[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just collected about 2 dozen fresh eggs from my coop about 5 minutes ago
View Quote
Fowlist.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks exactly like a GD bullfighting thread.

Give it ten years, and we'll likely see it here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

eta:  OP, you have some really stupid friends on your facebook.
View Quote
Actually, it was posted by a friend that is farmer.  Someone posted it to demonstrate how out of touch some people can be.

The discussion was centered around Ag literacy and how some parts of the country have no idea where their food comes from.  Kind of like the chocolate milk, brown cow survey.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Chickens eat their own eggs?

who knew.
View Quote
Yeah, if you don't recover the eggs each day the birds will eat them.
Chickens will eat anything, including each other.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
these snowflakes will  go hungry come doomsday
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Roughly the same logic from the same mentally ill people.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/240319/3636638817772e42b59d74cff571fbb3-236322.jpg
View Quote

They make biodiesel buses, scro....
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It beat you didn't it?

Cuz you fucked up and let the chicken go first...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've played tic-tac-toe with a chicken.
It beat you didn't it?

Cuz you fucked up and let the chicken go first...
I was usually drunk.
I remember winning a few times.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
these snowflakes will  go hungry come doomsday
View Quote
Vegan food riot at the "Community" garden  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Somebody should tell these vegans that their presence is displacing the natural habitat of chickens.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did she eat her baby to replenish what she lost while giving birth?
View Quote

Not the baby, but they save the placenta and consume it to absorb the fetus aura.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#11]
1 - I'm officially dumber having read that.....the level of retardation in the country is astounding sometimes.

2 - As a resident of a "fly over state".....I hope the liberal idiots from the coasts keep flying over and don't stop here!  Unless they want to stop in Chicago and pick up the idiots up there to take them to their rightful places on the coasts....
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why do liberals make up stupid shit like this?
View Quote
It makes them feel that they are smarter, more informed than everyone else so that they can walk around all day feeling more intelligent and morally superior to their intellectual betters.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Well played
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I always have my chickens fixed with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll admit to not knowing much about chickens, but that's a level of stupid I don't think I could achieve even with effort. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Huh.  I didn't know all that.   Is that true for transgender chickens as well?
View Quote
Ever see a cock strutting around like a drag queen?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Another reason that liberals identify with chickens; both liberals and chickens can both strut around without any brains.

This one lived 18 months without his head attached.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken

"Mike the Headless Chicken (April 20, 1945 – March 17, 1947), also known as Miracle Mike,[1] was a Wyandotte chicken that lived for 18 months after his head had been cut off. Although the story was thought by many to be a hoax, the bird's owner took him to the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah to establish the facts.[1][2]"

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#18]
My Mexican neighbors "rescue" my hens when they stop laying, then they bring me tamales or other tasty stuff.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm curious.

Why, when SJW idiots spout this shit on social media, their names all get hashed out or pixelated? Why give them a free pass at stupidity? Show their names, expose them as lunatics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Serious question from a non-farmer type. How many eggs do chickens lay normally? Just curious.
View Quote
Usually one a day except in the winter they slow down.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#21]
You know when it stops being funny?

When they demand to have restrictive legislation enacted based solely on their own idiotic belief system.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#22]
That has to be a joke. Like... please... tell me that's satire?

Please?

Fuck.

In any event, feeding whole eggs back to chickens is a terrible idea; they quickly learn to eat their own eggs.

However, feeding them shells in their diet builds calcium. Thin eggshells are a common symptom of this.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I know who needs to be sterilized in that conversation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

who knew.
View Quote
And if they don't stop, I eat them. Eggs are $$ for us.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A hen can lay only one egg in a day and will have some days when it does not lay an egg at all. The reasons for this laying schedule relate to the hen reproductive system. A hen's body begins forming an egg shortly after the previous egg is laid, and it takes 26 hours for an egg to form fully.

This is pretty much what I have heard from my friends that raise chickens in their backyards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question from a non-farmer type. How many eggs do chickens lay normally? Just curious.
A hen can lay only one egg in a day and will have some days when it does not lay an egg at all. The reasons for this laying schedule relate to the hen reproductive system. A hen's body begins forming an egg shortly after the previous egg is laid, and it takes 26 hours for an egg to form fully.

This is pretty much what I have heard from my friends that raise chickens in their backyards.
Can't be true.
When I clean old layers, there are many eggs in the tract. Of course, they range from ready to lay to a bit of goo as you go from the ass to the head.up.
If it took 26 hours for an egg to fully form, the bird would be dead from all the fully formed eggs as they only lay one a day.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They'll eat eggs, mice, other chickens... they're assholes, really 
View Quote
First you take the egg out of the chicken, then kill the chicken and put it back into the egg so you can cook it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've played tic-tac-toe with a chicken.
View Quote
The fucker beat me.

But I did get a handy from a carney behind the tilt a whirl, so that worked out good.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#28]
By far and away the most STUPID segment of our society.

Problem is there are so fucking many of them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They make biodiesel buses, scro....
View Quote
And the biodiesel that you typically see at the pumps is around 80 to 90 percent petroleum based.  They just mix 10 to 20 percent of the vegetable based stuff with it, to get liberals to pay inflated prices for the privilege of being smug.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Somebody should tell these vegans that their presence is displacing the natural habitat of chickens.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Did she eat her baby to replenish what she lost while giving birth?
View Quote
She probably ate the placenta. Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are so many of them, AND they think they are smarter than everybody else.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what makes them so fucking STUPID.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

who knew.
View Quote
My first job as a kid was raising meat chickens from hatchlings.  

I'm not going to claim to be an expert but I am experienced with both meat chickens and laying hens.  

Let me be the first to say:   NO THEY DON'T.

Egg production is related to nutrition and sunlight.  

A chicken will never crack its own egg open, though it's highly capable of doing so.  

However:  If you DROP an egg, the chickens will swarm around it and consume the entire thing, shell and all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#36]
The wife and I had to live through this with a next door neighbor.

We live in the country, they came from the city to live the country life. They wanted to get their own eggs so they could control what is in the eggs by controlling the feefing of the chickens.

So it was off the a local farm to purchase a few (3) egg layers.  The next morning all we heard was cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do !!! All day long !!!!

Yup the bought 3 roosters and no hens to keep em happy.  So for the next month and a half it was, cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do,  All day long. They finally went and got egg layers and gave the roosters away.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

who knew.
View Quote
Yes, most chickens prefer them scrambled, but some like them over easy. It just depends. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Veganism is a mental illness.
View Quote
yep, and very unhealthy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Holy crap
Some people on our facebook local page posted about a coyote they found. It was a pup about 10 weeks old that was laying in the ditch and stumbling when it tried to walk. They proceed to pull over and flag down people help get them to "help" it. They're on video putting their hands in its mouth trying to force it to drink people be stupid yo. Of course when I and several others pointed out everything wrong the the situation, the PETA force went full retard . Much hilarity ensued
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Mental illness is the source for much of this.  Ignorance may be overcome, maybe even by accident, but crazy is the gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's about right. 

Wife and I have 12 chickens and usually get 9-11 eggs a day.  We recently got 3 more so we get 12-13 eggs a day and about once a week we'll get a haul of 15 in a day.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#42]
You know, I just saw a book about this!  Some liberal Left Coaster decided to move to flyover country to see what made these strange, bizarre people tick.  It's a revelation as much about her and her ilk as it is about what she saw.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That has to be a joke. Like... please... tell me that's satire?

Please?

Fuck.
View Quote
Somewhere there is a Vegan version of Arfcom, but life is too short to wade into that cesspool.

Here is the link to NPR's Chocolate milk comes from brown cows story.  Yes, 7% of the people surveyed answered brown cows when asked where chocolate milk comes from.  Hopefully, some of those people were messing around.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/533255590/alarming-number-of-americans-believe-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We live in the country, they came from the city to live the country life. They wanted to get their own eggs so they could control what is in the eggs by controlling the feefing of the chickens.

So it was off the a local farm to purchase a few (3) egg layers.  The next morning all we heard was cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do !!! All day long !!!!

Yup the bought 3 roosters and no hens to keep em happy.  So for the next month and a half it was, cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do, cock-a-doodle-do,  All day long. They finally went and got egg layers and gave the roosters away.
View Quote
Couple decades, or so, ago, a guy and his wife bought a relatively small parcel in the area (3 or 4 acres, as I recall) and built a really nice house on it.  Several years go by, and they divorced, selling the house.  The people that bought the house were apparently city folk wanting to get away from the city.

The wife decides to make the rounds and introduce herself to her new neighbors.  After stopping at my parents' house, she got my mother to walk her over to my house and introduce us.  The woman starts looking around my modest house, mutters "I never knew the third world was this close", then insists that I write down her number and tells me to call her if I ever needed anything.

My mother was pissed.

A couple days later, her husband apologized to my father (I was at work) and explained that his wife says some stupid stuff when she's been drinking.

The woman apparently has a really odd view of how normal people live (no formal dining room, no doilies, no formal living room...).  That was the last time the woman spoke to me or my parents.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Holy crap
Some people on our facebook local page posted about a coyote they found. It was a pup about 10 weeks old that was laying in the ditch and stumbling when it tried to walk. They proceed to pull over and flag down people help get them to "help" it. They're on video putting their hands in its mouth trying to force it to drink people be stupid yo. Of course when I and several others pointed out everything wrong the the situation, the PETA force went full retard . Much hilarity ensued
View Quote
Some one needs to spoof Wile E Coyote as a spokes person for free range chickens.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who finally went over and explained the situation to them?

I had a friend in central Iowa have some Californian's buy the farm down the road.  The Cali wife was literally waiting for her new neighbors to come over with a pie to introduce themselves.  At the end of the day they were pretty open to being educated and all their neighbors were good humored about it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top