Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nice....5 guys with rifles, who  can't shoot worth a shit, [red]taking pot shots at a beautiful male lion for no good reason.[/red] Looked like an exotic game ranch to me. Might have been the fences....which always makes for a real fair hunt.

That's fucked up. I can say with 100% certainty that anyone who thinks that's cool is a complete egotistical small dicked moron.

As for the video, it sucked. Wrong outcome. Should have ended with a feast of five human carcases for the lion.

To think an animal that nobel gets taken out by those ten gallon hat retards is sickening.
View Quote

Do it every year with deer.  [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You either hunt or you don't. Some think they hunt, but they are just out there trying to hunt. I have heard some claim one shot kills all the time, all that tells me is they either get no game most of the time, or are not in the woods a lot, as one shots kills are tried for , but not always achieved. This was not all that bad, no matter what -- canned, not sure what that means, as the lion was able to get to the hunter. A lot of bleeding hearts here. The lion was shot in what I presume was a legal manner. I personally do not hunt on game farms, preserves or game ranches, many do , due to the lack of public lands, different strokes for different folks.

[b]You either get it or you don't.[/b]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You saw them giving each other high fives?? fucking pricks.
View Quote

So, the Lions would roar and feast on human flesh. They celebrate a kill, we celebrate a kill.

That lion tho...What a magnificent beast living up to his reputation.
View Quote

And what did the Humans do? They lived up to their reputations as well. The "King of Beasts" felled by the "Masters of the Planet". We are all animals. The Human animal is truly a "magnificent beast". I'm proud (and lucky) to be one.

Edited to add;

Don't hate yourself for what you are, embrace it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
They were using large caliber guns.(Im sure larger than .338)
It was not too many shots,Lions are very tough animals.
It was not a tortured creature, I think it died relatively quickly.It did not look like "prolonged agony"
Who says Lion is inedible? Meat is meat.
As for them being ineffective, they effectively killed that Lion.
As for them needing shooting lessons, I would like to see any of you detractors (probably paper shooters) stand your ground and continue to acurately shoot at a charging dangerous animal.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What a shame, I was hoping that the Lion was going to tear that guys head off. Four men with high power rifles against a Lion, real hunters, big men high fiving each other.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn video only plays with sound for me, does anyone have any ideas?
View Quote
Windows media 9 download it
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Canned hunts suck, whether its a "game ranch" in Texas, a fenced "preserve" in Africa, or the LA zoo. It the area is surrounded by a fence the animal cannot escape its a canned hunt.

Proper .45-70 ammo penetrates deeper than the .458Win Mag. It's enough gun for any animal on the planet. Go to Buffolo Bore's webpage for plenty of pics & penetration data.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What a shame, I was hoping that the Lion was going to tear that guys head off. Four men[red] with high power rifles against a Lion[/red], real hunters, big men high fiving each other.
View Quote

At some point in time this became nuts, what would you hunt lion with,  a slingshot ??
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know if this is a real video of a free hunt.  Let's assume it is.

As you watch, notice the dust puffs behind the charging lion.  Some might think these are "misses".

I doubt it.

I've never shot a lion, but I've read a lot written by guys that have.

[red]The comments from some that the .45-70 would be a good gun are in error.  Nothing less than a .375 magnum should be considered.[/red]

But even if these guys were using large caliber guns, they were [b]shooting completely through[/b] the lion.  Bigger isn't going to help unless you hit something vital.

On a charging lion, Capstick and others say that you [u]must[/u] hit the brain or spine or break a shoulder to stop a lion charge.  Just putting large caliber holes completely through him will not [b]stop[/b] him.

He will eventually "bleed out" and die, but in the mean time, he will rip you apart.  This lion was obviously badly hurt or he would have killed one or more of these guys.  As Capstick said, "A bite from a lion to the thorax pretty well settles it."

Cool heads, perfect shots, and enough gun are the ticket.  These guys didn't have all three.  As they found out, you can buy one of the three, but not the other two.
View Quote

O_P,
Wouldn't the 45-70 Gov't with Garrett "Hammerheads" or Solids be equivalent to the .458 Win Mag?

I could have sworn that was the case?[:|]

I thought in some areas of Africa it had to be a .400 calibre or larger to use which would leave the .375 H&H out.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the rest and I have always wanted to take an African Safari...but only to hunt the Antelope etc.

He should have shot him the first time he stood up and turned broadside!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The bleading hearts around here make me sick.  By the way, the 20+ grand that guy paid for the trophy fee will pay for quite a few game warden sallaries and will also keep the land that lion lived on from being turned into cattle land, thus destroying the habitat for all the animals.  Unless you whiners are willing to donate money in the hunters stead you should probably just shut up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if that guy's scope held zero after taking a fall like that?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't like trophy hunters much either, that's why I use a silenced 22lr behind the ear while the local deer are at the salt lick in my back yard.
View Quote

Always a treat to meet a fellow , jack lighter.[:)]

Got a big buck the other night like that, he is going on the wall, with all the other big bucks.

just had to put that in to bug the bambi crowd. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Yet another thing ARFCOM and DU have in common: a bunch of killjoy weenies when it comes to hunting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is this the right way to shoot a lion(ess)?

[url]http://www.serveroptions.com/humor/lioness.mpg[/url]
View Quote

Now we have to listen to the awwwww, they shot that poor lion two times, they did not kill it with one shot.  Non hunters gall me. All food comes from the local Krogers wrapped in plastic wrap and on a styrofoam plate. Numbskulls.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=505559&page=12&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=all
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#17]
People arent saying "boo hoo they killed a pretty lion." They are angry that this was a canned hunt, the 'hunters' really suck, and the PH fucked up. Read the thread on AccurateReloading that Chips Fan just posted.

The video DVD posted is much better. It was a real hunt and they shot the lioness again immediately to make sure she was going down.

Of course this is all my opinion which I based off what Ive seen and what others have said. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, shit happens.  Here is a good lion hunting story at Accurate Reloading:

[url]http://www.accuratereloading.com/henryp.html[/url]

I suggest you read it... there is one part that I found interesting regarding lion hunting:

[i]
Henry knew the ideal hunting range for a lion is between 40 and 60 yards, while 100 was about as far as one should risk a shot. It is not that a well placed bullet will not instantly kill a lion at this range, or even at much longer ranges, for almost any good bullet can do that, but it is more a question of accuracy. It is hard to shoot a heavy rifle well at long ranges. If the first shot is not well placed on a lion, it will trigger a swift adrenaline response. There is little question subsequent body shots are, for the time being at least,, going to do very little to slow him down. If that first shot is not immediately fatal, the lion may quickly become the most formidable terrestrial animal on earth. There is one more undisputed fact about an aroused lion: he is likely to be extremely brave. In the opinion of many experienced hunters a wounded lion is the most dangerous of the Big Five – the bravest of the brave.
[/i]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#19]
SNorman,

Good story, never read it.

Most years I go boar hunting in Argentina on a friends ranch in the Pampas.  They have trie russian boar down there that someone intriduced 120 years ago running all over the place.  We hunt them in the tall grass, no dogs, just us and bolt guns, what a rush.  Invariably you get charged by a raging boar and that's pretty exciting, however that is where I limit my dangerous game.  

Like my friend says about bear hunting:  "I will leave the bears alone and they will leave me alone."
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Poor cat.
Fucking dentists.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
my point is why did the have to shoot a lion?? could'nt a deer (that you'll eat) do just as well? Why not ? because these pusses think because a lion charges at you and gives you a "roller coaster" thrill that makes you a man. BS! that lion stood no more chance than any deer or squirrel. Weather it was canned or not is irrelevant they are yahoos who just like to shoot things cause they think it gives'em balls! HAHAHA! As to preserve Fees and all that it's a shame that people are more willing to pay to kill an animal then they are to preserve wildlife plus in these Cash strapped african countries US $$ go a long way. These assholes are no different than the poor poacher who kills a black rhino then takes his horn and sells it so some Chink can get his daily Hardon!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
my point is why did the have to shoot a lion?? could'nt a deer (that you'll eat) do just as well? Why not ? because these pusses think because a lion charges at you and gives you a "roller coaster" thrill that makes you a man. BS! that lion stood no more chance than any deer or squirrel. Weather it was canned or not is irrelevant they are yahoos who just like to shoot things cause they think it gives'em balls! HAHAHA! As to preserve Fees and all that it's a shame that people are more willing to pay to kill an animal then they are to preserve wildlife plus in these Cash strapped african countries US $$ go a long way. These assholes are no different than the poor poacher who kills a black rhino then takes his horn and sells it so some Chink can get his daily Hardon!
View Quote

I hunt, don't care too much for canned hunts but as far as African game goes that might be the only option as I understand hunting free roaming DG is not legal in many places so a game preserve is the only way to hunt some animals.  And the $$ are welcomed by everyone as it goes a long way toward preserving more land, hiring more rangers, and prosecuting more poachers.

As far as just killing to kill, everyones motivation is different.  For me I would like to hunt every animal there is.  It is my fantasy to win the PowerBall Lotto and go on a world wide safari, hunting everything from Prarie Dogs to Polar Bear.  Why?  As easy as it is for me to write and communicate I have failed all of my life to define the reason(s) I hunt.  Maybe like an instinct it is an action that is hard wired in my brain and I just act with out reason but out of psychological disposition passed on from distant ancestors or the reason could be buried in my subconscious below some patholgy that I cannot even recognize.  

In the end the fine lines dividing archers, gun-hunters, target shooters, casual sportsmen, and collectors only serves to make us weaker in front of the anti's.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Poor cat.
Fucking dentists.
View Quote

fuckin a brother!!

i used to hunt (not huuge game), not anymore. and that's for one reason: i love wilderness and what it holds. more than anything, the more we encroch on it, the more it just goes away.

don't know if that makes sense, but i wish that lion would've whipped the shit out of the fancy "dentist" that had no business being in that beautiful animal's domain. rare beasts are a symbol for what was.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#24]
What a crock of bullshit this thread is.  Most of you here who hunt are NO different than this guy.  Big freakin deal, your ate your deer.  Was it going to charge you and kill you, little bambi?  Why didn't you use a .22, gotta have a 30-06 for Bambi?  Blah, blah, blah.  Buncha crap...  

You hunt for many reasons, and I'm willing to bet alot of your get a thrill from killing a deer, meat is just one factor...

And yes it's also equally lame for people who eat meat at all to complain about/have distain for hunters.  It's all the same.

Man is a predator, and this guy had the money to pay for the ultimate hunt.  For fun, for the thrill of the kill.  Nothing wrong with that, deal with it...  (unless there are few of the animal/danger of extinction, etc)

(I am not a hunter BTW, have only hunted 2 or 3 times in my life and killed no deer...  Never trophy hunted anything)

{EDIT} Now the canned hunt thing does kinda bother me, as this shows it can get hairy but that just wouldn't be my idea of the "Ultimate Hunt".  Maybe that's all that's available now though...
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#25]
like i said, I DON'T HUNT!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't hunt, but I have no disdain for those who do. The reason I don't hunt is because I do not eat deer meat, or moose, or bear, or whatever the hell there is to kill. I personally believe that if *I* kill an animal, I must make use of every part of it.

What many people have said here is not that it's "wrong" or "bad" to hunt. They have said that "hunting" a lion in what is basically a big cage is despicable. I tend to agree. I personally don't feel it is right for these mighty animals, most of which there are too few left, to be 'hunted'. I am not working to stop it, but I have my opinions. It's one thing to hunt deer which there are millions of, or many other animals that are not at all endangered. It is another to hunt these magnificent beasts (to quote another) of which few remain.

The ethics of these "hunters" is, to me, questionable in some cases. If you want to kill something just for the sake of killing it, why not use a full automatic and dump a magazine into it and move to the next animal? Why pretend you are a "hunter" with a big expensive rifle and scope when all you want to do is kill something and mount its head on your wall.

If anyone thinks these jackoffs were anything but jackoffs, then you need to watch the video again. I wouldn't be surprised if these morons drink while cleaning their rifles and point them at each other and laugh.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Those folks are none too bright.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I really found out what really happened.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=220450&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really found out what really happened.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=220450&w=myTopicPop[/url]
View Quote

[LOLabove]

I dont call that shit hunting either. I wouldn't want to shoot such an awesome animal like that. That dude is lucky the Lion Missed his sorry butt! Those canned hunts are BS!

COZ

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I hunt, don't care too much for canned hunts but as far as African game goes that might be the only option as I understand hunting free roaming DG is not legal in many places so a game preserve is the only way to hunt some animals.  And the $$ are welcomed by everyone as it goes a long way toward preserving more land, hiring more rangers, and prosecuting more poachers.

As far as just killing to kill, everyones motivation is different.  For me I would like to hunt every animal there is.  It is my fantasy to win the PowerBall Lotto and go on a world wide safari, hunting everything from Prarie Dogs to Polar Bear.  Why?  As easy as it is for me to write and communicate I have failed all of my life to define the reason(s) I hunt.  Maybe like an instinct it is an action that is hard wired in my brain and I just act with out reason but out of psychological disposition passed on from distant ancestors or the reason could be buried in my subconscious below some patholgy that I cannot even recognize.  

In the end the fine lines dividing archers, gun-hunters, target shooters, casual sportsmen, and collectors only serves to make us weaker in front of the anti's.
View Quote

"I just act with out reason but out of psychological disposition passed on from distant ancestors or the reason could be buried in my subconscious below some patholgy that I cannot even recognize."
Putting my psychoanalyst hat on for a minute, to answer your question as to why is simple....
YOU HAVE A SMALL PENIS!!
So you want to shoot and kill some of the most endangered animals in the world for reasons you can't define?  Fucking pathetic.  I have the ultimate hunt for you.. Next time you go to the bathroom why don't you hunt for your little penis....
Damn I can't stand people with attitudes like yours.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#31]
so many experts here! "his rifle is too small" what calibre was it mr. expert?.. "his scope is too big" what are the specs? "they didnt eat it" do you know that? i hunt cougar and i will tell you it is very fine meat.
 get out of your walt disney mind set and get your head out of your liberal assssk. you are spouting what your kinder garden teachers tought you!    so many experts!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the first sentence sums it up nicely.

In our emasculate age, it is considered uncouth to confess to anything resembling a killer instinct. Yet such a
thing does exist, and it is worth study. It is fashionable to protest that one does not hunt in order to kill, as
with Ortega y Gasset, yet if one does not kill, hunting is emotionally unsatisfying. This is why some people
hunt and others do not. I think it is ingenuous to protest that the killer instinct is evil. Man is a carnivorous
predator - you have but to look to his teeth - and though very few men now need to hunt for their food, a
good many men do need to hunt for emotional fulfillment. This is not evil. It is as natural as the enjoyment of
good food, great art, and fine music. To deny this is simply to look foolish. I know many shooters who are not
hunters, and I do not think less of them for this. I know a surprising number of hunters who are not shooters,
and while I think this is peculiar, I do not think it is wicked. I must admit that today in my declining years my
bloodlust has slackened, but this has no moral significance for me. Even today I hunt whenever I can, and I
often play catch-and-release by snapping in on an empty chamber. The fact remains, however, that there is
such a thing as a killer instinct, and it is neither to be extolled nor condemned. In my own family there are those who are true killers and those who are not, and I love them equally. Judging from my own experience
(which is a thing one never ought to do) I feel that those without the killer instinct lead somewhat diminished
lives, as do people who are tone deaf or color blind, but I think we should drop psychological pretense in this
matter, and face facts as they are. I happen to relish chile very much, but I do not demand that you do. It is not
a moral issue.

Col. Jeff Cooper

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You either hunt or you don't. Some think they hunt, but they are just out there trying to hunt. I have heard some claim one shot kills all the time, all that tells me is they either get no game most of the time, or are not in the woods a lot, as one shots kills are tried for , but not always achieved. This was not all that bad, no matter what -- canned, not sure what that means, as the lion was able to get to the hunter. A lot of bleeding hearts here. The lion was shot in what I presume was a legal manner. I personally do not hunt on game farms, preserves or game ranches, many do , due to the lack of public lands, different strokes for different folks.

View Quote

Because I see absolutely nothing of value, skill, merit or anything right about a talentless jackass who can't shoot, pretends to be skilled, botches an EASY clean shot and proceeds to slaughter a beautiful animal for no reason other than to get his limp dick to rise one last time, that makes ME a bleeding heart? Please, get off your high horse.

Because it's legal to do, that makes it right? Do you actually have any sort of free thought to you, or are do you always just march to whatever feels good to YOU without any concern what so ever for a larger purpose than your own pathetic entertainment?

To corner a lion in a confined space, and prop a rifle up while surrounded by 4 others to back you up (since you can't shoot worth a shit) and proceed for all purposes, to execute a captive lion is sick.

Call it what you want, and from the saftey and comfort of your keyboard at home, promote yourself and some "real" man that will kill anything just because he can and feels like it, with no regard for anything that lives other than humans. Label people who disagree as bleeding hearts....I'm sure that makes such a simple thought process as yours feel much better.

The difference is that as humans we have a choice. What choices we make define us individually. Not the mear fact that we can make choices, but what we actually do with those choices. The choice to take a beautiful lion, in captivity, out number it 5 to 1 with high powered rifles, and proceed to kill it for no other reason than to say you did, makes human scum out of the participants. That's the consequence of that choice.

I can tell you that in my perfect world, everyone involved in that "hunt" would have been tied to stakes, and fed feet first to wild pigs....though I'd have to apologize to the pigs for meal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:30:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Who else was rooting for the lion?
View Quote

ME!!!!

What would those guys have done if the lion actually got on top of that guy, cry for help.  The way they were shooting, I'd be better off fighting the lion w/ my hands. (dead either way, mauled by lion or shot by hunting buddy)

I have no issue at all hunting, so lets make that clear!

To me, hunting is for food (not simply a mount on the wall), I don't think these guys have/had any intention in eating that animal. Perhaps I am mistaken-

I don't see any reason (other then it being a proven man Killer) to shoot a healthy, fully grown lion.....Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Because I see absolutely nothing of value, skill, merit or anything right about a talentless jackass who can't shoot, pretends to be skilled, botches an EASY clean shot and proceeds to slaughter a beautiful animal for no reason other than to get his limp dick to rise one last time, that makes ME a bleeding heart? Please, get off your high horse.

Because it's legal to do, that makes it right? Do you actually have any sort of free thought to you, or are do you always just march to whatever feels good to YOU without any concern what so ever for a larger purpose than your own pathetic entertainment?

To corner a lion in a confined space, and prop a rifle up while surrounded by 4 others to back you up (since you can't shoot worth a shit) and proceed for all purposes, to execute a captive lion is sick.

Call it what you want, and from the saftey and comfort of your keyboard at home, promote yourself and some "real" man that will kill anything just because he can and feels like it, with no regard for anything that lives other than humans. Label people who disagree as bleeding hearts....I'm sure that makes such a simple thought process as yours feel much better.

The difference is that as humans we have a choice. What choices we make define us individually. Not the mear fact that we can make choices, but what we actually do with those choices. The choice to take a beautiful lion, in captivity, out number it 5 to 1 with high powered rifles, and proceed to kill it for no other reason than to say you did, makes human scum out of the participants. That's the consequence of that choice.

[red]I can tell you that in my perfect world, everyone involved in that "hunt" would have been tied to stakes, and fed feet first to wild pigs....though I'd have to apologize to the pigs for meal.[/red]
View Quote

Your a PETA infiltrator, aren't you.[:)] Come on admit it, it is ok.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#36]
If the yahoo's that cal this a hunt want to call names about the people who object......never mind I ain't stooping to your level.

When I see that video, I see a lion with nowhere to run. A lion that is used to being around people. A lion that was reportedly declawed.

There is a BIG difference between killing that lion, and hunting a true wild animal in nature. A deer may not be fierce, but they aviod humans. They understand the sound of gunfire is bad. They can flee if they detect danger. What that video showed was no more of a hunt than someone setting up a tree stand at a petting zoo, and throwing feed around.

The money that killing raised goes nowhere, except to the people who own the enclosure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
so many experts here! "his rifle is too small" what calibre was it mr. expert?.. "his scope is too big" what are the specs? "they didnt eat it" do you know that? i hunt cougar and i will tell you it is very fine meat.
 get out of your walt disney mind set and get your head out of your liberal assssk. you are spouting what your kinder garden teachers tought you!    so many experts!
View Quote

My pre-kindergarten teacher taught me that I should learn proper 'shot placement'. The "hunter" in this video did not place the shot correctly.  If he had placed his shot correctly, we would have never seen this video. The lion would never have gotten the chance to charge the hunting party.

I hate that the cat didn't take a head or 2 off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#38]
A Good Hunter respects and thanks the animal whose life he takes for food.

A Good Hunter does *not* take the shot, if it looks like it may not be a swift clean kill.

A Good Hunter hunts for food, or to protect his family or livestock, or to manage the population.

A Good Hunter knows the limits of both his weapon, and his skill level, and does not put an animal through needless torment because he has overestimated either one.

Good Hunters are what my family has always been, hunting for clean food, and respecting their prey.

Bad Hunters show no respect for their prey, but kill needlessly, wastefully, and with cruelty.

Bad Hunters will indeed shoot the Last One of a species, just to hang the stupid trophy in the rec room.

Bad Hunters have to pay to have a semi-tame animal caged and cornered, just so they can say they have killed one.

Bad Hunters are despicable, and have small dicks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I agree with you, Hannah.
But if a bad hunter is a woman, what does she have?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Lol, Crookshanks, whatever the equivalent would be...no ovaries?... no courage?... no chutzpah?

Dunno.

But Bad Hunters are disgusting, whatever the gender.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#41]
[shock] I think I need to change underwear now!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A Good Hunter respects and thanks the animal whose life he takes for food.

A Good Hunter does *not* take the shot, if it looks like it may not be a swift clean kill.

A Good Hunter hunts for food, or to protect his family or livestock, or to manage the population.

A Good Hunter knows the limits of both his weapon, and his skill level, and does not put an animal through needless torment because he has overestimated either one.

Good Hunters are what my family has always been, hunting for clean food, and respecting their prey.

Bad Hunters show no respect for their prey, but kill needlessly, wastefully, and with cruelty.

Bad Hunters will indeed shoot the Last One of a species, just to hang the stupid trophy in the rec room.

Bad Hunters have to pay to have a semi-tame animal caged and cornered, just so they can say they have killed one.

Bad Hunters are despicable, and have small dicks.
View Quote

[size=6][red][b]AMEN[/b][/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Which one of those guys was Siegfried, and which was Roy?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Big fuckin whoop! it's assholes like that that give hunters a bad name in the eyes of non-hunters, by Trophy hunting. They almost caused the extinction of the Whales, Elephants and Tigers, and for what? have the odds evened then come talk to me.
View Quote

[red][size=5]BULLSHIT[/red][/size=5]

Before you starting slinging names around, it helps if you know what the Hell you're talking about.

NO single animal has ever been sent over the brink of extinction due to [b]sport[/b] hunting.

[b]Commercial/market/subsistence[/b] hunting is the type of hunting that has sent countless of species over the brink or extinction.  The lucrative profits in ivory, pelts and horns are the reason many game populations are down due to ILLEGAL POACHING these days and unregulated hunting in the olden days.  

Rich dentists who pay the fees and follow the guidelines set down by sound game management practices have ZILCH to do with the plight of endangered animals. The money spent by sport hunters to hang trophies on their office walls has done more to increase the chances of these species being around in the future than all the animal-rights activists', politically correct whining.  

In fact, the number one reason why animals go extinct has nothing to do with hunting of any sort; it's habitat destruction.

So if you want to whine about some dude putting heads on the wall, go for it--it's a free country, but don't go on spouting drivel about this practice causing extinctions.  Or near-extinctions.  Or whatever the hell you're talking about.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Before you starting slinging names around, it helps if you know what the Hell you're talking about.

NO single animal has ever been sent over the brink of extinction due to [b]sport[/b] hunting.

[b]Commercial/market/subsistence[/b] hunting is the type of hunting that has sent countless of species over the brink or extinction.  The lucrative profits in ivory, pelts and horns are the reason many game populations are down due to ILLEGAL POACHING these days and unregulated hunting in the olden days.  

Rich dentists who pay the fees and follow the guidelines set down by sound game management practices have ZILCH to do with the plight of endangered animals. The money spent by sport hunters to hang trophies on their office walls has done more to increase the chances of these species being around in the future than all the animal-rights activists', politically correct whining.  

In fact, the number one reason why animals go extinct has nothing to do with hunting of any sort; it's habitat destruction.

So if you want to whine about some dude putting heads on the wall, go for it--it's a free country, but don't go on spouting drivel about this practice causing extinctions.  Or near-extinctions.  Or whatever the hell you're talking about.

View Quote

I agree with you, this guy didn't really contribute to making lions more endangered. However, he didn't help it. Furthermore, killing a fenced in animal just so he could stuff its head and mount it on his wall, is, in MY opinion, despicable. Especially given the fact that this is a lion, an endangered animal. Not to mention the clusterfuck that ensued when this "hunter" tried to kill the beast.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#46]
[rant]Way too many whiney-assed cry babies here that don't know what the f..k they're talking about.
At least get your facts straight before you start spouting off on shit you have not a clue about. Half these posts could of been taken right off the DUh website.[/rantoff]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Trophy Hunt
Wrong Ammo
Painful for the Lion
"GUTLESS HUNTERS"
no more comments.....

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#48]
WOW! That was a cool camera man. If the hunter suffered lacerations from the cat he needs immediate care to in the form of antibiotics to keep him from dying from septicemia. Cat claws are highly infectious due to rotting meat in them. That cat should have been hit repeatedly after the 1st shot. Not 20 seconds later.[rolleyes]
Where did you find this vid? could you please post a link to the sight?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#49]
NO single animal has ever been sent over the brink of extinction due to sport hunting.

Commercial/market/subsistence hunting is the type of hunting that has sent countless of species over the brink or extinction. The lucrative profits in ivory, pelts and horns are the reason many game populations are down due to ILLEGAL POACHING these days and unregulated hunting in the olden days.
View Quote

You obviously don't understand what i'm getting at. allright lemme try to explain- I need wood for my stove. I go out and look for old dried up trees to chop down or I thin a cluster of trees so that the others will go stronger. And when the area around my house gets thinned out I go deeper into the woods to get my wood FROM SUITABLE TREES. I don't go walking deep into the woods and find the oldest most beautiful biggest tree in the forest then proceed to knock it down cause I want to feel like a real lumberjack! Even if I want to use it's wood for furniture! there are other trees just as suitable to use. If I knock down that old tree without any reguard for the forest I'm just a selfish asshole. as too the lion again I say that if the lion was as timid as a squrill they would'nt have even bothered. They just think it'll impress their friends to say they shot a lion. Never mind it was toothless and old and had no real fear of humans and never really posed any threat.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Bah!

Assuming he didn't kill one of the last few lions, it's just another animal, mighty and gorgeous as it may be.

If I could hunt anything of my own choosing it would be child rapists/molesters/abusers.

I would machine-gun them by the hundreds and bathe in their blood.  The Ma-Deuce would feed to her heart's content.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top