Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020508/i/1020857565.2617253913.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020508/capt.1020822563.mideast_israel_palestinians_xkp101.jpg[/img]

Caption: A police officer searches for body parts after an explosion destroyed a pool hall in Rishon Letzion, Israel, Tuesday, May 7 2002. A suicide attack killed more than 15 people and injured at least 60, late Tuesday, near Tel Aviv. (AP Photo/Karel Prinsloo)
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
They must've already picked up the big chunks.

I don't see that retaliation should be out of the question (stating the obvious).
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
They may have to sit by until the US gets enough forces on the ground in Saudi before everything gets the ok. This last one was HAMAS, which I believe is Lebanese.  Israel will not be given any peice. The PLO could come out and start a birthday party for Sharon (which they won't) and Hamas and the other groups would still be bombing. So here is how the situation truly is. Every terrorist Organization in the World has terrorists operating out of the Israelie occupied territories. Arafat is just heads up the PLO. There will not be Piece there will be war.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank you, Paolo! I think your new sig line looks very nice.

Everyone who supports Israel, everyone who is against terrorism of any sort, and everyone who supports Western style democracy must unite against this person:

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020508/i/1020858227.2952994899.jpg[/img]

What a piece of ca-ca!

Eric The(Pro-US,Pro-Israeli)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

OMG....Is that a mustache, or a breeding ground for Pubes?  Someone give him a damn razor, he's got a P*ssy on his face! [puke]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The guy is a firckin [b]demon[/b].
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No arab country wants the 13 terrorist in the Nativity Church.
No European country wants the 13 terrorist in the Nativity Church.
I am Italian and I DON'T WANT any terrorist as a guest in my country.
I am really pissed off because Powell is pressing my govt. to accept those terrorist in MY country.
Maybe if Powell wants so much that someone can welcome those murderers somewhere he can put them in his house...
View Quote

Paolo, I don't blame you guys ONE DAMN BIT. Noboby wants these maniacs in their back yard, but Israel is supposed to let a terrorist nation be established next door? Anyone who thinks these murderers should be "exiled" somewhere, needs to roll out their own welcome mat.
I don't see any takers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]A little too little, a little too late![/b]

Check out the latest encyclical from Yasser 'I Can Breath A Bit Easier Now' Arafat on these last two suicide bombings:

[size=4]Arafat orders forces to prevent "all terrorist operations"[/size=4]

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat ordered his security forces to "prevent all terrorist operations against Israeli civilians" after a Hamas suicide bomber killed 16 people near Tel Aviv.

"I, as president of the Palestinian Authority, repeat my commitment to take part with the United States and the international community to fight terrorism, and give my order to the security forces to confront and prevent all terrorist operations against Israeli civilians from any Palestinian group," he said in a statement Wednesday.

The announcement came as Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon sped home to decide what response to make to the latest suicide bombing, with some ministers calling for Arafat's expulsion.

Arafat made a similar statement, saying he was willing to unconditionally implement the US-brokered Tenet truce plan, after a grisly suicide bombing in Netanya at the end of March, as Israeli tanks were already heading out of West Bank bases and toward his compound in Ramallah.

See article at:[url]http://sg.news.yahoo.com/020508/1/2p6eg.html[/url]

Eric The(TooLate,Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[b]A little too little, a little too late![/b]

Check out the latest encyclical from Yasser 'I Can Breath A Bit Easier Now' Arafat on these last two suicide bombings:

[size=4]Arafat orders forces to prevent "all terrorist operations"[/size=4]

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat ordered his security forces to "prevent all terrorist operations against Israeli civilians" after a Hamas suicide bomber killed 16 people near Tel Aviv.

"I, as president of the Palestinian Authority, repeat my commitment to take part with the United States and the international community to fight terrorism, and give my order to the security forces to confront and prevent all terrorist operations against Israeli civilians from any Palestinian group," he said in a statement Wednesday.

The announcement came as Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon sped home to decide what response to make to the latest suicide bombing, with some ministers calling for Arafat's expulsion.

Arafat made a similar statement, saying he was willing to unconditionally implement the US-brokered Tenet truce plan, after a grisly suicide bombing in Netanya at the end of March, as Israeli tanks were already heading out of West Bank bases and toward his compound in Ramallah.

See article at:[url]http://sg.news.yahoo.com/020508/1/2p6eg.html[/url]

Eric The(TooLate,Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

What Arafat says is irrelevant this time. This time what is left of his security forces will be hunting Hamas, or else... [url]http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=293163[/url].
If they are uncooperative with their new UK handlers, the world will know, and the IDF will be set loose...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The IDF showed what can be done against these terrorists, and if Arafat falls a bit short of the mark, I'm certain that the IDF will be given the high sign to solve the problem themselves.

And, buh-bye, Arafat!

Eric The(NoBotherInPacking,YouWon'tNeedIt...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
While I agree, That killing Arafat is the short term solution. Let's not kid ourselves that Arafat is running the show.

Hammas, The various Islamic Jihad factions, and most of Arafats cabinet are owned by the Hard militant Islamic core of the Iranian Goverment.

The great majority of the money you see the Saudi's giving to the Palistinains, is in fact being divided up and Shiphoned off, to the pockets of Iranian Intelligence Services and the Swiss and Carribian Island accounts of ruling Iranian Goverment Clerics. Have you seen any Palistinian Suicide bombers families that look like they just won the Lottery? No, because they are only seeing the smallest fraction of the Saudi Support for the families money.

The Saudi Goverment knows the money is going to Iran...But the Saudi's veiw this as paying tribute, while saving face, The large payments keep the Iranians from large scale effort to overthrow the Saudi Royal Family in Islamic Fundementalist Revolution.

Western and Israeli pundits, can say that Arafat is the leader of the Palistinians all they want. It's avoidance of the awful truth that no one seems willing to face.

THE UGLY FACT IS, THAT, IRAN IS BEHIND THIS WHOLE MESS. THE WEST BANK, GAZA, HAMMAS, ISLAMIC JIHAD'S, BIN LADIN, AL QUEDA...THE WHOLE MESS.

Iran is fighting a shadowy Proxy war agaist the USA and for control of the Arab and Persian Islamic World.

We can send western Paratroopers and Marines Tromping up and down the hills and valleys of Afganistan, in useless show of force missions, Like Operation Snipe Hunt.

The Israeli's can Flatten Gaza and every camp in the west bank.

It will not make a bit of difference, until both we and the Israeli's admit to ourselves, that a wider war, that will not only topple the regime of Saddam Hussien, But the Militant Islamic Fundementalist Goverment of Iran as well is a necesity, to ensure the survival of our western culture.

The State Dept hacks who keep trying to tell us that the Iranians are on the edge of change and soon will be our bossom buddies and trading partners are living in a delusional dream world, so far removed from reality, that I can hardly fathom how they hold their high paying jobs from day to day.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#11]
mattja, is that Jesse-Ventura-with-an-AK picture a likeness of, uh, you? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
As always, you are correct [b]F&L37[/b]!

Simply by removing Arafat, Israel's position is still much the same. Its enemies are greater than Yasser 'My Burnoose Is Loose' Arafat and his Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band so-called security force!

But the pain of knowing that we have yet been able to capture and kill Bin Laden, is somewhat assuaged by the fact that all of his top lieutenants and apparatchiks are being eliminated one by one.

Either by elimination in a good old fashioned air to surface missile encounter, or by capture and being squeezed sufficiently breathless to spill the [b][i]favas[/i][/b] on your erstwhile compadres, whose faces you are absolutely certain you will never see again on this side of the Veil.

So Arafat would just be a start. But, hey, you got to start somewhere!

And considering that Yasser Arafat was the founder of the Palestinian Liberation Org., back in 1964, and actually started this whole ball rolling in 1967, well it's only fair that he check out first!

Eric The(FairIsFair)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like the millons of dollars the Jewish American lobby spends on Pro-Israel public relations has paid off. I'am not pro Paly or Izzy, both don't wan't peace, both are not blameless for what is going on.
View Quote
Give it a rest.  When was the last time the Israeli's launched an incursion into Palestinian zones without provocation?  They would not do a damn thing to the Pals if this crap did not occur!

Where are all the PLO apologists on this thread?  You know, the usual "I'm not anti-Semitic, but I hate Israel" crowd.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Well you are right about a ultimate throw down between Iran and the US, but I think Iran is a minor player at the moment in this.  

This whole new campaign against Israel was designed to thwart a US invasion of Iraq.  And the conspiritors include some of our former "allies" like Jordan and espcially Saudi Arabia. The other big players are Syria and Iraq itself. They have been helping to arrange these terror attacks.

What they do not want is a US puppet government in Iraq. Which will happen at least for a transitional period.  This government would be forced to pay its foreign debt, including the 8 billion it owes to Russia, which we have promised Russia that it [i]will[/i] get. Iraq can only raise that much money by dumping oil onto the market, which would drive oil prices down to perhaps BELOW 20 dollars a barrel. Russia is ok with this, it will cost them some money in the short term, but their break even point is reportedly wayy down at 10-11 dollars US a barrel, so they are still pulling in a 100 percent profit. Most of the mid-east OPEC states including Saudi Arabia need a 25 dollar a barrel level to maintain their standard of living- that was their goal of their attempts to pump up prices last summer. At 20 dollars or less a barrel they are LOOSING money big time, and as the peace and stability in most of those countries is maintained by spreading around cash to buy loyalty this is a extreamly dangerous proposition.

Not to mention that there is the fear that Iraq might ultimately be successful in establishing a Turkish-style secular republic. Saddam's government is already secular in nature, and Iraq has a common border with Turkey and prior to the Invasion of Kuwait Turkey and Iraq were really close, the Turks considering Iraq a ally against Islamic Fundimentalism and also against the Kurdish seperatists. The Shieks do not want to deal with one of the Oil States becoming a Republic, they can only interpret that as a sign that their own days are numbered.

Yet, unlike back in the 50s when we set up the Shah and other monarchs in Asia, the US really has little CHOICE but to establish a Republic in Iraq if we toppled Saddam. Western public opinion would not allow it, and the news media keeps much better track of these things than in the 50's. The only other alternative that might work, would be division of Iraq, so that it ceased to exist, give the pieces to Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the Kurds. It would be a colossial step back toward Colonialism for the US and would be reviled in many parts of the world. But it just might be possible to make it work.
  It would be a cop-out for the US though, since ultimately what is needed in the region is more democracy.  The real source of unrest in the Islamic world is the despotic governments that run most of these countries, and use their power to amass great personal wealth at the expense of their people. The region NEEDs more Republics desperately and Iraq should be the first. Ultimatly even those Sheiks who claim to be our friends, must be overthrown in order to bring peace to the region, and their lack of support for more moves against Iraq and renewed support for Palistinian terror (for most of the 90's the Gulf States gave no aid to Arafat as punishment for siding with Saddam) is clear evidence that they understand this...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top