Quoted:

Damn....
I just got called out by a '14'er
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long before the conspiracy theories are formulated?

So OP what's your take?

Illuminati took him out because he was gonna reveal their initiation secrets?
Was Skull and Bones mad he talked about that one time at Bohemian Grove?
Perhaps the Reptilians caught him snooping in the basement of Denver International?

Wait - I got it - he was about to expose the TLC, BBG and NWO unified plot to install Agenda 21 in every community?

Damn....
I just got called out by a '14'er

Just breakin' your balls a lil.

BBG = BilderBerg Group
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, because it's totally fucked up that the news would take great concern in the death of a man who entertained multiple generations. I grew up with the dude, like most of us. I was sad as shit. It's okay to take a break for a day or two.
View Quote

Well that's You
Me personally. ..I was a lot more upset about the actual, untimely passing of John Noveske
I'm out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I like when guys that were too stupid to get a bigger boat and joined in 2013 and don't list a State as residence talk shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or, OP, some people do care. The media reports what they think will make people watch. People want to watch this.
Exactly.  I also love it when people take the effort to post just how much they don't care about something/someone.  

I like when guys that were too stupid to get a bigger boat and joined in 2013 and don't list a State as residence talk shit
Your OP was a truly mind blowing concept that surely isn't conveyed almost daily through the "who" posts in every celebrity death threads.  You should probably write a book.  I will ponder on this for years.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I'm going through a cynical phase because I kind of agree with the OP.

I guess I just don't understand why "acting" is so goddamn worthy of the worship it gets. There is a downs syndrome theater group. I saw a show about them, they were very good actors.

My job can't be preformed by someone with downs syndrome.

Why is it that if someone is an actor (or a musician) all of a sudden people treat them like they know more than people that know stuff?

I know depression is a horrible thing, a lot of people suffer from it. Why is it so much more tragic when an actor has it?

I can think of a lot of people suffering right now, I can't really get worked up over Robin Williams.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
how about FUCK OP, he was a real person to some of us and was a wonderful family friend of mine. my grandma is actually in tears right now and has been reminiscing all day about what a wonderful but quite person he was. maybe one day you'll lose someone close to you and know what it feels like
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Who?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What does this have to do with will hayden screwing kids?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you saying he didn't commit suicide???
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
April-ish.

Like it always does.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I guess I just don't understand why "acting" is so goddamn worthy of the worship it gets. There is a downs syndrome theater group. I saw a show about them, they were very good actors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

People like acting, what can I say?  And they feel empathetic when they see someone with a disability acting.

Why is it that if someone is an actor (or a musician) all of a sudden people treat them like they know more than people that know stuff?

I don't treat actors like they know more than people that "know stuff,." I respect the professors I had in college because they knew their subjects.  I had a college math teacher that taught math better than any other prof I had.  

On that token, I respect musicians for the work that they do.  No more, no less.  Take Peter Frampton for example, I've seen his live shows, and the man can perform, but he's not any better or less than a college professor, or whatever job you do.

I know depression is a horrible thing, a lot of people suffer from it. Why is it so much more tragic when an actor has it?

It puts a face to it and puts depression in the spotlight.  I have a friend that's battling with depression but if I told you her name, not many people on this forum or in general would really notice, it wouldn't stick in their mind like Robin Williams did.

The reason people are upset really is that this came out of nowhere. No one saw this coming.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I hear he is getting better
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good point.

We need to focus on freaking out over Ebola.

EEEEEEBOOOOOLAALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

View Quote

No, sorry DK, what we need is to freak out about how 'ISIS is undefeatable!', even though they crumble in the face of serious resistance.

ISIS WILL CONQUER ALL LANDS!!!!!! TEH HORRORS!!!!

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is
Who fucking cares?
I don't
It does prove that celebrity is more important than knowledge and actual worthy of sadness
We are (overall) sitting ducks...
View Quote

Thought provoking.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well that's You
Me personally. ..I was a lot more upset about the actual, untimely passing of John Noveske
I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, because it's totally fucked up that the news would take great concern in the death of a man who entertained multiple generations. I grew up with the dude, like most of us. I was sad as shit. It's okay to take a break for a day or two.

Well that's You
I'm out.

We're not allowed to be sad about both?

Williams had more sentimental value to me. Though Noveske had many years ahead of him.

Both are sad.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Welcome to always?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or, OP, some people do care. The media reports what they think will make people watch. People want to watch this.

I think that's the point OP it trying to make. People would rather hear about celebrities than what is actually happening in the world. A distraction.

Welcome to always?

Yup if it isn't this than it's something else.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Certainly takes our minds off of
Illegals
ISIS
Ebola...
All of which are crossing thru our southern border
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The Illuminati killed him!
View Quote
Space Jews....yeah

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A lot of us can pay attention to more than one thing at a time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's the point OP it trying to make. People would rather hear about celebrities than what is actually happening in the world. A distraction.

A lot of us can pay attention to more than one thing at a time.

And a lot can't.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree OP.
How many of you got choked up about the recent death of Harold Greene? How many of you even know who that is?
But hey, let's saturate the airways with the news of an entertainer's death, like he was the greatest person ever.
View Quote

Exactly.  I for one was more shocked and saddened by MG Greene's death than Robin Williams killing himself.

Not that it isn't worth a mention, but this wall-to-wall coverage is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]
You think Fox News has integrity??? That's laughable.

My fondest memories from my youth was watching Good Morning Vietnam with my father.

I care. Rather watch his various memorials than more crap on isis or illegals.

Quoted:
Sure, Fox should report it
IMO, not Hannity or O'really, or even Kelly, maybe Greta
The other networks sure, I don't expect much from them as far as integrity goes, but they don't make much of a point of having any.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Are you mad they aren't monitoring the Kardashians during this time?  Prior to this I can't really think of any pressing issues being talked about in the mainstream media anyways.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They might just report stupid shit like this to distract, and its pretty easy
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They might just report stupid shit like this to distract, and its pretty easy

Been going on since the beginning of civilization.  Bread and Circuses baby!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is
Who fucking cares?
I don't
It does prove that celebrity is more important than knowledge and actual worthy of sadness
View Quote

I would bet a lot more people care about him than care about you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
zero has paid a hell of a lot more lip service to Williams than he ever has to our Marine in a Mexican jail.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well that's You

I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's You

I'm out.
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]
RW did USO show's and made troops laugh in country.  On top of making great movies, and being a good person.

Don't like him?  Fair enough.

Don't think he rates being memorialized?   He's had a larger impact for a longer time on people that anything going on in the news.  Deal with it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Because it's all so fucking hilarious.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:07:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:30:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Robin who?

It is sad whenever someone ttakes their own life and leaves family behind, but I could honestly care less and am tired of the RW stuff showing up on my FB feedback...

I don't even think the guy was all that funny, and always thought that his "over the top, never turned off" act indicated some serious mental health issues...

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nah, advertising revenue via the amount of people who tune in couldn't possibly drive what is broadcast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, advertising revenue via the amount of people who tune in couldn't possibly drive what is broadcast.

There is no conspiracy.  The problem is the general public cares more about this trash than they do anything else.  Meanwhile Yezidi children starve to death on a mountain, terrorists are raping and killing men, women, and children, Putin pushes on, and the public worries about some poor actor killing himself because his life was to tough he couldn't take it.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There is no conspiracy.  The problem is the general public cares more about this trash than they do anything else.  Meanwhile Yezidi children starve to death on a mountain, terrorists are raping and killing men, women, and children, Putin pushes on, and the public worries about some poor actor killing himself because his life was to tough he couldn't take it.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read an article on him yesterday that said he had recently spent time in a rehab/rest facility after "working for 18 months straight".

ummmm...I've been working for 18 years straight.  

I really have very, very little sympathy for anyone in Hollywood and fail to understand why so many Americans are enamored with these people.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#34]
FTPNI.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is
Who fucking cares?
I don't
View Quote

You know, OP, if I don't like the food in a particular restaurant, I don't eat there.  I also don't have shit fits on the internet about the people who do choose to eat there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:58:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I can think of a lot of people suffering right now, I can't really get worked up over Robin Williams.
View Quote

People aren't grieving because he was an actor.  They are grieving because he touched many lives and brought smiles to many faces.  Dismissing an individual actor's impact just because "he was an actor" is just as bad as undeservedly glorifying one for the same reason.  People are not upset because an actor died; they're upset because Robin Williams - the man - died.

Lest we forget, Ronald Reagan was "an actor".
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I agree with OP. IT may not be an intentional distraction but the people really don't care about real news. No one knows or cares about Bengazi, IRS scandal, VA scandal, Fast & Furious, Governor Cuomo being investigated for tampering with ethics committee.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:09:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is
Who fucking cares?
I don't
View Quote

Thank you for sharing your deep personal thoughts with all of us here OP. I just want to let you know, I think you are awesome
and I will cry uncontrollably when the good lord sees it fit for you to join him in the afterlife. Until then, I will continue to worship every last
word you post here. Thanks bro
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:04:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Why are the flags not at half-mast? They were for Whitney......
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:10:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:11:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well that's You
I'm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's You
I'm out.

What in the blue fuck are you on about....

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#43]
In other words, OP admits he can only focus on one event at a time...and is being tricked by The Media.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:15:02 AM EDT
[#44]
He supported our troops.

RIP.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:22:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I agree with OP. IT may not be an intentional distraction but the people really don't care about real news. No one knows or cares about Bengazi, IRS scandal, VA scandal, Fast & Furious, Governor Cuomo being investigated for tampering with ethics committee.
View Quote

Fools are easily distracted; intelligent people not so much, but our society is turning out far more fools than intelligent people these days.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Robin who?

It is sad whenever someone ttakes their own life and leaves family behind, but I could honestly care less and am tired of the RW stuff showing up on my FB feedback...

I don't even think the guy was all that funny, and always thought that his "over the top, never turned off" act indicated some serious mental health issues...

View Quote

Sooooooooooooo, you DO care.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Read an article on him yesterday that said he had recently spent time in a rehab/rest facility after "working for 18 months straight".

I really have very, very little sympathy for anyone in Hollywood and fail to understand why so many Americans are enamored with these people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no conspiracy. The problem is the general public cares more about this trash than they do anything else. Meanwhile Yezidi children starve to death on a mountain, terrorists are raping and killing men, women, and children, Putin pushes on, and the public worries about some poor actor killing himself because his life was to tough he couldn't take it.....

Thank you!!

{angry clapping gif}
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lots of damned distractions lately

When the hell does the new Game of Thrones season start ?!?
View Quote

This
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top