Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]

I work at an animal shelter and do animal control... That guy is SPOT on. People just go off the fucking deep end when it comes to animals.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
anyone that doesn't view animals purely as animals always get fucking weird.

This.  Of course even here there's several pschos that claim they'll murder anyone that damages their animal property.z
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohhhh the pitbull haters are gonna love this one!
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Had our male Basset Hound neutered as a pup, he was nuts before, after the nut removal he is smart as hell, coincidence ?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you have an older dog nuetered, say 6year old?

We had ours done at 8 or 9 years old I forget. No real complications.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]

He wants the city to provide shotguns to citizens for use against land sharks.  

What a dumbass...landsharks require at least a .308
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you have an older dog nuetered, say 6year old?

We had ours done at 8 or 9 years old I forget. No real complications.

Most vets will do it after 1yr for dogs and 6mo for kittens. Call around to your local shelters to see if they offer any low cost spay or neuter programs. They can save ya a few hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Of course even here there's several pschos that claim they'll murder anyone that damages their animal property.z

You look after the kids and protect the place you are not property, you are family. Same with alerting and pest control. If you don't get it i think you are fucking weird and missing out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is there a specific reason that male dogs can get testicular cancer?

Take a step back and think about what you just said for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You look after the kids and protect the place you are not property, you are family. Same with alerting and pest control. If you don't get it i think you are fucking weird and missing out.

Nah, I'm not missing out .

I love my dog, but at the end of the day..... he is still a dog.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice.  

I never understood why AC folks got their chops busted so much.  The ones I've met have been nice folks.

Where i live they're actually patroman with ac responsibility. My GF is one and yes people can be dicks.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#12]
He'd better not be one of the fat animal control fuckers we have in Dallas.

I work next to a park in a shithole section of town. Every motherfucking day there are stray dogs running out there that have been dumped.

You can call and ask for them to come out. You'll get a book of excuses. If you catch the dog, pen it up and call them, they won't show.

And last week they wanted to go to "no kill" when they say they put down 30,000 animals a year.

Fuck, just issue me a hunting permit for stray dogs and I'll clean up the damned neighborhood.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I love my dog, but at the end of the day..... he is still a dog.

Then I would submit that you do not, in fact, love him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I can identify with the posted rant.  Seems everyone with a large breed dog or a cat in the neighborhood thinks it is okay for them to let them roam loose.
My dog, fixed since before she was 6 months old and hitting the scale at only 8 pounds, stays INSIDE the fence.

I've seen tons of flowerbeds belonging to neighbors that REEK thanks to cat shit.  I've seen back porches sprayed too.

Because you know, heaven forbid anyone should act responsibly for themselves OR their pets.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I've seen better craigslist rants.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As someone who works at a vet's office, he's right-the-fuck-on.

People are ridiculous.

Non-neutered dogs have - almost literally - tumors in those ball sacs.  I'm serious.  Life expectancy is low for dogs that don't get neutered.

I'm guessing:

a. You know less about tumors than the kid screaming at Arnold in Kindergarten Cop
b. You couldn't name a mechanism which would lead to a correlation between these nonexistent tumors and low life expectancy
and
c. You can't name a cancer associated with the presence of testicles other than testicular cancer.

At this point, I'm guessing you're going to go pull some Brady campaign style propaganda off of some wack jobs website, without actually looking at any numbers.

Sorry vet school was too hard for you.

You're probably right.  Considering my first degree is Criminal Justice, and my second degree I'm working on is a Department of Homeland Security program, emphasis on counter-terrorism and target hardening.  I work at the vet's office because its enjoyable, and I love working at a place where its a bunch of 20-something chicks in scrubs all day.  Its a very positive place, and I figure I'm getting good karma before I have to start shooting motherfuckers in the face.

I go by what the Doctors - who are some of the absolute smartest people I've ever met, the knowledge they take with them everywhere is immense - and the techs tell me.  I trust them.  I have very good working relationships with everyone there, and my personal life has become better with a couple of the girls that are there.  We'll keep in close contact far after I leave this place.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top