Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
BOAs aren't techs...  There are some great BAOs out there, I am not basing them.

They don't handle bang nor are they paid to.

The EEO program is pretty neat but there are how many EEOs in the county??  yeah..  not a big list.  

The CES program could be fun..  you aren't doing SAD but you still get to do stuff.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was ordnance in the Army, and did a little EOD work as part of the course. My personal credo when it comes to bombs or UXO is "wrap it with C4 and det cord, and detonate in place."
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was ordnance in the Army, and did a little EOD work as part of the course. My personal credo when it comes to bombs or UXO is "wrap it with C4 and det cord, and detonate in place."

Yeah well EOD's motto for a BIP is "CLOSE TO BUT NOT TOUCHING"

Of course we cannot BIP everything though - sometimes we have to exploit the evidence for intel.

You either are EOD or are not EOD - just because I applied a pressure dressing & started an IV on a wounded guy doesn't make me a Medic.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BOAs aren't techs...  There are some great BAOs out there, I am not basing them.

They don't handle bang nor are they paid to.

The EEO program is pretty neat but there are how many EEOs in the county??  yeah..  not a big list.  

The CES program could be fun..  you aren't doing SAD but you still get to do stuff.

Many BAO's are former EOD techs (some are HDS folks), BAO's have to make realistic IED training aids and have to keep current on IED threats.  There are also "other duty postings" within TSA that BAO's can apply for that have a RSP authority.  Outside of the DoD TSA has the most current Techs.

BATFE EEO's: "ATF currently has 28 EEOs, three supervisory EEOs, and three EEO program managers stationed throughout the country."

CES?  Are you talking about TSD?  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#5]
My job was only to find them, dance around and point at it, yell "cookie dough!",  then run like hell.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top