care about it. Mine is usually hidden, and I always wonder how many other people have knives that I can't see.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#41]
One of those little blue Victorinox things in front right pocket.

Miz Arock always has a Spyderco on her.  It's damned amazing how fast she gets that thing out.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I carry a Spiderco and or a Gerber folder. They stay pretty much messed up with me being a Mechanic and all. Needless to say, they get abused frequently.
MM419
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/images/pic_knife.jpg[/url]

ian
View Quote

What is that?

Never seen anything like it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Medium Swiss Army Knife, fit's in small watch pocket of my jeans, comes in handy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#45]
I always have a Leatherman Wave on my belt, and a small Swiss army knife on my keychain.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#46]
I carry a CRKT M16-02 everyday.  I take it to school, work, and wherever else I go.  No ones ever given me any hassle or trouble with it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/images/pic_knife.jpg[/url]

its a GRAD 22 AOW knife.
ian
View Quote

What is that?

Never seen anything like it.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top