Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It might be two days once they actually ship it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Page 2 says Prime is the shit

ETA SHIT!!!

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't live in BFE so I get every package delivered when promised.  

Two days, next day, later that day (if ordered by noon).

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Two days once it arrives in your nearest city.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
They've weaseled they're way out of it by saying "2 day shipping" means "2 days after it ships"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

seems kinda like false advertising
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:30:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Its funny how people are complaing about the shipping yet lets look at it this way

your membership is $100 a year

If you dont have Prime and want free shipping your order on prime goods has to be $50 or more

The amount you would have to spend on shipping or the amount of $50 purchases you would need to do already takes care of $100

think of any other online business that is as simple as this for shipping
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I call and tell them since they couldn't get me my stuff on time I want the shipping fees reversed.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:09:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I just had some stuff delivered on a sunday night in less than 12 hours.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:27:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you place your order, it TELLS you when you're going to get it.  I don't know how much more simple they could make it.  If it's in stock at an Amazon warehouse, it even tells you, down to the second, how much time you have remaining to place your order to get it on that date.

If it's out of stock, they'll tell you the expected shipping date.

If it's 3rd party, they tell you that they aren't sure when it will ship, but when it does, it will be via whatever method/speed you chose.

I'd wager I order more from Amazon than 90%+ of ARFcommers.  I've have one or 2 shipping problems in the 11 years I've been a Prime member.  I've placed nearly 600 orders in that time frame.  A rough estimate of $14 per order (calculated elsewhere on the internet) puts my saved shipping costs at a minimum of $8400.  Reality is I've probably saved considerably more than that.  For that, I spent about $900 in Prime membership fees.  I think I'm getting the better end of the deal....
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been a member for years. I probably had less than a hand full of complaints. Hell, I ordered from prime Friday and had it it today (Sunday).

An All Clad skillet.
View Quote

I order a ton of stuff and never really had a problem either.

I think there must be an Amazon warehouse nearby because most everything that is from Amazon itself arrives a day early
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When you place your order, it TELLS you when you're going to get it.  I don't know how much more simple they could make it.  If it's in stock at an Amazon warehouse, it even tells you, down to the second, how much time you have remaining to place your order to get it on that date.

If it's 3rd party, they tell you that they aren't sure when it will ship, but when it does, it will be via whatever method/speed you chose.

I'd wager I order more from Amazon than 90%+ of ARFcommers.  I've have one or 2 shipping problems in the 11 years I've been a Prime member.  I've placed nearly 600 orders in that time frame.  A rough estimate of $14 per order (calculated elsewhere on the internet) puts my saved shipping costs at a minimum of $8400.  Reality is I've probably saved considerably more than that.  For that, I spent about $900 in Prime membership fees.  I think I'm getting the better end of the deal....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you make the assumption that I don't know this?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:59:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I order an enormous amount of stuff on Prime.  When the seller is Amazon, it ships fast and is there in two days.  When the seller is a third party, sometimes it takes them a few days to get it shipped, but then they do two day shipping.

You can argue with Amazon about it, and they'll apologize, but I've never gotten anything better out of them.
View Quote

On numerous occasions I have been given an extra month of prime. My prime membership don't end until November of 2017 and at least 4 months of that is from them "extending" my membership due to slow ship times.

I have also called and been given an "upgrade" to 1 day shipping that actually put the item on track for what it should have been on prime anyways. It's a hassle sometimes but the majority of times I don't have any issues plus you get the prime videos and whatnot.

To me the service is worth it for all you get. I mean I pay the same (roughly) for Netflix and I only get tv shows/movies. Prime I get that plus I get (usually) two days shipping.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not claiming I know more than I really do..

In the PNW region, Amazon dropped most of their volume with Fedex. Boss of a boss of a boss said they acquired 30 or so aircraft and are in the process of establishing their own delivery service. Not sure if it's like that all over though.
View Quote

The majority of amazons freight gets pulled by a handful of trucking companies.

They do have trailers that get pulled by 3rd party but no trucks, it's cheaper to farm it out than run it.

Fed ex and ups cost to much to move freight.

Over The last holiday season I pulled Amazon freight exclusively and it was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I can see why the major carriers want no part in Amazon freight.  

As far as the airplanes go I don't really see it, it's extremely expensive to move air freight and super cheap to move freight by truck.

This would explain the 2-5 day wait on some prime items. The item may not show it has shipped until it hits the fed ex,ups,usps hub.

Then it gives those carriers time to get the package delivered on time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I keep prime cause Primary Arms Amazon prices are better than their own website

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ordered dog food friday. Got it sunday. Sunday delivery is awesome.
View Quote

Must be nice
I placed a Prime order on Thursday morning and will get it today (Monday)
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Must be nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered dog food friday. Got it sunday. Sunday delivery is awesome.

Must be nice

You hope!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#18]
It is 2 day shipping not delivered in 2 days
It's still a deal because prime shipping is free. I try to use Amazon for everything.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I almost always receive my stuff two days after ordering it.  I've had them ship stuff overnight the next day to make the two day mark.  There are occasionally larger items that are clearly marked 4 day shipping, I get those 4 days after I order them.   I have had problems with USPS not delivering stuff on time, but that's on USPS, not Amazon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#20]
2 day shipping doesn't mean it'll get there in 2 days. It could take a few days to process... and if it's over the weekend, forget anything happening on a Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just email them each time it's late and get a free month added. They make it hard to find the email link, but it's there.
View Quote

You can also use the live chat feature to bitch about it being late and they'll extend you for a month.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
2 day shipping doesn't mean it'll get there in 2 days. It could take a few days to process... and if it's over the weekend, forget anything happening on a Sunday.
View Quote

I've ordered stuff on Friday and had it delivered on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#23]
99% of my stuff arrives on time or earlier. If the occasional item doesn't, Amazon makes it right.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed some people on here say that. I've never heard of it and if I place an order on a Friday or Saturday it always tells me it'll be delivered on Tuesday, skipping Sunday. I've never had anything delivered by any carrier on a Sunday. I'm pretty rural though so that could be the reason.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Not receiving trinkets on time triggers ARFcom.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I order an enormous amount of stuff on Prime.  When the seller is Amazon, it ships fast and is there in two days.  When the seller is a third party, sometimes it takes them a few days to get it shipped, but then they do two day shipping.

You can argue with Amazon about it, and they'll apologize, but I've never gotten anything better out of them.
View Quote
Prime is fucking awesome. Saves me a fortune in shipping.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Order on Thurs or Fri, you're not seeing it until Monday or Tuesday.
View Quote

I ordered something Saturday night at 11pm and got it Monday at 3pm.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#28]
The only thing they do that irritates me is when you order 2 day prime, but it's a local shipment so they hold it for a day before shipping so it still gets to you in two days.   My guess is they queue it up for the next day, knowing it will only take 1 day so they can prioritize other shipments, but it's still annoying.   That said, i didn't pay for 1 day guaranteed shipping, so how much can i truly complain about that?

Otherwise, I've only ever had one time where it was late.  That was because they chose UPS ground instead of a 2 day shipping method to guarantee me the 2 day delivery.  It showed up in 4 days.  I bitched to them about that because that was their fault for choosing the improper shipping method.   I got credited a month of free prime.

Honestly, 2 day free shipping is more than worth it, even if you get hit by a problem now and again.  Go see what it costs you for 2 day shipping from most places.   Yeah, that shit ain't cheap.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#29]
It happens 25-30% of the time and only with the things that I needed yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#30]
It amazes me all the issues some people have with Amazon.

I've never had any sort of problem with them.

OP...when you checked out...what did it say as for your guaranteed delivery date if you order in the next XXXX hours?  I always see this message, and it's never varied from this (although it's been early a few times)
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It amazes me all the issues some people have with Amazon.

I've never had any sort of problem with them.

OP...when you checked out...what did it say as for your guaranteed delivery date if you order in the next XXXX hours?  I always see this message, and it's never varied from this (although it's been early a few times)
View Quote

This, I never have problems with Amazon. Granted I live 20 minutes from their Hebron hub
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Been a long time Prime member. I would say about 99% of the time I get my stuff in 2 days from the date of shipping. There have been issues, and it seems its usually UPS that has the issues. I've noticed many times that UPS will change the receive date, after the item has shipped.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've gotten free months of Prime several times when Amazon-sold items didn't show up in 2 days.  The last time was a couple pairs of jeans, and after a week, they sent me an email apologizing and giving me a free month, and said they were shipping out a duplicate shipment since the first one was seemingly lost.  A week later, that order had also failed to show up, and they sent yet another, but also refunded me for the price.  So I got the jeans for free, though they did request that if either of the first two orders ever showed up that I return them.  (And no, neither of the first two shipments ever did arrive.)
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Not sure about you guys, but my 2 day shipping is two day shipping.   I can get one day and same day also.  They deliver Saturdays and Sundays for me too.

If I order something with 2 day on say Friday, I get it Sunday.

Of course I only order things fulfilled by Amazon and that is prime eligible.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#37]
HAH. I may get the 2 day shipping. It just never gets to Montana in 2 days and I'm ok with that
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#38]
You'll pay more for the prime shipping, despite the already paid membership that supposedly provides free 2 day shipping.

Amazon doesn't always have the best prices, particularly with prime shipping items.  You pay 99 bucks, and then $7-8 more for the item top ship with prime shipping.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#39]
wish I had you guys luck,last 2 things I ordered in the last month NEVER got shipped,over a week passes and either order never got filled... canceled both went to ebay and got both in 3days.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I once ordered a safe on amazon with prime shipping. They took a week to deliver it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

This has been my experience.

I've never had an item that was 'in stock and fulfilled by Amazon" IE, coming from their warehouse, not show up 1-2 days later (even on a sunday).

Stuff from 3rd party folks that says Prime can take longer...  it's still free shipping.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In the past year I've had numerous issues with their shipping. They really shouldn't advertise it as such, because I only receive it in 2-3 days about half the time.
View Quote

They banged me a time or two, but were probably in the 98-99 percentile for getting shit to me before I would ever remember or find time to get it at the store.  

Hit it.  Forget it.  Shit shows up.  Christmas all year long!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

One problem is that Amazon may have different vendors for the same product.  If it's not going to be 2 days, it ALWAYS tells me in the cart.

This is coming from a guy that gets 3+packages from Amazon per week.

I love Amazon Prime and it has me supremely spoiled.  i save a ton of money with it, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Similar issue with 2 pairs of carhartt workpants i bought a couple weeks ago. Said prime while browsing the pants, then once purchased, 5-9 business days..  Wtf!

One problem is that Amazon may have different vendors for the same product.  If it's not going to be 2 days, it ALWAYS tells me in the cart.

This is coming from a guy that gets 3+packages from Amazon per week.

I love Amazon Prime and it has me supremely spoiled.  i save a ton of money with it, too.

This is my experience.

My wife buys (and sells!) on Amazon. She'll hit garage sales, and either eBay the items or sell them on Amazon. Sometimes, she'll order case quantities of items that sell out quickly on Amazon, then re-list them individually when they're sold out for months at a time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#44]
I love Amazon Prime.

I live near the Allentown warehouse and if I order something that is there, I get it the next day.  I just ordered a book last Tuesday for my daughter's summer reading, "Al Capone Does My Shirts".  I ordered it around Tuesday 3pm.  The book arrived UPS Wed 12pm.  Literally less than 24 hours.

I've ordered plenty of things Prime that have come the same way, next day, about 24 hours from me pressing the "Purchase" button.

I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times items have not hit the 2 business day window.  I've been using Prime since it first launched.  

IMO, one of life's most convenient services.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've noticed some people on here say that. I've never heard of it and if I place an order on a Friday or Saturday it always tells me it'll be delivered on Tuesday, skipping Sunday. I've never had anything delivered by any carrier on a Sunday. I'm pretty rural though so that could be the reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I had a package delivered on Sunday.  Dog was going apeshit so I looked out the window and saw the big brown truck.  I was like "WTF"?!?! I honestly wasn't expecting it until Monday.  Prime rocks.  They say two day shipping and that's exactly what I've always gotten.  Some 3rd party sellers can be slow shipping the package, and that sucks, but they've always used two-day shipping.

You guys can hate on prime all you want.  Go ahead and cancel it.  Enjoy your free 6-11 business day shipping on orders over $50.  I'll take my prime shipping any day of the week, including Sundays.  First world problems...
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Really?  Really?  I mean truthfully be honest with yourself with that statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shipping times have gone to shit over the past couple of years.

Really?  Really?  I mean truthfully be honest with yourself with that statement.

lol  For me personally they have drastically increased.   I have prime, a fulfillment center is literally 20 miles from my front door.  I live in a city adjacent to one of the busiest trucking routes in the state.  I'm not in the middle of no where.   I have placed 43 orders in the past 6 months.   Taking out the non prime purchases  I have 38 prime purchases.

I did not include the date of purchase in the calculation.
2 arrived in 1 day

16 came in 2 days

9 came in 3 days

4 came in 4 days

3 came in 5 days

1 came in 6 days

2 came in 8 days

1 came in 9 days   This was a bulky item so I understand a delay.
eta Obviously I use the heck out of it.   Don't get me wrong, for me the prime membership is worth every penny.   But the shipping times are, in my personal experience, slowing down.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I decided to order a tablet on a whim Saturday night, got it just before noon this morning (Monday), and have had consistently great results.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#49]
The last 7 or 8 prime buys I made all took more than 2 days.  So I did not renew.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You'll pay more for the prime shipping, despite the already paid membership that supposedly provides free 2 day shipping.

Amazon doesn't always have the best prices, particularly with prime shipping items.  You pay 99 bucks, and then $7-8 more for the item top ship with prime shipping.
View Quote

Lies...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top