Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Zachary Taylor , my Grandma on my moms side was a Taylor.

Mary Queen of Scots,  my Grandpa on my Dads side was a decendent of the Stuarts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
General Braxton Bragg , Confederacy ..several grandfather 's back  on my mom's side of the family
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not distant but Kelly Ripa from Regis and Kelly fame and Hope and Faith is my first cousin on my fathers side.  

Ha... that means that you can't hit it!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not distant but Kelly Ripa from Regis and Kelly fame and Hope and Faith is my first cousin on my fathers side.  

Ha... that means that you can't hit it!!!

mother was the 13th cousin to george washington, makes me the 14th, not exactly a claim to fame but hey, dont hear it every day
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Stephen Fuller Austin.  Direct decendant.

Oh, forgot....wife is related to Rommel.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Distant... Celine Dion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Heck Thomas link link 2
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
From my fathers side,John Holmes
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
General George Patton on my mothers side.  

SM
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
On my mom's side, Zero Mostel.

On my dad's, maybe Yitzhak Shamir.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Lessee:

My mother is cousin to the governor of one of the British West Indies (she was born there)

My wife is related by marriage to the children of Roy Rogers.

I am a son of Obscurity.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The Italian side of the family doesn't talk about it, but Benito Mussolini was a relative.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Stephen Fuller Austin.  Direct decendant.

Oh, forgot....wife is related to Rommel.

Sheep

Your kid should be a military genius.  Get him an appointment to West Point.  We need another Patton.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The Italian side of the family doesn't talk about it, but Benito Mussolini was a relative.

I know the feeling, family reunions are a hoot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Great Great.... Uncle was Thomas Hart Benton. The father of manifest destiny.  (The eventual expansion of the US territory to the Pacific Ocean)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Mark Vanderloo is my cousin.

More of his stuff:Calvin Klein add and others

Kent
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn! I typed a response earlier and now I don't see it. What did I do? Forget to hit submit?

Oh well.

Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.

My maternal grandmother was born in 1898, but I'm not sure if she was his granddaughter or his sisters. But it is a old family tale and a cousin confirmed it in a college geneology course in the early '70s. But I've never found out which it is. And now grandma, my mom and her sister (the oldest child) are all gone.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Clyde Barrow
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I am related to one of the Younger brothers from the James-Younger gang on my fathers side, also Scottish royalty but that was long, long ago.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Great great Grandson of Baron Trombetti of Italy - who left a HUGH and highly protected monetary estate that got embroiled into A LIMBO of the RC Church, the fascist government of WWII and secret political deals.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Sam Morse, painter, inventor, etc. was a distant uncle.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]
General John J. Pershing is my 5th cousin.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#24]
On my mother's side:

"Ragnvald Eysteinsson, The Wise (830-890) (Old Norse: Rögnvaldr Mærajarl), Earl of Sunnmøre, Nordmøre and Romsdal, was born in Maer Nord-Trøndelag, Norway and died at the Orkney Islands.

He was son of Eystein Glumra the Noisy, Earl of Oppland, and grandson of Halfdan the Old.

His second wife was Ragnhild Ragnhild Hrolfsdottir (Raghldr (Hldr) Hrolfsdóttir) daughter of Hrolfr Nefjaa. Ragnvald was the father of Hrolf Ganger, the founder of Normandy. He was also the father of Turf-Einar, the ancestor of the jarls of Orkney.

He was the direct ancestor to William I of England, Edward III of England, James I of England, and, therefore, Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. He is therefore the ancestor of most of the royal families of Europe." Yeah, and half the people living in the US and Canada

My ex-wife is a second cousin to the Osmonds. We used to get invitations to their family reunions. She went once as a teenager, but her little brother got in a fistfight with Donny and Marie's little brother Jimmy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Growing up I had a Grandmother who was very into geneology.

I am related (distantly and without direct decendency) to Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett & Meriwether Lewis. Obviously so are 1,000s of people.

But it was cool to know when I was growing up. Made me appreciate guys like Boone as a kid.

David, Moses, and about a billion others.

Once had Dick Rutan stay at our house. He was a friend of my dad.

ben
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Andrew Jackson
Washington Irving
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#27]
tom jones, william wallace.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Not directly, but distantly related to the great Alexander H Stephens.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#29]
We are very distant cousins of Washington's mother's family.  My great uncle twice (Dad's mom's sister) was John Wesley Howard, aide to General Grant, and of the family of John Eager Howard, of Baltimore.

My wife's family traced back to the bastard son of an Italian princess.  SBK is half Southern blueblood, and half Mafia.  No wonder he likes to fight..

Ops
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#30]
George S Patton.

Great Grandfathers cousin.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Only one I know of was my great great uncle Hiram NMSight who was a famous glass blower.

He finally died at work one day.

Got the hiccoughs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I heard stories growing up that I was related to Abraham Lincoln and The Carpenters [for all you young punks they were popular in the late 60's early 70's].  I don't know.  I come from a long line of Irish Catholics and my family imigrated from Ireland after the Civil War.  I sort of doubt either.

Long story short?  People should want to be related to me, not visa versa.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I screwed Brook Burke in High school does that count?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I screwed Brook Burke in High school does that count?

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Pendletons. (fathers side) I was told there was a book of decendants kept at Camp Pendleton, which my Grandmother's children were not permitted to be recorded in because she married beneath her royal line.  She married an Irish railroad worker.  I hear there was also a tool company they had going at one time, I have a keychain that was my uncles, somewhere.  Is that famous or just snobby?  Oh well.  
Also, my grandmother on my mothers side was a cousin to Ronnie Milsap.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Abraham Lincoln make that Mary Todd Lincoln and Richard Speck
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Woodrow Wilson ,on my mothers side.

Same here, only on my paternal grandmother's side.  How's it goin' cuz?

Also, Orel Hershiser is my second cousin.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Distantly related to (on my Father's mother's side of the family):

Freiherr Manfred Von Richtofen (a.k.a. The Red Baron)
Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got a senator and other politicians.  Also, police chiefs and other member of the government including local, state, and federal judges.  Oh, and numerous major car dealerships as well as investment bankers.  I'm prety much covered if I get into any kinf of deep shit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#40]
George Washington.  It was a "thing" in my family until a few generations ago, to name the first male child, George Washington [Surname.]   My best friend and I learned last year (from an exhaustively researched book a cousin wrote) that we have a common ancestor--G. W. [Surname.]

Anne Boleyn.  

My family used to own almost the entire island of Barbados.  This distant relative--a grand parent--became exceptionally wealthy in the rum business.  This relative also regained a Title after very successfully conducting counter-piracy for the English Crown.  Previously, the Title was stripped when his father was banished from the colonies in the late 17th century.    I forget how much land in Virginia was granted to him--some fantastic amount.  He was Sir Thomas [Surname.]  

There are more still-famous people, and even more forgotten ones.  Everyone has such a past, but most don't know it.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh yeah, my brother-in-law's brother draws comic books.  I know he drew X-Men for a while.  Not sure if he's still doing that or working on other stuff right now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top