BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure having a crazy person on our side actually helps us.  

Yeah, when I head to the gun show and enjoy the fragrant company of my unwashed fellow 2nd Amd ardents, or follow a thread where 16 pages are devoted to various discussions of orgies and consequent surprise!buttsecks!, or watch grown people argue over tattoos for months, or I see a tenured professor with 80000 posts (at 30 seconds a post, representing something like 700 hours on ARFCOM posting alone,)

I think "That Angelina Jolie is real bat-shit crazy."

Pick any hobby or group of people and you're going to end up with practically the same cross section of people. Go to a Rotary or Mensa club meeting and there are smelly people there that would argue about tattoos as well. Besides, I hope you wouldn't judge an entire group of people by the way you perceive them on the internet

And since you bothered to go through the math, you should have gotten your numbers right. DK has just over half that many posts (44066), which is roughly 360 hours spent posting (at a rather generous 30 seconds per post, but not a bad average I suppose). Over the 64,248 hours he has been a member thats only a half of a percent of his time spent posting. If you figure that his posting has picked up a lot since he became a mod (it has) thats not too bad is it?

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]

I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ugly?What person are you guy's looking at? While I know everyone has their own taste,she is very far from dog ugly. It seems no one on the site is happy with anything latley.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, when I head to the gun show and enjoy the fragrant company of my unwashed fellow 2nd Amd ardents, or follow a thread where 16 pages are devoted to various discussions of orgies and consequent surprise!buttsecks!, or watch grown people argue over tattoos for months, or I see a tenured professor with 80000 posts (at 30 seconds a post, representing something like 700 hours on ARFCOM posting alone,)

Pick any hobby or group of people and you're going to end up with practically the same cross section of people. Go to a Rotary or Mensa club meeting and there are smelly people there that would argue about tattoos as well. Besides, I hope you wouldn't judge an entire group of people by the way you perceive them on the internet

And since you bothered to go through the math, you should have gotten your numbers right. DK has just over half that many posts (44066), which is roughly 360 hours spent posting (at a rather generous 30 seconds per post, but not a bad average I suppose). Over the 64,248 hours he has been a member thats only a half of a percent of his time spent posting. If you figure that his posting has picked up a lot since he became a mod (it has) thats not too bad is it?

Wow, guy.

Its a joke.

But if the stinky shoe fits...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I`D HIT IT.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The NRA does need somebody to replace the unreplacable Heston.  We would need somebody that can talk a game as good as Obama but really mean it.

I'd vote for her unless somebody better shows up plus she looks better than most posing with guns.  Tom Selleck would be good too....

That's my point above. Just because she owns a pistol, does not mean that she is, "down for the cause". Just look at Bernie Mac. Never trust the Hollywood breed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well write off GD then!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd **** her *** with my **** and then her ******* and then make her suck the ***** of my **** with those big lips of hers.  Then I'd stick my **** in her ****** and back in her ***** and ***** on her ***** when I'm done ****-****** her brains out.

Yea.........

But in all seriousness I had no idea she was somewhat pro-gun.  Good on her!  A sexy movie star that's not a blithering idiot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I would wreck it. So bad it would be useless for anyone else. I'd probably end up looking like I fought a bear and lost ... and I'd be proud of it.

The crazy on top of everything just makes her that much more of an animal in the sack.

Doc
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The NRA does need somebody to replace the unreplacable Heston.  We would need somebody that can talk a game as good as Obama but really mean it.

I'd vote for her unless somebody better shows up plus she looks better than most posing with guns.  Tom Selleck would be good too....

I think the chick that pushed for CHL in Texas after her parents were murdered at the Luby's shooting would be a good contender, but she doesn't have the popularity that Jolie has. Don't know if Jolie would want to risk alienating her Hollywood friends and jeopardize her career in the business.

Mel Gibson might be another. He's already pissed of the Hollywood Jews so why not.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I honestly believe that many celebrities enjoy shooting especially if they were part of an action film that required them to take a certain amount of training before hand.  Having said that, I also believe that most of their anit-gun sentiments are derived from the fact that it's not popular among the hollywood crowd.  That and most are idiots anyway.

Yeah, most of them, like Richard Dean Anderson (McGuyver), have admitted that they think shooting is fun as hell, but also that guns should be banned anyway.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow, guy.

Its a joke.

I'm not your guy, buddy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
wow she got ugly all the sudden

I still wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers....
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Jolie's pro-victory in Iraq:

Staying to Help in Iraq

We have finally reached a point where humanitarian assistance, from us and others, can have an impact.

*SNIP*
As for the question of whether the surge is working, I can only state what I witnessed: U.N. staff and those of non-governmental organizations seem to feel they have the right set of circumstances to attempt to scale up their programs. And when I asked the troops if they wanted to go home as soon as possible, they said that they miss home but feel invested in Iraq. They have lost many friends and want to be a part of the humanitarian progress they now feel is possible.

It seems to me that now is the moment to address the humanitarian side of this situation. Without the right support, we could miss an opportunity to do some of the good we always stated we intended to do.

man, i gotta see a link for that! i mean, it sounds great and all but i have a hard time believing a hollyweird residentsia wrote something that well put together and insightful!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, guy.

Its a joke.

I'm not your guy, buddy.

He's not your buddy, friend!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not really overly impressed by her. Jer lips are too big. The "red carpet look" she is stunning though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope when she's using her real guns, she keeps her finger off the trigger until she's ready to shoot, unlike what she's doing in the tomb raider pic
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]

she knows her guns
Somehow I doubt anyone into guns would not say "wait a fucking minute here"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Ted Nugent?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#21]
She just went from an 8/10 to a 9/10 on my PETER METER.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Good for her.  Not my type but that's beside the point.  She seems to be walking the walk on a number of fronts and given shit no matter what she does.  Brad Pitt too.  Saw him on this show where he was down in NOLA with a bunch of contractors and rebuilding homes, not hosting lunches in LA to talk about it.  He has also seemed a like a pretty no-bullshit guy.  

Lots of Hollywood types love their guns and you have no idea how far they will go to own class III stuff, military goodies, whatever.  They'll just start a company who's business is providing guns, or protection, or set security or whatever.  You literally would not believer some of the toys these folks have.  But most have to tow a PC line publicly, just like most of us do.  One of the few exceptions to the 10 day waiting time to recieve a gun after purchase in CA is purchase for use in a theatrical production.  Wonder what lobby created that exemption...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
With how many tabloids she is in, I don't mind her being pro-gun. Unless she thinks only celebs need guns. This article isn't very detailed on her views.

I think she's hawt btw. My wife thinks she is dog ugly though.

+1 on all.  

I think some wimmenz are intimidated by her...  and Shania.  Too bad Shania is anti-gun and a vegan kook.  Getting back to AJ:  I liked her much better before the tats.  With em she looks like trailer trash.  Hot trailer trash that I'd hit like a retard hits a drum set...  once or twice anyway.

I'd still keep my woman over the crazy anti-gun vegan or trailer trash...  but maybe not both at once though! .

John
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doesn't she have a tatoo of billy bob whatever on her back?

She had his name on her arm, but has since been removed.

THE WHOLE ARM? That's a bit extreme isn't it? Can't they just remove a freaking tattoo without taking an entire limb? I will never get a tattoo. Never.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I bet she is a fucking nut in the sack..  I dont care if she worships door hinges and kills baby birds for breakfast, id nail her like a shingled roof!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I think "know your rights" is a pretty cool tattoo...

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.....

Very unique and pretty.....

Objectivist....

Likes guns.......

I am not a big fan of the Humanitarian part BUT she follows the Objectivist tenant of helping people HERSELF, not forcing others to do it for her......so...good for her!!!

I say, Angelian Jolie ForTheWin!!!!

Really?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'd **** her *** with my **** and then her ******* and then make her suck the ***** of my **** with those big lips of hers.  Then I'd stick my **** in her ****** and back in her ***** and ***** on her ***** when I'm done ****-****** her brains out.

Yea.........

+1
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Interesting... I'm suddenly disarmed of my dislike for her. As another poster said, maybe her dad's character is rubbing off on her.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I bet she is a fucking nut in the sack..  I dont care if she worships door hinges and kills baby birds for breakfast, id nail her like a shingled roof!

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread is useless without a poll...

-First I'd nail her in the Grunge look. Somethin' sexy as hell about that look.

-Later when we get extra kinky, I'd nail her in the Tomb Raider look.

-After a quick snooze and a refreshing shower, I'd nail her extra hard in the Tatoo look.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
This thread is useless without a poll...

From the sounds of it there are quite a few posters with "poll" because of her.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

she knows her guns

I bet she could see more out of that Aimpoint if she turned it around correctly...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/smith4.jpg

she knows her guns

I bet she could see more out of that Aimpoint if she turned it around correctly...

Leupy CQ/T
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I could have done without the "With Child" look.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Most excellent DSL's.

Can you say "_ _ _ _ the chrome off a trailer hitch?"

Angelina > Eva Mendez.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doesn't she have a tatoo of billy bob whatever on her back?

She had his name on her arm, but has since been removed.

Doesn't she still drink his blood or something?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/smith4.jpg

she knows her guns

you'd be a much more effective smartass if you knew something about the pictured optic.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmmm.....

Very unique and pretty.....

Objectivist....

Likes guns.......

I am not a big fan of the Humanitarian part BUT she follows the Objectivist tenant of helping people HERSELF, not forcing others to do it for her......so...good for her!!!

I say, Angelian Jolie ForTheWin!!!!

Really?

Apparently, yes.

I don't know her whole stance but her and Brad Pitt are both huge Ayn Rand fans.

Let me sit down and interview them and I'll tell you for sure if they are Objectivists.  Until I get the entire premise of their actions, I can't say for sure.

So....start setting up that interview.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I have a pretty favorable opinion of Angelina Jolie overall, in terms of actresses. I have no problem with her being a humanitarian. She actually walks the walk, not just talk the talk when it comes to that issue. Most so called "humanitarians" sit back and do diddly shit to help others, while screaming for the rest of us to do something. Actions are louder than words. She has proven she isn't the hypocrite that 99% of humanitarians are. And if the woman happens to appreciate guns and her right to self protection, great! She obviously gets what most of Hollywood doesn't. Lots of people say Angelina is crazy. But based on what I've seen from her, she's probably far better off than a majority of the people in Hollywood.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#42]
But what's her stance on the Right to Arm Bears?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:01:49 AM EDT
[#43]

...But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns."

Please. That's "speaking out on the right to bear arms" like a virgin talking about the wonders of sex - it's not.

She's just talking about a personal interest. Who knows is she's like most of the rest of the hollywood elite assholes who think it's great for them to have firearms, but don't give a crap about you having them. It's a convenience for them to have it, but a danger fr you to have one. Angelina is a phoney hollywood crazy. She said something involving firearms that didn't end with her recoiling in horror. Whoop-de-fucking-do. It proves nothing, and it anything but speaking out on the right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your forgetting the rules........

She's only bat-shit crazy if she is an anti-gunner. Seeing how she is on our side, she is just eccentric.

and what, pray tell, makes her "on our side"?

Arnold Schwarzenegger owns guns - lots of them. He's hardly "on our side;" yet, your rationale for declaring Angelina as "on our side" is the fact that in one interview she mentioned, once, that she shoots firearms with some frequency above none.

Maybe the guys here going batshit crazy, gushing over her statement are simply thinking with their small heads?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:00:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a lot of respect for her. She's taking care of her children and doing many good deeds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top