BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call it what ever you want, but if you can't go into a grocery store, shopping mall or airplane without your pet, then stay in the fucking car.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pets should stay at home.

Your opinion is worth a good bit less than you think it is. Especially since he had to pay an extra $175 to have the dog flown.

I would have cared more if you had said "my friend paid to have his PET shipped".

You're just stupid. He clearly posted it was a service dog. Not like some random valley girl flying with her poodle.

Call it what ever you want, but if you can't go into a grocery store, shopping mall or airplane without your pet, then stay in the fucking car.  

Jesus Fucking Christ. Asshole of the year award goes to you..

I bet you're a helluva great guy to be around
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Jesus Fucking Christ. Asshole of the year award goes to you..

I bet you're a helluva great guy to be around

View Quote

I'm really not a bad guy when I have my service chicken with me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cargo bay is not pressurized nor temperature controlled. That's where they put the dogs - with the rest of the luggage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They accidentally killed the dog.

Its easier to just say they lost it.

I'm going with this.

Cargo bay is not pressurized nor temperature controlled. That's where they put the dogs - with the rest of the luggage.

I don't think that's true.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Dog got revenge.   Out of the crate, into the squat.  That was a lotta piss!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Badly.  We flew him in to help him because he was having so many issues already.   The airport claims they have it now, 6 hours later.  Total time lost,  12 hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's your friend handling it?  I would imagine that if he needs the companionship of the dog he's either curled up in the fetal position or in jail.

Badly.  We flew him in to help him because he was having so many issues already.   The airport claims they have it now, 6 hours later.  Total time lost,  12 hours.

If the dog is ok I'd say at least they found the animal semi quick.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with this.

That is correct.  Otherwise you'd have a shit load of exploded 3oz bottles of shampoo, mouth wash, and toothpaste in everyone's luggage.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with this.

Correct. It's not true. Commercial airliners have at least 2 cargo holds, at least one of which is heated/pressurized.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought service dogs could ride with the passenger?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on the airline I guess.  Last SWA flight I was on another passenger was able to bring his service dog on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:34:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Depends on the airline I guess.  Last SWA flight I was on another passenger was able to bring his service dog on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never had a problem with south west they're great compared to the others.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We did too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did too.

And sit where? It's not like there's an abundant amount of space on a plane.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We did too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did too.

As a PTSD companion animal it isn't classified as a service dog under the ADA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:37:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess if one needs a pet to be secure enough to travel, maybe it would be better to stay home.

This "service" dog stuff is getting over the top. Seems a lot of people are claiming to "need" a service dog that probably don't. I really think that if all of your physical body parts function, you do not need a dog.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I guess if one needs a pet to be secure enough to travel, maybe it would be better to stay home.

This "service" dog stuff is getting over the top. Seems a lot of people are claiming to "need" a service dog that probably don't. I really think that if all of your physical body parts function, you do not need a dog.
View Quote

In before the personal attacks.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dog got revenge.   Out of the crate, into the squat.  That was a lotta piss!
View Quote

Good to hear it was found.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

It seems to me that a lot of people who have no understanding of the issue feel the need to comment on it.

Maybe we could train an animal to prevent ridiculous posting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#18]
maybe the police shot it
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Serious question, how does a service dog help for someone with ptsd?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:43:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess if one needs a pet to be secure enough to travel maybe it would be better to stay home.

View Quote

The brain is a physical body part. Maybe, just maybe, one of the more important parts of the body. I dont have a service dog, and don't find that I need one, but for some, the crippling anxiety that accompanies crowds, precludes them from almost all daily social activity.

But sure, let's put all PTSD sufferers on house arrest, for the children...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:44:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It seems to me that a lot of people who have no understanding of the issue feel the need to comment on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where does it end?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:44:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your opinion is worth a good bit less than you think it is. Especially since he had to pay an extra $175 to have the dog flown.

I would have cared more if you had said "my friend paid to have his PET shipped".

You're just stupid. He clearly posted it was a service dog. Not like some random valley girl flying with her poodle.

Weak bate mate.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:45:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Talk about an absolute cluster fuck.  Disabled vet, he has a service dog to help with PTSD issues and keep him chilled out.  They wouldn't let it ride with him, which he understood. But now they've lost the damn dog. Nobody knows where the dog is. How the hell do you lose a dog?
View Quote

Same way they lose a suitcase.  This is why my dog will never fly on an airline..
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:45:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The brain is a physical body part. Maybe, just maybe, one of the more important parts of the body. I dont have a service dog, and don't find that I need one, but for some, the crippling anxiety that accompanies crowds, precludes them from almost all daily social activity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess if one needs a pet to be secure enough to travel maybe it would be better to stay home.

So only military and police because PTSD?  Or can anyone who feels better around their pet get a card too?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I swear to God , 90 % of this country is fucking incompetent anymore !
View Quote

Preoccupied with their fucking social media habits and protected from being fired for being inept.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:48:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You both seem a little out of touch with reality.

And if you thought that was a personal attack you are wrong.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As a PTSD companion animal it isn't classified as a service dog under the ADA.
View Quote

That explains the cargo hold.  Every once in a while, I learn something in GD.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So only military and police because PTSD?  Or can anyone who feels better around their pet get a card too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what PTSD is? Serious question.

Its not just wanting to "feel better." I don't know if you've ever had intrusive thoughts, but depending on the severity, they can literally hijack your brain. The body's natural instinct is to suppress those memories or thoughts, in turn actually intensifying them. And that's only a single aspect of PTSD. If you want more info, there's plenty out there, just a google search away.

Count your lucky stars. Picking up the amputated limbs of a friend can profoundly alter a person.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:55:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being ignorant is a choice.  You've decided to be.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you may need a service animal, maybe something that will alert you to when you're being an ass
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:02:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Its not just wanting to "feel better." I don't know if you've ever had intrusive thoughts, but depending on the severity, they can literally hijack your brain. The body's natural instinct is to suppress those memories or thoughts, in turn actually intensifying them. And that's only a single aspect of PTSD. If you want more info, there's plenty out there, just a google search away.

Count your lucky stars. Picking up the amputated limbs of a friend can profoundly alter a person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about answering my question?  It isn't about PTSD.....it's about animals in grocery stores, on planes, and restaurants.  Where does it end? You know how people are, eventually everyone will have some security blanket that is protected.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Poor dog. It probably has PTSD now from the flight. Dude is going to need to get a service dog for his service dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's your friend handling it?  I would imagine that if he needs the companionship of the dog he's either curled up in the fetal position or in jail.

Poor dog. It probably has PTSD now from the flight. Dude is going to need to get a service dog for his service dog.
Get the dog a service cat and name it myriad.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How about answering my question?  It isn't about PTSD.....it's about animals in grocery stores, on planes, and restaurants.  Where does it end? You know how people are, eventually everyone will have some security blanket that is protected.
View Quote

You go invade Iraq, spend 15 months there, leave, and blow out your spine on a jump and then say that no one could be fucked up by it.   Some people handle it fine. Some don't.  An animal in a grocery store is not something that hurts anything except your tender little feelings.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:16:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You go invade Iraq, spend 15 months there, leave, and blow out your spine on a jump and then say that no one could be fucked up by it.   Some people handle it fine. Some don't.  An animal in a grocery store is not something that hurts anything except your tender little feelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry you are getting upset.  I'm just trying to qualify what is acceptable.   I'm guessing by the tone of your post this is more about military service than pets in grocery stores to you.  This is where we part.  I mean no disrespect because this isn't about military service to me.  

I'm asking where it ends?  Just military and cops?  You really expect the airlines to let any animal fly with the passengers if a doctors signs a paper?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:17:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Same way they lose a suitcase.  This is why my dog will never fly on an airline..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk about an absolute cluster fuck.  Disabled vet, he has a service dog to help with PTSD issues and keep him chilled out.  They wouldn't let it ride with him, which he understood. But now they've lost the damn dog. Nobody knows where the dog is. How the hell do you lose a dog?

Canine Companions for Independence flies unaccompanied  puppies around the country all the time w/o problems.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:22:54 AM EDT
[#37]
A lot of interesting points being made here. The VA seems to have some interesting reading regarding dogs and PTSD. Here

Clinically, there is not enough research yet to know if dogs actually help treat PTSD and its symptoms.
View Quote

Dogs can help you deal with some parts of living with PTSD, but they are not a substitute for effective PTSD treatment.
View Quote

Becoming dependent on a dog can get in the way of the recovery process for PTSD.
View Quote

An emotional support animal is a pet that helps an owner with a mental health condition. Emotional support dogs help owners feel better by giving friendship and companionship. These dogs are also called comfort dogs or support dogs.
View Quote

An emotional support dog does not need special training. Generally, a regular pet can be an emotional support dog if a mental health provider writes a letter saying that the owner has a mental health condition or disability and needs the dog's help for his or her health or treatment.
View Quote

So yeah I'm sure this will all be rejected because it's the VA, or the .gov.

Anyway, two final thoughts:

1. Don't care what kind of dog it was, airline shouldn't have "lost" it. It's unacceptable for any company to accept responsibility for a living breathing animal and fail to take care of it as expected. Do it right, or don't do it at all.

2. I hope that vets dealing with PTSD aren't substituting dogs for actual treatment. I'm not saying anyone should make the choice for them, but I hope a man big enough to do the things he was asked to do is also big enough to admit that it might not be a good idea for him to rely on a dog to prevent or solve a problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sorry you are getting upset.  I'm just trying to qualify what is acceptable.   I'm guessing by the tone of your post this is more about military service than pets in grocery stores to you.  This is where we part.  I mean no disrespect because this isn't about military service to me.  

I'm asking where it ends?  Just military and cops?  You really expect the airlines to let any animal fly with the passengers if a doctors signs a paper?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're showing your ass.  Still.

Turn around and leave.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#39]
No one has answered my question from earlier.

You thought they'd let the dog fly with him. Where was the dog supposed to sit? Middle of the aisle?

They'll let small lap dogs fly with you but they stay on your lap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, I'll answer your question. In my opinion, its up to the patient's doctor to make that call. I'm not schooled enough to make those kinds of determininations and I highly doubt most legislators are either. But from your general "fuck em" attitude, it sounds like you'd feel better if they just made another law on the books that said people or establishments don't have to recognize handicaps. Looking at it that way, maybe you realize that this isn't a black and white issue, and that there's no way to quantify a person's reaction to traumatic stress. Two people exposed to the same event can have vastly different reactions.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:29:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's up to the airlines. You somehow think it's your decision.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woot my first ignore!!!

Eta hope your buddy gets his dog back soon. Poor pooch is probably scared out of his mind.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:31:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Turn around and leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turn around and leave.

You got trouble following directions don't ya?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:32:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Serious question, how does a service dog help for someone with ptsd?
View Quote

24/7 companionship. It's like having a best friend around at all times.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sure, I'll answer your question. In my opinion, its up to the patient's doctor to make that call. I'm not schooled enough to make those kinds of determininations and I highly doubt most legislators are either. But from your general "fuck em" attitude, it sounds like you'd feel better if they just made another law on the books that said people or establishments don't have to recognize handicaps. Looking at it that way, maybe you realize that this isn't a black and white issue, and that there's no way to quantify a person's reaction to traumatic stress. Two people exposed to the same event can have vastly different reactions.
View Quote

It's not up to the doctor. There's specific guidelines that a service dog must meet. Such as a seeing eye dog. This dog doesn't meet any of them. This is a "companion" animal.
Like it or not, that's the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't get it, almost a century of flying, how do they not have the process of matching cargo to flights at least somewhat figure out yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't get it, almost a century of flying, how do they not have the process of matching cargo to flights at least somewhat figure out yet?
View Quote

Millions of bags and packages make it somewhere on time everyday. I'd say overall they're doing pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Millions of bags and packages make it somewhere on time everyday. I'd say overall they're doing pretty damn good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh... I still don't get it. Put shit on cart A on plane B. How fucking hard is that?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#49]
You are WRONG. Please go back and look up the definition of SERVICE DOG!!!! And  then go thank a vet for his service
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Meh... I still don't get it. Put shit on cart A on plane B. How fucking hard is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

throw in a connecting flight or two for half those bags...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top