Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHAT CAN YOU DO, REALLY ?
If the ring is real then the deal is sealed as far as they are concerned. Sorry but its out of your hands.
If you did a good job for the first 17 years she should be ok. She will heal from her broken heart if it happens and when he goes to college it most likely will.
He seems like a lucky boy,  a 17 old cheerleader and a 16.00 an hour job at 19 yo he is a happy camper.

Get her on the pill and just try to be there if things turn to shit.

Good luck

this is what I know to be the truth. It really is out of my hands. I did the best I could, was always open and honest with them. And now you have made me cry again. Like I said before, it is just real hard to watch them grow up and become young ladies.

Window... Tall building... Problem solved.

This really is not the answer.  Whether you like it or not, your child will grow up and she will have sex (most likely).
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The second thing I can never remember is if the cost 1600 each or 1600 for both.  I think I just blocked out the bad memory of paying the money.

Now that's more like it.  

If the tall building thing doesn't work remember this: NaOH (sodium hydroxide; Drano) will dissolve organic material at an alarming rate.  Don't buy all the Drano at one store, though.  

Sorry that I can't offer any truly comforting words other than this:  my behavior in my late teens and early 20s was very disturbing (very), but I always managed to stay out of real trouble and ended up fine.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Norplant NOW

it will buy you 5 years of less worry

leykis 101 rules of dating -- DONT HAVE A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP/ MARRIAGE/ KIDS UNTIL YOU ARE OVER 25yo
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the ring is real then the deal is sealed as far as they are concerned. Sorry but its out of your hands.
If you did a good job for the first 17 years she should be ok. She will heal from her broken heart if it happens and when he goes to college it most likely will.
He seems like a lucky boy,  a 17 old cheerleader and a 16.00 an hour job at 19 yo he is a happy camper.

Good luck

this is what I know to be the truth. It really is out of my hands. I did the best I could, was always open and honest with them. And now you have made me cry again. Like I said before, it is just real hard to watch them grow up and become young ladies.

This really is not the answer.  Whether you like it or not, your child will grow up and she will have sex (most likely).

When little Ms. Wedge gets old enough to date it will be raining men downtown.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck!  My stepmother is dealing with this situation; my stepsister is 15 and unfortunately gorgeous and very naive when it comes to guys.  There was a 20 year old guy hanging around her and my stepmother asked me to talk with her, so I sat her down and talked to her about some of this stuff.  Luckily for her, she has an older brother who keeps a VERY close eye on her, but the mom has had trouble finding the balancing line between letting her live her own life and trying to keep things in perspective as well.

I would say that the ring is pretty suspicious of things to come; it might be time to start thinking about talking to her about birth control but, more importantly, talking about the big life she has ahead of her and all of the great things in life that she might miss out on if she lets herself get tied down too early.  Good luck, I was a pretty wild child in some respects but I always listened to my mom when she made it clear that it was important.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck

Sorry about the crying thing. Not my intent at all
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would say that the ring is pretty suspicious of things to come; it might be time to start thinking about talking to her about birth control but, more importantly, talking about the big life she has ahead of her and all of the great things in life that she might miss out on if she lets herself get tied down too early.  Good luck, I was a pretty wild child in some respects but I always listened to my mom when she made it clear that it was important.

In this situation I would say that birth control should have been started a while ago.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sorry about the crying thing. Not my intent at all

I know that wasn't your intent.. no worries.. It's just the whole situation.  I honestly don't need someone to say anything and I cry about it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the ring is a bit much myself, and can understand your concern. This is the time in your daughter's life where she can be a little selfish (put her dreams, plans, education, first). As a mother I can honestly say that I wouldn't be thrilled about a boyfriend horning in on her future wheh she is still in the planning stages. But, she sounds normal for her age. Although it would be best if she kept it casual with her boyfriend, she like most other teens have all kinds of ideas about love, and a real future together. I was like that once, and married my high school boyfriend. We have been happily married for six years now. I am attending college and he is an engineer. We were some of the lucky ones. It was not easy though. Not that any marriage is always flowers and candy, but we went through it all together instead of learning first and then meeting. We lived poor ( and I mean poor as in no money for food or utilities), we had our daughter very young, we went through military life together, and lived far from all of our family and friends, lastly we had to be apart alot due to the military. Chances are she is going to do what she wants because she has been with him for so long, but make it very clear to her that if she is going to get seriously involved with someone when she will already be working hard to forge into adulthood, she will only end up working twice as hard. But, don't be too worried. Although it wasn't easy, my hub and I are in a good relationship, and have been able to be of great comfort and support to eachother during tough times. It is possible to meet "the one," at an early age. Be glad that she has the good sense to be seriously with one boyfriend and not running around with many boyfriends. Good luck and just try to keep your opinions and hopes for her known to her. I know it sucks feeling like a nag, but as a mom we have a God given right to nag every now and then.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"It's rainin' men, halleluiah! It's rainin' men!"

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"It's rainin' men, halleluiah! It's rainin' men!"

www.kabi.si/si21/kino/birdcag.jpg

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Birth Control now!  Don't say anything about you thinking she is having sex.  Tell her the other points of being on the pill.  If she has acne they have pills that clear it up along with being birth control.  Trust me The pill works better than anything that the dermatoligist could ever give you.

Then there is the fact that the pill shortens and lessens the pain of menstration.  If that isn't reason enough.  Now they have pills that you can take that will only give you  4 periods a year.  That is only 4 times a year she has to worry about bleeding through her clothes.  I was so paranoid about that growing up.  Plus she can plan things around her period and not have to worry that it might be that time of the month.  I wish I was on birth control since when I first started my period.

Start a conversation about how you just saw a comercial for the pills that give you a period only 4 times a year and talk about all the things pills do besides birth control.  Don't even bring it up.  Offer to take her to the gyno for some of these pills.

I never told my mom I was sexually active.  I waited till I moved out and had my own insurance.  If she asked I would have denined it.  And of course why would I need birth control I told my mom I wasn't having sex.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top