Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, every one of your pieces made me laugh.  They were really quite entertaining and thought provoking.  I detect a certain amount of genius in this guy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, but who destroyed the deathstar?
w/o a computer, I might add!

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Now you are a big boy...

Buy a GOOD video camera with a fast shutter.

Buy an AT-AT.

Buy some Tannerite.

Mix carefully with appropriate materials to result in flamage.

Position AT-AT as if it had just been tripped.  

Insert Tannerite in AT-AT behind one of the windows in the side of the AT-AT.

Start camera.

Shoot through the window.

Post slow-motion pics.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This reminds me of when I was a kid, only with Transformers.  My parents hardly had any money so I spent most of my time making Transformers out of stuff.  Now I have a kid and lo and behold the stores are full of Transformers!! Man, whenever I buy him a new one he never let's me play with it until he gets another new one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]

The Ewok Village! What was this crap? That son of a bitch Santa brought me the Ewok village.

I had to pause for a minute to laugh my ass off when I read that line.

Great job, wedge1082.

Another ringer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.ketzer.com/starwars/free_atats.jpg

You owe me a new keyboard, asshole!

I like the one that is taking a piss on the tree.

I want to know where the babies came from!

The top right hand corner of the picture will explain the baby situation for you.

Doh!

The TOYS, wiseass!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Show off!

BTW, WTF were YOU put in charge of TWO seasoned pilots in the heat of battle, when all you had managed to do so far was barbecue your own ass by being stupid?

Tell me, young Jedi, did someone exert undue influence to put you into a position to win lots of medals?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Good job wedge. That was some funny shit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 more for the "got an at-st instead".    however when dad came home from shopko with the falcon, all was forgiven.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
in my parent's basement sits an atat, atst, the falcon, and x wing, tie fighter, jabba on his platform, the death star playset, and numerous action figures, including a storm trooper with 2left arms, or maybe it's 2 right arms. either way one arm is backwards
sadly the guns and other action figure accessories are all missing. they were put away so that I wouldn't choke on them (most of the SW toys were my older brother's and I was really little being born in 79) I've torn that toy room apart looking but can't find them

and speaking of "it's a trap akbar", I had a customer the other day who's last name was Akbar. no joke
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37888&item=5920655251&rd=1
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#13]

As promised, there she is on the right.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My friend we are one for one on Deathstar's.  And who saved your ass from that Tie fighter?

Would have made for a short set of movies if I had not been on your wing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice pic, wedge. Is that the R2 that responds to voice commands? My sister has one of those. Very cool.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Tagged for later.

After ESB, my little brother got the X-wing, but I got Slave I for christmas!!!!!!! I don't remember when we got the AT AT.

Every so often, whe nI visit my Mothers place, I go through my old transformers and SW toys.

Wedge, have you seen the AT AT frmo Master Replicas?

Master Replicas
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I saw buddy Christ.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
img14.exs.cx/img14/6916/at-at.jpg

Whoa!

NERRRRRRRRRRRD!

Sorry.

Well armed NERRRRRRRRRRRD!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#19]
So what is the deal with parents who give "substitute toys"?  The amount my parents spent on "substitute toys" to pacify my whining for the ONE TOY I TRULY WANTED could have bought five of the real thing!  Was the AT-AT really that much more expensive than the AT-ST or even the freakin' Ewok Village, for that matter?  Do you think it was about the money, or just the principle of the thing?  Now that you are an adult with a child of your own, and you have some perspective, can you look back and guess what your parents were thinking?  Because I can't.  To this day, I have no idea why my parents denied me the ONE TOY I TRULY WANTED.

This was a powerful introspective, Wedge.  Brought back many deeply buried memories and emotions.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

My friend we are one for one on Deathstar's.  And who saved your ass from that Tie fighter?

Would have made for a short set of movies if I had not been on your wing.

true, true, all in fun as you well know

Here's to kicking the empires ass
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#21]
touching

you should lock that stuff up in a safe or something
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nice pic, wedge. Is that the R2 that responds to voice commands? My sister has one of those. Very cool.

Yes, and I think it is about as close to an actual R2 D2 as you can get.  The voice recognition in it is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I saw buddy Christ.

Who is your buddy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:00:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
touching

you should lock that stuff up in a safe or something

This is only the very small tip of a very large ice berg.  Nobody makes a safe big enough.  I just stand guard with my AR.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
img14.exs.cx/img14/6916/at-at.jpg

Would that be Mrs Wedge on the right, also?

Just messing with you - she's (not Ackbar) very pretty (that's obvious even at low res).  Keep the guns around - with the starting stock you have (i.e. you and Mrs W), you'll need them when Baby Wedgette isn't that kind of baby anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Thank you.  I still can't believe she married me.

Don't remind me about little Ms. Wedge.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
img86.exs.cx/img86/6220/wedding1.jpg

Thank you.  I still can't believe she married me.

Don't remind me about little Ms. Wedge.

Mrs B and I will be trying in a few months.  I am CERTAIN I will have twin daughters.  It was a two-step process coming to this realization.

Step 1:  I was in a local Italian restaurant, and there was a girl's birthday party in one of the rooms.

Break for explanation: A group of lions is called a "pride".  A group of whales is called a "pod".  A group of owls is called a "parliament".  A group of girls is called a "conversation".

So this conversation of eight-year-old girls skitters and twitters past our table, giggling and acting their age.  I could FEEL the IQ points being SUCKED out of my SKULL into the intelligence vacuum generated by this conversation of girls.  "When I do have a kid, it'll be a daughter."  BTW, Mrs. B has one sister and no brothers, and very much wants a daughter.

Step 2:  Mrs B and I work in our church nursery.  (Mrs B denies it, but I KNOW it's her sinister plot to make me ready to be a father.)  So we were in a department store, buying some equipment, and I saw a two-seat stroller.  I thought, "Aw, man, it would be rough to have twins."

And my shoulders stooped as I realized that I had seen The Future.  When I have a child, it will be twin daughters.

So consider yourself proactively sympathized with.

Perhaps you can make one of these, and you and Baby Wedgette can play together...

edit to fix pic

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Mrs. Wedge would taunt me when we first found out she was pregnant with "You know twins run in my family."  Scared the hell out of me.

I want more than one.  But I only want them one at a time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was truly good.  Reminded me of one of my favorite movies "A CHristmas Story".  Wedge keeps getting better and better.  For some of us, your work is better and more inspired than the action-figure work of the esteemed Sgtar15.

Keep it up.

I don't think I would go that far.

I would definitely go that far !   The wife and were truely entertained!  We laughed, we cried....    You reach a more broader fanbase as well.

My wife finds SGTar15 stupid and his play dolls antics boring....   I like sgtAR15s stuff but not as entertaining or heart-touching as yours.

USMC_LBs wife's comment after reading Wedge's part5 :  "That was just really, REALLY good !"
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#34]
looking back i can't believe my old man kept all my star wars/gi joe stuff operational.
i was such a destructive little bastard....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#35]
i just read the complete anthology up to this point.

are you sure you're an engineer?  i would have bet your right brain would have pushed the analytical half out your ear!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I had the AT-AT, AT-ST and the kickass swing-wing F-14 from GI Joe.

I hate you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Last fall found an old box of toys in the basement.  B-Wing, Bobba Fett's ship, A-Wing, and the full sized AT-AT.   They had all seen plenty of use years ago, so weren't in collectors condition.  

Thought about auctioning them on ebay, decided instead to take them over to a buddy's house.  His son is a big Star Wars fan - kid freaked out seeing toys that hadn't been made for 20 years.

From what I've heard they are getting plenty of use by the kids, which is a good thing.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Reading this stuff makes me remember how much I used to want Transformer  and Star Wars toys as a kid.  My parents coudn't afford the real stuff, so I got crappy knock-offs.  My friends, on the other hand, had stuff like Jetfire, the GI Joe F-14, Optimus Prime, AT-ATs, X-Wings and a lot of other cool crap.

I never gave much thought to these childhood yearnings as an adult--until I Passed Kay-Bee toys in the mall one day.  What did my spying eyes see?  A freaking new release X-Wing.  This one has R2D2 in the back and has several recorded phrases that can be played by the push of a button.  It also has one red torpedo and cool laser sounds.  Hell, I didn't hesistate one second in buying it.  I can't explain why I was so compelled to purchase it.  I guess the childhood allure of certain things just carry over, until they're either fulfilled or just forgotten.  

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Wedge.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#40]
weird, same thing happened to me but without the happy ending
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Myself, I yearned for an X-wing.  I wanted it more than anything else.  FINALLY they came out and I was overjoyed.   Since it was far too sanitary coming out of the box, I used my budding modeling skills to "dress it up."   Heated Xacto knives made  passable laser scars on the fuselage, and judicious use of black spray paint gave it exhaust stains.   Crash landings were a matter of course for the poor X-wing pilot, as they were far more dramatic than the proper procedure.

I had the X-wing model kit as well - and fucket it up as only a kid can

What you would really have loved was about 8 years ago in the Nieman Marcus Christmas catalog (when I lived in Chicago) - that had a full-size X-wing to put on your front lawn!!!

I think it was something like $100,000 - but if one of you guys was an eccentric millionarie, I know you would have bought it
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Wedge, nice write up.

I started laughing.  I always wanted the Millennium Falcon.  My parents would never spend the $50.00 to get it.  My brother and I had almost everything else.  I was 7 when I saw Star Wars- A New Hope.  

I never got one.

Now I have kids of my own.

I have instilled in them a love for the movies.  I have spoiled them with as much Star Wars goodies as they can afford.

I bought my oldest the Millennium Falcon for Christmas!!!  So there!  I (err...my son)finally got one Dad. Take that!

And just to rub it in to you who don't own the fastest ship in the Universe....I found another one at a garage sale, still in perfect shape, except for one landing gear strut........for $10.00.  Now each of my boys has their own!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#43]
The X-mas after the first movie came out my parents (Santa) got me every single action figure that was made and lined them up against the wall in the packages.  I also got the Death Star.

That was the best X-mas ever, until I turned 11 and got my Crossman AR BB/pellet rifle(tromping around in the woods pretending like I was in "First Blood", that was the best).  

Here's a pic (circa 1984) of my Dad shooting it, just to prove the fact that parents actually buy the stuff for themselves.  

BTW, I have so much Star Wars crap it's unbelievable.  I got the AT-AT, the Death Star, the Imperial Starship, Dagobah, the Hoth Monster cave, the Ewok village, the Millenium Falcon,  just about every action figure, most of the ships/cars/etc, the Vader and C3PO cases, the foot tall Darth, the battery powered blasters etc etc etc... I loved this stuff... when I was 10.  Does this pile in my attic have value?  Any of you guys wanna buy this crap?

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Great writing, Wedge.  I can totally relate.

One of my dreams as a child was to get an AT-AT and fill it wall to wall with stormtroopers and snowtroopers (I think that's what they were called).  Needless to say, that never dream never came true.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Here is to all the guys here who's parents never let them get all the Star Wars stuff they wanted!
This is my 10yr old's room.  Most he got for Christmas from grandparents(my wife's), or money he saved from chores.

My son, even though you can see an AT-AT lego set in the forground, is dying for a real one.  If I ever see one again at Toys R Us, it's going home with us.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:24:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Here is to all the guys here who's parents never let them get all the Star Wars stuff they wanted!
This is my 10yr old's room.  Most he got for Christmas from grandparents(my wife's), or money he saved from chores.

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=1292&iGalleryUnq=150&iImageUnq=30493

My son, even though you can see an AT-AT lego set in the forground, is dying for a real one.  If I ever see one again at Toys R Us, it's going home with us.

Can I come over and play?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So what is the deal with parents who give "substitute toys"?  The amount my parents spent on "substitute toys" to pacify my whining for the ONE TOY I TRULY WANTED could have bought five of the real thing!  Was the AT-AT really that much more expensive than the AT-ST or even the freakin' Ewok Village, for that matter?  Do you think it was about the money, or just the principle of the thing?  Now that you are an adult with a child of your own, and you have some perspective, can you look back and guess what your parents were thinking?  Because I can't.  To this day, I have no idea why my parents denied me the ONE TOY I TRULY WANTED.

This was a powerful introspective, Wedge.  Brought back many deeply buried memories and emotions.

Wow, Lady Liberty, you NAILED it!  I had the same friggin' childhood....you wouldn't happen to be my long lost sister would you?  I understand frugalness, believe me, and many times our parents certainly werent' rich but I also have no clue as to why they just couldn't get right down with it and tell you that they just couldn't afford it.  Trying to placate an expectant kid with a toy they don't want is like giving a junkie a syringe full of colored water and expecting them to be thankful.  I swear people must absolutely forget they were ever children.....I sure haven't....not one second have I forgotten.  Ah well, like the song says....you can't always get what you want...and I must admit that for the most part those lessons I learned in my childhood have served me well a million times in my adulthood.

p.s.  your avatar.....it spooks me a little.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know where I could get a Y-wing? I know I can get a Falcon, but he wants a Y-wing too.

I'm talking about my husband here.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I could get a Y-wing? I know I can get a Falcon, but he wants a Y-wing too.

I'm talking about my husband here.

Anyone?

This guy most likely has it.
www.brianstoys.com/shop/customer/home.php

I have an old one in the box, but you can't have it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top