User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What's old is new again...
f03.middlebury.edu/AC400A/images/irish_chinese1880s.jpg

f03.middlebury.edu/AC400A/images/columbiasunwelcomeguests.jpg

I was going to point out that the original post could have been written in 1902 or 1880
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]

yep. let them have bread and circus...

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish I could argue with you, but sadly, I agree on most points. We have become a selfish, materialistic society that spends valuable time obsessing about shit that is of little real importance, while ignoring that which is.

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

....for they are the Mob.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quit complaining and do something about it.

No offense intended, but if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.  That was a general comment, not a targeted one, by the way.

Not much that can be done within reason at this point. Many of us are just waiting until the civil war comes to our town and will fight it there. Doesn't matter at this point if I vote or if I don't vote. There aren't enough votes for THE TRUTH anymore to make a difference. I gave-up thinking my vote was worth much this past year. I will admit that if that b#tch Hillary runs in '08 I will vote just to vote against her, but that's all the political will I have left anymore. Both parties are too busy screwing us. I never thought I'd give-up this way, but reality has set in for me. I'll just have to wait and decide when the chaos/revolution/civil war comes to my town whether to grab the .223 or the .308 first. That'll soon be the question to answer...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup... if we don't have the national will to secure our borders & preserve our language and culture, then we deserve the fucked-up future that awaits us!

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessivly persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

That's right... keep having your lawns mowed, your houses built, & your food cooked by illegals, cause hey... it saves you a few bucks in the short term, and besides, you don't want to appear intollerant, or God forbid pay fifty cents more for a head of lettuce.

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in it's own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

They grow in numbers & in strength day by day, while we wither on the vine & worry ourselves sick about such "important" issues as gay & animal "rights", and if that pretty little rich girl will ever come home from Aruba!

Truth is, politician assisted suicide has become the new American pastime, so stop squirming, and embrace the darkness... it's what you wanted America.            

WTF!!!!! dude leave baseball out of this

and they called me a redneck

and hey if we do become a "third world hell hole" then i have a feeling it we be alot easier to get full auto weapons....

but i think what you need right now its to STFU!!!!!

end of rant

I think he was spot on, and baseball is a good example of what's going on with our nation, actually!!!

Why does he need to STFU?!?!?!

Because of instead of actually doing something he justs whines on the net.
Broken record full of doom.
It's getting old real fast.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to point out that the original post could have been written in 1902 or 1880

What I find most amusing is that for virtually everyone who has posted in this thread, I can within five minutes post a similar complaint against their ethnic group when it first arrived in numbers in America: Scottish, German, Irish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, ad infinitum.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Only 159 views?  

I guess America is too busy trolling for teenage ass over at MySpace.com to face the truth.  

You're such a charmer.
No wonder your topics receive such acclaim LOL
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The same could be said about my grandparents as well...but there are some key differences.  I don't think many immigrants back in the day, sent huge amounts of money back to tehir homeland.  They left their country of origin and came here to start a new.  The learned the language (and in the case of my grandparents, were no allowed to speak their native tounge) and quickly assimilated.  There were no government handouts.  These weer self reliant peopel dead set to make it in a new country or die trying.

Contrast that to the new stream of immigrants from Mexico.  Instead of assimilating to their new country, they expect the new country to conform to them.  They proudly display the Mexican flag and many have no desire to learn English.  Its a night an day difference between the two situations....also let us not forget that we could always turn boats around...thats a long border with MExico to try and close down.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quit complaining and do something about it.

No offense intended, but if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.  That was a general comment, not a targeted one, by the way.

Not much that can be done within reason at this point. Many of us are just waiting until the civil war comes to our town and will fight it there. Doesn't matter at this point if I vote or if I don't vote. There aren't enough votes for THE TRUTH anymore to make a difference. I gave-up thinking my vote was worth much this past year. I will admit that if that b#tch Hillary runs in '08 I will vote just to vote against her, but that's all the political will I have left anymore. Both parties are too busy screwing us. I never thought I'd give-up this way, but reality has set in for me. I'll just have to wait and decide when the chaos/revolution/civil war comes to my town whether to grab the .223 or the .308 first. That'll soon be the question to answer...

I agree with most of that.

Don't just not vote though. I will not vote for either of the two major parties any longer and I have been a lifelong Republican since I first voted in '76. No more.

I am seriously considering the Constitution Party after looking into various party platforms.  I was very surprised to see how many political parties there are.

In any event, I was first somewhat put off by the Constitution Party religious bent but for the most part agree with the values they espouse as well as a staunch conservatism, end to entitlements, securing the border and ending illegal immigration, full support for the RKBA. You might be interested in checking them out.

Unfortunately, many are going to vote Republican no matter what thinking anything else will "waste their vote".  This only perpetuates the ongoing debacle and will mean that over the next couple of decades our vote will become diluted and meaningless.

I am also up for a straight up fight but who is going to start?
Where are the leaders? And if they would pop up how long before they disappear, are imprisoned on some trumped up bullshit, or are murdered in cold blood by some Horiuchi type?

MO is that by the time '86 rolled around Reagan was already suffering from Alzheimers and Nancy Reagan called the shots, considering some of the legislation he signed. I consider Reagan an American hero but his policies on Mexican immigration left us in the mess we are in and it is getting far, far worse. The political system is completely broken but it is looking as if we are going to have to hit rock bottom. That is going to be a relatively slow process. And painful to watch.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I hear ya DR. Up until VERY recently I was one of those guys who said "vote Repub or you are only throwing your vote away". I always supported Bush, but always had a problem with his border policies. And now I have FINALLY given-up on the two-party system. It's broken. Even with an honest guy with character (I believe Bush to be MOSTLY that at least), the system is SO flawed that it cannot be fixed without TOTAL overhaul. Too many scum-sucking power-brokers from BOTH parties in there. They're ONLY interested in staying in power. The words "public servant" have been lost in the mists of time. It's just a high-paying power-trip these days. I give up... but I will NEVER give-up the fight for what's right. Just TRY taking down The Stars and Stripes from my abode... I will treat it like an act or WAR.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah pretty much.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hear ya DR. Up until VERY recently I was one of those guys who said "vote Repub or you are only throwing your vote away". I always supported Bush, but always had a problem with his border policies. And now I have FINALLY given-up on the two-party system. It's broken. Even with an honest guy with character (I believe Bush to be MOSTLY that at least), the system is SO flawed that it cannot be fixed without TOTAL overhaul. Too many scum-sucking power-brokers from BOTH parties in there. They're ONLY interested in staying in power. The words "public servant" have been lost in the mists of time. It's just a high-paying power-trip these days. I give up... but I will NEVER give-up the fight for what's right. Just TRY taking down The Stars and Stripes from my abode... I will treat it like an act or WAR.

Yeah part of the problem is what makes someone a politician in the first place. Lying, cheating,  manipulative POSs for the most part.  They thirst for power and dedicate their lives to attaining that as well as keeping it. And those who fund them keep an eye on them while the voters have a short memory and they know that.  It truly is a good thing that not everyone votes IMO because many who do not are very poorly informed or just plain stupid.

That brings me to the flip side of that: We deserve what we are getting as a nation. We have allowed our gov't to intrude more into our lives while mistakenly believeing our freedoms cannot be gradually usurped, all in the name of gimme handout programs. Our votes are purchased with our own money while the Republic rots from within. Yet WE keep electing the same lying, manipulative POSs who have been even further corrupted by the beltway mentality.

Yeah, it is broken and broken badly, just hasn't fully caught up with us yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Play right into it.

The ILLEGAL immigration of the late 19th and early 20th century can hardly compare, neither in numbers or in damage. It is absurd to try and compare the two.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't like illegal immigration, but I don't know how places like apple orchards are going to survive without 'em. Well not that everyone at the orchards are illegal, but almost none of them are native born. That and the muck farms around here would be in a tough spot, not many people are willing to do that kind of work anymore.

Apples?!? Well hell at least we are fucking up the country for a good reason.

Apples.

And how about this solution. How about you hire the same kind of AMERICANS like I was in High School when I detassled corn in Iowa for LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE. And that bus was full of American kids who worked in the cornfields for LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE every single summer.

The notion that Americans won't do these jobs for low pay is nothing but a LIE.

How about them apples?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

and hey if we do become a "third world hell hole" then i have a feeling it we be alot easier to get full auto weapons....

end of rant

Looks like he struck a nerve.
Pro sports is one of the many things wrong with American society today.
A professor of mine, from Egypt, could not fathom why we pay millions of dollars to "criminals" to watch them play games.
Rome had their gladiators, we have our baseball/basketball/football teams.

Bread and circuses, bread and circuses.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like illegal immigration, but I don't know how places like apple orchards are going to survive without 'em. Well not that everyone at the orchards are illegal, but almost none of them are native born. That and the muck farms around here would be in a tough spot, not many people are willing to do that kind of work anymore.

Apples.

And how about this solution. How about you hire the same kind of AMERICANS like I was in High School when I detassled corn in Iowa for LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE. And that bus was full of American kids who worked in the cornfields for LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE every single summer.

How about them apples?

Americans will not do these jobs, the lie is thinking they will.
Who's gonna do them, you?
High school kids?
Thats a fucking joke, our kids today are so damn spoiled they would never "lower" themselves to do menial work.
I did, I swept out a dress factory and delivered papers and cut lawns to make money but who's gonna do these jobs now?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
we have been sold out by the REPUBLICRATS

No, actually we've sold ourselves out to laziness and moral bankruptcy. The repubs are just a symptom of the problem. The only solution is to go back to our ideals. It may be a bit late for that though...

ipschoser1... A man who gets "it".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples.

How about them apples?

Well there ya have it. Apples and the football game on the big screen TV. And to Hell with the Republic. Afterall, we have to have our priorities.

It really is the same as Rome. Why do some of you think they had gladiatorials and gave handouts to the Mob?

LMAO. People are so fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples.

How about them apples?

High school kids?
Thats a fucking joke, our kids today are so damn spoiled they would never "lower" themselves to do menial work.

I did, I swept out a dress factory and delivered papers and cut lawns to make money but who's gonna do these jobs now?

I call BS on your BS.
Before I graduated from high school, My friends and I mowed lawns, raked leaves, and shovled snow in the neighborhood.
Since I have graduated from High School in 2003, I have worked at 2 different places during the summers.
Maintainance for the County Gov't and a Golfcourse greenskeeping dept.
At both jobs, my co-workers were guys my age.
We worked 6 days a week, from 0600-1430.
Pay was 10 bucks an hour at the county, 8.50 an hour at the golf course (The younger guys were only paid 6-7 bucks an hour, I was a crew leader)
The notion that "kids today" won't do the work is BS.
Get rid of the illegals, and you will have to pay more.
When you pay an appropriate wage, you will have no problem finding people to do the job.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup... if we don't have the national will to secure our borders & preserve our language and culture, then we deserve the fucked-up future that awaits us!

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessivly persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

That's right... keep having your lawns mowed, your houses built, & your food cooked by illegals, cause hey... it saves you a few bucks in the short term, and besides, you don't want to appear intollerant, or God forbid pay fifty cents more for a head of lettuce.

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in it's own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

They grow in numbers & in strength day by day, while we wither on the vine & worry ourselves sick about such "important" issues as gay & animal "rights", and if that pretty little rich girl will ever come home from Aruba!

Truth is, politician assisted suicide has become the new American pastime, so stop squirming, and embrace the darkness... it's what you wanted America.            

end of rant

I think he was spot on, and baseball is a good example of what's going on with our nation, actually!!!

Why does he need to STFU?!?!?!

Because of instead of actually doing something he justs whines on the net.
Broken record full of doom.
It's getting old real fast.

Thank you

Damn man I mean I can understand you bitching about it don’t get me wrong. But don’t bitch and then not do anything about it.

Let’s face it there are only two real ways things will change.

1. if there is some form of revolution using our rights to over through the government if we don’t like what they are doing (I’m so not recommending this 1 too many people would die 2 there are not enough people who would be willing to do this to make it actually work)

2. If some very very conservative people can get into the political system and make some changes in the right direction. (Note that this would be a very slow process)

so fuck dude if you want it to change....then do something about it other than just bitch about it were no one who is already in the system can hear it.

May the flame fest on my comments begin
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples.

How about them apples?

Well there ya have it. Apples and the football game on the big screen TV. And to Hell with the Republic. Afterall, we have to have our priorities.

It really is the same as Rome. Why do some of you think they had gladiatorials and gave handouts to the Mob?

LMAO. People are so fucking stupid.

+1

Bread and circuses.

But I'm not sure if it's more like Rome or more like Rhodesia...maybe a little bit of both.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#26]

"223 Haiku
Racial slurs, careless indiscretion
Banned"

-Anonymous

---Aimless
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#27]
A society that forsakes Christ is doomed to decay and destruction.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
[ Americans will not do these jobs, the lie is thinking they will.
High school kids?

Americans will do "these jobs". What would happen if all the illegals were sent packing is that these jobs would be open for a while, then the employers would have to up the hourly wage to get people to take them. But so what? It would keep the Congress from f-ing with the minimum wage law every few years, meaning one less thing for them to stick their commie noses in. Simply let the free market do what it does best. The idea that Americans will not do these jobs is a crock. They just won't by and large do them for 3rd world wages.
Free market, not government. Americans, not illegals.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

hey everybody, pat robertson is in the house!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Play right into it.

The ILLEGAL immigration of the late 19th and early 20th century can hardly compare, neither in numbers or in damage. It is absurd to try and compare the two.

Really?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
High school kids?

Americans will do "these jobs". What would happen if all the illegals were sent packing is that these jobs would be open for a while, then the employers would have to up the hourly wage to get people to take them. But so what? It would keep the Congress from f-ing with the minimum wage law every few years, meaning one less thing for them to stick their commie noses in. Simply let the free market do what it does best. The idea that Americans will not do these jobs is a crock. They just won't by and large do them for 3rd world wages.

I see only one problem with this. If Americans take these jobs and employers up the pay rate, then the price of goods and services goes up. And I don't see every ones pay rates going up at the same rate as the price of said goods and services. There for you end up with an even more unbalanced economy than we currently have.
Please correct me if I am wrong
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You go Mr. & Mrs. America... keep aborting your offspring by the millions. Keep obsessively persuing material posessions & careers to the exclusion of raising families, and then wonder why the face of our nation is changing.  Stay focused on what really matters, like who wins American Idol, and what Donald Trump's hair looks like this week. Oh, and don't forget... Baseball season starts next week!

Yes... America has grown fat, lazy, and disinterested in its own survival, so I suggest that we face the reality that we are yesterday's news!  Millions of highly motivated, industrious breeders have invaded our country without so much as firing a shot, and the future is their's for the taking!

Hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#33]
We are perhaps too far gone as a nation.  We have become balkanized politically, racially, and religiously.  We have convinced ourselves that certain destructive philosophies are "the american way", while the MSM and academia does whatever it can to propagandize us against our nation's founding principles, and against our God.

What has replaced what we once had is ugly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
High school kids?

I see only one problem with this. If Americans take these jobs and employers up the pay rate, then the price of goods and services goes up. And I don't see every ones pay rates going up at the same rate as the price of said goods and services. There for you end up with an even more unbalanced economy than we currently have.

Perhaps, but would you not pay a little more if it meant 12-20 million illegals were shown the door?  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
We are perhaps too far gone as a nation.  We have become balkanized politically, racially, and religiously.  We have convinced ourselves that certain destructive philosophies are "the american way", while the MSM and academia does whatever it can to propagandize us against our nation's founding principles, and against our God.

What has replaced what we once had is ugly.

+1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Since I have graduated from High School in 2003, I have worked at 2 different places during the summers.

I wish you would have told me this a long time ago.
Now I won't have to waste my time arguing with a kid LOL

When you get some more real life experiance let me know  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only 159 views?  

I guess America is too busy trolling for teenage ass over at MySpace.com to face the truth.  

You're such a charmer.
No wonder your topics receive such acclaim LOL

Hey... I call them like I see them.

I'm so sorry if my viewpoint doesn't jibe with the talking points from today's White House press briefing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey everybody, pat robertson is in the house!

Roll your eyes all you want... it won't take THE TRUTH out of his statement. The pride and "intellectualism" (WILLFUL IGNORANCE!) of people today just boggles my mind.

Nope... humility and faith won't do you any good... just go on thinking that humans are top dog in the universe. After all... we're doing such a GREAT JOB here on earth right now!

Mark my words... whether you believe them or not... the mess we've made of our country won't be cleaned-up until HE returns (too bad we couldn't bring him back in our HEARTS instead of causing him to return through trial and tribulation). I really could care less if you believe that or not...

-- "Pat Robertson" out...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish you would have told me this a long time ago.
Now I won't have to waste my time arguing with a kid LOL

When you get some more real life experiance let me know  

A lot of "kids" have more brains than those who are older. Compare for instance, you and "thedoc".

BTW... I'm just a youthful 38. 'Suppose that's still just a "kid" to you grandpa...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I remember listening to Rush a few years back and he said something that I will always remember. "Being a liberal is easy. All you have to do is agree with everyone and support feel good actions. A conservative though has to disagree with someone sometime because you can't please everyone all the time ." That is so true

That is so true.  I don't like Rush very much but that hits the nail squarely on the head.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh, one more thing. When ranting about the Balkanization of America, it is a good thing to spell Balkanization correctly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#42]
If people from third world countries come here and refuse to accept the American culture and way of life, and refuse to learn English, then this country will become more and more like a third world country every day, since they refuse to abandon those things that made their country of origin the sh*thole that it is.

Immigrants USED to embrace the American way of life, whether they were from Italy, Ireland, etc.  Now, they want to take advantage of our economy and government handouts while REFUSING to embrace our way of life, refusing to speak English in their homes, dooming their children to menial jobs.  Immigration USED to make our country stronger; now illegal immigration makes us WEAKER.

BOTH parties privately accept illegal immigration for different reasons while publically condemning it; thus the REPUBLICAN and DEMOCRATIC party leadership are driving the Greyhound Bus that is American down a mountain road toward the cliff.

SINCE the electoral process has failed us -- you do NOT have a reasonable chance of getting electing if you are not REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT (sorry Libertarians, reality is a bitch), it is no longer possible to fix things by operating within the system.  It is clear that the democratic process will not pull us out of this.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
If people from third world countries come here and refuse to accept the American culture and way of life, and refuse to learn English, then this country will become more and more like a third world country every day, since they refuse to abandon those things that made their country of origin the sh*thole that it is.

Immigrants USED to embrace the American way of life, whether they were from Italy, Ireland, etc.  Now, they want to take advantage of our economy and government handouts while REFUSING to embrace our way of life, refusing to speak English in their homes, dooming their children to menial jobs.  Immigration USED to make our country stronger; now illegal immigration makes us WEAKER.

BOTH parties privately accept illegal immigration for different reasons while publically condemning it; thus the REPUBLICAN and DEMOCRATIC party leadership are driving the Greyhound Bus that is American down a mountain road toward the cliff.

SINCE the electoral process has failed us -- you do NOT have a reasonable chance of getting electing if you are not REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT (sorry Libertarians, reality is a bitch), it is no longer possible to fix things by operating within the system.  It is clear that the democratic process will not pull us out of this.

There is so much historically inaccurate in your post that I don't know where to start...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I find most amusing is that for virtually everyone who has posted in this thread, I can within five minutes post a similar complaint against their ethnic group when it first arrived in numbers in America: Scottish, German, Irish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, ad infinitum.

You could try, but our Irish / English / German asses did it the legal way and worked at becoming part of America, not a local tribe of  Germans screaming about how the school books should be writen in German and making sure we wore funny hats and outfits to 'keep it real' with our 'roots'.

I have nothing against immigration.  I have a major problem with people who insist they should be able to break our laws, enter at will, assume identities of others, pay no taxes, and then have the nerve to tell us to pound sand when our legislature starts talking about dealing with it.

Pull out all the cartoons you like, it has nothing to do with leaving the door wide open to illegals and a growing refusal to be seen as anything other than a member of a 'culture' vs a citizen of a nation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You are wrong in what the true costs will be.  Labor for farm goods and other areas where illegal alien workers produce things Americans purchase make up roughly 5-10% of the cost of that item.  

So say the lettuce farmers fire all the illegals who work for them and hire Americans at double the wages they were paying the illegal aliens at.  Your $1 head of lettuce would now cost a max of $1.10.  So you would have to pay 10 cents more for your head of lettuce, but you would gain all of the money the taxpayers spend on education, healthcare, prisons (30% or so of all federal prisoners are illegal aliens), social programs, wages and other things that illegal aliens take from our society.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples.

How about them apples?

High school kids?

Probably took a few dresses home with you, just to try on.
Too bad you're such a self loathing "American" that you think virtually every American is too lazy for manuel labor.  How about those coal miners going right back into the shaft after a collapse?  Tell them they're lazy Americans, and their jobs should be outsourced to illegal aliens for 1/3 of their wages while you pick up the tab for the health benefits of said illegals.
If you weren't such a brain washed Bush acolyte, you'd see that Americans, living in a first world economy, simply cannot afford to compete with a worker from a 3rd world economy.
The overall cost is the same, whether the employer pays a competitive wage to an American, or he pays slave wages, half of which go back to the 3rd world, and society picks up the cost.

I know you just can't accept that you've been sold out by your political party of choice, but reality is reality, and eventually you'll have to face it like most critical thinkers already have.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The same could be said about my grandparents as well...but there are some key differences.  I don't think many immigrants back in the day, sent huge amounts of money back to tehir homeland.  They left their country of origin and came here to start a new.  The learned the language (and in the case of my grandparents, were no allowed to speak their native tounge) and quickly assimilated.  There were no government handouts.  These weer self reliant peopel dead set to make it in a new country or die trying.

Contrast that to the new stream of immigrants from Mexico.  Instead of assimilating to their new country, they expect the new country to conform to them.  They proudly display the Mexican flag and many have no desire to learn English.  Its a night an day difference between the two situations....also let us not forget that we could always turn boats around...thats a long border with MExico to try and close down.

I think money was sent back home, and the "assimilating" is somewhat exaggerated. I attended an italian catholic grade school as a kid. There were three of us in my grade who were not italian. We took italian lessons in junior high school. This was several generations after the italian immigrants had settled in that area.

Basically everyone who lived in that part of town was italian. I know an older guy who changed his name to make it sound "less italian" so his wife's family would accept him. Obviously this was many years ago and with every generation there is less and less of that, but there are still plenty of italian flags (and Irish) flown around here.

Did those Italians at least speak English in public?  Where there Communist front groups at the time advocating for the Italians?  Did the Italians protest in public waving Italian flags working towards an Italian "Reconquista?"  Did you press one for English, two for Italian while conducting local business over the phone?  Were those Italians in the country legally?
Were they Italian Americans, or Italian Nationals bent on balkanizing the United States?
Must I go on to make my point?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You could try, but our Irish / English / German asses did it the legal way and worked at becoming part of America, not a local tribe of  Germans screaming about how the school books should be writen in German and making sure we wore funny hats and outfits to 'keep it real' with our 'roots'.

I have nothing against immigration.  I have a major problem with people who insist they should be able to break our laws, enter at will, assume identities of others, pay no taxes, and then have the nerve to tell us to pound sand when our legislature starts talking about dealing with it.

Pull out all the cartoons you like, it has nothing to do with leaving the door wide open to illegals and a growing refusal to be seen as anything other than a member of a 'culture' vs a citizen of a nation.

Try to figure out what famous American made these statements, and in regards to which ethnic group. The words in red have been changed from the original to more closely reflect today's concern. I will post the full original text in a little while.

Why should the Mexicans be suffered to swarm into our country, and by herding together establish their language and manners to the exclusion of ours? Why should America, founded by Americans, become a nation of aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Mexicanize us instead of our Americanizing them, and will never adopt our languages or customs, any more than they can acquire our complexion.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That's it for you
223 Haiku

---Aimless

????????
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top