Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree that the 1st season contestants looked better, but they were also in probably one of the worst climates as well.  
View Quote

I believe they are in the same part/area of Vancouver Island.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That smoke jumper is going to go nuts just being in a place without screaming kids.  

And who are you'all talking about the transgender person?  The heavyset Air Force lady?  She seems clearly female to me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That smoke jumper is going to go nuts just being in a place without screaming kids.  

And who are you'all talking about the transgender person?  The heavyset Air Force lady?  She seems clearly female to me.
View Quote

Even her husky voice?

The guy that chose the Gortex sleeping bag cover I think was smart in that environment. Being dry and warm in a climate like that could be a good mental edge.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If Justin is a US military sniper, I'm fucking Martha Stewart.
View Quote

I should really watch my phrasing, after having had a few drinks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not as up on my alternative lifestyle titles as I should be, maybe.

A lesbian, I guess. We'll see how she does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would NEVER fuck Martha Stewart
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if there really is no supervision of the contestants can I just sneak over to the cute ones spot after scouting out the area and share her shelter?  

Wonder what they would say when they saw the footage of you stalking all the other positions.   -evil grin-
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tracy is not a lez, "she" is a HE for sure.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually the guys trying to be girls try to be very feminine girls. Never seen a shemale who went for the bull dyke style.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I just looked at their load outs.  I had Jose, Larry, and Randy as my last 3 standing.  I had good feelings about Jose, but after looking at his load out, he took a canvas-cotton sleeping bag.  He says he can dry it out no worries near a fire.  I don't know about this, boom or bust on that pick.  Randy did not pack any emergency rations.  That may be a good move on his part if he gets lucky with a place that offers any type of food.  I think those 3 guys might have the ability to handle the alone.  I think the rest are gonna be consumed quickly.  

I think desmond is a wild card.  Might go home the first day, might last a long time.  Hard to read him.  

*I got Mary Kate as my longest lasting female.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just looked at their load outs.  I had Jose, Larry, and Randy as my last 3 standing.  I had good feelings about Jose, but after looking at his load out, he took a canvas-cotton sleeping bag.  He says he can dry it out no worries near a fire.  I don't know about this, boom or bust on that pick.  Randy did not pack any emergency rations.  That may be a good move on his part if he gets lucky with a place that offers any type of food.  I think those 3 guys might have the ability to handle the alone.  I think the rest are gonna be consumed quickly.  

I think desmond is a wild card.  Might go home the first day, might last a long time.  Hard to read him.  

View Quote

The cotton bag had me going too. But, the more I thought about it, a waxed cotton canvas outer with a wool flannel inner might make sense. Everything is GOING to get wet. And it's GOING to be humid as, well....a rain forest. So the ability to dry stuff over a fire would make sense.

Those down bags will be next to useless when they get damp.

But, yeah, some of the load outs and experience sets have be very skeptical about the skill level and experience of most of this group. I'm hoping I'm wrong and surprised.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The cotton bag had me going too. But, the more I thought about it, a waxed cotton canvas outer with a wool flannel inner might make sense. Everything is GOING to get wet. And it's GOING to be humid as, well....a rain forest. So the ability to dry stuff over a fire would make sense.

But, yeah, some of the load outs and experience sets have be very skeptical about the skill level and experience of most of this group. I'm hoping I'm wrong and surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only person with a tarp, that I saw, is Mary Kate??

*everything else being equal(the luck of the draw on fruitful spots) I wonder if this could push her across?  But she is a slight female, firefighter or not, I wonder if she will have the physical strength to do what it takes in the long haul.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

*everything else being equal(the luck of the draw on fruitful spots) I wonder if this could push her across?  But she is a slight female, firefighter or not, I wonder if she will have the physical strength to do what it takes in the long haul.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that everyone gets a tarp. I think that's way so many didn't choose one as part of their "10". I remember yurt/canoe dude last time chose 2 tarps but he had three, and the others had two. So, that would explain that, if everyone got one. Would also explain why few chose one.

Still, I think two tarps would be mighty handy.

Many of the choices make little sense, to me. I know everyone has their own style, but there are some universals.

Why, oh why would you choose a dinky folding or bow saw if you have the ability to choose a real x cut saw like Randy did?

Why chose a 2 qt dome lid cast iron pot with basting knobs under the lid so it can't be used as a fry pan? When you could have a traditional dutch oven. Or a larger pan. One person has a 5 qt vessel of some sort. It's possible that if you chose a larger one you get no lid. Not sure.

A multi tool is a horrible choice.

A splitting axe? really? I wonder how much she has swung that thing. I don't remember if or what kind of saw she chose but, sawing enough to actually need to split will be impressive to watch.

As far as the girl you mention: My take is that females are generally more efficient machines. Large muscles in males burn calories....a lot of calories. And there's not that much in bushcraft that takes much strength. Not if you work smart. Look at the very slightly built indigenous peoples all over the world. Also, women have a larger fat reserve, usually.

The problem with the girls, I think, is that females are much more a social animal, in general. It'll be interesting to see how the gals weather the loneliness.

Alan touched on that aspect as well as dealing with himself more than anyone else. I think he really had a handle on that part of the deal. Even though goofy, making up characters to interact with as if you're a kid playing, helps get you out of your own head.

I'd have me a Wilson to discuss things with before the first week was done. I always like a second opinion.

ETA: Randy is my pick based on what I know, now.  The caveat on that is that he must be allowed to take game. If not, the bow was a stupid choice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]
My favorite show on TV.  I've been looking forward to this season.  My guess is it took so long because someone wouldn't quit.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Given the weather last fall/winter, way more rain and REAL strong wind than usual, I don't see anyone lasting as long as last season. Should be good to watch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]
It's back on that nasty ass Vancouver Island with some of the worst weather on the planet....and during winter again.  Ugggh.  

But there has already been some experience doing this.  Hope someone was paying attention.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's back on that nasty ass Vancouver Island with some of the worst weather on the planet....and during winter again.  Ugggh.  

But there has already been some experience doing this.  Hope someone was paying attention.
View Quote

Well, if they did it on a tropical island with fresh water and fruit and fish you could swim out and catch, they'd be their indefinitely.

I'd bet the viewership would suffer if it were in some desert environment. I hate dry and sand. Even watching it, sucks. All the Surivorman, Bear Grills, Dual Survival shows set in the desert, I don't care for at all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that everyone gets a tarp. I think that's way so many didn't choose one as part of their "10". I remember yurt/canoe dude last time chose 2 tarps but he had three, and the others had two. So, that would explain that, if everyone got one. Would also explain why few chose one.

Many of the choices make little sense, to me. I know everyone has their own style, but there are some universals.

Why, oh why would you choose a dinky folding or bow saw if you have the ability to choose a real x cut saw like Randy did?

Why chose a 2 qt dome lid cast iron pot with basting knobs under the lid so it can't be used as a fry pan? When you could have a traditional dutch oven. Or a larger pan. One person has a 5 qt vessel of some sort. It's possible that if you chose a larger one you get no lid. Not sure.

A splitting axe? really? I wonder how much she has swung that thing. I don't remember if or what kind of saw she chose but, sawing enough to actually need to split will be impressive to watch.

As far as the girl you mention: My take is that females are generally more efficient machines. Large muscles in males burn calories....a lot of calories. And there's not that much in bushcraft that takes much strength. Not if you work smart. Look at the very slightly built indigenous peoples all over the world. Also, women have a larger fat reserve, usually.

The problem with the girls, I think, is that females are much more a social animal, in general. It'll be interesting to see how the gals weather the loneliness.

Alan touched on that aspect as well as dealing with himself more than anyone else. I think he really had a handle on that part of the deal. Even though goofy, making up characters to interact with as if you're a kid playing, helps get you out of your own head.

I'd have me a Wilson to discuss things with before the first week was done. I always like a second opinion.

ETA: Randy is my pick based on what I know, now.  The caveat on that is that he must be allowed to take game. If not, the bow was a stupid choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  It will take me one or two episodes to make a final pick.  Some of the people just got screwed last year in their placement.  Or the story they told on camera made it appear that way. I can see where everybody might actually be equal, but some just don't have the skills to develop their own little paradise.  I felt like last season did not follow that story close enough, as I felt like at least two of them really got screwed on resources, but again that is subjective.  

My main top 3 are Jose, Randy, Larry.  I will probably end up picking my favorite to win out of those three.  I agree with the new respect after I saw Randy had the bow.  We will see, but he could potentially rig up some bow fishing with that also?   We will see, this is my favorite show on TV.  I hope it lasts as long as American Idolater did.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well, if they did it on a tropical island with fresh water and fruit and fish you could swim out and catch, they'd be their indefinitely.

I'd bet the viewership would suffer if it were in some desert environment. I hate dry and sand. Even watching it, sucks. All the Surivorman, Bear Grills, Dual Survival shows set in the desert, I don't care for at all.
View Quote
TOTALLY AGREE.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vancouver Island has awesome weather, 87% of the nice weather is in the Summer & early Fall.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I think Mike from MCQ bushcraft would do well. If you haven't seen his youtube channel it is worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MCQBushcraft

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Just read bio's.  This could really be fun...

First one out will be Tracy or Desmond.

Wonder what MacIntyre's screen name is?  He won't last long either.

Jose is either a bona fide bad ass.....or an idiot.

Larry is average Joe who will have "family issues".

Randy and his AZ/UT survival skills will not translate well in that nasty dark wet place.

The remaining two women, Mike, and Justin are where I'm putting my bets for winner. *

ETA: Just re read Justin's list.  Nope.  Goner.  Down bag on Vancouver Island?   A "multi-tool? Rookie mistakes.  

*I'm a lousy judge of character.  Do not believe or follow any advice given.  BTccw's thoughts to not represent those of Arfcom, it's sponsors, rich good looking millionaire members with trophy wives and exotic sports cars, or advertisers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Vancouver Island has awesome weather, 87% of the nice weather is in the Summer & early Fall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lived in the NW for about a dozen years.  NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.......
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait to see how the girls do.
Everybody talked a good game last season.
That is till the sun went down.

Yeah Alan was the man from the start.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Randy and his AZ/UT survival skills will not translate well in that nasty dark wet place.

The remaining two women, Mike, and Justin are where I'm putting my bets for winner. *

ETA: Just re read Justin's list.  Nope.  Goner.  Down bag on Vancouver Island?   A "multi-tool? Rookie mistakes.  

*I'm a lousy judge of character.  Do not believe or follow any advice given.  BTccw's thoughts to not represent those of Arfcom, it's sponsors, rich good looking millionaire members with trophy wives and exotic sports cars, or advertisers.
View Quote

Says Randy got his chops bow hunting northern MI.

Again, we don't know how much shit each one of those bios have in them. Many details in those, there's no way to verify.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Again, we don't know how much shit each one of those bios have in them. Many details in those, there's no way to verify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think what happens in life though is (given the chance and freedom to do so) you "gravitate" towards the areas of the country where you are most comfortable.  I've lived in both the NW AND Utah/AZ.  Of the two I would much prefer the desert/high mountains and dryer climate to play "survivorman" in.

I know you don't like the deserts OP.....but that is where I would live given choices.....just because it's easier.  This is going to sound really dumb.....but the light is different in the desert.  There is lots of it and some of us need that light to function.  Dark nasty wet cold days and long darker colder nastier nights in those northern latitudes......

Thanks for the thread.  Subscribed  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised they picked the same spot to film this season.  I thought for sure they'd do another environment.  I guess they had to find a place that had just enough food to keep you alive to film an entire season, but not in a place that you could survive indefinitely.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can't wait to see how the girls do.
Everybody talked a good game last season.
That is till the sun went down.

Yeah Alan was the man from the start.
View Quote

Not one of them I've seen from that casting episode has a sense of humor.  Alan had that in spades and automatically set him apart from the others.

David's waaaaay too serious.  

Mike is actually someone I could see lasting a while, only by sheer insanity.  He's got that starry-eyed look about him I've seen in people where nothing affects them.

The girls look like they might do well, but are way too skinny.  (except for Tracy)  I don't see them lasting more than 3wks.  

I see Larry making it for a while longer, but by no means lasting the entire time.  

Justin may be the first or second to go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think what happens in life though is (given the chance and freedom to do so) you "gravitate" towards the areas of the country where you are most comfortable.  I've lived in both the NW AND Utah/AZ.  Of the two I would much prefer the desert/high mountains and dryer climate to play "survivorman" in.

I know you don't like the deserts OP.....but that is where I would live given choices.....just because it's easier.  This is going to sound really dumb.....but the light is different in the desert.  There is lots of it and some of us need that light to function.  Dark nasty wet cold days and long darker colder nastier nights in those northern latitudes......

Thanks for the thread.  Subscribed  
View Quote

Van Gough used to say the same thing.  That's why he painted in the areas of France he did, because he said the light was different there than where he was originally from.  Doesn't sound dumb at all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll be watching. I loved it last season.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm surprised they picked the same spot to film this season.  I thought for sure they'd do another environment.  I guess they had to find a place that had just enough food to keep you alive to film an entire season, but not in a place that you could survive indefinitely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That and I'll bet getting permits and what all to do something like that is a hassle. So, if they were already in place in BC,  that would make sense.

But, yeah. I'd like to see one in a deciduous hardwood forest or down in the swamps. And, during hunting season. Not sure if there'd be a way to get permission for non standard trapping.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I think they do the casting very intentionally.

They really only want 1 or 2 folks which can actually make it.

Not trying to sound pompous (and I'm sure I'm not "alone" here lol) but I grew up in very rural PNW and I'm convinced I have several friends who could go on that show and compete with Alan no problem.

They pick these hippies who have youtube channels and women just because. . . . hell growing up I had many friends who had to take dirt bikes several miles to the bus stop for school, never had power in their homes, and who lived in the same homes their grandparents built when homesteading here.

They cast these people because they know they'll do stupid shit IMHO.

Either that or most folks just don't understand how to cope out here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I could go as long as Alan did if I could find a food and water source. I think his resourcefulness in food is really what won him the competition or else the guy in second would have continued on (he was good too).

I disagree when people say that the hardest part is the being alone. For me personally that has never been a problem. I'm not nearly as skilled as some are at finding food in the wild and ultimately that would be my downfall. I've spent days alone in the woods and besides the brutal cold, being hungry does eventually take over. The cold takes so much of your motivation and moral away but it always gets better the next day as long as you have a fire source, food and water.

I think he also got lucky in that he never got sick. Staying healthy is huge. It's always part skill part luck when you are eating and drinking off the land that you don't get sick.

I'm not saying I could do better than anyone on that show, but I would love to give it a try.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I just started watching the show (turned my cable back on after having it off 1 year)...actually tuned in to see the last 1/2 of the last episode of season 1. Are they allowed to kill a bear? That seems like the way to go; setting a trap, etc. Then when they show up you're wearing a bearskin and eating bear jerky.  

I was surprised that the guy who won, won in so few days (56 if I remember). He does seem like a stand-up guy. Good for him. I saw the next show where the contestants for season 2 were shown. I was surprised that some of them went into this "lean and mean." I'd make it a point to be in shape BUT put on an additional 20-25 pounds of fat before going in.

I too was surprised to see people pick an axe...and a saw.  Show looks to be interesting so I'll be watching this season.

View Quote

The size of a few of them is what is intriguing to me as well...some of them are pretty thin. The two finalists last time had a couple things in common. Disposition and size.

Dude that dropped the ferro rod and said "fuck it!" was hilarious to me...dude...you have fire already...suck it up.

They have full hunting and fishing rights...not sure if bear is included in that. Would assume so.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I guess this is to fill in while Vikings takes a mid-season break.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm going to apply for the next one.

They will have to drag me out of the woods.

But I live off grid in a small cabin already so it really isn't a huge change for me.

Not having Arfcom for up to a year might break me though:
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

"That is another thing I have thought about while being out here. We use too many health and beauty products. Know what I have used the whole time I have been out here? Sand and water... and it has been sufficient"

Allen just said that.
View Quote

Found the hygiene products on the list of 50 to be funny. Who the fuck is going to take a bar of soap? Or a razor with one blade? A comb? The fuck...

Chew some damn pine needles...rinse off with some saltwater...good to go. Just keep the crotch, ass, and pits clean...

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Found the hygiene products on the list of 50 to be funny. Who the fuck is going to take a bar of soap? Or a razor with one blade? A comb? The fuck...

Chew some damn pine needles...rinse off with some saltwater...good to go. Just keep the crotch, ass, and pits clean...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"That is another thing I have thought about while being out here. We use too many health and beauty products. Know what I have used the whole time I have been out here? Sand and water... and it has been sufficient"

Allen just said that.

Soap may not make the top 10 but it's not just a luxury. Keeping clean is important for health and morale.

There are wilderness alternatives if you know about those in the area.

A festering wound can start out small and turn into a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I'm going to apply for the next one.

They will have to drag me out of the woods.

But I live off grid in a small cabin already so it really isn't a huge change for me.

Not having Arfcom for up to a year might break me though:
View Quote
You got arfcom.  No doubt in my mind you are more off the grid than I am, if you are chatting arfcom up you aren't nearly as off the grid as you might think.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks OP.  Great series, never heard of it before. Watching season 1 now.  Cracking up when Alan was doing a Julia Childs impression cooking the snails !
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thanks OP.  Great series, never heard of it before. Watching season 1 now.  Cracking up when Alan was doing a Julia Childs impression cooking the snails !
View Quote

Wait til he starts making his sharpening stones ( each has a name) talk to each other, you cheese eater.

I don't think he explains why there is a pair of them.  

I wonder how many, here, know why?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think Mike from MCQ bushcraft would do well. If you haven't seen his youtube channel it is worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MCQBushcraft

View Quote
My wife and I have discussed this.  I think he would be awesome.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not trying to sound pompous (and I'm sure I'm not "alone" here lol) but I grew up in very rural PNW and I'm convinced I have several friends who could go on that show and compete with Alan no problem.

They pick these hippies who have youtube channels and women just because. . . . hell growing up I had many friends who had to take dirt bikes several miles to the bus stop for school, never had power in their homes, and who lived in the same homes their grandparents built when homesteading here.

View Quote

I'm sure they want "entertaining" people who will make for good tv. Somebody like you describe might not be what "city folk" find interesting.

I'm excited for this season, this is one show my husband and I both really enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just started watching the show (turned my cable back on after having it off 1 year)...actually tuned in to see the last 1/2 of the last episode of season 1. Are they allowed to kill a bear? That seems like the way to go; setting a trap, etc. Then when they show up you're wearing a bearskin and eating bear jerky.

I was surprised that the guy who won, won in so few days (56 if I remember). He does seem like a stand-up guy. Good for him. I saw the next show where the contestants for season 2 were shown. I was surprised that some of them went into this "lean and mean." I'd make it a point to be in shape BUT put on an additional 20-25 pounds of fat before going in.

I too was surprised to see people pick an axe...and a saw.  Show looks to be interesting so I'll be watching this season.
View Quote

I do not believe they are allowed to kill a bear.  Vancouver Island is prime Black Bear hunting territory, so any hunting is heavily controlled.  They would need to be in season, have the valid permits (which aren't cheap) and I believe be ready to pay a substantial trophy fee if they actually killed a beer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm sure they want "entertaining" people who will make for good tv. Somebody like you describe might not be what "city folk" find interesting.

I'm excited for this season, this is one show my husband and I both really enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my favorite shows on TV as well! Look forward to this season although I'm not spotting the "Alan" quite yet
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#46]
After seeing the swag list, their choices make much more sense.

No wonder nobody picked a tarp
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I do not believe they are allowed to kill a bear.  Vancouver Island is prime Black Bear hunting territory, so any hunting is heavily controlled.  They would need to be in season, have the valid permits (which aren't cheap) and I believe be ready to pay a substantial trophy fee if they actually killed a beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Are they allowed to kill a bear? That seems like the way to go; setting a trap, etc. Then when they show up you're wearing a bearskin and eating bear jerky.

Alan stated "the participants must abide by all local hunting and fishing laws while they live on Vancouver Island."

But then the British Columbia wildlife manager said they had been given resident permits to hunt and fish and that "where you're going it's fairly simple.  There's not a lot of diversity. Maybe deer.  There's black bears, there's wolves. There's cougars."  

Sounds like a green-light to me.    

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy is from southern Michigan which is plenty of forest, green, plenty of rain, snow, and cold to learn a lot from. Plenty of deer to hunt with a bow too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
I noticed that they have tarps provided. Did they do that last season?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe so.

They give them quite a bit of stuff. I'm surprised. Even some food and water.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top