Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Lut: [b]On the topic of guns; I dunno. I've never seen it as a huge issue to me. I figure people ought to own some and there's groups like the NRA to see that they do. If some idiot blows their head off or lets their 4-year-old shoot his brother by accident, it's their fault and their problem. They can choke to death on chicken for that matter; anything is equally dangerous in different people's hands. EVERYTHING is great material for people to start ban proposals on, so guns don't stand out as a bigger issue (to me) than anything else which gets the yuppie soccer moms aroused.[/b]

You know, I am just speechless at this.  In my opinion, this is the [i]proper[/i] way to approach this issue.  I didn't know there was anybody left who thought like this.
View Quote

Maybe we should start a petition to ban soccer moms.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe we should start a petition to ban soccer moms.
View Quote

I'd donate money to that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
apparently the discussion is still on, and its "kinda" civil, cept for the occasional stupid words (on both sides) this could be a good debate.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I think they've blocked people from coming over from ar15.com because the link only brings up a no server message.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can own a LE AR15, I can buy a brand-new SIG 550, you can't. Canada isnt that bad, and where defenetly 10 times better then California.
View Quote

They must be real fun, too, shooting no more than 5 rounds at a time and all.... [;)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:28:55 AM EDT
[#7]
just a bunch of punk kids
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, and Doom isn't outdated either. It happens to be open source, and right now, if you like, you can play Doom at 1600 by 1200 in 32 bit color with full OpenGL enhancements. I'd like to see YOUR computer do that. =)
View Quote

I'd like to show you!  SGI550 w/ 2 1000mhz Pentium Xeon processors, VPRO graphics, SCSI everything and 2GB of 400mhz ram.  (Did I mention DSL?)  

Lightweight.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
A3kid, sounds like a hell of a puter! You should log into their forum and find that bragging little punk and make him your envious bitch with your setup!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember reading the columns after the Columbine shootings.

Something to the tune of: "Not only did Klebold and Harris (sp.?) play Doom, they also made their own levels."

Doom is pretty realistic.  Did you know that a side-by-side shotgun has 40% more firepower than a rocketlauncher?  That gatling guns shoot the same ammo as handguns?  That handguns and gatling guns feed through "clips"?

Don't make me telefrag you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I find this amusing. People waving computers or cars or big guns (I'm going to get it for that one) around instead of their dicks. Hahahahah.

1. I never said MY computer could do that. My video card is capable of it but my monitor isn't. Even then there's no point in doing so, dropping the res to 1280 by 1024 barely affects graphics on a 19 inch monitor but there sure is a hell of a framerate diffence.

2. Dual 1000mhz Pentiums? Wow, that's absofuckinglutely amazing. I bet you'd like to meet my friend Katarhyne and ONE of her machines that has dual AthlonXP 1900+, 2 gigs of the fastest DDR and two 10,000 rpm harddrives scsi raid whatever bullshit so they both work at the same time. Oh, and she always buys the latest video cards the day they come out.

I could have a machine like that but I don't. No reason. I don't work on my computer and I don't have some sort of speed fetish.

I don't need a gigantic car either. What I have works. If I was going to buy a gun I'd buy a Glock 21. No need for a Desert Eagle 44 or some big Goddamned rifle that could shoot down fourteen helicopters on one clip.

I try to avoid defining myself by material possesions, and if I had a computer like that I'd actually hate myself for paying so much Goddamn money for it knowing that it'd cost half as much in two years.

Dual 1000mhz Xeons, eh? Yeah, that's nice. It'd be amusing to see how much you paid for them and how much they're worth now. =)

I play Max Payne at a damn good framerate so I have no need to jack up on shit. Most of my favorite programs aren't multithreaded either so spending the extra for a dual CPU rig is also a waste of money for me.

I'm building myself an Athlon with some new fancy shit soon enough so I can play SOF2 at a rediculous framerate.

Then again, I'm sure you guys love Soldier of Fortune.

3. As for showing me up, ha, go ahead and try if you're that petty. If I haven't made it abundantly clear at this point I really don't give a rat's ass. I know enough people that are obsessive about speed and possessions and I can hang out whenever I want. I'll save my money for pepsi and narcotics.

4. As for Doom's realism, no one ever really said it was realistic. It wasn't ever meant to be. It was just meant to be fast paced, meaningless fun. And it still is. A game doesn't need to be pushing 500,000 polygons per second to be entertaining. The truth is, most games that do use bleeding edge tech are boring as fuck and have no replay value... like Max Payne. You can beat that in one sitting and never need to play it again.

It's amazing that so few people ask what a 'Space Marine' is doing with a side by side farmer's duck gun anyway. 2704 and they're still using pump action shotguns and cyclic machine guns? Wasn't the Benelli Super 90 made in 84?

Aren't the bullets coming out of a gattling gun like 80 feet apart? I heard about that because of a new single barreled gun design where the bullets are only half as far apart.

Hell, by 2704 the concept of the Infantry should be as archaic as trying to combine logic and politics is now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#12]
These guys get you folks every time.  Weather they are really anti-gun or not it touches of a firestorm of posts.  These guys know exactly how to push your button, they got your goat,they know exacly what they are doing and know what kind of reponses they are going to get.  Do you really think you'll change their mind?  Next time just let the post die and be swallowed up instead of commenting and keeping it at the top of the board.  That would be the best way to handle these jerks. I don't let them bother me, they don't even know where my goat is tied up.

Oh crap, I just added to the thread...

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't this thread dead yet?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top