Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, I don't see how anybody say that American History X was a classic. Pretty weak plot, weak predictable hollywood writing (especialy the ending). I mean come on. The Godfather, Apocolypse Now, Taxi Driver, Once Upon a Time in America, those are fucking classics not American History X.

At best it was an inaccurate movie that was SO OBVIOUSLY PROPAGANDA that is seems ludicrous to me that many of you otherwise intelligent people didn't see it.

The headstomping scene seems to have everybody in an uproar. Sorry, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot somebody if they broke into my house intending harm. Would you?

Probably not, you'd protect you and your family right?

But completetly avoiding what somebody would actually do in this situation, the film makers put in a scene that they knew would shock and disgust people. ALL TO GET THEIR AGENDA ACROSS.

How else can you explain taking a bunch of poor black criminals breaking into somebodies house, and making them the victims in the audiences mind. TOTAL PROPAGANDA. It seems so clear to me, I don't know how you people missed it. The skinhead down the block is the realy enemy, not the negro breaking into your house. Don't kid yourself folks.

It read like a fucking after school special from the 80's.

BTW Landon, were you hanging out with jewish skins? Oyboys Huh? Sorry bro, but at least get it right. And all skinheads aren't into that RAHOWA crap, just the Church Of The Creator dorks. A bunch of losers if you ask me.

Edited because I can.

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it was one of the most powerful movies of the 1990's and I think Ed Norton is one of the best young actors out there.
Fight Club is another of the great movies he has done. Entertainment, but also affected me for hours after watching.
The director has objected to the final edit of the movie "AHX". It would be interesting to see his final cut on a DVD eventually. I wonder what he would have changed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]BTW Landon, were you hanging out with jewish skins? Oyboys Huh? Sorry bro, but at least get it right. And all skinheads aren't into that RAHOWA crap, just the Church Of The Creator dorks. A bunch of losers if you ask me.[/b]

LOL!
"Jewish Skins".. Now that's new...
Nope. They were about as real deal as skins can get. matter of fact, the American Skin movement was born in Portland, OR, and began to get exposure only after some of them toe-capped that immigrant to death in 88. The whole Metzger mess.
WCOTC are definitley some dumbasses. Matt Hale got all that fame when IL denyed him his law license based on his beliefs, and liked the spotlight. He toned down his rhetoric because of it, and that I can't respect. He should have at least stood his ground, instead of trying to find a way to be PC with the word "mudpeople"...
Thing is, there was too much record of him from before to try and pass off the "New" Matt Hale.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It wasn't the complete propaganda piece some are making it out to be. It was only partially a propaganda piece.

Short story: Norton goes nazi after his firefighter father is killed on a call to a drug den. The blacks in the movie aren't all portrayed as saints; some are bad mofos. Interestingly Norton is not portrayed as a loser; he's intelligent, athletic, charasmatic, and, ironically, more committed to the cause while a nazi than the leadership itself, which is portrayed as exploiting the rank and file for its own ends. There's a lot to admire in him even when he goes off the rails.

the objective is more to show the dead end that both the radicalized sides wind up in.

That said parts of it were pretty silly. Nazis aren't exactly a burning issue in most places.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Landon, not to bust your chops, but your info is a bit off. There is alot of misinformation out there about skinheads, and while I don't feel like clearing it all up, I have to point it out when I see it.

The American skinhead movement did not originate in Portland. Skinheads have been around in the states since at least 1980, from California, to New York, to Illinois. And it wasn't alway a "movement". Once again, there are alot of things people think they know about skinheads that aren't true.

As far as the Portland skins and the infamous trial go, they were WAR skins. WAR (White Aryan Resistance) was formed in California in the early 80's after Tom Metzger left the Klan. As a matter of fact, the snitch in that trial, Dave Mazzela was from California originally and sent their to recruit and organize a WAR skin group.

But Left wing commie organizations have also used the skinhead image as their own. Ever heard of SHARPS while hanging with your skinhead friends?

The point is in regard to this movie, they just use the skinhead image, no matter how factual, to get an agenda across.

By the way, not that I should have to tell you, but I don't think your buddies back in Portland would appreciate being called Oyboys. Oy is a jewish slang term.

It's Oi! damnit! Get it straight.

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]But Left wing commie organizations have also used the skinhead image as their own. Ever heard of SHARPS while hanging with your skinhead friends? [/b]

Ahhhhh yes. Skinheads Against Racial Predjudice...
But they don't last too long, or so long as i've seen. As far as them masquerading? Never seen it. They had a pack that used to run around Burnside in Port OR (SHARPS) but they usually got thier asses kicked by the real deal.

[b]It's Oi! damnit! Get it straight.[/b]

LMAO@!@!@@!@  You are right.. I never really took any notice of the actual spelling.. That's what they called themselves, so I figured it to be apprppriate.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think it was one of the most powerful movies of the 1990's
View Quote

exacctally what i thought as i watched it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
AHX is an excellent movie. While I'm here I'll also say Grandman should butt out. You haven't seen the movie. You look rediculous in discussing the merits of a movie you haven't seen. I don't think it matters anymore even if you do see it, you are so predisposed against it you're not going to like it anyway so don't bother. Please butt out of the conversation anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
SEAMUCUS... The only thing I need to know about skinheads is that they are ignorant racists... and according to AMX...faggots too!

You seem to admire them... I suppose you're a faggot too...
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SEAMUCUS... The only thing I need to know about skinheads is that they are ignorant racists... and according to AMX...faggots too!

You seem to admire them... I suppose you're a faggot too...
View Quote

That was uncalled for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#13]
A lot of it I liked, a lot I didn't like (like when whites get together they must be racists). But the part where they were in the parking lot talking about the situation in CA before vandalizing the market was 100% dead-on accurate. I did not expect to see that point of view come out of Hollywood.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#14]
It was a great movie that turned into an after-school special....
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Scipio, that's the best you can do? What a third grade response. Are you sure you're old enough to be posting here? Do you just enjoy making as ass out of yourself?

Well, if all you learned about skinheads from AMX is that they are faggots, than you've proved my point. The movie was total propaganda.

I'd like you to tell the next skinheads you see that you learned from AMX that they were faggots. You might find that they don't end up fucking you in the ass, but instead kicking your teeth down your throat. Email me and let me know how that goes, if your fingers aren't broken that is.

And as far as all skinheads being ignorant racists, it's obvious to me you don't know as much as you think.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:31:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey fellas chill out with all the flaming.  We can exchange ideas with getting this personal can't we?

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:34:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
AHX is an excellent movie. While I'm here I'll also say Grandman should butt out. You haven't seen the movie. You look rediculous in discussing the merits of a movie you haven't seen.
View Quote

Ok, let's take a quick talley here....

I started off explaining why I chose not to see the movie, largely because of the genre that this type of movie comes out of, and the political biases of its producers.

After that, several people who have seen the movie have corroborated my viewpoint.

I don't believe I'm THAT far afield.

Some of you just can't digest the idea that I'm NOT crticising the movie - I'm criticising the genre, and the bias of the genres producers.

The ONLY real way that THIS PARTICULAR movie fits into the my treatment of the topic is my belief that the producers fake an unbiased treatment of the subject, KNOWING that black and white people will walk out of the theatre FURTHER APART than when they walked in. Class struggle.

In short, these types of movies are intended to (pardon the expression) "stir up shytte" and offer no real solutions and produce no lasting benefit. The TV trailer SAID it is "one of the MOST controversial movies of its time." I'm NOT making this stuff up, people. All the clips they showed promo-ing the telecast were aimed at this singular goal. I'm NOT pulling this stuff out of my butt.

Now, a question....

Should I be precluded from offerring this opinion for ANY reason????
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Skinheads started in the 80s?  In Portland?  

Puhleeze!!

Some of the guys I hung out with in the Chicago area in the 60s called themselves skinheads.

Puppies.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Mcgredo, I agree.  The point of the movie is violence begets violence.  It doesn't matter what your reasons are for committing a violent act, robbery, revenging your father death, protecting your territory.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#20]
What's up G, hound back in the house.
To answer your question...you are perfectly welcome to give your opinion as stated. This post does not include statements like "wake up"
and others. And it does not include railing against someone using coarse language when you do it yourself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[Quoted:
AHX is an excellent movie. While I'm here I'll also say Grandman should butt out. You haven't seen the movie. You look ridiculous in discussing the merits of a movie you haven't seen.

Quoted:
Ok, let's take a quick talley here....

View Quote

Yes, lets do that.

After our conversation, other members submitted their views on the movie, and you agreed with them.

You still have not seen the movie for yourself. Still, you use their views to support your own statements.

The majority of those who responded here who saw AHX liked the movie. Since we are not the typical liberal "sheeple", maybe there are good reasons to believe that this is not just a typical "propaganda" movie.

You say that you are not criticizing the movie itself.  That is an outright lie. Here are your own words.

Quoted:
But what the movie is saying is that its OK for blacks to gang up against whites, but not vice versa.
View Quote

This movie says NOTHING of the sort. It shows that racism and hate lead to a lose/lose situation for everyone. This is the overall theme of the film - in fact, it is the same view expressed by Derrick's dead brother (narration scene) at the end of the film.

I suggested that you watch the film and see for yourself what it is REALLY all about. But  I now understand that you are so close-minded on the subject, no matter what the movie honestly portrays, you will simply see what you only wish to see.

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You say that you are not criticizing the movie itself.  That is an outright lie. Here are your own words.

Quoted:
But what the movie is saying is that its OK for blacks to gang up against whites, but not vice versa.
View Quote

Tyler
View Quote

And did you see my SPECIFIC comment about that statement of mine???

I'm guessing you did not.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Garandman said:

In short, these types of movies are intended to (pardon the expression) "stir up shytte" and offer no real solutions and produce no lasting benefit. The TV trailer SAID it is "one of the MOST controversial movies of its time." I'm NOT making this stuff up, people. All the clips they showed promo-ing the telecast were aimed at this singular goal. I'm NOT pulling this stuff out of my butt.
View Quote

You're sounding like you would ban these type of movies if you had the power. Burned any books lately?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://www.historyx.com/images/1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought the film itself was very good, a 9 out of 10.  Ed Norton is a fantastic actor.  He was also great in "The Score" and a couple of other flicks but titles escape me at the moment.

Having said that, I was enraged how the movie portrayed the whites.  The stereotyping was so blantant it was pathetic.  Not a single white person (save the mother who celebrates diversity by dating a jew) was portrayed in a positive light.  We have the violent, fat, worthless skinheads; the drug dealers/rapists; the hitler-like ringleader who preys on the impressionable young people; the father who quietly starts his son down the path of evil over the dinner table by expressing his opposition to affirmative action, etc. The movie's message, in a nutshell, is this:

If you're white and oppose affiramtive action and the dumbing-down of standards:  You're an evil, violent, ignorant, butt-F&%#ing skinhead.

If you're white and you're upset over an increase in violence in your community that (quite often) coincides with the arrival of non-whites:  You're a ""   ""   ""   "".

If you're white and have any sense of racial conciousness or (gasp) solidarity:  You're a ""   ""   ""    "".

And I just love how Ed's character is responsible for his his kid brother's murder (holding him in his arms wailing "What have I done?") It's not the the black kid's fault, of course.  And I love how the principle who never gives up on either of them, but rather plays the father figure/tough love role.  Of course this person has to be black.  Granted, not all of the blacks in the movie were portrayed in a positive light, but all the "good guys" were black and no where is their any responsibility placed on the shoulders of the blacks or the black community.

With all due respect, anyone who can't see the propaganda message in this movie is already brain washed.

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're sounding like you would ban these type of movies if you had the power. Burned any books lately?
View Quote

No.

Have you fire bombed any churches???

My point??? Let's ALL keep assinine comments to ourself.

Actually, movies like AMX provide an EXCELLENT venue for me to point out how Marxist, leftist ideology has infected even the "gun community."

My point was about the genre and how it inflames racial tension under the pretext of "Objectivity."

And now bigshooter (as well as a few other people) who HAS seen the movie has confirmed this propaganda technique in AHX. The blacks are protrayed as blacks. The whites are portrayed as Nazi, white supremacist, biggoted hate mongers. Yeah, that's pretty objective. [rolleyes]

Which goes back to my point. Without even seeing the movie, I told y'all EXACTLY what would be in the movie. NOW, several people have CONFIRMED what I said. No real credit to me however - its an easy call when you are familiar enuf with the leftist bent of Hollywood. Anyone with their eyes open could see it. Which is why I implore many of you to "WAKE UP." Please. My gun freedoms are at stake here. Your movie ticket money is FUNDING those who send campaign contributions that get Democrats elected, who want to take my guns away.

The blindnes to Marxism isn't really even surprising, as many here were educated in Karl Marx's brainchild - the public school system. Some exceptional people however, have have freed themselves of  the Marxist chokehold, and have embraced the truth. My hat is off to them.

This is my LAST post on this thread. Feel free to spin my words, and make up what can only be regarded as idiotic comments such as the "book burning" one.

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank God in heaven that this is your last post on this subject. One more of your diatribes against the evil hollywood establishment and I was going to puke. Let's face reality here OK.
Do you pay taxes? Then your tax dollars have done more damage to the cause than a movie ever would.Remember Waco? Ruby Ridge? They weren't movies, so complain about something that actually is a danger and quit repeating the crap that someone else told you about movies and the
hollyweird death machine. Yes I understand that
hollywood is run by satan worshipping jewish men who want to take over the childrens minds by putting floride in the water and bombarding them with devilish images of Care Bears and Ninja Turtles....so bloody what. Get on the band wagon and discuss something with a bite--income tax,
EPA rules, the national debt. By pumping up the hollywood death machine , you are just giving more exposure to something you think is crap.
This topic has gone to 4 pages largely because you couldn't simply say...I thought it would be drek and I didn't see it. Instead you keep talking to everyone about the marxist communist demon-loving altarian greys that live in hollywood and want to suck our brains out. Not exactly what you said but that's is what the tone sounds like. WE KNOW HOLLYWOOD PUTS OUT CRAP..we saw something in this piece that we liked...we knew most of it was junk...can we have that right without being talked down to?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top