User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both religions are called to seek converts.  One exclusively by preaching and teaching,  the other by the sword and by subjugation,  as ordered and exemplified by Jesus and Mohamed respectively.

You really downplay the role of subjugation by force  in historical Christianity. If the religious Conservatives were in power, I have no doubt they would turn the legal system into their own little playground, and thats hardly a matter of simple preaching and teaching.

You sound like the people that still complain about slavery. It did not personally impact you but still whine about it.

Religious conservatives have been in power from time to time yet  the legal systen isnt their own little playground.
Christians have been the most tolerant of any other groups, you just cant see that through your anger.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In other words, when we encounter Islam's intolerance, say, to Western notions –– "tolerance, respect, and mutual understanding" –– we should rely on those same notions to overlook the fact that Islam does not.

Thats not unique to Islam; Conservative Chritianity is every bit as intolerant as conservative Islam is.

I'm a conservative Christian. The difference between me and a conservative Muslim is that I'm not going to try to kill you if you don't want to join my church.

And that end's that lame attempt at Christian bashing.

It wasn't Christian bashing, it was stating the facts. If you look at Christianity at the same point in its history that islam is now, it was every bit as repressive as Islam is now. Even more recently, its not uncommon at all, especially for evangelicals, to try to dictate everyones personal conduct while bashing every other faith out there, including other  branches of the very same religion .
I say "religion", when in alla ctuality, its just another form of mythology....all religions have no basis in fact, but are simply different myths that their believers take to heart as being fact, and then want to kill each other over. Its sheer lunacy.

You are a bigot.  You hide behind logic, but you post bigoted commentary on a regular basis.  Does someone regularly pee in your food or something?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top